PDA

View Full Version : So samurai or Knights was always going to win this season?

DrinkinMehStella
05-22-2017, 09:37 AM
I think they purposely added the Centurion and Shinobi only because of the results of season one. Lets say samurai won then they would have released the cent and a new viking? i think this is the incentive for players to switch to a new faction with one of the new heroes which has worked, knights and samurai and beating vikings, if vikings won again i think a lot of players would have enough and not stay for another season. So its best to pick either a samurai or knights for the win unless your a dedicated viking and have faith again. Maybe this has always been known by everyone and i'm just a bit slow catching on lol oh well for those that didn't know then.

KeatonFox
05-22-2017, 09:47 AM
Not at all, pretty certain it was set from the get go. Have a look at the artwork of the gold edition when the game was released, the front two are obviously unique and clearly the cent and shin. https://assets.vg247.com/current/2017/02/h8RMYY1l.jpg

DrinkinMehStella
05-22-2017, 09:51 AM
how comes we got leaks of the new characters later into the game surly that would given the DLC heroes away before the game came out.

XxHunterHxX
05-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Actualy it was a topic in reddit about "now its the Knights turn" so alot of people changed faction...and in season 1 alot of people hated Samurai so at some point it was a topic about Knight people switch to vikings to help finish Samurai off but in the end its a silly game that no one relly cares....

DrinkinMehStella
05-22-2017, 10:04 AM
im not a fan of faction wars tbh, i still tactically deploy my assets to help but i'm not bothered about silly ornaments as a gold reward i just want crates and steal.

Egotistic_Ez
05-22-2017, 10:34 AM
The reason vikings will lose is because all the casuals saw them win last season and jumped over to them. They now have a larger proportion of inactives and bads that will drag them down.

SnugglesIV
05-22-2017, 11:14 AM
I think they purposely added the Centurion and Shinobi only because of the results of season one. Lets say samurai won then they would have released the cent and a new viking? i think this is the incentive for players to switch to a new faction with one of the new heroes which has worked, knights and samurai and beating vikings, if vikings won again i think a lot of players would have enough and not stay for another season. So its best to pick either a samurai or knights for the win unless your a dedicated viking and have faith again. Maybe this has always been known by everyone and i'm just a bit slow catching on lol oh well for those that didn't know then.

Why does Centurion and Shinobi being released dictate who is going to win this season? There is no difference in cost when recruiting characters from other factions...

DrinkinMehStella
05-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Why does Centurion and Shinobi being released dictate who is going to win this season? There is no difference in cost when recruiting characters from other factions...

because the new character 'could' encourage the switch of players from their current faction to either the knights because of the cent or the sams because of shinobi that's my thought behind it, it has nothing to do with cost. in the title i put a question mark because i don't know the answer it was just a theory. i think it's so instead of the vikings winning again it makes the other two factions have a more active player base and stand a chance.

Gray360UK
05-22-2017, 11:44 AM
because the new character 'could' encourage the switch of players from their current faction to either the knights because of the cent or the sams because of shinobi that's my thought behind it

There's no relation between character played and faction membership though. You can be the best Berserker in the world and belong to the Knights faction, for example. I'll play Shinoobi when it unlocks for me tomorrow, but I won't change faction to do so. I have a Rep 4 Nobushi and I am in Knights faction. I don't know if there are people who change faction based on what characters they play, maybe some people do this, I know I don't though. I think people change to the faction they think is going to win because they want the rewards.

SnugglesIV
05-22-2017, 11:48 AM
because the new character 'could' encourage the switch of players from their current faction to either the knights because of the cent or the sams because of shinobi that's my thought behind it, it has nothing to do with cost. in the title i put a question mark because i don't know the answer it was just a theory. i think it's so instead of the vikings winning again it makes the other two factions have a more active player base and stand a chance.

But there is no incentive to switch factions when it comes to the characters you want to play. It even says this when you first start the game and it asks you what faction you want to fight for. There is no reason to change faction, other than "my faction sucks" or "I don't like the shape of my emblem."

Egotistic_Ez
05-22-2017, 11:48 AM
There's no relation between character played and faction membership though. You can be the best Berserker in the world and belong to the Knights faction, for example. I'll play Shinoobi when it unlocks for me tomorrow, but I won't change faction to do so. I have a Rep 4 Nobushi and I am in Knights faction. I don't know if there are people who change faction based on what characters they play, maybe some people do this, I know I don't though. I think people change to the faction they think is going to win because they want the rewards.

I change to the faction my main is in, but I also don't care about the faction war at all. They've already proven that season 1 was essentially RNG and that season 2 will be the same, but without the vikings being in the running.

DrinkinMehStella
05-22-2017, 11:52 AM

yea i know, im with the knights but i'm a valk main. i'm saying that maybe its an incentive for most players not necessarily you or me but maybe the majority love cent and joined knights because of that? i do agree tho that most win change based on how the first round is doing. i changed to knights during the off season because they came last last time and feel like they need a hand.

The_B0G_
05-22-2017, 02:01 PM
What does new characters have to do with winning the faction war? Anyone can use any class on any faction.

I think the reason Vikings aren't doing great so far is because all the worst players hopped over trying to jump on the bandwagon, while a lot of good players joined knights for the challenge. Samurai were always competitive.

Neversetdrums
05-22-2017, 02:07 PM

I was going to say this. Since when does the characters you own have anything to do with your faction. I can play as a Kensei on Knights faction, and it still helps Knights faction. I can play my 144 Valkyrie, and her points still go to helping the Knights totals. What does the new DLC characters have anything related to do with the Faction War progress?

Egotistic_Ez
05-22-2017, 02:17 PM
while at the same time, a lot of players changed factions to knights and samurai for same reason. if you think this is wrong, you are wrong.

People jumping to vikings because they won makes obvious sense. People who know how the system works switching away from vikings also makes sense, but these are also likely the more active players so that doubles down on the viking pain.

If you can give me a reason why the vikings winning would cause casual and less active players to leave the vikings in droves I'm all ears.

The_B0G_
05-22-2017, 02:25 PM
People jumping to vikings because they won makes obvious sense. People who know how the system works switching away from vikings also makes sense, but these are also likely the more active players so that doubles down on the viking pain.

If you can give me a reason why the vikings winning would cause casual and less active players to leave the vikings in droves I'm all ears.

Like I said, maybe they wanted a challenge, or maybe the seen the massive overflow of bad players coming to their faction for winning and that even though knights had more deploys for assets than both other factions at the end of season 1 and still didn't win a round because they had so many poor players.

Vikings won the first season because on average they had the best players, well, that's probably not true any more. Not trying to be a d***, I was thinking of hopping over too, until I seen how they won and all the other FW stats.

Egotistic_Ez
05-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Like I said, maybe they wanted a challenge, or maybe the seen the massive overflow of bad players coming to their faction for winning and that even though knights had more deploys for assets than both other factions at the end of season 1 and still didn't win a round because they had so many poor players.

Casual players don't pay attention to things like faction population flow and "wanting a challenge".

The_B0G_
05-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Casual players don't pay attention to things like faction population flow and "wanting a challenge".

I said the good players. I didn't mean physically seen either, anticipated would of been a better word for me to use.

Casual players don't pay attention to all of that, you're right. They see the Vikings win and jump on the bandwagon. That's why I think Viking overall skill level went down, it's still too early to tell, but so far it looks that way.

UbiJurassic
05-23-2017, 02:20 AM
I'm always pushing for the Knights to come through with a win. We'll do it....one day.

Egotistic_Ez
05-23-2017, 03:07 AM
I said the good players. I didn't mean physically seen either, anticipated would of been a better word for me to use.

Casual players don't pay attention to all of that, you're right. They see the Vikings win and jump on the bandwagon. That's why I think Viking overall skill level went down, it's still too early to tell, but so far it looks that way.

But that means you're agreeing with me... lol

CaynAldan
05-23-2017, 09:56 AM
I'm betting for Knights.
I don't see almost samurais on matchmaking, and a lot of samurais still doing a very bad job with war assets.
Vikings seems to have less pushing power now (or they are with a "last minute" strategy)
I can see many more knights this season and they are controlling more zones in a more stable way.

Samurai is doing the worst war assets deploy by a large differencs

Hillbill79
05-23-2017, 10:10 AM
The Knights are dominating so far.

One thing I have noticed. In the last season... the knights seem to have done the best during the night (uk time). Based on that, id say a lot of knights were US side.

Now, Knights are strong all day too... suggesting there are more knights in the EU this time round than there was last time.

Which is good, because of how the rounds and time zones work. Knights have a damn good chance this season because of that. Providing everyone keeps up the good work and deploys manually.