PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi execution Snap-Off is wrong! Error/Bug

TheBigLanowski
05-25-2017, 10:05 AM
Hello,

I just bought the new execution "Snap-Off" for my Nobushi, because it looks awesome. Now in the game I noticed a bit of a difference compared to the preview video... First, the camera angle is different, it is not like from behind and a bit to the right but completely from the right (looks strange) and at the end of the move, the move is complete different! In the preview she swirls her Naginata in the preview but in the actual execution she just jumps one step back...
I'm really disappointed by that because I didn't get what I was promised and now wasted 7k steel on an execution that now looks **** imho.
I also contacted the support but with no satisfying result. So I hope I get heard here and maybe find some players with the same issue.

Two examples I found on YouTube:
Wrong animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Uk0OFYpEg&feature=youtu.be&t=3m1s

Promised animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4awBkXo0xM&feature=youtu.be&t=1m40s

Draghmar
05-25-2017, 10:37 AM
Was the preview in game like the one you said was promised?

TheBigLanowski
05-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Was the preview in game like the one you said was promised?

Yep they are exactly the same. But if you execute someone you get the wrong one.

Draghmar
05-25-2017, 11:00 AM
Interesting. I bought it too but I didn't notice those two differences. They clearly made a mistake. Probably the video for in-game presentation was made before some adjustments had to be put. Don't know about camera angle but I think the last part may cause some problems because what I noticed is this odd jump-slide at the very end.

If you really don't like it so much then I suggest you contact their support and ask for refund. If you can you should record in-game video and attach it as a proof of difference.

Gray360UK
05-25-2017, 11:41 AM
Seen a couple of threads about this before. It's definitely wrong and doesn't match what is 'advertised' but I don't know if there's anything Support will do about it. Worth a try I guess if you are really unhappy with it.

Claudius_Katt
05-26-2017, 07:16 AM
I had the exact same problem,
My animation was faulty and I reported it as such but then it strangely started working as its advertised so I cancelled my report,
That only lasted a few days however and as of last night however its returned to the wrong animation again,
I'm certain this is must be a glitch.

Until its fixed I guess I'll have to switch back to Snapmare,
Hope they fix it soon cause its my favourite Execution.

TheBigLanowski
05-26-2017, 09:13 AM
Seen a couple of threads about this before. It's definitely wrong and doesn't match what is 'advertised' but I don't know if there's anything Support will do about it. Worth a try I guess if you are really unhappy with it.

I searched the forum before my entry and didn't found one about it :/
Lets see, since claudius is reporting that it worked for a short time, I hope that this is just a glitch and they will fix it some time soon. But I will try to get a refund until it is fixed and then I will buy it again.
I will report the result with the support here as soon as I get an answer.

Gray360UK
05-26-2017, 11:11 AM
Lets see, since claudius is reporting that it worked for a short time, I hope that this is just a glitch and they will fix it some time soon. But I will try to get a refund until it is fixed and then I will buy it again.

As far as I know it has never worked properly. On the day of it's release there were several people complaining about it being different from the animation in the preview window, people described her as 'doing a little monkey jump' at the end instead of twirling her weapon.

Claudius_Katt
05-26-2017, 11:13 AM

I searched Snap Off Execution after seeing this thread out of curiosity and found a few other posts albeit they were posted at the start of the month and most got little to no attention,

However in one thread posted by Nip..Nip, UbiNoty said that he would be bringing it up with the developers to query if it was a glitch or not, I hope he still intends to bring it up.
Either way it gives me some hope it will be resolved.

Please do report any news on the situation as it continues cause I'd love to see the execution working as intended again, especially since I recently opted to main Nobushi.

TheBigLanowski
05-27-2017, 05:58 AM
I searched Snap Off Execution after seeing this thread out of curiosity and found a few other posts albeit they were posted at the start of the month and most got little to no attention,

However in one thread posted by Nip..Nip, UbiNoty said that he would be bringing it up with the developers to query if it was a glitch or not, I hope he still intends to bring it up.
Either way it gives me some hope it will be resolved.

Please do report any news on the situation as it continues cause I'd love to see the execution working as intended again, especially since I recently opted to main Nobushi.

I went through some threads after I searched for Nobushi but didn't find anything :D should have tried your approach!
Anyhow on other notice I have some news from the support!
They sent it to the devs and I got my steel refunded as a little bonus for bringing up this issue and making a detailed report. So lets hope the devs fix it soon.

Now the only thing I need to be happy is more armour variety for my Nobushi :D I'm still unsatisfied with the collection we got...

Claudius_Katt
05-27-2017, 06:20 PM
I went through some threads after I searched for Nobushi but didn't find anything :D should have tried your approach!
Anyhow on other notice I have some news from the support!
They sent it to the devs and I got my steel refunded as a little bonus for bringing up this issue and making a detailed report. So lets hope the devs fix it soon.

Now the only thing I need to be happy is more armour variety for my Nobushi :D I'm still unsatisfied with the collection we got...

Excellent news,
Now I'll just have to sit back and wait patiently for Ubisofts response to the glitch,
Glad you got it sorted out to some degree,

Also I have to say I agree completely about the armour, I'd love to see a new set,
Something totally different from the current ones would be epic!
Maybe something a bit cleaner and crisper, a touch more upper class?

TheBigLanowski
05-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Excellent news,
Now I'll just have to sit back and wait patiently for Ubisofts response to the glitch,
Glad you got it sorted out to some degree,

Also I have to say I agree completely about the armour, I'd love to see a new set,
Something totally different from the current ones would be epic!
Maybe something a bit cleaner and crisper, a touch more upper class?

Yeah, I looked around a bit and I found one amazing fanart + some official drawings from Ubisoft themself!
I have to say, I want something like this!
http://img05.deviantart.net/6725/i/2017/121/e/b/nobushi_by_bakarov-db7o34f.jpg

Or like this second sketch:
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_news-this-week-in-fh_20170413_nobushi_288718.jpg

These look amazing imho and it is sad that we don't have something like this...

CandleInTheDark
05-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I looked around a bit and I found one amazing fanart + some official drawings from Ubisoft themself!

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_news-this-week-in-fh_20170413_nobushi_288718.jpg

Those would be awesome. Nobushi is pretty much secondary main currently (there are four I play regularly including my main and she gets game time second only to my main right now) so more styling and profiling options would get steel off me.

Claudius_Katt
05-29-2017, 09:58 PM

Those are awesome!
I love the outfit in the second pic labelled first sketch, that would be awesome in game,
Especially the sleeves, imagine running around the battlefield decapitating people with those sleeves twirling about like some deranged monsterous butterfly!

TheBigLanowski
05-30-2017, 07:40 PM
Thank you all for your feedback! I crated a new thread about this in the suggestion section since we are a bit off topic here.

This is the link: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679117-Feedback-Suggestion-on-new-Nobushi-armour!-Other-heroes-welcome?p=12680147#post12680147

Hope to see you there and discuss the armour visuals with you there :)