PDA

View Full Version : Cent/Shinobi boosting for double the reknown. Intentional?

Adananthony
05-25-2017, 11:18 AM
This issue is currently being addressed here

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675895-PC-PS4-XONE-Centurion-and-Shinobi-Tick-2-Points-While-Holding-Zone

20s video showing shinobi getting 2x reknown!? I was wondering why the cent/shinobi always have highest scores and receive feats 2x as fast as everyone else 😂

https://youtu.be/6hB3GnoDSm8

I've been noticing this in every game so far and have videos that I will post soon.

Basically in Dominion on PS4 when boosting a zone (defending it while no enemies are challenging it) on my conq, warden, and zerker I'll get about 1 reknown per tick. ( 1r/t )
I've noticed that Centaurians and Shinobi's get 2 reknown per tick ( 2r/t ).

Is this intentional or is this a bug?
Like I said I will post videos of me and another shinobi in the same zone where they are getting essentially double the r/t I am haha.

If anyone on PS4 reads this, just check it out in your next dominion game with a cent/shin it has been consistent for me and let me know below. I'm curious if this is actually intentional or a unchecked bug.

Butonfly
05-25-2017, 12:23 PM
I've been noticing this in every game so far and have videos that I will post soon.

Basically in Dominion on PS4 when boosting a zone (defending it while no enemies are challenging it) on my conq, warden, and zerker I'll get about 1 reknown per tick. ( 1r/t )

Like I said I will post videos of me and another shinobi in the same zone where they are getting essentially double the r/t I am haha.

If anyone on PS4 reads this, just check it out in your next dominion game with a cent/shin it has been consistent for me and let me know below. I'm curious if this is actually intentional or a unchecked bug.

Different Heroes garner reputation from different things.

Berserker gets his bulk from 1v1's, for example (or 1v2's for that matter). Killing and executing earn him more. Where'as some heroes earn more from holding a point.

Ontari
05-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Nah, there is definitely something bugged going on.

Recently in dominion I've played a Shinobi, and by the half of the match I had all of my feats unlocked.

Shinobi as an assassin gets his renown by killing in 1v1 and getting kill streaks. I wasn't doing so well in that match when it came to killing spree, I was mostly capping points and clearing B, yet my renown was pumping up like crazy.

I believe there is something wrong going on with it.

SnugglesIV
05-25-2017, 12:33 PM

I'm pretty sure it is a confirmed bug. I'd dig up a link for you but I have work early tomorrow.

Blasto95
05-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Different Heroes garner reputation from different things.

Berserker gets his bulk from 1v1's, for example (or 1v2's for that matter). Killing and executing earn him more. Where'as some heroes earn more from holding a point.

I was wondering if anyone else would notice this issue...
Yes certain heroes get certain bonuses for renown. PK, Orochi, and Zerker all have 1v1 fights, kill streaks, and something else to boost their renown. All assassins, all have the same renown boosts. Shinobi is also an Assasin. When you check his boosts he also has the assassin boosts because well hes an assassin. However he gains renown at an incredibly fast pace. Seems as though he gets x2 renown capturing zones and x2 Renown killing minons. Essentially he gets Vanguard AND Assassin boosts for renown. Hey may get more than just that, just what ive noticed. Also this couldve been a change from the last patch but I just completely missed it?

Ive played Centurion, but Ive never checked his renown boosts. Figured he would have the same or similar to a Vanguard.

SnugglesIV
05-25-2017, 12:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone else would notice this issue...
Yes certain heroes get certain bonuses for renown. PK, Orochi, and Zerker all have 1v1 fights, kill streaks, and something else to boost their renown. All assassins, all have the same renown boosts. Shinobi is also an Assasin. When you check his boosts he also has the assassin boosts because well hes an assassin. However he gains renown at an incredibly fast pace. Seems as though he gets x2 renown capturing zones and x2 Renown killing minons. Essentially he gets Vanguard AND Assassin boosts for renown. Hey may get more than just that, just what ive noticed. Also this couldve been a change from the last patch but I just completely missed it?

Ive played Centurion, but Ive never checked his renown boosts. Figured he would have the same or similar to a Vanguard.

Centurion's renown boost is your stock and trade Vanguard rules. Shinobi has the stock and trade Assassin rules (extra renown for 1v1 fights and kill streaks). This is why we know Shinobi's renown gain is currently bugged. Assassins are not supposed to gain a lot of renown from boosting points, which is why their T4 feats tend to be some of the strongest (Fear Itself is so good, especially if you stack it with Sharpen Blade for boosted bleed damage).

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 03:18 PM
I noticed this with the shinobi and sent off a message to one of the reps to pass on to the devs to see if it was intentional.

Adananthony
05-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Awesome! I knew I wasn't the first one to notice this and checked the bug forums but couldn't find anything regarding it.
I wouldn't even have a problem with it if I knew that it was intentionally part of their passive skills. But as SnugglesIV and Ontari brought up, a shinobi as an assasin doesn't seem like the character that would have this skill.
If there's other threads or links you guys have of conversation just comment then and I'll make sure to include it in my op.
Thanks! Once again funny bug lol.

Supercool5150
05-25-2017, 06:38 PM
I'll admit I have had some incredible scores with the centurion and didn't do much to earn them. I have also noticed feats unlocking quick with him. Good catch.

CandleInTheDark
05-25-2017, 06:54 PM
I must confess, before I caught on hey this might be a bug, I often boosted zone with my shinobi ten seconds at the start just to get my stealth up >.> lol it was only when I dusted off my warden I was all...wait a minute.

Adananthony
05-25-2017, 10:14 PM
Yah it is kind of ridiculous you could have double the kills and half the deaths as the new chars, and they will still double your score on their boosting alone lol

UbiJurassic
05-25-2017, 11:59 PM
We're aware of the problem and have it listed in our Known Issues sub-forum (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675895-PC-PS4-XONE-Centurion-and-Shinobi-Tick-2-Points-While-Holding-Zone). We were able to reproduce it on our side and we are investigating it further. Hopefully we will have a fix out for it soon.

Adananthony
05-26-2017, 03:28 AM
Thanks! Posted link in OP

Adananthony
05-26-2017, 04:45 AM
https://youtu.be/6hB3GnoDSm8
Snow1003 thanks for your assistance!
He's the shinobi in the same zone as me receiving 2x reknown.