PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Rocksmith for iOS Setup?

UbiVertigo
05-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone - we're very interested in how you're using RS for iOS and the experience you're having with it. In order to help maintain an enjoyable, productive experience, we want to know what setup you're using so that we can address and adapt to the real-life usage of the app.

What's we'd like to know:
1.) What model of iPad are you using?
2.) Are you using microphone mode or a cable?
a.) If a cable, what type and brand?
b.) What adapters, if any, are you using (please include the brand)?
3.) If you're using an electric guitar, does the instrument have active or passive pickups?
4.) Does this setup cause any issues with sound quality, responsiveness, or the like?
5.) Have you used a different setup that provided lower quality, slower responsiveness, or other issues?

Thanks in advance for your answers! If you're not comfortable leaving any of the above information on the forums, feel free to PM me with your response.

deputy758
05-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone - we're very interested in how you're using RS for iOS and the experience you're having with it. In order to help maintain an enjoyable, productive experience, we want to know what setup you're using so that we can address and adapt to the real-life usage of the app.

What's we'd like to know:
1.) What model of iPad are you using?
2.) Are you using microphone mode or a cable?
a.) If a cable, what type and brand?
3.) If you're using an electric guitar, does the instrument have active or passive pickups?
4.) Does this setup cause any issues with sound quality, responsiveness, or the like?
5.) Have you used a different setup that provided lower quality, slower responsiveness, or other issues?

Thanks in advance for your answers! If you're not comfortable leaving any of the above information on the forums, feel free to PM me with your response.
1 Ipad Mini ME277
2 Cable Peavey
b IRIG
3 Not Sure, Gibson Les Paul Robot and Squire Strat
4 Both low when calibrating and sound of guitar lower so I lowered music level.
5 both guitars the same but Gibson is a higher quality guitar but no better sound in headphones. (Beats Studio ).

Would be nice to use the many songs I have purchased on my Xbox 360 on my Ipad without purchasing twice.

Bagstah
05-25-2017, 04:26 PM
1.) MD510C/A (ipad 4th gen)
2.) Cable
a.) Regular 3.5 mogami cable
b.) Original 1st model iRig
3.) Bass, passive
4.) Volume pretty low, had to play very hard to complete calibration
5.) Not yet, will try from home with microphone/amp and lightning to usb (if I find it) with realtone cable

stray75
05-27-2017, 01:02 AM
Since I'm in the US, my current setup is an Ipad, an SG with passive pickups, realtone cable, Apple-branded USB/Camera/Lightning adapter, and a sense of longing for the actual application...

NoN_ImperatorP
05-28-2017, 09:15 PM
1. iPad Pro 10" MLMV2LL/A with a stand
2. Microphone mode, with both an acoustic guitar and with an electric guitar. I tried the electric guitar by using a VOX amPlug hooked to a portable speaker near the iPad microphone.
3. N/A as not using a cable with the electric
4. Both setups I tried seemed "ok". Both times the calibration complained that volume was low, which I didn't understand - the volume as heard in the room seemed very loud to me and the iPad mic was close to the speaker / acoustic guitar. Once I got through the calibration phase the game seemed to pick up on the notes fine.
5. N/a

SeattleSauve
05-29-2017, 01:30 AM
Since I'm in the US, my current setup is an Ipad, an SG with passive pickups, realtone cable, Apple-branded USB/Camera/Lightening adapter, and a sense of longing for the actual application...

Ha, yeah, in general most things are released in the US first, so this is a bit of a surprise :) I haven't had a chance to play it yet even though it's available for me, thought they would go with more campfire songs for the default setlist given the portability of iPad. I think I'll use this app to try out the acoustic mode since I have it on PC for when I am working on something more seriously.

phillipjoconnor
06-10-2017, 01:55 AM
My set up ...

iPad Air 32gig (latest update)
Irig digital ... guitar plugs into lightning port
Headphone jack out (3.5mm) to
Bose Sound link III speaker
Cheapo 30 foot guitar cable !
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra 3

And today I tried the microphone set up with my daughters 3/4 scale acoustic guitar and scored 87% on the man who sold the world

Bought the Judas Priest pack .....

Next plan is to run 3.5 mm to auxiliary in my car and play it through the 300 watt Bose 10 speaker system!

phillipjoconnor
06-10-2017, 02:02 AM
I am impressed with the sound from the digital Irig, I lowered the music and effects (slightly) ...

JRD1959
06-13-2017, 02:01 AM
1.) iPad Air II MGKL2CL/A
2.) Cable
a.) Standard 1/4" guitar cable - not sure of brand
b.) iRig 2 into audio jack
3.) Passive humbuckers
4.) Nope
5.) I have not

Madi-Lakk
06-26-2017, 07:19 PM
1) iPad Mini 2
2a) Real Tone Cable
2b) Apple USB Camera Adapter (NOT the newer USB 3 version with Lightning pass-through)
3) Active bass (Ernie Ball Sterling), passive guitar (Squier Tele)
4) This setup is no good, the iPad Mini 2 is way under-powered. It runs fine when note complexity is low, but the audio begins making weird cracking sounds when the note highway gets busier and experiences extreme rendering delays (half a second) when at full complexity.
5) No

I finally have a reason to upgrade my iPad, searching eBay for deals. From what I've experienced so far, I love it, this will replace my laptop as my mobile setup as soon as I get a recent/decent device and DLC reaches critical mass.

Thank you so much for RS for iOS, it has me grinning from ear to ear.

MichaelRiber
03-31-2018, 12:04 PM
1.) What model of iPad are you using = iPad PRO 10.5"
2.) Are you using microphone mode or a cable? = Cable
a.) If a cable, what type and brand? = RealTone Cable + Apple Lightning to USB
3.) If you're using an electric guitar, does the instrument have active or passive pickups? = Passive
4.) Does this setup cause any issues with sound quality, responsiveness, or the like? = Initially unplayable. After raising pickups and intonating guitar almost OK. Problem is with RS tuner which is A436
5.) Have you used a different setup that provided lower quality, slower responsiveness, or other issues? = Following instructions for calibration leads to high E having too low volume to pass Tuner.