PDA

View Full Version : Improve the change target

Devil_Sparda
05-23-2017, 07:16 PM
Could you please improve it? When you have someone on your back, not too close, won t change target, and it s pretty sad.. Because your foe can close the gap and you donno where he is

kweassa1917
05-24-2017, 01:54 AM
Could you please improve it? When you have someone on your back, not too close, won t change target, and it s pretty sad.. Because your foe can close the gap and you donno where he is

It's intended. You lock on to targets within your cone of vision -- it's not an auto-detection tool. Make habit of watching your back, friend.

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 04:07 AM
It's intended. You lock on to targets within your cone of vision -- it's not an auto-detection tool. Make habit of watching your back, friend.

Umm I think he is saying that he knows they are there and tries to switch to them but it won't Which is BS and has nothing to do with needing to watch your back better. He knew someone was there and wanted to switch targets to him but the poorly programmed mechanics do not allow it.

I agree with this and it is very stupid more than once I have known someone was coming up behind me or from the side and I try to switch to them before they run in on me so I can deal with their attack or hit them with something before they try but many times it just refuses to switch to them it's both ridiculous and inconsistent.

bmason1000
05-24-2017, 04:56 AM
Even worse when everyone's in front of you but it just keeps swapping the same two targets instead.

kweassa1917
05-24-2017, 05:01 AM
Umm I think he is saying that he knows they are there and tries to switch to them but it won't Which is BS and has nothing to do with needing to watch your back better. He knew someone was there and wanted to switch targets to him but the poorly programmed mechanics do not allow it.

Radar is radar, FOV is FOV. If the guy's not in your field of vision, then you don't get lock. Not too hard to understand, is it?

Besides, manually looking around and learning quick unlock-locks, IMO is part of mastering basic maneuvering.

There's nothing "poorly programmed" with it. It's an obvious design choice. May not agree with your preference, but agrees with mine.

I agree with this and it is very stupid more than once I have known someone was coming up behind me or from the side and I try to switch to them before they run in on me so I can deal with their attack or hit them with something before they try but many times it just refuses to switch to them it's both ridiculous and inconsistent.

...because your control/mastery of eyeballing your environment is ridiculous and inconsistent. People of higher skill level jump around view angles and lock/unlocks with lightning fast speed and accuracy. Of course I can't imitate what they do, but I sure do practice for it... instead of ask for yet another crutch to compensate for your lack of practice.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:08 AM
I would LOVE to see them adjust the target switching. With the gank squads and the Shinobi coming out of nowhere now its almost impossible to switch your focus to someone that is to the side of you or behind you very quickly.

You almost ALWAYS end up having eat a few attacks in the process. Especially now with that BS GB roll bug. You can't just roll out to get some distance like you could before.

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 05:29 AM
Radar is radar, FOV is FOV. If the guy's not in your field of vision, then you don't get lock. Not too hard to understand, is it?

Besides, manually looking around and learning quick unlock-locks, IMO is part of mastering basic maneuvering.

There's nothing "poorly programmed" with it. It's an obvious design choice. May not agree with your preference, but agrees with mine.

...because your control/mastery of eyeballing your environment is ridiculous and inconsistent. People of higher skill level jump around view angles and lock/unlocks with lightning fast speed and accuracy. Of course I can't imitate what they do, but I sure do practice for it... instead of ask for yet another crutch to compensate for your lack of practice.

I'm sorry but you just sound very stupid here lol. I know they are there I am completely aware they are there and the mechanics inhibit me from targetting someone I know is right behind me? Sometimes even when they are close enough that I see them on my screen but the target switch doesn't switch to them. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. Has nothing to do with a "crutch" the game mechanics litterally limit your options for no reason in these situations.

Just to be clear I know they are there because I saw them there, not because of radar or any other thing. I personally saw them coming towards me. It's like you think that it's impossible to turn your head in a situation like that to see people not in your current immediate view.

kweassa1917
05-24-2017, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry but you just sound very stupid here lol. I know they are there I am completely aware they are there and the mechanics inhibit me from targetting someone I know is right behind me? Sometimes even when they are close enough that I see them on my screen but the target switch doesn't switch to them. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. Has nothing to do with a "crutch" the game mechanics litterally limit your options for no reason in these situations.

Okay.... so you're the one that knows the opponent is behind you, and yet can't manage to do a simple thing like "turn around, look at him, lock" ... and you think I'm the "stupid" one here.

Right. :rolleyes: LOL

Just to be clear I know they are there because I saw them there, not because of radar or any other thing. I personally saw them coming towards me. It's like you think that it's impossible to turn your head in a situation like that to see people not in your current immediate view.

Then what's stopping you from actually turning your FoV to lock on, so that you need to complain and demand the system auto-cycle all targets around you, despite it might totally ruin the worth of assassin classes with the stealth feat?

Or maybe you don't get the concept of field of vision... see, what you, the player sees, doesn't necessarily mean systematically and/or thematically the character sees it. The target lock represents someone literally "locking" their gaze and tracking a target with their eyes.

So.. how is your character gonna "set his gaze" and lock on to someone that's behind him? Does he have eyes behind his head?

What do you do when you remember seeing someone behind you, and wish to know what he's doing? You turn around, and then you look at him.

So, turn around, and target lock. Problem solved.

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Okay.... so you're the one that knows the opponent is behind you, and yet can't manage to do a simple thing like "turn around, look at him, lock" ... and you think I'm the "stupid" one here.

Right. :rolleyes: LOL

Then what's stopping you from actually turning your FoV to lock on, so that you need to complain and demand the system auto-cycle all targets around you, despite it might totally ruin the worth of assassin classes with the stealth feat?

Or maybe you don't get the concept of field of vision... see, what you, the player sees, doesn't necessarily mean systematically and/or thematically the character sees it. The target lock represents someone literally "locking" their gaze and tracking a target with their eyes.

So.. how is your character gonna "set his gaze" and lock on to someone that's behind him? Does he have eyes behind his head?

What do you do when you remember seeing someone behind you, and wish to know what he's doing? You turn around, and then you look at him.

So, turn around, and target lock. Problem solved.

And eat 2 hits while turining around out of guard stance? Yeah cause that makes sense, is fair and isn't completely stupid. Sorry but your argument is just completely invalid.

I am lead to belive you think I am standing still doing nothing while trying to target this person, but I am not. I am fighting someone else that I just knocked away or was targetting someone that was engaged with someone else and wish to switch targets to the new opponent that I know is coming right behind me, or is already behind me in a 2v1 situation, to try and get a hit on me. Being unable to switch targets to properly defend yourself in these situations very often leads to instant death whether due to environment or because you were low on health and you are letting your ally take the engagement with another while you act as the support.

Devil_Sparda
05-24-2017, 10:39 AM
why the hell every time this community must be so toxic?? why??

git gud, noob, suicide yourself, ok, i ll write on the list, now, can we talking seriosly?? please, let the kid in the bed and talk as adults

happened tons of time that i KNOW my opponent is on my back and can t target him. This is just stupid, and i can t be punished. When you are ganked, the efficiency of target switching can t be an handicap.
What i say is: changing target with the key button is way faster than changing with visual turning ( analogic in my case because i play with joypad), even with high speed. In the other way, it s a implement that should be legit: i don t wanna fight the mechanics of the game, i wanna fight people and the appropriate tool doesn t work.
Because, going out of guard, in 2v1 scenario, is like a death wish. If kids are sensible to this, call your parent to the vision.