PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Zone Attack.

Vordred
05-24-2017, 01:28 AM
the Centurions ZA seems really iffy, it's range is much larger than it looks for a start, you seemly get hit by thin air with that thing,

but by far the worst thing about it, as i have many times walked up dead behind a Centurion well he is doing his ZA and i still get hit by it. it's like he has a magic Damage Shield surrounding him.

Ulnias
05-24-2017, 03:24 AM
the Centurions ZA seems really iffy, it's range is much larger than it looks for a start, you seemly get hit by thin air with that thing,

but by far the worst thing about it, as i have many times walked up dead behind a Centurion well he is doing his ZA and i still get hit by it. it's like he has a magic Damage Shield surrounding him.

of all the things to really discuss about the cent. you pick the zone attack? O.o i dont like it. once we commit, leaves us wide open. but then it has saved many a round of skirmish and elim from gank squads in tight spaces! so yeah, its a love hate relationship

Camemberto
08-03-2017, 08:44 AM
The zone attack is ridiculous. I've had so many times, where I was like: "what the ****? who's hitting m.. Oh.. It's that Centurion over there completely pointing his back at me."
The range and the radius of effect are especially dumb compared to how tiny his gladius sword is.

Needs a nerf, big time.

DrinkinMehStella
08-03-2017, 09:19 AM
If all swings hit then its the most powerful ZA but very rarely does all three hit, mine always gets blocked or parried after the first hit. IT also can't be cancelled which if it could then he would be even more of an animal than he is. The most effective way to use the ZA is when the enemy in on the ground because if you time it right at least 2 will hit. Now he does have the ability to change the swing direction, If I'm being ganked and get revenge then I can start my ZA and then unlock to get anyone behind me. Basically because it can't be cancelled its therefore not really viable option to use in a 1v1 situation unless you want to be parried, I only use it when they are on one bar of health.

Camemberto
08-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Yes. the attack is very easily countered, because of how telegraphed it is. The problem is, that it's damage radius is way out of proportion. like I said, most of the time I eat ZAs that aren't even meant for me from a Cent that is 2 meters away and facing the other direction. That's whats wrong with it.

Alustar.
08-03-2017, 10:46 AM
I suddenly am reminded about the complaining of PK ZAs lol

Archangel0818
08-03-2017, 12:40 PM
the ZA is the least of the things they need to fix. and from what I can see they are just making things easier for him. that's why anyone with no talent can join a 4v4 and dominate

Camemberto
08-03-2017, 12:51 PM
I tried the centurion on bot-training once and honestly... A potato could play a centurion and dominate a 4v4 anytime.
Hold button A, hold button B, hold button C, hold button A -> 3/4 of the enemy's health is gone. -> repeat

Blasto95
08-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Unless people are still unaware, one of the biggest issues with Centurion is his unlocked ZA. I havent played in like a month, but have not heard anything of this being fixed.

Simply ZA and in between the first a second swing, unlock. The first and second swings are parryable, the third, which many people wait for, is not.

Shakti.
08-03-2017, 03:39 PM

Yhea. The hitbox is broken in order to help cent clear waves of minion faster. Uninoty respond me on this topic with the same %%% . "I'll pass the information to the dev team" That was many months ago.

Alustar.
08-03-2017, 04:40 PM
the ZA is the least of the things they need to fix. and from what I can see they are just making things easier for him. that's why anyone with no talent can join a 4v4 and dominate

That's actually not as true as I think you believe. I mean yer Cent is very daunting at first I will admit, but I've gotten now to where I can engage more than one Cent and another person easily without feeling like I'm going to die any minute. Practicing against group fights is a way to help this. There is an art to engaging multiple enemies simultaneously.

UbiNoty
08-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Yhea. The hitbox is broken in order to help cent clear waves of minion faster. Uninoty respond me on this topic with the same %%% . "I'll pass the information to the dev team" That was many months ago.

I do recall bringing it up to the team, as I have many other concerns that are brought up in the forums. I am more than happy to remind the team of concerns surrounding centurion's ZA, but please bear in mind that that me reporting it doesn't guarantee that it will be changed, or even changed soon.

TheTKOShow
08-04-2017, 03:37 AM
The distant is a bit much, maybe he is switching targets tho, I do that to pivot.

Love that third hit tho, parry deflect highlights right there