PDA

View Full Version : Map Editor Wishlist n stuff.

Skrap98
05-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Hey yall. I ve been a FC vet all those years. Far cry franchise is probably my favourite after Borderlands. I like borderlands because it has a unique playstyle. BUT. Far cry is different, far cry had something that all the other games out there hadnt. That was the map editor. Ive been makin maps for the game since Fc1. Map editor is making this game completly unique and it defentetly needs more attetion.(Besides the sp story which i LOVED in all of the games.But thats for another topic) Lets talk about the editor now.Lets start from the Fc2 editor.
-FC2 Editor- Pretty good, but lets be honest, it was empty. You couldnt add anything more that builidings and stuff, not even weapons. So i gave up on fc2 editor after a while because it was boring, and THEN. Fino2 came out , adding dozens of objects and gameplay objects. Then i invested over 50 hours to the editor with this mod. It was cool because you could play the maps you made in online matches.
-FC3 Editor- AWESOME. They added what Fino added in the previous editor. But they removed the ability of playin the maps coop and multiplayer.Whats the point on this? Other that that fc3 editor was way better than fc2 one. Iinvested a bunch of hours to it too.
-FC4 Editor- A dream came true. I was hoping for the objective type coop gameplay since i played the Fc2 editor. After some years they maked this dream come true WITH the ability to post your maps and play them online with friends with a rating system. I was so happy . GREAT job on fc4 editor ubi. But again, they removed the ability of online matches.
*Now lets start with what Fc5 editor should be like in my opinion.
1) The ability of removing/deleting published maps if we want to upgrade. To test my maps on coop, everytime i needed to republish my map again n again. Or give us the ability to host a custom game with an unpublished map
2) The ability of adding cutscenes. When i say cutscenes i mean like the stuff that was popping out on Fc4 everytime you discover a new place . For example
Yalungs Eye
Height: xxxx
I thing you get what i mean.
3) Please add ---ALL--- the weapons from the main game, ALL the enemies ,ALL the vehicles. There is no point for us to wait for Fino to release a mod adding the stuff that you could easily add.
4) The ability of posting BOTH coop/singeplayer and online multiplayer (versus) maps.
5) More explosives.
6)No limits on AI , objects and stuff, just make a pop up attention reading ''You added too much you little ***** other people may lag so plz stahp''
7)Support the modders of the comunity making them able to realese new stuff when the devs stop developing the game (Fino Pred Janne Steve and more)
8) Rivers.
10) More dimensions of walls and ceilings so we can make our 100% custom and unique buildings. And give us the ability to save them in a seperate folder so we can add them to other maps aswell.
11)More objective types for sp. For example
VIP: There is a specific enemy that needs to be killed in order to complete the mission. If this enemy is killed then mission succes. No matter how many enemies are still alive on the map. That game mode would be my personal favourite. Adding a hella of ways to kill the vip.
TREASURE HUNT: The tittle says it all i thing. Add an object that needs to be retrieve in order to complete the map.
RACE: I dont think i need to say anything here. Race through a bridge while hundeds of RPGS are shooting you.
EXTRACTION: Same as fc4 just with added ability to force the player to follow a specific route if we want. I mean adding semi-primary chechpoints.
OUTPOST: You know the drill. Just give us the ability for heli waves (if they exist in fc5) and basicly more that 5 waves in total.
12) Give us the ability to modify enemies health one by one.
13) The ability of more animation points BUT with an added and most important animation points. STAY STILL, and WALK to this specific route (with the ability of looping)
14) More Vistas
15) Ability of settting a day-night cycle
16) More more more more objects
17) More gameplay objects like DOORS windows beds(to change the daynight cycle) collectible objects from the main game (propaganda posters lost letters)
18) More dynamic objects like destructable walls doors n stuff. Smoke , fire , flares.
19) Ability of setting animals behaviour (neutrual aggresive ...)
20) Ability of adding waves of allies too.
21) Ability of commanding allied npcs.
22) No limits on how many brushes we could add to our maps.
23) Bigger map limits. So we can create towns villages to a single map.
24) Functioning minimap? I know thats hard but if possible it would be freakin awesome.

Ubi you got to understand that the map editor commnuty is probably bigger that the single player commnunity. Far cry 4 is still alive and maps are published every day! DONT please DONT remove the map editor feuture from Fc5. Expand it dont remove it. Make the map editor great again! Its worth the investment!. And dont make anything weird like in the previous titles with multiplayer. Let my add some ideas for multiplayer too.
1) Drivable vehicles.
2) Custom maps
3)Perks
4)Challenges
5)Levels
6)Custom maps (WITH EXPERIENCE GAINED)
7)Mg's and Gl's
8) More gamemodes not just deathmatch or base capture.

Overall far cry could be MUCH bigger , and ubi proved that they are capable of doing it. But they just dont. Make far cry great again (Its already great, but it could be greater) We want to see new stuff . In fc4 we saw the same upgrade system and almost the same skillset with almost the exact same gameplay .That wasnt a smart move....Invest.
If i dont see a baddass fc5editor trailer i wont be buying personally. Just what i did with primal....Now lets talk a bit about the seasson pass. We need a full game, with bonus dlc campaings , we dont want to pay 30+ euros just to get a harpoorn gun and some same old missions.. We want completly NEW stuff as dlc. Post you ideas down guys. Especially for the map editor!!!! Ubi good luck with your game and please invest more time on the editor, it will be a blast! Post more threads about the editor or promote the already existing ones so they take this stuff seriously. Map editor was the only reason i bougnt fc4. I have more hours on the editor that i have on a 100% completed fc4 campaing.

Skrap98
05-23-2017, 02:15 PM
I just read a post about a dayz freeforall hunt until 1 alive gamemod on the map editor and i have to say one thing only. Do this and i am sending you my money through a sr71 blackbird.
(Sorry if i use caps sometimes! And sorry if my english are bad. greek is my main language.)

Steve64b
05-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Wow, I wholeheartedly agree with your post! :)

Thank you for saving me some time typing my own thoughts! :D

x_maxpower204
05-25-2017, 12:15 AM
Sorry, you lost me right here...

So i gave up on fc2 editor after a while because it was boring.

legacyzero
05-25-2017, 02:05 AM
Just look at Halo 5. All you need.

Skrap98
05-25-2017, 06:28 PM
I mean yeah. We all liked the 'I WILL PUT 1000000 EXPLOSIVES AND BLOW UP THE WHOLE UNIVERSE'' idea . But without the ability to create coop maps and place npcs n stuff it felt empty. Especially if you didnt like the multiplayer. To be honest i never played multiplayer on a custom map on fc2. I hope i do in Fc5 tho :)

I am talking to to x_maxpower :P Sorry i forgot to quote.

Skrap98
05-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Just look at Halo 5. All you need.

I dont like all the sci fi stuff. I wasnt aware that halo has a map editor. Is it any good?

Skrap98
05-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Wow, I wholeheartedly agree with your post! :)

Thank you for saving me some time typing my own thoughts! :D

I am happy for that steve! Lets create ourselves maps on the new editor! I am sure that now they are reading our posts because there arent too many yet. I believe that the new map editor is gonna be a blast. Maybe not all we want. But surely better than fc4 one. In the other hand, if they dont release a map editor trailer i aint gonna buy the game. Its a no no from me.

legacyzero
05-25-2017, 06:36 PM
I dont like all the sci fi stuff. I wasnt aware that halo has a map editor. Is it any good?

Well, don't pay attention to the Sci Fi stuff. Rather look at their Map Editors functionality and feature set. It's called "Forge" and it's free on The Windows Store if you wanna check it out

Steve64b
05-25-2017, 07:04 PM
https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPress/status/867513337290117120
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18595456_268181450321323_789032280883148426_o.jpg? oh=c54717be3f2ea6090a3e80d24bfd7b62&oe=599EE9D2

legacyzero
05-25-2017, 08:47 PM
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18595456_268181450321323_789032280883148426_o.jpg? oh=c54717be3f2ea6090a3e80d24bfd7b62&oe=599EE9D2

WHOOOAAA. That looks legit!

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Map editor confirmed then

pump the brakes vira, this confirms nothing... it suggests the editor is there, it provides compelling evidence it is there, but it confirms nothing.....

Skrap98
05-26-2017, 11:00 AM

OMFG YOU JUST PRESSED THE HYPE BUTTON!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS YEAHHHHH. What time is the trailer launching? I know its today but when?

Skrap98
05-26-2017, 11:03 AM
OMFG YOU JUST PRESSED THE HYPE BUTTON!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS YEAHHHHH. What time is the trailer launching? I know its today but when?

But. This looks absolutly the same as fc3/4 editor, just with different models and skins. I wish i am wrong. I am afraid that fc5 will be just a reskin of fc3 just like fc4 was. Please no. Please...

Steve64b
05-28-2017, 12:56 AM
I'm hoping for some simple dependency constructions in the SP editor. For example, pulling a lever to open a door, destroying a generator to disable an electric fence, having the wingsuit/grappling hook as a pick-up before you can use it later in the map, having an object spawn somewhere when the player triggers something.

That will allow map makers to direct the experience more, and surprise (and reward) players who deal with these constructs creatively.

Skrap98
05-28-2017, 01:44 AM
I'm hoping for some simple dependency constructions in the SP editor. For example, pulling a lever to open a door, destroying a generator to disable an electric fence, having the wingsuit/grappling hook as a pick-up before you can use it later in the map, having an object spawn somewhere when the player triggers something.

That will allow map makers to direct the experience more, and surprise (and reward) players who deal with these constructs creatively.

This is our vision. But i think its too much. If we get a map editor like this , i am preordering today.

Steve64b
06-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Another thing, I've been wanting a modern/civilized way to go up a (tall) building.

In Far Cry 4's Editor, I've been looking for a way up that doesn't involve a grappling hook or ladder, i.e. a spiral staircase, a teleporter, or some kind of interactive elevator construction.
Seeing we're going to the civilized world of Montana, perhaps there will finally be something along those lines in there. Spiral staircases like in the video below are a bit bloated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw32xYAMgs#t=11m45s
(skip to 11:45)

akilyoung
07-03-2017, 04:13 AM
Another thing, I've been wanting a modern/civilized way to go up a (tall) building.

In Far Cry 4's Editor, I've been looking for a way up that doesn't involve a grappling hook or ladder, i.e. a spiral staircase, a teleporter, or some kind of interactive elevator construction.
Seeing we're going to the civilized world of Montana, perhaps there will finally be something along those lines in there. Spiral staircases like in the video below are a bit bloated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw32xYAMgs#t=11m45s
(skip to 11:45)

Hey That's my video XD

Canadian Beer42
07-09-2017, 01:42 AM
I really want the objective markers to be customizable, like when you enter the map, you get one objective, once you do that, another's objective marker pops up, and so on.