PDA

View Full Version : The Centurion is OP. It just is.

JordanGed
05-23-2017, 08:37 PM
All of his attacks seem to be chainable variations of knockdowns, unblockables, stuns and that god awful health destroying ground stab.

One chains into the other and even though you know exactly what's coming, you're powerless to stop it. You cannot dodge and you cannot block 90% of the time, he's like a heatseeking missile.

It needs to be toned down just a touch. Maybe taking the unblockable or some of his knockdowns away so it's more difficult to get the ground stab; that's what kills me most of the time and it's every single game that it happens in. Or even just toning down the effect of the punch so you can even remotely see what's going on.

Also that team shielding is BS. Not only is he OP himself, but it's then like trying to face 8 enemies as they all have double health.

It'd be fine if there was some way to counter his huge chain attacks, but you know once he starts it that that's it for you, no hope of getting out.

Epoqx
05-23-2017, 08:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1673739-Centurion-is-low-tier
This.

But i agree that his 4th feat is a bit broken right now and totally game changing.

Hillbill79
05-23-2017, 08:43 PM
Really? You think phalanx is so op?

That or catapult?

We can try shield our team, or potentially 1 shot the whole of yours.

But then, all knights have catapult..

Shields go quickly, both through damage and timer.

Catapult will kill you anyway.

If you cant get out of a Cent chain... you need to learn what those 2 buttons that makes you dodge do, or the 2 that makes you parry. Either or. Both need timing, both work, both allow you to punish the Centurion.

Epoqx
05-23-2017, 08:53 PM
Really? You think phalanx is so op?

That or catapult?

We can try shield our team, or potentially 1 shot the whole of yours.

Potentially, the catapult can one shot the team, but for this you need multiple factors.

Phalanx is a 100% shielded team for sure, at any moment you use it. Even at the first seconds of a new Elimination round. I let you guess who is the strongest, even in term of value.

But catapult is a bit broken too yeah, but not as much.

Zhen-Ruk
05-23-2017, 09:01 PM
All of his attacks seem to be chainable variations of knockdowns, unblockables, stuns and that god awful health destroying ground stab.

One chains into the other and even though you know exactly what's coming, you're powerless to stop it. You cannot dodge and you cannot block 90% of the time, he's like a heatseeking missile.

It needs to be toned down just a touch. Maybe taking the unblockable or some of his knockdowns away so it's more difficult to get the ground stab; that's what kills me most of the time and it's every single game that it happens in. Or even just toning down the effect of the punch so you can even remotely see what's going on.

Also that team shielding is BS. Not only is he OP himself, but it's then like trying to face 8 enemies as they all have double health.

It'd be fine if there was some way to counter his huge chain attacks, but you know once he starts it that that's it for you, no hope of getting out.

I concur completely. I am by no means a pro at this game but I know I'm not terrible and I think its getting out of hand with the amount of move sets that stun, disorient, or otherwise take control away from my character. "Learn to dodge" is the biggest joke in this game. Dodge the Cents kick? He can attack again before you can, where is the punishment for him missing? Get parried? Start a combo that takes half of your health away while you just sit there and watch

It used to feel like a game where if you made a mistake you were punished and if your opponent made a mistake you punished him that relied on skill and timing and the only person you could blame one way or the other was yourself. Now it feels like if you're not playing whatever the OP flavor of the week character is spamming whatever the latest stunlock combo is you're just struggling to keep up. I keep playing this game because I WANT to enjoy it but I find myself getting frustrated more and more. When I fight a Centurion or Shinobi I honestly feel like I'm fighting Characters from a completely different fighting game that were shoehorned into this game.

-Zhen
Rep 7 Raider (Main)
Rep 7 Warlord

JordanGed
05-23-2017, 09:03 PM
If you cant get out of a Cent chain... you need to learn what those 2 buttons that makes you dodge do, or the 2 that makes you parry. Either or. Both need timing, both work, both allow you to punish the Centurion.

Dodging doesn't work, your player doesn't move away or to the left/right in time nor far away enough.

JordanGed
05-23-2017, 09:05 PM
I concur completely. I am by no means a pro at this game but I know I'm not terrible and I think its getting out of hand with the amount of move sets that stun, disorient, or otherwise take control away from my character. "Learn to dodge" is the biggest joke in this game. Dodge the Cents kick? He can attack again before you can, where is the punishment for him missing? Get parried? Start a combo that takes half of your health away while you just sit there and watch

It used to feel like a game where if you made a mistake you were punished and if your opponent made a mistake you punished him that relied on skill and timing and the only person you could blame one way or the other was yourself. Now it feels like if you're not playing whatever the OP flavor of the week character is spamming whatever the latest stunlock combo is you're just struggling to keep up. I keep playing this game because I WANT to enjoy it but I find myself getting frustrated more and more. When I fight a Centurion or Shinobi I honestly feel like I'm fighting Characters from a completely different fighting game that were shoehorned into this game.

-Zhen
Rep 7 Raider (Main)
Rep 7 Warlord

This.

I know that I'm good at this game. Could consistently win and do very well each game last season. Now I struggle to reach 600 points a game.

Sincerity117
05-23-2017, 09:40 PM
He's extremely easy to kill.... dunno wtf you're talking about

JibletHunter
05-23-2017, 10:38 PM
He's extremely easy to kill.... dunno wtf you're talking about
Seems like they are talking about his best in game CC, stam drain, and damage combo. # reading

"Well he has low health!"- two full bars more than the lowest (with an at will overshield). Oh yea, and the second highest base defense in the game (lol).

Epoqx
05-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Oh yea, and the second highest base defense in the game (lol).

Where did you get the numbers ?

JibletHunter
05-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Defense penetration thread on competitive (checks forum history). Yup, cent main.

Epoqx
05-24-2017, 12:12 AM
Btw yeah he got low health. Less than any close range character, with less mobility, less defensive stats. He is like a heavy without the tankiness, and a Light without the mobility. But anyways made a big thread today concerning all of this.

JibletHunter
05-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Btw yeah he got low health. Less than any close range character, with less mobility, less defensive stats. He is like a heavy without the tankiness, and a Light without the mobility. But anyways made a big thread today concerning all of this.

So the second highest passive defense in the game is "less defensive stats"?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 01:00 AM
Speaking as someone who has spent my entire day off today playing as a Centurian and against Centurians for the past week I can safely say he is thoroughly mid tier. He is a one trick pony. The one trick is a GOOD trick, but its the only trick he has.

- He is amazing only under very specific conditions. In a 2 v Him situation he gets trounced, because he can never get his combo off.

- His light attacks do basically nothing.

- His stuns are pretty much the only thing he has that can be called "OP" and even then I wouldn't call it that.

- His kick is telegraphed and easily dodged.

- His guard stance change is painfully slow

- His charged heavy is also ridiculously telegraphed

- Low health pool compared to the OG heroes

- If he misses a step in his combo or if it gets interrupted he is easily punished

Also not balance related but jesus christ he has hands down the WORST selection of ornaments in the game. Even worse than Nobushi, because at least Nobushi has more than 2 serviceable ornaments and his ONLY good ones are locked behind Mythic and Elite outfits.

FledgeSRondo
05-24-2017, 01:04 AM
Centurion has a large moveset with lots of options and mixups (Warden's moveset looks basic comparatively, it's literally less than half the size of the Centurion's), powerful combo's (the knockdown combo that takes half of your life is ridiculous), multiple unblockables that can be used in and out of chains and feints, remarkably fast heavy attacks, non-AOE team defense boosting feats that transcend distance, and incredible stamina draining ability (that the knockdown combo that takes out half your life also leaves you with no stamina when you get up is even worse than ridiculous, it's simply broken).

In a focused 1v1 he's somewhat manageable because he does have weaknesses, but if you're getting ganked and one of the enemies is a Centurion, well, Revenge is basically useless. If he's hovering on your side, switching your guard stance to block/parry incoming attacks or counter-guardbreak is to no avail, as he can simply spam his knockdowns or charge his unblockables (which he can feint to bait out a parry, opening you up to accidentally throw out a heavy to become vulnerable for a severe beatdown as well). If you're instead locked on him he just has to wait for someone else to guardbreak or hit you so he can throw out a knockdown, allowing everyone to wail on you. In other words, you're effectively vulnerable or disabled no matter what you do, making all the gains from Revenge essentially useless. The Shug Hug is comparatively far more generous as it's slow, telegraphed and comes at a great risk to the Shugoki, but the Centurion can just bulldoze over players without consequence.

Where previously I could dominate the scoreboard with 1000+ scores, now almost every Dominion match Centurions top the scoreboard (especially if there's more than one). One of my Centurion teammates couldn't understand why my Rep. 30 GS 144 Warden only made half the score of his low GS Rep 2 Centurion, and I've seen Centurion players with no Rep or GS consistently top the boards as well. It's only been a week and I'm already seeing Rep 5+ Centurions, at this rate they'll be Rep 30 in just over a month. It's absolutely ridiculous.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 01:06 AM
One of my Centurion teammates couldn't understand why my Rep. 30 GS 144 Warden only made half the score of his low GS Rep 2 Centurion, and I've seen Centurion players with no Rep or GS top the boards as well. It's only been a week and I'm already seeing Rep 5+ Centurions, at this rate they'll be Rep 30 in just over a month. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Its almost as if gearscore and rep scale means nothing at all :rolleyes:

(It doesn't and it shouldn't)

FledgeSRondo
05-24-2017, 01:28 AM
Its almost as if gearscore and rep scale means nothing at all :rolleyes:

(It doesn't and it shouldn't)

You say that as though it means my teammate was more skilled and experienced? With a Centurion that's only been out a week. In that specific match I made 2nd on the scoreboard with a 600+ score. The reason the Centurion did so well was because he ran around pairing with any teammate he could fight enemies with, racking up takedowns/executions basically by ganking enemies with spammable unblockables and knockdowns.

If you genuinely think all these Centurions suddenly bulldozing to the top of the scoreboards and thus leveling up so quickly are just disproportionately skilled compared to everyone else, you're being intellectually dishonest. As I explained in my earlier post their specific mechanics and toolkit make them very powerful when they outnumber players, they are basically gank tanks.

JibletHunter
05-24-2017, 01:44 AM
One trick pony? That is just the one trick that everyone uses bc they are new with him. Hes got tons of mixups. Generally I am mediocre (but been playing lightly since beta), but after practicing with him for 4 days, I am at the top of EVERY dominion and deathmatch (well 9/10 today, which i lost to another cent n my team).His lights come out at 500 ms for god sake. Light spam alone would be viable in low tier.

Honestly his quick GB is the best part of his kit. if i get one off by a wall, with my attack +stam redux gear I am able to 100-0 everyone but LB and WL (w health and/or damage reduction feats). normally, if a player makes a mistake they get GB into heavy or maybe a wallplat combo. If you make a mistake against cent by a wall, you are likely dead.

Hes noticeably easier to play then other characters for me, but then again i mained kensei and nobushi. I say hold off on nerfs until everyone gets the hang of him and see how he performs.I rather buff other UP then nerf everything into oblivion.

Exception:* Nerf the **** out of phalnax! The utility with good teamwork is insane.

Knight_Raime
05-24-2017, 03:14 AM
me thinks you need to play more than a day against him before making incredibly false claims about him.
I've had the guy for a week. you can dodge anything he throws at you 90% of the time. The only 2 times that's not possible is if he's splatted you on a surface or has nailed you with a fully charged heavy. He has the ability to have a fair bit of range by fully charging his heavies. but that just makes it easier to see coming. so easier to parry.

Dodge attacks are really strong against an offensive centurion.

Ulnias
05-24-2017, 03:19 AM

everything is dodgeable blah blah blah. it really is I should know. my rep 4 cent still gets his *** handed to him on a regular basis. jsut as much if a little less than I dish out. but then i spent time practiing with him before using in game.i get away from plenty of cents by not focusing on him and dodge rolling away

BeefMan_
05-24-2017, 03:23 AM
me thinks you need to play more than a day against him before making incredibly false claims about him.
I've had the guy for a week. you can dodge anything he throws at you 90% of the time. The only 2 times that's not possible is if he's splatted you on a surface or has nailed you with a fully charged heavy. He has the ability to have a fair bit of range by fully charging his heavies. but that just makes it easier to see coming. so easier to parry.

Dodge attacks are really strong against an offensive centurion.

Too bad the only """"good"""" centurions will do nothing but turtle because their class gets the best parry/whiff punishes in the game.

Shizzle117
05-24-2017, 03:31 AM
1 confirm from the cent is like 65% life on most assassins... its pretty out of control i agree

Sincerity117
05-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Speaking as someone who has spent my entire day off today playing as a Centurian and against Centurians for the past week I can safely say he is thoroughly mid tier. He is a one trick pony. The one trick is a GOOD trick, but its the only trick he has.

- He is amazing only under very specific conditions. In a 2 v Him situation he gets trounced, because he can never get his combo off.

- His stuns are pretty much the only thing he has that can be called "OP" and even then I wouldn't call it that.

- If he misses a step in his combo or if it gets interrupted he is easily punished

Also not balance related but jesus christ he has hands down the WORST selection of ornaments in the game. Even worse than Nobushi, because at least Nobushi has more than 2 serviceable ornaments and his ONLY good ones are locked behind Mythic and Elite outfits.

So yea the centurion is basically Rhonda Rousey

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 07:56 AM
So yea the centurion is basically Rhonda Rousey

Exactly.

And just like her he burst onto the scene like a madman and everyone lost their mind and just like her once he gets figured out he will be Mid tier.

kweassa1917
05-24-2017, 07:59 AM
1 confirm from the cent is like 65% life on most assassins... its pretty out of control i agree

Do you want to see what one charged heavy from a Shugoki can do to a Shinobi?

Knight_Raime
05-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Too bad the only """"good"""" centurions will do nothing but turtle because their class gets the best parry/whiff punishes in the game.

"good" players turtle because that's optimal. doesn't matter what class they play. even tourny PK's turtle up a lot.
I'm not entirely sure on that. If you get a light parried from the shinobi they can go into sickle rain. Which i'm pretty sure does comparable damage to the light parry punish on centurion.
Goki if is critical and parries you and throws you into a surface it kills you.
If zerker deflects/parries you into OOS they can throw you and end up hitting you with 2 heavies that I believe does 90 damage. which is more than cents parry off of a light.
I forget how much damage bushi's top heavy is off of a parry but it's pretty strong. and less stamina intensive than cent's max punish.

If cent's max punish worked on all light parries I might agree. but I know some heros will not get in the combo if their light is parried. The one thing I WILL give cent's over everyone else is that he can get a heavy out pretty quickly if you don't charge it. I've managed to nail some peoples parry attempts with that. and it completely stops a raider trying to unblockable you from a stun tap. since it comes out way faster.

Dude_of_Valor
05-24-2017, 09:43 AM
For me I feel Centurion uses so little stamina when dishing out the damage. If he catches you once, it seems you are stuck watching a combo unfold, and because there are so many options, it is hard to guess the right one and thus deal with it.

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 12:32 PM
In addition his moves are tracking like heat seeking missles. If he charges a heavy and you dodge even a little early its coming for you no matter where you are. Even at LOOONNNG range..

His moves all drain soo much stam. Its really lame being able to do almost nothing because your stam is constantly drained. Not to mention huge stun combos and a 6 second disable when he lands a charged heavy.... Which goes through Revenge..

His endless wall punish is absurd.. Why is this in the game?

dekot11
05-24-2017, 05:24 PM

What is centurion's one trick? He has a ton of mix-ups, more than anybody else in the game, 500ms lights, and unblockables. I'm honestly curious, what do you think is his one trick?

oSquashxD
05-24-2017, 05:24 PM
I tell you dlc make the game broke more than ever....

kbvlcvfkhgc
05-24-2017, 05:35 PM
The Centurion Gank is where they are unstoppable, god help you if you get caught by 2 or more, your dead, simple as that, revenge is completely useless, blocking is useless your done, if you get caught by two of any any other hero class you at least stand a chance but with centurions its all over, there is literally nothing you can do, you may as well put your controller down and go and make yourself a cup of tea,

JibletHunter
05-24-2017, 07:05 PM
"just dodge" -> if the cent is throwing out random kicks and charged heavies, they are terrible. Any good cent will turtle and either dodge or parry for the highest damage (and stam) punish in the game.

Anyone who says dodge is the answer to cent has never faced a competent defensive cent (and probably has a rep 7 cent). I have a rep 2 cent, and if I play defensively I can regularly win 1v2s and indefinitely defend zones. In 4's and duel, my opponent has no options but to a) stare at me, b) throw lights and hope i do not parry (i do), or c) throw heavies/unblockables and get dodged/parried.

When i dodge or parry most attacks, it is a guaranteed 70+ damage (more if the opponent goes with negative defense) with max attack gear and no wall splat.

So "just dodge" is a really ineffective response to cent in the turtle meta, and is really just used by cent players to justify their kit.

Knight_Raime
05-24-2017, 07:25 PM
"just dodge" -> if the cent is throwing out random kicks and charged heavies, they are terrible. Any good cent will turtle and either dodge or parry for the highest damage (and stam) punish in the game.

Anyone who says dodge is the answer to cent has never faced a competent defensive cent (and probably has a rep 7 cent). I have a rep 2 cent, and if I play defensively I can regularly win 1v2s and indefinitely defend zones. In 4's and duel, my opponent has no options but to a) stare at me, b) throw lights and hope i do not parry (i do), or c) throw heavies/unblockables and get dodged/parried.

When i dodge or parry most attacks, it is a guaranteed 70+ damage (more if the opponent goes with negative defense) with max attack gear and no wall splat.

So "just dodge" is a really ineffective response to cent in the turtle meta, and is really just used by cent players to justify their kit.

no. we say it because it works against bad/average cents. not every cent turtles. and sure as fudge not every cent can consistently parry a light. get off your high horse and stop making assumptions. the tips given are meant for average play. No one is talking high tier play because there hasn't been enough time passing yet where it would be considered normal to run into a higher tiered cent.

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 07:34 PM

Amazing.

Finally some truth.. One parry = 70 dmg.. Enjoy!

JibletHunter
05-24-2017, 07:50 PM
no. we say it because it works against bad/average cents. not every cent turtles. and sure as fudge not every cent can consistently parry a light. get off your high horse and stop making assumptions. the tips given are meant for average play. No one is talking high tier play because there hasn't been enough time passing yet where it would be considered normal to run into a higher tiered cent.

So we should balance around low tier play. . . that makes sense. Im just pointing out that against a player that best utilizes his kit with the lowest risk, just dodge is not viable. Im also not on a high-horse, as I am only mediocre. If my mid-level play encounters this optimization, the you can bet high level play will as well. A appreciate the "just doge" advice, but it seems incomplete and disingenuous. That is like saying, how do i beat a pk ("just parry her lights"). While technically accurate, it does not really address the full scope of PK play, nor is it consistently executable.

To be clear, besides phalnax, I do not want cent nerfs until more time goes by and the community becomes familiar with his kit. However, defending a character on hollow half-points really undermines your position and makes you seem insincere.

FootlessRhino
05-24-2017, 08:34 PM

light parry might give you that, but heavy parry and dodge + GB will give you a non charged heavy + non charged punch + light at most without a wall splat. I'm not sure if that does 70 damage with max gear (I'm fairly certain it doesn't), but if it does - any character with max gear should be able to inflict similar amount of damage since non charged heavy + light does only slightly above one bar of damage when no gear is involved. I started playing Cent yesterday and I get fu'cked 75% of the time in 1v1. I occasionally run into players who couldn't dodge/parry charged heavy even if their real life depended on it, but most of my opponents seem to be dealing with it very easily. 'Just dodge' is an argument fit for most of CC, same answer would apply to people saying things like 'I always get hit by Valks sweep, nerf plox' or 'Shugoki one shots me with his hug constantly, this is BS'. it would be ineffective response if it wasn't viable in the first place, but it is.

ArcheDemonm
05-24-2017, 08:46 PM
I dont understand why hte **** does cent have free punch on each heavy even if it is blocked. At least raider must land his stunning poke to stun you.

Vingrask
05-24-2017, 08:49 PM
The only thing I hate against Centurions is run OOS every ****ing time. The stuns, even being annoying, I can manage, but the stamina drain seems too much. i already lost ~50% of my HP because a mistake, why do I need to be punished even more OOS? I would like to know what Ubi has to say about this.

Why Devs? What was the point?

If the Devs explain why they took some decisions, we could maybe agree.

DerToSch
05-24-2017, 09:06 PM
4vs4 is utterly broken, thanks to the Cent. Can't remember the last Dominion I played that hadn't a Cent with around 1000 points and 15-2 death on top of the list.

JibletHunter
05-24-2017, 09:08 PM
light parry might give you that, but heavy parry and dodge + GB will give you a non charged heavy + non charged punch + light at most without a wall splat. I'm not sure if that does 70 damage with max gear (I'm fairly certain it doesn't), but if it does - any character with max gear should be able to inflict similar amount of damage since non charged heavy + light does only slightly above one bar of damage when no gear is involved. I started playing Cent yesterday and I get fu'cked 75% of the time in 1v1. I occasionally run into players who couldn't dodge/parry charged heavy even if their real life depended on it, but most of my opponents seem to be dealing with it very easily. 'Just dodge' is an argument fit for most of CC, same answer would apply to people saying things like 'I always get hit by Valks sweep, nerf plox' or 'Shugoki one shots me with his hug constantly, this is BS'. it would be ineffective response if it wasn't viable in the first place, but it is.

Most other (but not all) classes get a free heavy off of GB. Cent gets a heavy, a punch (which does stam and regular damage with feat), and a light guaranteed. That is 3 sources of damage without a wall, where not even all characters get a heavy. So no, most characters do not do comparable damage on a gb.

xDarkMACx
05-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Any person with some semblance of strategy will become well versed with a character when played enough. Every character has strengths and weaknesses. If you are having trouble fighting that character, play custom duels where you can set the bot level and type and watch the videos on using that character so you understand what moves will most likely be used and when. Be more aware of the surrounding environment and other characters. Don't run up and fight multiple bots or players without strategy. Don't surround yourself with minions of the opposite team knowing they will eat up your blocks by attacking you causing you to miss the block of the opponent. Don't put yourself in bad situations. Centurion is not OP. just excellent in melee. Just about every character has a gap closer. Centurion has terrible attacks in distance. aside from his leap attack, that's it 1 move. He can charge his heavy but that is very noticeable and blockable. All he really has that is effective is his grabs and punches. Punches and kicks can be dodged There can be complaints about every character. The range of the kensei and nobush. The heavies the ignore the heavy attack of their opponent. The way the conqueror and warlord can turtle up and block everything. The speed and quickness of shinobi, orochi, and peacekeeper. The way shinobi teleports around you.

FootlessRhino
05-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Most other (but not all) classes get a free heavy off of GB. Cent gets a heavy, a punch (which does stam and regular damage with feat), and a light guaranteed. That is 3 sources of damage without a wall, where not even all characters get a heavy. So no, most characters do not do comparable damage on a gb.

the punch only does damage if you have a haymaker feat. that feat needs to be unlocked every match in the first place and really only applies to 4v4 modes. if you only take the heavy and light into consideration, the overall damage should be more or less the same as LBs or Wardens side heavy after a GB - a bit over 1 bar of damage. Centurion has lowest damage lights in the game and his non charged heavy doesn't do that much in the first place.

Danioku
05-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Centurion has lowest damage lights in the game and his non charged heavy doesn't do that much in the first place.

Valk has 12 dmg lights, how much Centurion ?

FootlessRhino
05-24-2017, 09:55 PM
Valk has 12 dmg lights, how much Centurion ?

same. I guess they share the trophy. Valks 2nd light in a combo would do 18 though, and her dash lights do 17.

Knight_Raime
05-24-2017, 11:32 PM
So we should balance around low tier play. . . that makes sense. Im just pointing out that against a player that best utilizes his kit with the lowest risk, just dodge is not viable. Im also not on a high-horse, as I am only mediocre. If my mid-level play encounters this optimization, the you can bet high level play will as well. A appreciate the "just doge" advice, but it seems incomplete and disingenuous. That is like saying, how do i beat a pk ("just parry her lights"). While technically accurate, it does not really address the full scope of PK play, nor is it consistently executable.

To be clear, besides phalnax, I do not want cent nerfs until more time goes by and the community becomes familiar with his kit. However, defending a character on hollow half-points really undermines your position and makes you seem like a fanboy.

Never once said we should. You're assuming that we're saying dodge to counter everything about the kit. If i tell some a basic tip it's usually in response to something that sounds like a basic problem. if some tells me a more specific situation that requiers more intermediate strats i.give one. Currently the bulk of complaints is about some spamming kicks or jumps or tracking. all of these things do not happen with a half decent cent because at an intermediate level spam and random hits don't really work.

I "defend" cent with these basic tips because people like OP are making false accusations about the kit. OP is clearly losing out to basic stuff. so OP gets a basic response. "dodge."

Knight_Raime
05-24-2017, 11:35 PM

going to stop you there. the jab is never guaranteed unless pinned by a heavy or if splatted. assassins dodge out of it everytime. only guaranteed thing from a gb is an uncharged heavy or 3 pommel smacks.

VestiaryKarma55
05-25-2017, 12:11 AM
I agree this is absolutely ridiculous I have not been on For Honor since the season pass has come out for more than an hour and I had to quit because every single game I find people playing the centurion. I like how he looks and he is a cool character but I cant even get an attack on him. every time I TRY to hit him he blocks it then breaks my guard block then its just open season for him with what seems to me like unlimited attack and easy unlockables which the first unblockable drains all your stamina and then your helpless to do anything and it all happens within 5 seconds and your dead and don't even get to have fun playing the match. I think you should make his chain attack not as quick so people have time to attack once at least or have a chance to beat them. Maybe make the unblockables not so easy to use. I hope this is not to much to ask for just to make For Honor a better game and more fun to play for people who don't spam the game every day. Thank You

Kahnjul
05-25-2017, 12:30 AM
I'm sorry to say that, but you didn't played during several weeks to a very competitive skill-based game and fought against experienced players who played a hero you absolutly didn't know.
I think the major issue if you lost here isn't about the centurion op-ness or not : you simply need to retrain yourself to be competitive again

KalkPost
05-25-2017, 12:48 AM
The best answer to a spamming Cent is an experienced PK.
From approx. 60 cents I faced today, I showed > 90% where their place is.

There is one concern though, especially when you are not with PK: If he is doing the Eagle while you are on the ground, your stamina is gone when you get up and you can say goodbye.
That is the ONlY thing so far I see should see a nerf. PKs can get away still w/o stamina but other characters will die.

FootlessRhino
05-25-2017, 05:50 PM
The best answer to a spamming Cent is an experienced PK.
From approx. 60 cents I faced today, I showed > 90% where their place is.

There is one concern though, especially when you are not with PK: If he is doing the Eagle while you are on the ground, your stamina is gone when you get up and you can say goodbye.
That is the ONlY thing so far I see should see a nerf. PKs can get away still w/o stamina but other characters will die.

generally all assassins counter Centurion well. And It's an easy match up for Conq, Valk, Raider and Kensei too.