PDA

View Full Version : Water Reflection

biopharmacist
06-17-2004, 02:08 PM
The water has reflection in multiplayer mode but not in single player mode. Why?

Toshiba Satellite 5100 (notebook)
1.7ghz
512mb
64mb geforce4 440 go

biopharmacist
06-17-2004, 02:08 PM
The water has reflection in multiplayer mode but not in single player mode. Why?

Toshiba Satellite 5100 (notebook)
1.7ghz
512mb
64mb geforce4 440 go

dirtbike1128
06-17-2004, 02:09 PM
i, myself just got the game, but i noticed reflection in single player mode. it could just be your settings.

biopharmacist
06-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Whichever setting i put the water at, it always looks the same. However, the game doesn't let me put shadows or lighting above "low" or the special effects above "medium". i've got everything else on high and the game runs smooth, but the water reflection i saw in multiplayer looked pretty cool and i just play the single player.

Scappy_the_Dog
06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
I think your main problem is the system you are using to run the game on. For this game it is fairly low spec, especially the graphics card. If you read the other posts on here about graphics performance you will see what I mean. I read on here somewhere as well that the game does not work very well with mobile graphics cards.

DJ_Mittens
06-17-2004, 04:23 PM
To put it simply, your graphics card sucks. Badly. Even the GeForce3 Ti series completely smacks the GF4 MX series. That series is only made for business applications and simple 2d rendering, nothing 3D at all. Sorry, you're just plain out of luck.

biopharmacist
06-17-2004, 05:45 PM
You're hilarious buddy. I was just asking about water reflection. Other than that, the game runs great, even with high texture quality, trilinear filtering, anistropic filtering, high environment quality, etc. Thanks anyway.

maggotfeeder
06-18-2004, 07:32 AM
The GeForce4 MX series cards do NOT support pixel shaders at all (which is what the surface reflections are) so you will not be able to enable it even if you want to. Sorry... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/cry.gif

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/198/198058/folders/141611/998808far-cry-sig-1.gif
The flesh... all too fragile, doth wilt and wither then release from every tendon, and slowly return from whence it was gathered... creating for every worm and maggot a banquet... a veritable feast!

biopharmacist
06-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Ya, that's what i figured. I was just confused when I saw reflection in multiplayer. It's weird though, I tried going to multiplayer again yesterday, but the water looked just like it does in single player now (I probably changed some settings though). Some of you are probably thinking I was just high the first time, well you're right. But I smoked one yesterday too so BACK OFF! hehe

I just wanted to know if there was a way to make the water always look like it did in multiplayer that time a couple of days ago.

Like everyone else is thinking: Hopefully patch 1.2 is gonna fix it

hahahaha