PDA

View Full Version : New Game Mod Idea

SwellChemosabe
05-24-2017, 02:39 AM
Free for all: Despite the fact that it would be a massive clusterf**ck, am I alone in thinking a free for all mode would be pretty cool? Everyone picks their hero and has to survive against one another? I mean, in the opening cutscene of the game we see a samurai, warden, and a raider all going at it, so why wouldn't it be a cool idea to incorporate something like that in the game? Yes? No? Your thoughts people of the forum? :)

UbiJurassic
05-24-2017, 02:57 AM
We've seen the idea thrown around here and there on the forums. Seems to be a pretty polarizing topic for some.

Helnekromancer
05-24-2017, 06:30 AM
We've seen the idea thrown around here and there on the forums. Seems to be a pretty polarizing topic for some.

Nothing gets the adrenaline pumping more than know you have no friends, only foes and the only thing you can trust is you and your own personal skill.

You could also have 2 separate types of Free For All:

- Free For All Deathmatch: 8 players race to get a certain amount of kills
- Free For All Elimination: 8 players walk in, 1 leaves out

I also believe these game modes to be entertaining especially the Elimination version would attract an audience. Everyone knows top tier fighters dominate the Duel scene leaving characters who aren't S or A tier out the running and Dominion favors whomever has the best communication or skilled enough to beat a 1v3 but Free For All would create an entirely different meta and give all the fighters equal ground you never know whose going to win.

SanaMinatozaki-
05-24-2017, 06:45 AM
Nothing gets the adrenaline pumping more than know you have no friends, only foes and the only thing you can trust is you and your own personal skill.

You could also have 2 separate types of Free For All:

- Free For All Deathmatch: 8 players race to get a certain amount of kills
- Free For All Elimination: 8 players walk in, 1 leaves out

I also believe these game modes to be entertaining especially the Elimination version would attract an audience. Everyone knows top tier fighters dominate the Duel scene leaving characters who aren't S or A tier out the running and Dominion favors whomever has the best communication or skilled enough to beat a 1v3 but Free For All would create an entirely different meta and give all the fighters equal ground you never know whose going to win.

i will use lawbringer and seat and wait until left me and 1 more guy which is heavily injured than i start fighting :rolleyes:

My.Insanity
05-24-2017, 06:50 AM
Sounds nice !!!

How about make it like Brawl but instead of 2vs2 its 1vs1vs1 ? the map is a little bit smaller then the Brawl ones so no one trys to run and hide till the other 2 players have finished them and all 3 Players start in the same Area close to another so you can directly start your Mind games. (uhhh im Hyped :D)

Helnekromancer
05-24-2017, 06:53 AM
i will use lawbringer and seat and wait until left me and 1 more guy which is heavily injured than i start fighting :rolleyes:

Sure use whatever tactic you like, no one knows who will win. Will it be the Warlord whose turtling in a corner or the Nobushi using her zone attacks to his everyone around her, or the Shugoki who is suprise hugging people or the Lawbringer who sits riding his pony waiting it out and as soon as there is one person left he surprising them with his running charge and pushes them 10 feet back into the water, WHAT A TRUE DISPLAY OF SKILL!! xD

But with that it might take Dominions title, if it was put into the game as the most populated game mode. You can't really shut your brain of in Dominion but you sure can turn on some music and turn off your brain and go on a killing spree in Free For All.

And I think that's what For Honor needs, a game mode you can just pick up and play and not have to worry about random factors like teammates and objectives that over time become draining and make you not want to play the game after an hour or 2.

nufrancis
05-24-2017, 07:13 AM
Got same idea since month ago.

We should name this mode: BATTLE ROYALE

Butonfly
05-24-2017, 07:20 AM
Free for all: Despite the fact that it would be a massive clusterf**ck, am I alone in thinking a free for all mode would be pretty cool? Everyone picks their hero and has to survive against one another? I mean, in the opening cutscene of the game we see a samurai, warden, and a raider all going at it, so why wouldn't it be a cool idea to incorporate something like that in the game? Yes? No? Your thoughts people of the forum? :)

I can see it now, the opening will be like a scene out of Hunger Games, only instead of the initial wave of contenders being wiped out by eachother, first half of the players will be dropped by connectivity errors. Once those guys are culled, and a few re-sincs occur, the remaining fighters can tear eachother to pieces. No doubt all centurions spamming kicks and punches until everyone's on the floor without any stamina.

Trbevis
05-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Sounds good! Also seen an idea for like 8 persons dueling in their own sections and after each fight move to the next arena bit and fight the next one till everyone is dead, both sound really good, either way we NEED a new gane mode, im fully aware the ubisoft team dealing with for honor are busy, haha its not rocket science, but i just hope a new mode is high priority on their list.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-24-2017, 04:32 PM

+1 :cool:

Blasto95
05-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Got same idea since month ago.

We should name this mode: BATTLE ROYALE

Pretty common PC game now actually. Would be really cool to see For Honor pull off something similar to this.

I eventually just want to see a ranked 4v4 draft system. No reoccurring heroes for either team. One Shinobi, One Warden, One Warlord.
Youd have to learn multiple characters and every game, even with a full squad, would be a different experience playing with different heroes competitively.
This likely would not be possible until future heroes are released. Currently 8 heroes would be picked leaving just 6 unused.