PDA

View Full Version : Are Stamina drain attacks "debuffs"?

Butonfly
05-24-2017, 08:32 AM
As per title. If so, it'd follow that debuff resist would counter the damage?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 08:33 AM
That is a great question I would like the answer to.

If yes then that would make the Debuff stat much more valuable

Mia.Nora
05-24-2017, 08:37 AM
Considering there were speculations about CGB time window being effected by debuff resist; at this point anything and everything ispossible; since those stats are just generic words with no clarity behind them.

Draghmar
05-24-2017, 08:46 AM
The most clarity I found is this:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1670090-Gear-Stats-Definitions
But still it doesn't tell if the list there is 100% accurate.

Knight_Raime
05-24-2017, 09:05 AM
nope.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 09:08 AM
nope.

Do you have proof to back up that statement or are you just stating your opinion?

matt89connor
05-24-2017, 09:14 AM
i think yes because all type of debuff you recive have a purple symbol top of your life bar (bleed is an exception), so debuff resistance should help even with stamina drain debuff

Knight_Raime
05-24-2017, 07:12 PM
Do you have proof to back up that statement or are you just stating your opinion?

by playing as long as I have.
ive only seen debuff resistance work on bleed dmg, fire dmg, and feats that debuff players. ive never lost less stam from a bash attack or less blinded time.
stam damage is damage. not a status effect placed on your hero.

Jackie.Treehorn
05-24-2017, 07:43 PM
ive only seen debuff resistance work on bleed dmg, fire dmg, and feats that debuff players. ive never lost less stam from a bash attack or less blinded time.
stam damage is damage. not a status effect placed on your hero.

Stam drain not being considered a debuff makes sense because debuffs are typically damage over time , BUT what about stamina cost reduction???

Stamina regen and exhaustion recovery help counter stam drain indirectly by their very nature, but what about cost reduction which can affect the drain directly? Do you know if stam drain is affected by cost reduction stats? I haven't played enough to get a feel for this, but I've been running under the assumption that it does.

Graci0us
05-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Good question. Hopefully, a mod will relay it to be answered tomorrow on the dev stream. They are suppose to release something that explains all this. Dont remember timeframe, though.

UbiJurassic
05-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Good question. Hopefully, a mod will relay it to be answered tomorrow on the dev stream. They are suppose to release something that explains all this. Dont remember timeframe, though.

I'll see what I can do. ;)

Alchemist..
05-25-2017, 12:16 AM
i think yes because all type of debuff you recive have a purple symbol top of your life bar (bleed is an exception), so debuff resistance should help even with stamina drain debuff

As i know all stamina drain attacks are unblockable so it seems pretty weird, and not glowing anyhow in purple, so its very possible that's do not work as indeed.

Graci0us
05-25-2017, 12:23 AM
Appreciate that man!

Knight_Raime
05-25-2017, 01:10 AM
Stam drain not being considered a debuff makes sense because debuffs are typically damage over time , BUT what about stamina cost reduction???

Stamina regen and exhaustion recovery help counter stam drain indirectly by their very nature, but what about cost reduction which can affect the drain directly? Do you know if stam drain is affected by cost reduction stats? I haven't played enough to get a feel for this, but I've been running under the assumption that it does.

far as i know ( my cent uses stam reduction) it doesn't effect how much you lose from an opponents stam drain attacks. it only reduces the cost of your attacks.

KnifeInUrNeck
05-25-2017, 04:07 AM
That's a good question. I was wondering if it affects stun recovery as well. That'd be handy

kweassa1917
05-25-2017, 04:53 AM
That's a good question. I was wondering if it affects stun recovery as well. That'd be handy

IIRC the intensity of the stun -- as in how white/fazed out the screen becomes, is counted as a debuff and therefore altered by the stat. That's what people used to say a few months back.