PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den May 25th

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 04:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJyDZoUggSU

Another thursday, another warrior's den.

News of the week

The new characters are available to all players as of last tuesday.for 15,000 steel each. You can practice with them without purchasing them. 15,000 steel is the same price as a mythic outfit.

No new content this week, starting next week they will resume weekly releases of content. Reasoning was they wanted to let us get the heroes without thinking oh I really need that (whatever it is).

Events playlist was activated for the first time last weekend, events is to highlight something different or new. The events feature is not completely finished, there are bugs, but they wanted to put the new maps out there. It won't be the last time, they have pretty cool stuff in mind but no details on that as of yet, they have a few big things they want to do with it. There are not likely to be war assets on many events as they might unbalance the faction war if they do a few crazy things with it.

They did a pc hotfix last week for the sound bugs and such. They also did a console hotfix, apparently console only got about 80-90% of the patch, the live update didn't go through which is where they had balance differences between the two heroes and the single revive in elimination hadn't worked. All platforms have the same patch as of now.

This is the last week for players to get the viking celebration bundle. It goes at the beginning of next week.

Next title patch is coming soon, the team are doing last bits to it, testing, adding the bells and whistles and such. What they spoke about of it is the rage quit penalty and the first colour blind option. if I recall they said they had three modes in the works, this is the first. PvAI should also be fixed in this patch including the PC duel PvAI.

Next week they are doing a community workshop, so bringing people in, testing new content,sharing ideas et al. They will be testing season 3 stuff so there is stuff already in the works and testable it seems. This is a big thing for them because they can test the characters they put work into and like with any proof reading, as soon as thousands get their hands on it they find things that were missed, so it also serves as an extra set of eyes.

They have been working on their known issues process, there is a sub forum in support. They are going to try and keep this as current as possible.

Subreddit tournament

Over the next three days there is going to be a 2v2 bawl tournament.. Xbox will be tomorrow 10pm central european summertime, PC day after 7pm cest ps4 sunday cest. No revenge mode, no gear stats. Vivid-Naz is organising this. Using the 7pm times, I believe that would be 6pm gmt, 1pm eastern. Sign up on battlefy up to half hour before.

Lawbringer has not shrunk, apparently. Elric apparently went to a lot of people over this.

The colosseum some people had pictures of was their test map.

Over the next few weeks they are going to be digging into the vault and showing test gameplay from years ago. This week they had an interview with one of the experts they spoke with when developing the weapons. they tried to keep the weapon forms as realistic as possible, but obviously, computer game, they had to take a step away from realism to telegraph moves. You can likely thank this guy for a lot of the nobushi and orochi as his favourite weapons were katana and naginata.

Q&A

Last week they got a lot of feedback on the kensei and nobushi, they want some feedback on the orochi, good things, bad things, reddit, ubisoft forum, basically stuff to give them food for thought.

On PC there is a bug where the reflex guard direction does not match the direction they are dodging, they are working on it.

They mentioned the video over the warlord pushing someone the length of the map. They did miss this possibility, it is not intended, you are not supposed to be able to keep pushing a guy and stick him in that loop when he is on the ground so they are working on it.

There has been a regression on the locking on the raider's charge, they are addressing this and it should come in the next patch.

They intended the shinobi kick to be strong as it is the shinobi's defining feature. It is powerful, they are not yet ready to say if it is too powerful because they want to give people time to work on counters to it, they are watching matches and seeing how things go, it is on their radar but they don't want to be making changes right off the bat. If they look at this, they will have to look at other things to balance because of the healthpool for example. The kick is powerful but is open to a lot of powerful counters. They aren't saying it is perfect or anything, but they need to see how things are going and give it time.

New gear that isn't new bug, there is a fix for it, maybe it is in the next patch, maybe the one after. Also trophy glitches, one of the next patches.

They are looking at making chip damage bigger, not at the point they will confirm it but it is among a whole bunch of things.

Next patch will be 'soon'. Soon could be next week but no confirmation yet.

They are looking at centurion kick spam, they knew it might cause problems, especially facing four of them, but they don't want to nerf the hell out of it, they are looking for a 4v4 fix.

No plans for 60 fps on console.

They start releasing content next week. They know some players dig into the game to find content that has not been released, it is stuff they are working on but just because it is there does not mean it is ready.

They are looking at more inventory space, it isn't easy to do, they are investigating it.

Ranked mode was asked about, again the answer is soon.

New matchmaking is still in the works, the guy working on PvAI is the same guy who is meant to be working on that but they are on it.

End of Q&A, they are showing gameplay clips that have been posted.

Some of them are amusing, someone hit the trapdoor on a centurion who was using the thumbs down execute. Hazards you risk by bragging!

They are looking at a fix for preventing two centurions being able to juggle an enemy between them, there will be an escape moment.

They look closely at the top 7% for most of their balancing, they do also look at the part of the bellcurve where about 50% of the players are. In the latter segment it is more balanced in terms of win loss, there they look more at moves being used,their purpose there is making sure that as many of the moves they can have viable usage.

Centurion rap to wrap the show.

As a bonus, I found the rap in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUMB2rrqmG4

psyminion
05-25-2017, 04:36 PM
you are awesome!

as someone who can't watch it live, your notes etc are f*cking awesome.

thanks for taking the time to do this.

Pincopallino097
05-25-2017, 04:41 PM
you are awesome!

right :)

razabak10mm
05-25-2017, 04:43 PM
Thanks Candle. Looking forward to it.

Xtendead
05-25-2017, 04:44 PM
you are awesome!

Thumbs up! Thank you, Candle!

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-25-2017, 04:50 PM
MILLIONS of viewers!

Pincopallino097
05-25-2017, 04:59 PM
MILLIONS of viewers!

ahahahah I know what you are talking about xD

TheMalakith
05-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Might as well watch this as the game isn't working again.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Ragequit punish in the patch huh? Let's see how many of those 100% winrate will last.

TheLastPandaa
05-25-2017, 05:32 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM Seems like they are trying to cover up the LBs stature nerf.

Suspicious....
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/smurfs/images/d/da/Suspicious_Smurf.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130911184838

You will not fool us Ubisoft! We know the truth!
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/234/095/e04.jpg

Jarl.Felix
05-25-2017, 05:34 PM
So they don't answer community questions in this kind of streams ? They just got preset questions ? *Ubisoft*

bmason1000
05-25-2017, 05:53 PM
again we got all the derps posting first saything thank you for the bs and not really making your game work any better than last patch but great work on thos ornaments
They're thanking candle, who is not an ubi employee, for taking his personal time to write up a play-by-play of the stream for everyone, and if you're here i assume that includes you, who can't watch it. So yes, everyone post your appreciation. Thanks, candle. You're awesome.

Vingrask
05-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Thanks again for your time, Candle.

Dizzy4213
05-25-2017, 06:16 PM
Was really hoping they would address Defence Penetration.

Aside from the Q&A, the stream was pretty much pointless. I don't mind the funny clips and stuff, but they shouldn't take up valuable stream time in my opinion.

psyminion
05-25-2017, 06:29 PM
I know I'm not a top tier player, but fml I don't want bigger chip damage. being able to defend against spam is a big thing at the level I play at lol

Supercool5150
05-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Thx Candle. You da man!

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 06:50 PM
Welcome all, and to highlight a point above, yeah I am not an ubi employee, just another player. I did this once on a stream they were going over patch notes and people liked it so I carried on. I am just another person here all in all, I get involved in debates, sometimes I agree with people who have posted here, sometimes not and vice versa but I figured it was something good to do while I am doing nothing else listening to it anyway and the moderators started stickying them.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Was really hoping they would address Defence Penetration.

Aside from the Q&A, the stream was pretty much pointless. I don't mind the funny clips and stuff, but they shouldn't take up valuable stream time in my opinion.
Don't you find the math behind def.penetration to be asbolutely wrong? 10%-10%=0 Shouldn't be more like: 10%-10%=9%?
However you're right, this dev stream was just a bunch of memes. and they didn't show the best one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6d1xc1/shinobis_kick_is_punishable_i_swear/

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Don't you find the math behind def.penetration to be asbolutely wrong? 10%-10%=0 Shouldn't be more like: 10%-10%=9%?
However you're right, this dev stream was just a bunch of memes. and they didn't show the best one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6d1xc1/shinobis_kick_is_punishable_i_swear/

Looking at that, the centurion actually got an attack in, it was just parried, so yeah that is where it is more a matter of skill in anticipating the attack was coming and getting the parry timing right, or it was luck with the heavy, in which case not as skilled but still, was a decent play to react to that and not waste the unexpected parry. Also in that same thread, people spoke of killing him mid kick.

Also this from that thread.

---
Confirmed that Conq can dodge-bash Shinobi before they recover from the failed kick... which should give a free light (or maybe that's not guaranteed?). That is the BEST possible outcome from a dodged kick... if you go for the GB, Shinobi will light attack you... if you go for the light, they will still light attack you.

Either bash (if applicable), or dodge and wait to parry/CGB.
---

So not doing anything right after a dodge gives you a potential counter which is more likely to land if you are specifically going for it. I usually can't cgb that well, but if I know a shinobi is after me, I have gotten a few because I look for it more.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Looking at that, the centurion actually got an attack in, it was just parried, so yeah that is where it is more a matter of skill in anticipating the attack was coming and getting the parry timing right, or it was luck with the heavy, in which case not as skilled but still, was a decent play to react to that and not waste the unexpected parry. Also in that same thread, people spoke of killing him mid kick.

Also this from that thread.

---
Confirmed that Conq can dodge-bash Shinobi before they recover from the failed kick... which should give a free light (or maybe that's not guaranteed?). That is the BEST possible outcome from a dodged kick... if you go for the GB, Shinobi will light attack you... if you go for the light, they will still light attack you.

Either bash (if applicable), or dodge and wait to parry/CGB.
---

So not doing anything right after a dodge gives you a potential counter which is more likely to land if you are specifically going for it. I usually can't cgb that well, but if I know a shinobi is after me, I have gotten a few because I look for it more.
Man, the centurion threw that light as fast as he could and shinobi was still in his recovery animation. That is what i'm trying to point out. If shinobi fully recovered and THEN centurion attacked it would still be broken af but...look closely and you'll notice how wrong it feels being parried like that.

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 07:40 PM
Man, the centurion threw that light as fast as he could and shinobi was still in his recovery animation. That is what i'm trying to point out. If shinobi fully recovered and THEN centurion attacked it would still be broken af but...look closely and you'll notice how wrong it feels being parried like that.

Yeah, I think things about that kick do need looking at and I have said that, the strongest against any change said the same as Roman did today, allow too big a punish and that health pool suddenly isn't balanced, it might be a few things need to change all at once if anything does, I was just picking out a few things I saw in that thread that could help in the current state.

Gray360UK
05-25-2017, 08:06 PM
There has been a regression on the locking on the raider's charge, they are addressing this and it should come in the next patch

I LOL'ed at Romans 'sh-t happens' comment when explaining what had caused this regression, brilliant ;)

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 08:16 PM
I LOL'ed at Romans 'sh-t happens' comment when explaining what had caused this regression, brilliant ;)

LOL yes >.> at least they are unhappening it.

Peatzz
05-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Did they adress the 6000037 and the 0002001512 Errors?
Are they working on that problem? :/

Got this 0002001512 Error now a week and had him before (4 weeks back then)
where I simply cant find a online lobby.
Only Duels vs AI is boring.

Greez

bmason1000
05-25-2017, 09:07 PM
I had no idea the "events" playlist was active. I've been really wondering when they'd ever use that and what it would be for. As far as new content goes i think that's pretty exciting, definitely looking forward to that being more active.

Alchemist..
05-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Can somebody explain me what colourblind mode is

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 09:13 PM
I had no idea the "events" playlist was active. I've been really wondering when they'd ever use that and what it would be for. As far as new content goes i think that's pretty exciting, definitely looking forward to that being more active.

I was lucky enough to be in game at the time and got the ingame announcement, it was dominion on the new maps.

Can somebody explain me what colourblind mode is

They said some time ago they are working on making the game more accessible for people who are colourblind. There are three types of colourblindness they are looking at and it sounds like they got the stuff for one of them nearly ready to go.

bmason1000
05-25-2017, 09:22 PM
I'm very interested in the different color blind options. I have some minor red/green issues that i was totally unaware of until my entry physical for the army in my 20's. I am going to laugh my a*** off if thats why I'm bad at parry/cgb. Probably not though, i see the indicators and I'm guessing i see them just fine. Fingers crossed I've got a disability haha!!

Mia.Nora
05-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Awesome work candle!

Hillbill79
05-26-2017, 01:19 AM
That rap is quality!

CandleInTheDark
05-26-2017, 12:26 PM
That rap is quality!

I watch battle rap so it is amusing there are some rappers I could imagine using something like that as a round while keeping a straight face lol;In Britain we get the same aggression you do in America and Canada, on the other end of the scale we get people whose whole shtick is humour and rolling their eyes as they break down an opponent's image, and for some reason we get wrestling bars >.> but that might just be the 1v1 acapella champ in our main league lol.

FightingFerrets
05-28-2017, 02:16 PM
you are awesome!

Absolutely concur.