PDA

View Full Version : ETF Charlie - Day Two Recap

mattshotcha
05-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Agents, we have some ETF Charlie intel incoming...

Day Two kicked off with a staggered schedule of game play sessions and workshops for a variety of aspects of Year Two. Our ETF Agents were able to test and provide immediate first impression responses to some of the most debated topics and projected changes to The Division.

We've prepared a rough outline to provide a bit more visibility into what exactly they were shown:

Gameplay
• Tested Update 1.7 and more particularly the Global Events feature (formerly known as Seasons)
• Tested changes to the Rogue mechanics scheduled for Update 1.8

Gear sets
• Gear Sets balancing
• New Gear sets ideas
• Improvements to the Gear set feature

Underground
• Current issues with Underground
• Improvements to make it more attractive
• Directives mechanic
• Rewards
• Variety

PvP combat dynamic (“chicken dance”)
• Hip-fire
• Cover
• Movement

Again, further details cannot be shared at this time, but this should provide a bit of an overview on the scope of topics under review by the Agents of ETF Charlie.

Day Two is capped off by a "Meet & Greet" session with ETF Charlie, the members of the dev team that are in town for the event, and any local Division Agents interested and available.

Stay tuned for our Day Three recap for more details on all things ETF Charlie, The Division, and Year Two.

/The Division Dev Team

Adbmaus
05-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Never mind. wasting my breath.

ochre4
05-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Unbelievable. What about probably the most requested thing..........survival update!!!!!!!

mattshotcha
05-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Unbelievable. What about probably the most requested thing..........survival update!!!!!!!

What about the virtue known as... patience?

Gang, it's Day Two. We have more stuff for you all in the coming days.

SevenNVD
05-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Thanks for these updates, keep 'em coming please!

Also hope to hear some of the meet & greet agents' impressions!

jaiant2427
05-24-2017, 08:09 PM
I know a lot of us want more because of either our curiosity or overall concern for the direction of the Division so we may come off a bit salty. However, I appreciate the little tidbits we do get. At the very least it's a "better than nothing scenario".Keep the info coming, thanks.

mattshotcha
05-24-2017, 08:14 PM
I know a lot of us want more because of either our curiosity or overall concern for the direction of the Division so we may come off a bit salty. However, I appreciate the little tidbits we do get. At the very least it's a "better than nothing scenario".Keep the info coming, thanks.

We also have two more days of ETF Charlie, with two more days of recaps coming. While we can't peel back the whole curtain, we wanted to do all we could to at least provide some high level info on what's being worked on.

Stay tuned for more.

MonsterOfMyOwn
05-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Stay tuned for more.

really thank you for the infos and I'm glad that you're working on improving the game. Is there any way to prevent from side effects of pacthes next time ? not that they are really game breaking, but still...

mattshotcha
05-24-2017, 09:07 PM
really thank you for the infos and I'm glad that you're working on improving the game. Is there any way to prevent from side effects of pacthes next time ? not that they are really game breaking, but still...

When you say side effects you mean introducing new bugs, correct?

If so, we're hoping that a more robust PTS cycle, including console will help there.

We'll have our usual internal testing, a PTS including console, and then a final round of internal testing and finalization.

Demiz3r
05-24-2017, 09:15 PM
When you say side effects you mean introducing new bugs, correct?

If so, we're hoping that a more robust PTS cycle, including console will help there.

We'll have our usual internal testing, a PTS including console, and then a final round of internal testing and finalization.

This patch might have few fixed some issues, but it also added more bugs/gltiches. Also bugs that was reported from previous patches are still present. There are bugs that was claimed as fixed on the patch notes, but that bugs are still present. I reported these on technical forums.

What happen with the pts? I'm pretty sure we gave you a lot of feedback. Numerous things still went to the live game. What is the point of the pts if you release patches that introduce more bugs? I feel pts needs to be in a controlled environment where certain mechanics are tested thoroughly.

Thanks for the update. I still believe there are more issues/topic that should be on the table.

Brodie-ism
05-24-2017, 11:27 PM

The fact that you like Survival and feel it needs improvement does not equate to it being "the most requested thing." I personally don't like Survival and really don't care if they change it.

RushLoongHammer
05-24-2017, 11:38 PM
If things scheduled for 1.8 are finished early and acceptable for release, could they be released in 1.7?
Like if the rogue mechanics changes are done early?
or is it scheduled so that other things in the patch complement each other so moving specific content early would be to a detriment?

QJ_WIN
05-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Thanks a ton Matt for the update.....(pretty please dont destroy DeadEYE lol!)

MSDX-
05-25-2017, 01:36 AM
I'm hoping that making currencies, crafting materials and blueprints account-wide is being discussed.

Don't recall it being in the survey but it's a high priority request for most people who play more than one character, including myself of course.

mckrackin5324
05-25-2017, 03:14 AM
The fact that you like Survival and feel it needs improvement does not equate to it being "the most requested thing." I personally don't like Survival and really don't care if they change it.

I honestly don't think Survival should be worked on in this patch. None of the DLCs should.

"Year 2 content will be 100% free for everybody".
Free for everybody does not mean free for everybody that bought a season pass or DLCs.

Fix bugs. Sure.
But spending time and resources on the DLCs is the same thing as a big ole lie.

Jonathancrk
05-25-2017, 04:52 AM
I honestly don't think Survival should be worked on in this patch. None of the DLCs should.

"Year 2 content will be 100% free for everybody".
Free for everybody does not mean free for everybody that bought a season pass or DLCs.

Fix bugs. Sure.
But spending time and resources on the DLCs is the same thing as a big ole lie.

Unless, of course, they intend to make Underground free for everyone, or as part of their seasons, free to access during a specific period. Or they could just create a 'lite' version of Underground for everyone to trial.

It still would be a good idea, since ETF Charlie is there, to test out some ideas.

ChilliDude911
05-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Any EFT Agents from Australia (or Asia) who can discuss how pathetic matchmaking (servers) is for Last Stand & Incursions?
That should have been addressed in the 1.6.1 patch!

Adbmaus
05-25-2017, 06:04 PM
hey remember that time that they said the middle update would be QoL for PvE? lol Screw us, amirite?

How much of that pesky non PvP stuff has been handled by those most notorious of PvE streamers?

Z3r0C00l_
05-26-2017, 01:38 PM
you discussed PVP? then for sure you discussed Anti-cheat :D though i am sure there should be a reason for not posting anything on that :D