PDA

View Full Version : AI parameters

darkhorizon11
06-11-2004, 01:08 PM
To what extent does the AI improve when you turn the settings up? Obviously enemy fighters become more aggresive and are much better at pushing the envelope in their respective aircraft.

What about bombers? I notice they do take some evasive maneuvers but are they effective by the different AI skill levels. Do the defensive gunners improve as well? How about cargo and transport craft. Does there ability to stick and jive to avoid fire change at all???

darkhorizon11
06-11-2004, 01:08 PM
To what extent does the AI improve when you turn the settings up? Obviously enemy fighters become more aggresive and are much better at pushing the envelope in their respective aircraft.

What about bombers? I notice they do take some evasive maneuvers but are they effective by the different AI skill levels. Do the defensive gunners improve as well? How about cargo and transport craft. Does there ability to stick and jive to avoid fire change at all???

mortoma
06-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Yes the bomber gunners get better!!! That's why I put the line "Maxbomberskill=1" in the Dgen section of my conf.ini file. Where the number 1 represents average AI skill. This way I can survive intercerption of bombers more easily. They still hit me though, sometimes kill my engine or me. I am thinking about turning it down to zero!!
The Dgen AI levels are:
0 = rookie
1 = average
2 = veteran
3 = ace

Blutarski2004
06-11-2004, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by darkhorizon11:

..... An offline AI ace will kill you dead with marksman accuracy from 600+ meters head-on while flying upside down and sipping his Slurpee. Basically jst do not give a tracking solution to an "ace" AI. AI aces always detect you long before you reach gun range, no matter what sort of approach you make; they cannot be bounced. AI aces perform prodigious feats of aerobatics in which their a/c literally defy the laws of physics. Oh yes, and they never black out.

.....Ace level AI bomber have ace level gunners, who are basically as good gunners as the afore-mentioned ace level AI pilots. Their first shots will kill either you or your engine. The only difference is that I think bomber gunners have cup holders for their Slurpees. I'd hate to think that they are capable of such accuracy using a single hand only on the gun. Ace level bombers are also capable of performing mind-boggling maneuvers.

BLUTARSKI

darkhorizon11
06-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Nice. I want a slurpee holder in my Mustang though.

darkhorizon11
06-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Nice. I want a slurpee holder in my Mustang though.