PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Inspections

mistados
05-24-2017, 07:10 PM
I've asked for this countless times..lol..

Please bring us weapon inspections wherein you press reload on a full clip and your character inspects or manipulates the weapon in some way. Like a brass check or even just admiring the weapon model.

More games are doing this and it's very cool. In first person games like this your only real representation are your characters hands and weapon model, so being able to interact with it freely separate from reloading is a nice touch of polish.

It probably won't happen, but I can hope.

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 07:28 PM
I've asked for this countless times..lol..

Please bring us weapon inspections wherein you press reload on a full clip and your character inspects or manipulates the weapon in some way. Like a brass check or even just admiring the weapon model.

More games are doing this and it's very cool. In first person games like this your only real representation are your characters hands and weapon model, so being able to interact with it freely separate from reloading is a nice touch of polish.

It probably won't happen, but I can hope.

That would be pretty awesome! What other games do that? Only game I heard of having such a thing was I think shadow warrior... It would be pretty cool & a nice touch. Like a self initiated idle animation or something. Could show him just half caulk the gun to check that a round is chambered, kinda play with the safety switch, mess with an expandable stock or something... lot of possible little animation possibilities that would be just kind of cool to be able to initiate...

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Call of duty MWR

In the context of this thread I do not understand this reply...

mistados
05-24-2017, 08:05 PM
In the context of this thread I do not understand this reply...

The recent COD4 remaster added in some weapon inspections that were not present in the original release.

As for other games that do this, you're right about Shadow Warrior, the sequel has them too, FarCry 2 had some very cool weapon inspections although they were idle, not user triggered sadly. I think Counter Strike has them too, and an old game called Condemned: Criminal Origins had them..

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 12:08 AM
Ahh, I've never played any of the games that have player triggered ones then. I may have played like 20 minutes of condemned way back when but.... I wholly support this idea if only because I"m a believer that every button on the controller should do something at any time... if your gun is full and you press reload, 99.999% of games, it does nothing... even if all they did was make it so that it initiates what was normally just an idle animation that would be fine... but it should do that at least, but even preferable to that would be specific weapon check or weapon flair animations. Like maybe the character practices spinning his pistol on his finger or twirls a sniper rifle around...

JakeyChappers
05-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Can we holster our weapon too please? so when we're exploring we don't have a big gun or bow taking up part of the screen constantly pointed at everything we look at

mistados
05-25-2017, 10:21 AM
Would be a welcome addition for sure.

JakeyChappers
05-25-2017, 10:23 AM
I liked the customization for guns in Deus Ex, similar to that would be cool. Inspect the gun and you can swap out the scope and attachments on the fly

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 06:41 PM
I liked the customization for guns in Deus Ex, similar to that would be cool. Inspect the gun and you can swap out the scope and attachments on the fly

Yeah, & deus ex stole that from crysis, which was made by crytek, who developed the original Far Cry... haha. Would be kinda cool, and I'd definitely like "in the field" attachment switching, especially if it came complete with little animations of you actually swapping the attachments... showing him twist on a silencer or click a red dot onto the mod rack would be pretty cool...