PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki and Nobushi Fixes

okayyyyayyyy
05-22-2017, 04:38 AM
Alright I main both Shugoki and Nobushi they have some problems.

Shugoki

- Headbutt should be able to start chains
- Also the headbutt cannot know people off ledges or into spikes
- Hyperarmor doesn't work against the centerioun when he does the leaping forward stab. It will leave you stunned and on your ***.

Nobushi

- Attack speed is too slow. I constantly get my top and side lights parried leaving me with little room to start a combination.

Just make the attack speed faster and then she is fine the way she is.

RenegadeRasta
05-22-2017, 06:17 AM
I also main Shugoki, and you are wrong about two things.

1. His headbutt does knock people off of ledges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbLdUYM-GQ

2. HIs hyper armor does work against Centurions lunge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc56VeRq6zg

And in my opinion, his headbutt doesn't need to be chained into combos. It already takes off a chunk of stamina, and it's designed that way so one doesn't spam it to high heaven, like Warlord.

kweassa1917
05-22-2017, 06:34 AM

The distance is real short. MUCH shorter in comparison to most other classes' knocks.

2. HIs hyper armor does work against Centurions lunge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc56VeRq6zg

Not the jump lunge. Not sure which one, but there's a stab-uppercut or something like that which puts you into a recovery motion that looks like you're holding your gut in pain. That one goes through UI -- it even stops attacks from revenge which is already in motion.

RenegadeRasta
05-22-2017, 06:54 AM
The distance is real short. MUCH shorter in comparison to most other classes' knocks.

Not the jump lunge. Not sure which one, but there's a stab-uppercut or something like that which puts you into a recovery motion that looks like you're holding your gut in pain. That one goes through UI -- it even stops attacks from revenge which is already in motion.

Oooooooooooh I know which one you're talking about, yea I just looked at some of my footage and hyper armor was definitely ignored. Guess I was wrong my bad OP. I think.

kweassa1917
05-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Oooooooooooh I know which one you're talking about, yea I just looked at some of my footage and hyper armor was definitely ignored. Guess I was wrong my bad OP. I think.

I really don't think that one was intended. To me, it seems like an oversight that came with how they made the move into a "cool looking" combo where the Cent stabs the guy in the gut and then punches... so I'm assuming that when they made that animation process, they didn't think about UI and just assumed anyone that got stabbed will automatically be force-comboed into the punch phase...

...and as a result, it ignores all UI -- Warlord heavies, Shugoki UI, Kensei ZA and etc etc.. I'm pretty certain it even trumps other UBs -- the UBs which usually when activates just proceeds to ignore incoming hits, like the Lawb shove which doesn't cancel on hit -- my guess is the Cent stabby thing probably stops even those sort of skills in motion, because its set to always connect to the next combo.

okayyyyayyyy
05-22-2017, 02:16 PM
I swear recently I've headbutted people up against spikes and it didn't do squat lol but I need to start saving vids I guess

Brologna_Xeno
05-22-2017, 02:37 PM

The throw > light attack knocked her off, not the headbutt. You can see her starting to fall before the headbutt lands.

Since headbutt is a guaranteed hit, the Shug just glitch interrupted her fall animation.

In my experience, only ever harzard'd someone with headbutt when REV'd, but I bet there was ledge glitching involved in that as well..

DrinkinMyStella
05-22-2017, 02:52 PM
get rid of demons embrace that's my nerf

Blasto95
05-22-2017, 02:53 PM

Nobushi

- Attack speed is too slow. I constantly get my top and side lights parried leaving me with little room to start a combination.

Ya sure just nerf the hell out of her overpowered ZA first. Kills anyone at critical, huge range, pretty fast especially considering range/damage. Has zero recovery time from canceling into another move.
Im alright with ZA as it stands, its what makes her viable. But if you want to go buffing other areas of her kit, something has to give.
We are not talking top 5% of competition, Nobushi is perfectly viable anywhere else. Even at pro level, she has been used plenty.

Nobushi does not need any sort of buff in her current state. Shes already a mid tier hero, very dangerous in the right hands. A buff could easily make her OP if not done correctly.

Oupyz
05-22-2017, 03:05 PM
no Nobushi is crap cause there's something called Parry , once that **** is out than it will become a skilll game

RiftHunter4
05-22-2017, 03:44 PM
I've been a Nobushi main since beta and she plays fine, even against the Centurion and the Shinobi.

The problem isn't that she's slow, it's that she can get predictable because people never use Hidden Stance and they always start with 3 Light Attack combo. People also forget to zone with her too. Her kick is under used too.

Blasto95
05-22-2017, 03:53 PM
I've been a Nobushi main since beta and she plays fine, even against the Centurion and the Shinobi.

The problem isn't that she's slow, it's that she can get predictable because people never use Hidden Stance and they always start with 3 Light Attack combo. People also forget to zone with her too. Her kick is under used too.

The Nobushi's I go up against never forget about their ZA and kicks..ZA cancel into the dodge+heavy is very common for me. And personally I struggle with that move.

Helnekromancer
05-22-2017, 08:16 PM
Another Nobushi main here, have no problems with her and I kill Cent and Shins easily especially Cents since they have to be aggressive. Is Nobushi slow? She gets faster the more lights she tags on a guy and her light is fast enough to stop a Warden Shoulder charge so I'm not sure what you mean.

RenegadeRasta
05-22-2017, 10:36 PM
The throw > light attack knocked her off, not the headbutt. You can see her starting to fall before the headbutt lands.

Since headbutt is a guaranteed hit, the Shug just glitch interrupted her fall animation.

In my experience, only ever harzard'd someone with headbutt when REV'd, but I bet there was ledge glitching involved in that as well..

I guess you're right. That headbutt was an extra good measure.

RenegadeRasta
05-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Another thing I wanna add is that the devs should return Oni Charge to the way it was before. The nerf was based on 1v1 tournament footage, I heard, where other Shugoki players kept abusing it so they could get free hits. But it was only 1v1 duels that they looked at which caused the nerf and nothing else. That to me isn't great decision making. I mainly do 4v4's and Oni Charge pre-nerf was a good way to break up gank squads and saving my team mates from BS.

Oni Charge isn't totally useless though. It can still knock dudes over ledges and bridges and stuff. It's the fact that they only looked at 1v1s that really bothered me. Ubi please, reverse your decision.

....And besides, isn't charging into someone for free hits suggested in the advanced video for Shugoki?

Oupyz
05-22-2017, 11:17 PM
Another thing I wanna add is that the devs should return Oni Charge to the way it was before. The nerf was based on 1v1 tournament footage, I heard, where other Shugoki players kept abusing it so they could get free hits. But it was only 1v1 duels that they looked at which caused the nerf and nothing else. That to me isn't great decision making. I mainly do 4v4's and Oni Charge pre-nerf was a good way to break up gank squads and saving my team mates from BS.

Oni Charge isn't totally useless though. It can still knock dudes over ledges and bridges and stuff. It's the fact that they only looked at 1v1s that really bothered me. Ubi please, reverse your decision.

....And besides, isn't charging into someone for free hits suggested in the advanced video for Shugoki?

what the **** are on you ? 1v1 is where the balance should be , other modes are fun nothing else

u balance the classes based on 1v1 and that's it

no one gives a **** about the other mode , just they are therre for variety and fun , balance unbalanced when there's feat and gear etc etc :/

UbiJurassic
05-22-2017, 11:28 PM

Shugoki

- Headbutt should be able to start chains
- Also the headbutt cannot know people off ledges or into spikes
- Hyperarmor doesn't work against the centerioun when he does the leaping forward stab. It will leave you stunned and on your ***.

Nobushi

On our last livestream, we did mention that Nobushi would be receiving some love in a future patch. No specifics just yet since it's still in development, but we'll let you know when we hear more.

Moondyne_MC
05-22-2017, 11:35 PM
On our last livestream, we did mention that Nobushi would be receiving some love in a future patch. No specifics just yet since it's still in development, but we'll let you know when we hear more.

You bloody beauty :D as a Nobu main, this makes me very happy. Even though Kensei needs the attention more, haha.

UbiJurassic
05-23-2017, 12:14 AM
You bloody beauty :D as a Nobu main, this makes me very happy. Even though Kensei needs the attention more, haha.

Our creative director, Roman, did mention (https://youtu.be/QdBuXKYP5VE?t=1h12m33s) that they were looking at the samurai as whole when talking about the future Nobushi improvements. :)

Oupyz
05-23-2017, 12:50 AM
Our creative director, Roman, did mention (https://youtu.be/QdBuXKYP5VE?t=1h12m33s) that they were looking at the samurai as whole when talking about the future Nobushi improvements. :)
On a side not i really like what you did with raider, i hope u give the samurai more options , specialy nobushi cause she cannot open a turtle , pretty neat work on the raider thumbs up

Keep it up and fix the game

Thank you

kweassa1917
05-23-2017, 01:32 AM

Don't need it.

I'm happy if they just do the following 3 tweaks...

● remove the stamina regen block

● smooth transition into sprint when OniC ends

● if enemy has back to ledge, OniC properly knocks them over, instead of flinging them perpendicular to the charge.

UbiJurassic
05-23-2017, 02:08 AM
On a side not i really like what you did with raider, i hope u give the samurai more options , specialy nobushi cause she cannot open a turtle , pretty neat work on the raider thumbs up

Keep it up and fix the game

Thank you

The thanks is much appreciated. We know there are a lot of passionate Raider players out there that waited very patiently for his changes. Glad we could live up to the expectations!

RenegadeRasta
05-23-2017, 02:17 AM
Don't need it.

I'm happy if they just do the following 3 tweaks...

● remove the stamina regen block

● smooth transition into sprint when OniC ends

● if enemy has back to ledge, OniC properly knocks them over, instead of flinging them perpendicular to the charge.

I like em. Even though the second already makes sense, cuz Shu a big dude. It makes sense to for him to stop a bit after a huge *** sprint.

kweassa1917
05-23-2017, 05:27 AM
I like em. Even though the second already makes sense, cuz Shu a big dude. It makes sense to for him to stop a bit after a huge *** sprint.

You've got your physics mixed up. A large moving object doesn't suddenly stop dead in its tracks -- it gradually slows down :D

RenegadeRasta
05-23-2017, 06:12 AM
You've got your physics mixed up. A large moving object doesn't suddenly stop dead in its tracks -- it gradually slows down :D

I am not the sharpest spoon in the mailbox ok?:p

Bjron_Ironside
05-23-2017, 06:39 AM
They really should bring back oni charge knock down since shinobi can do the same thing. Not fair.

TSCDescon
05-30-2017, 02:18 AM
get rid of demons embrace that's my nerf

No...