PDA

View Full Version : Tracking on Centurion moves

SirCorrino
05-21-2017, 01:41 PM
The tracking on the Centurion's moves is quite frankly ridiculous. Take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9UJhBHxYE

He jumps forward 10+ feet to connect a melee range move.

His other moves have similar tracking, even to the point of turning 90+ degrees to catch you after a dodge. Something needs to be done about this.

SerArthur-Dayne
05-21-2017, 02:07 PM
https://youtu.be/3ZzA4adr5cI

https://youtu.be/xqJnOjcdrJM

http://imgur.com/a/ff4PD

Ohh... and my favourite...
https://youtu.be/T-3-KffN-cY

Lyskir
05-21-2017, 02:14 PM

whines about centurion and want a shinobi buff.....good one :D

SirCorrino
05-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Here's another good example:

Moondyne_MC
05-21-2017, 10:48 PM
Jeeeesus.. And people are saying Cent is fine at present lol. To be perfectly honest, the dash>overhead heavy has been being performed by Warlords and Berserkers since day 1, and by PK to a lesser extent (I've seen my Berserker jump well over 10 feet for an overhead heavy), but that slide distance on Cent's charged heavy is just ridiculous. The charged heavy needs to be reworked entirely IMO, needs to have 1 of 2 set times, and frankly could do away with UB for UI instead.

UbiNoty
05-21-2017, 10:55 PM
I'm sure the team already knows this is probably something that will need some tweaking, but it'll be good to add your voices about it in with the pile. Will forward it to the team :D

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 11:06 PM
I don't see how your clip shows anything related to tracking. You literally stood in place. You had ample time to dodge or dodge attack or even parry. Hell whenever I try to do that against half decent players it's always parried.

They nerfed his jump attack. it still "tracks" weirdly. but it's far easier to dodge now. like you can wait nearly to the last second and still move away.
The jab also doesn't have good tracking. It will still hit you if you dodge backwords because player hurt boxes are either not directly on you at all times. or it's a latency problem.
Anytime I throw a jab out that isn't from a pin or a wall splat it's dodged.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 11:14 PM
I'm sure the team already knows this is probably something that will need some tweaking, but it'll be good to add your voices about it in with the pile. Will forward it to the team :D

pls make sure Roman see this one ! irrelevant to the Op just o make him smile i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4UB94fk6w

DerToSch
05-21-2017, 11:15 PM
I alwas feel like I have a magnet up my backside when I meet a Centurion. You dodge backwards, he charges 10 metres forwards. You dodge to the side, he's doing a 90 spin midmovement.

Fighting a Cent is like getting targeted by a heat seeking missile.

SirCorrino
05-21-2017, 11:19 PM
I don't see how your clip shows anything related to tracking. You literally stood in place. You had ample time to dodge or dodge attack or even parry. Hell whenever I try to do that against half decent players it's always parried.

They nerfed his jump attack. it still "tracks" weirdly. but it's far easier to dodge now. like you can wait nearly to the last second and still move away.
The jab also doesn't have good tracking. It will still hit you if you dodge backwords because player hurt boxes are either not directly on you at all times. or it's a latency problem.
Anytime I throw a jab out that isn't from a pin or a wall splat it's dodged.

I was about 3x the normal melee range away. That move should never have hit me.

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 11:23 PM
I was about 3x the normal melee range away. That move should never have hit me.

it does because his charged heavies give him more range. and unblockable charged heavies have even more range. Side heavies in particular go the farthest.
This isn't a balance issue. This is a L2P issue. At the distance you were hit you could have easily avoided it or punished it with a side dodge/parry.

This is the nonsense that I hope devs don't take too seriously. If you actually understood his kit you wouldn't be thinking that range is abnormal.

Moondyne_MC
05-21-2017, 11:32 PM
it does because his charged heavies give him more range. and unblockable charged heavies have even more range. Side heavies in particular go the farthest.
This isn't a balance issue. This is a L2P issue. At the distance you were hit you could have easily avoided it or punished it with a side dodge/parry.

This is the nonsense that I hope devs don't take too seriously. If you actually understood his kit you wouldn't be thinking that range is abnormal.

Balance between characters would dictate that a close range hybrid SHOULDN'T have twice as much range as actual long range characters. Come on man, those video clips were obscene, one of them showed a Cent literally turning a corner and stabbing someone on the other side of a wall, mid jump. How can you think that's fine?

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 11:35 PM
Balance between characters would dictate that a close range hybrid SHOULDN'T have twice as much range as actual long range characters. Come on man, those video clips were obscene, one of them showed a Cent literally turning a corner and stabbing someone on the other side of a wall, mid jump. How can you think that's fine?

I only watched yours as I was specifically talking to you.
Again you clearly don't know the kit if you think it's imbalanced.

He has to charge up his heavy to get that range. if he whiffs you can GB him for free. the slower attack speed due to the charge also makes it easier to parry.
His range is balanced. You're just crying because you would rather have it nerfed than learn to play around it. If it was hard to punish i'd be right by you. But it is incredibly easy to punish. especially at that range.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 11:37 PM

He has to charge up his heavy to get that range. if he whiffs you can GB him for free. the slower attack speed due to the charge also makes it easier to parry.
His range is balanced. You're just crying because you would rather have it nerfed than learn to play around it. If it was hard to punish i'd be right by you. But it is incredibly easy to punish. especially at that range.

after watching those video you cant defend it ... like come on all those video were crazy tracking

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 11:39 PM

1st one is what happens when 2 players are smart and coordinate their attacks. You get forced to react to either but end up eating something anyway. This is probs the most complaint worthy one. Which is why i've been advocating for a hero limit in 4v4 since launch.

second one is clearly a latency/connection problem. That will not happen in a majority of the matches.

Third is scott just being bad and not knowing the kit. When I do that against actual decent people who are aware of cent's range it's parried or dodged for a GB I can't tech.

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 11:40 PM
after watching those video you cant defend it ... like come on all those video were crazy tracking

see my reply below to those specific videos.

D4rkgrizzly
05-21-2017, 11:41 PM
Tracking is a general problem. Not just a Centurion problem.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 11:48 PM
see my reply below to those specific videos.

even Ubi staff member say they know it a problem .... i dont know what to say anymore -_-

Moondyne_MC
05-21-2017, 11:48 PM

If you look closely, you'll notice that I'm not in fact the OP.

He has to charge it for less than a second (some characters standard heavies come out slower than his charged heavy), for which he is rewarded with a difficult to parry UB, with double the range of any other move in the game. Please explain to me how this massive advantage over other UB's is fairly balanced with a downside other than the standard "you can GB if you parry"? Dodging seems to be out of the question due to the tracking you deny exists.

Whiffing is the other concern for me. While I understand that we have to get used to each characters range to learn when they'll whiff an attack, you have to be practically on the other side of the map to avoid that sliding charged heavy. I loved judging a Warden's SB or long range top heavy as a whiff and getting an attack of my own in; no chance of doing that against Cent, unless you sidestep. But even then, some characters can't sidestep for crap (Nobu), and other times he'll just follow you through your dodge.

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 11:56 PM
even Ubi staff member say they know it a problem .... i dont know what to say anymore -_-

"I'm sure the team already knows this is probably something that will need some tweaking, but it'll be good to add your voices about it in with the pile. Will forward it to the team ."
That is not saying the same thing as "yeah you're right this is a problem it's going to be fixed."

The person is saying the dev's have already probably seen a lot of these clips and is making a guess that they might think it needs tweaking. You see what you wana see I guess. bye.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 11:57 PM
"I'm sure the team already knows this is probably something that will need some tweaking, but it'll be good to add your voices about it in with the pile. Will forward it to the team ."
That is not saying the same thing as "yeah you're right this is a problem it's going to be fixed."

The person is saying the dev's have already probably seen a lot of these clips and is making a guess that they might think it needs tweaking. You see what you wana see I guess. bye.

only time will tell but im sure it will be nerf .., sorry for you

Knight_Raime
05-22-2017, 12:02 AM
If you look closely, you'll notice that I'm not in fact the OP.

He has to charge it for less than a second (some characters standard heavies come out slower than his charged heavy), for which he is rewarded with a difficult to parry UB, with double the range of any other move in the game. Please explain to me how this massive advantage over other UB's is fairly balanced with a downside other than the standard "you can GB if you parry"? Dodging seems to be out of the question due to the tracking you deny exists.

Whiffing is the other concern for me. While I understand that we have to get used to each characters range to learn when they'll whiff an attack, you have to be practically on the other side of the map to avoid that sliding charged heavy. I loved judging a Warden's SB or long range top heavy as a whiff and getting an attack of my own in; no chance of doing that against Cent, unless you sidestep. But even then, some characters can't sidestep for crap (Nobu), and other times he'll just follow you through your dodge.

Yeah my bad. Been replying to so many people without a pic for their profile that I mixed you and him up. Apologies. I still stand by what I originally said to you though.
and no. For a fully charged heavy it's about 2 seconds. maybe 2.4. with the unblockable heavy it's even longer because the animation is different. Cent's standard heavy is indeed faster than most. but not his fully charged ones.

I'll grant that the closer you are the harder it is to parry it. But not dodge. Nor dodge attack. I am a rep 2 cent. The fully charged heavies have absolutely zero tracking. None of the clips i've seen in this thread show tracking on them. How about you provide me with a clip of your own where you tried to dodge at the correct time from a fairly spaced unblockable heavy and it tracked. I'd genuinely like to see that.

Dodging works all the time. I have assassins do it to me regularly in 1v1 if I don't guarentee a splat at some point. And that's hyper bull. There comes a point when the cent can no longer cancel his charge attack. The video OP posted is the best example of the character literally freezing instead of reacting.

Knight_Raime
05-22-2017, 12:14 AM
only time will tell but im sure it will be nerf .., sorry for you

If it's nerfed it's not going to change how I play. Trying to pull off an unblockable at that range in OP's vid gets me parried or GBed majority of the time.
Even if they went over board with it and made the unblockable charge distance the same as his normals (which I doubt as they'ed have to do a major animation overhaul) it would still be relitievely "ok." but it would make his worst match ups even more bad for him.

IMO the only nerf I think he needs atm is removing the blind effect or reducing it on his kicks.

Sir_rage_quit
05-22-2017, 12:16 AM
If it's nerfed it's not going to change how I play. Trying to pull off an unblockable at that range in OP's vid gets me parried or GBed majority of the time.
Even if they went over board with it and made the unblockable charge distance the same as his normals (which I doubt as they'ed have to do a major animation overhaul) it would still be relitievely "ok." but it would make his worst match ups even more bad for him.

IMO the only nerf I think he needs atm is removing the blind effect or reducing it on his kicks.

im curious about what you think of his punch knockdown and what gamemode your playing ?

UbiNoty
05-22-2017, 12:22 AM
To be clear, I am not saying we will be making changes to this or to the new heroes for sure. Only that certain aspects of the new heroes are more controversial at the moment, and so we're more likely to look at those things first when we consider any changes.

We are still committing to waiting for a bit and gathering some more reliable data and feedback (non-season pass holders have not yet even been able to have a chance), before we even start thinking about what changes to make.

Sir_rage_quit
05-22-2017, 12:28 AM
To be clear, I am not saying we will be making changes to this or to the new heroes for sure. Only that certain aspects of the new heroes are more controversial at the moment, and so we're more likely to look at those things first when we consider any changes.

We are still committing to waiting for a bit and gathering some more reliable data and feedback (non-season pass holders have not yet even been able to have a chance), before we even start thinking about what changes to make.

that sad =(

RenegadeRasta
05-22-2017, 12:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2ygvteSBQ

Dr-KaBoom
05-22-2017, 12:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2ygvteSBQ

To be fair I've seen plenty of other heroes do similar things especially with leap attacks.

Knight_Raime
05-22-2017, 07:53 AM
im curious about what you think of his punch knockdown and what gamemode your playing ?

the punch doesn't knock down unless it's fully charged. which will whiff unless the person dodges backwords (due to poor hitboxes or latency. happens with other unblockable bashes as well.) or is pinned from a charged heavy. I think it's fine because in my experiences the person I fight will dodge out of it unless I physically make them unable to. I am almost exclusively playing 1v1. I play brawl with a friend occasionally. Only time I go into 4v4 these days is bots and offline to do a contract. I decided to stop playing 4v4 a long time ago when I realize how stupidly imbalanced and cheesy it is.
I might be a snob when it comes to what I'd consider a "proper" 4v4 design. But imo it's got a long way. hero balance is the least of it's issues tbh. the actual mechanics surrounding 4v4 need to be fixed first.

Wolf-Heathen
05-22-2017, 08:13 AM

What possible relevance would non-season pass holders' feedback have? You already have the forums outraged at these classes, there is your feedback. Sounds more like a stalling tactic. The only thing your plan will accomplish is skew the data as non-season pass players start learning characters they've never played as before.

Knight_Raime
05-22-2017, 08:54 AM
What possible relevance would non-season pass holders' feedback have? You already have the forums outraged at these classes, there is your feedback. Sounds more like a stalling tactic. The only thing your plan will accomplish is skew the data as non-season pass players start learning characters they've never played as before.

Stop being so thick.
More people means more data. which means a better picture. These heros are new. People are still learning to play them and against them. Giving more time for players to learn them would edge out the extreme cases and bring about a more consistent slice of data. The forums are a minority compared to the majority to play. Going off of the forums alone would simply be the wrong thing to do.

And that's the exact opposite of what would happen. if the situation gets dramatically worse they would be immediately aware that it's because it's a bunch of new people. It would further solidify that a lot of these outrages of people claiming (uncounterable, unpunishable) would just be in edge cases. If the situation stays pretty much the same it's more consistent data for them to help them make the right call. And if the situation becomes better overall that just means the inital fire from the forums was knee jerk reactions. and not the sign of a huge issue.

How about you lay down your pitch fork and stop assuming things and get some patience. They have already shown they are actively listening to people and changing things people have complained about if they indeed turned out to be a problem. pretty much every meta tactic or hero has been nerfed in some fashion already. And statistically speaking both cent and shinobi will be nerfed/buffed at some point due to the track record of other heros. they just need to be the right changes. and in order for that to happen they need time. and more data.

DrinkinMehStella
05-22-2017, 08:59 AM
i agree the tracking is ridiculous on nearly every move. In a 4v4 against a team on cents running around you can even run away once the gank starts because the kicks and charged jabs and charged heavies are too overpowering.

Wolf-Heathen
05-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Stop being so thick.
More people means more data. which means a better picture. These heros are new. People are still learning to play them and against them. Giving more time for players to learn them would edge out the extreme cases and bring about a more consistent slice of data. The forums are a minority compared to the majority to play. Going off of the forums alone would simply be the wrong thing to do.

And that's the exact opposite of what would happen. if the situation gets dramatically worse they would be immediately aware that it's because it's a bunch of new people. It would further solidify that a lot of these outrages of people claiming (uncounterable, unpunishable) would just be in edge cases. If the situation stays pretty much the same it's more consistent data for them to help them make the right call. And if the situation becomes better overall that just means the inital fire from the forums was knee jerk reactions. and not the sign of a huge issue.

How about you lay down your pitch fork and stop assuming things and get some patience. They have already shown they are actively listening to people and changing things people have complained about if they indeed turned out to be a problem. pretty much every meta tactic or hero has been nerfed in some fashion already. And statistically speaking both cent and shinobi will be nerfed/buffed at some point due to the track record of other heros. they just need to be the right changes. and in order for that to happen they need time. and more data.

Let me spell it out for you, since you seemed to miss my point entirely. A new wave of players figuring out these heros is going to drop the currently ridiculously high win ratios of the new heros, because more people will be playing them who have no idea what they are doing. Right now people are seething at how broken these heros are, based on their experiences playing against them. And rightfully so.

My criticism is entirely valid and warrented as it's clear to anyone that these characters weren't properly balanced tested, or they were purposely released in their broken state to assuage all the buyer's remorse for season pass holders, who up until this latest patch, had next to nothing to show for their purchase. And no, given Ubisoft's track record, patience is not commodity any of the community has after their snail's pace ability to admit and fix OP heros in For Honor.
pretty much every meta tactic or hero has been nerfed in some fashion already That is just a bold faced lie. Nothing had been done about Warden/Conc unblockable spam, and Warlord headbut spam is just as bad. It took them forever to nerk the PK, and they initially denied anything was wrong with her at release according to their "data". They've also done nothing to stop the turtle meta, other than release two, by their own admission, "controversial" heros So no, excuse me and many others, if we don't have any patience for Ubisoft releasing two new heros who abuse the very mechanics the community has been rallied against for the past two months. That's just lazy/and or bad design.

Knight_Raime
05-22-2017, 09:43 AM
Let me spell it out for you, since you seemed to miss my point entirely. A new wave of players figuring out these heros is going to drop the currently ridiculously high win ratios of the new heros, because more people will be playing them who have no idea what they are doing. Right now people are seething at how broken these heros are, based on their experiences playing against them. And rightfully so.

My criticism is entirely valid and warrented as it's clear to anyone that these characters weren't properly balanced tested, or they were purposely released in their broken state to assuage all the buyer's remorse for season pass holders, who up until this latest patch, had next to nothing to show for their purchase. And no, given Ubisoft's track record, patience is not commodity any of the community has after their snail's pace ability to admit and fix OP heros in For Honor. That is just a bold faced lie. Nothing had been done about Warden/Conc unblockable spam, and Warlord headbut spam is just as bad. It took them forever to nerk the PK, and they initially denied anything was wrong with her at release according to their "data". They've also done nothing to stop the turtle meta, other than release two, by their own admission, "controversial" heros So no, excuse me and many others, if we don't have any patience for Ubisoft releasing two new heros who abuse the very mechanics the community has been rallied against for the past two months. That's just lazy/and or bad design.

Yeah alright. You're one of those self entitled people. SO I'm just going to back out after this reply. As you clearly think you know better. You won't listen to reason.

1) That doesn't matter. For several reasons. They only look at win/loss in the top 7-8% of players in the same bracket. and both heros in that match need to be rep one or higher. You clearly missed over my point about data and what exactly can happen with new players imply because you think you're so correct here. So I won't further elaborate.

2) See that's the exact reason why your reply is a joke. Your incredibly salty with the developers to the point that you assume they are incompetent. Or that they would do something like purposely make OP characters for money. it's that exact childish behavior that gets you literally no where. Pull your head out of your arse and actually listen. The amount of people they have on testing things no matter how many hours they log in will NEVER match up to releasing something to the public. The amount of people who will pick up centurion when he's available for the world in the first hour will be more than the devs by miles. and in a single hour he will have been played more than the devs have even spent designing that specific hero. It's basic statistics. Something you seem to clearly overlook because you're out on a damn witch hunt. Do you know why these things seem so obvious to you? it's because all of this exists on the internet. Something the devs didn't have access to during testing.

3) They've nerfed SB by removing the late cancel. They also added recovery after a cancel. meaning you can't repeatedly cancel in a row now. Conq used to be able to bash heavy into bash heavy into bash heavy. not anymore. They have also done some other changes to the bash that for the life of me I can't pull off of my head atm. but it's in their patch notes. Warlord at launch used to be able to do much more with his headbutt. they've nerfed it's speed I think twice. nerfed it's tracking once. and increased the stamina consumption. They are currently working on a patch for the turtle meta. It like any change in a game takes time and shouldn't just be tossed out simply because something sounds "good." The next update should be buffing bushi, orochi, and kensei. and the one after that should be the big patch that tackles the defensive meta. This is what we've been told.

So it's not a bold face lie. Just because you don't perceive the things as being solved post patch doesn't change the fact that they have gone in and actually changed a lot of the stuff. Patch notes alone prove this. So either you don't read them and thus you're ignorant. Or you're so stuck up in your arogant ways that you refuse to accept those changes because you don't think they addressed the "problems."

If you want to act like a child then by all means behave like one. Life isn't going to bend to you or cater to you. They will take their time to make decisions they feel comfortable with. You don't have to like it. But that's reality. suck it up or move on.

SirCorrino
05-22-2017, 10:55 AM

So a MELEE specialist with a shortsword should have longer range attacks than characters with spears and naginata? Come the F on. That's insane. The range is broken, end of discussion. I got some more footage from the last two games I played, about to edit and upload it. You can see him track me 180 degrees with his leap, almost as much with his charged heavy and jab.

This was supposed to be posted last night, but my internet went down, so I only got to upload and post it now.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CBTZqQtA20

The charging in no way makes it easier to parry as the timing is so variable. In fact it makes it much, much harder to parry (also the flashing indicator is incorrectly timed so you can't use that as a guide to parry).

The fully charged heavies have absolutely zero tracking. None of the clips i've seen in this thread show tracking on them. How about you provide me with a clip of your own where you tried to dodge at the correct time from a fairly spaced unblockable heavy and it tracked. I'd genuinely like to see that.

You can see it track both forward and to the sides in my clip. Not always hitting, but still hitting a good number of times where it should not have and would in fact be physically impossible for a body to make the necessary adjustments.

RenegadeRasta
05-22-2017, 11:47 AM
To be fair I've seen plenty of other heroes do similar things especially with leap attacks.

I guess. But to me, Centurion's looks way different from the rest of the Vikings and Peacekeeper cuz as you saw in that vid, he jumps, pauses, floats, and then WHOOOOOSH!!

It was like something out of Dark Souls lol

Capoupacap
05-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Tracking is a general problem. Not just a Centurion problem.

Totally agree with that !

SirCorrino
05-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Totally agree with that !

Maybe, but it's especially bad with the Centurion. The last video I posted was from 2 consecutive Dominion games. If I'd played 2 more I'd get twice the footage of ******** tracking.

Tao642
05-22-2017, 02:26 PM
It's actually possible to switch to targets near you when you fully charge a jab so that instead of impaling the guy you knocked on the ground, surprise execution on the enemy next to you because centurian just did a 180 midair into their face

Rikuto01.tv
05-22-2017, 03:36 PM
The tracking on the Centurion's moves is quite frankly ridiculous. Take a look at this:

His other moves have similar tracking, even to the point of turning 90+ degrees to catch you after a dodge. Something needs to be done about this.

Cents tracking is garbage. The word you want is range, as you did not even attempt to dodge.

Sir_rage_quit
05-22-2017, 04:18 PM
the punch doesn't knock down unless it's fully charged. which will whiff unless the person dodges backwords (due to poor hitboxes or latency. happens with other unblockable bashes as well.) or is pinned from a charged heavy. I think it's fine because in my experiences the person I fight will dodge out of it unless I physically make them unable to. I am almost exclusively playing 1v1. I play brawl with a friend occasionally. Only time I go into 4v4 these days is bots and offline to do a contract. I decided to stop playing 4v4 a long time ago when I realize how stupidly imbalanced and cheesy it is.
I might be a snob when it comes to what I'd consider a "proper" 4v4 design. But imo it's got a long way. hero balance is the least of it's issues tbh. the actual mechanics surrounding 4v4 need to be fixed first.

Now i can see where your coming from , while i agree that this heros is fine for 1v1 ( expect is crazy tracking sometime ) in 4v4 he is crazy good . Even if you block his fist heavy he can do a jab charged it really easy to dodge in 1v1 but not in 4v4 that one of the main problem that and the crazy tracking happening . I will be happy if they found a way to make 4v4 fun again and not totally ruin him for 1v1 player but so far i have the feeling they did a balance for duel and brawl mode not for dominion or skirmish or a proper elim

Sir_rage_quit
05-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Cents tracking is garbage. The word you want is range, as you did not even attempt to dodge.

because that range is totally not fine for that att it crazy to good with that tracking ( keep in mind the centurion is a close range not a long range like that )

Knight_Raime
05-22-2017, 09:06 PM
So a MELEE specialist with a shortsword should have longer range attacks than characters with spears and naginata? Come the F on. That's insane. The range is broken, end of discussion. I got some more footage from the last two games I played, about to edit and upload it. You can see him track me 180 degrees with his leap, almost as much with his charged heavy and jab.

This was supposed to be posted last night, but my internet went down, so I only got to upload and post it now.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CBTZqQtA20

The charging in no way makes it easier to parry as the timing is so variable. In fact it makes it much, much harder to parry (also the flashing indicator is incorrectly timed so you can't use that as a guide to parry).

You can see it track both forward and to the sides in my clip. Not always hitting, but still hitting a good number of times where it should not have and would in fact be physically impossible for a body to make the necessary adjustments.

You've literally not countered a point i've made about its range. you're just telling me i'm wrong end of. so i'm done arguing with you beyond this reply.
your video shows nothin absurd tracking wise bar a kick and the jump. both of which you dodged. You also shown your capability to dodge his charged unblockables and jabs even in cqc. thus showing its possible. I will now clarify what I mean with tracking. I'm referring to something that actively follows you changing its direction to match yours as its happening. only the kick and the jump did this. both the top heavy and the side heavy got you because you dodged before they were thrown out. because the game has lock on ALL attacks do this. The only reason it looks "wrong" on cent is because his heavies are straghit forward lunges instead of your typical horizontal swinging heavies.

Regarding charging easier parries I was referring to charged heavies from range. the varried charge times really only impact cqc and on non unblockables. I really don't care for your realism point. the game has had wonky hitboxes with some latency tracking issues since launch those specific thing are not mechanically worse with cent.

Duuklah
05-23-2017, 05:38 AM
https://youtu.be/3zza4adr5ci

https://youtu.be/xqjnojcdrjm

http://imgur.com/a/ff4pd

ohh... And my favourite...
https://youtu.be/t-3-kffn-cy

omfg these are great!!!!

Shantak_
05-23-2017, 08:23 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/1pjrql.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/1pjrql)

DrinkinMehStella
05-23-2017, 08:54 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/1pjrql.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/1pjrql)

My worst nightmare, its bad enough have a team of cents spamming unblockables from every angle now the lobbies are going to be filled with them :(

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 12:45 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

So much broken crap!

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Antonio- where are you i this thread defending centurion?

DudeTheDude12
06-16-2017, 05:32 PM

Take a look at this https://youtu.be/Bbk1D-iOMkw?t=106

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Antonio- where are you i this thread defending centurion?

I don't defend centurion, I call people out in lies and bs. If someone said zerk can kill you with one light attack I would call the out on that too

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 05:43 PM
I don't defend centurion, I call people out in lies and bs. If someone said zerk can kill you with one light attack I would call the out on that too

You are aware everyone can see your post history?

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:46 PM
You are aware everyone can see your post history?

Yep and they'll see that I'm just debunking lies and that I think he's just above mediocre in 1v1s and he's ruined 4v4. If telling people he can't kill you with 1 kick is defending him then okay sure I guess I am, the same way I would with the zerk example I gave

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Yep and they'll see that I'm just debunking lies and that I think he's just above mediocre in 1v1s and he's ruined 4v4. If telling people he can't kill you with 1 kick is defending him then okay sure I guess I am, the same way I would with the zerk example I gave

And why are you fine with a single character destroying the most popular game mode?

Posts stats -> not your name and you "share your wive's account" of which neither have even tried cent. Seems legit lol.

I appreciate you debunking, just seems strange that you are ok with killing the game to preserve a single character's 1v1 capability at the cost of the entire cast's 4v4 capabilities (again most popular mode).

Vasher.
06-16-2017, 05:57 PM
And why are you fine with a single character destroying the most popular game mode?

Like most people that are defending the Centurion...it's easy to play that character...so they want it to stay that way. If it's their favorite character and they win 90% of Dominion matches because of the brokenness that character brings...they don't care about what happens to the game...it's selfishness...all it is.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 05:58 PM

Where did I say that I'm fine with it? I've said he needs to be balanced in 4v4 but make it so he's not nerfed too bad in 1v1 since he's already just above mediocre there.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Like most people that are defending the Centurion...it's easy to play that character...so they want it to stay that way. If it's their favorite character and they win 90% of Dominion matches because of the brokenness that character brings...they don't care about what happens to the game...it's selfishness...all it is.

Except I don't play him, nor do I defend him. I've linked my profile tons of times on here but I'll do it again since this stupid argument keeps coming up. https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3
I play on my wife's account before you say anything.
Like I said if someone was b itching about any of the cast members I don't have a problem with that, I have a problem with them spreading BS misinformation. I'd do it with any character, it's not limited to centurion.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 06:03 PM
So sacrifice the entire casts 4v4 experience to preserve 1 character's 1v1 capability. Why not just nerf, then re-balance for 1's over time? Would that not be more efficient and healthier for what is overwhelmingly the most popular game mode?

I dont have a problem with Cent in 1's, but prefer the game to no die because willful ignorance.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Except I don't play him, nor do I defend him. I've linked my profile tons of times on here but I'll do it again since this stupid argument keeps coming up. https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/AlyssaA-3
I play on my wife's account before you say anything.
Like I said if someone was b itching about any of the cast members I don't have a problem with that, I have a problem with them spreading BS misinformation. I'd do it with any character, it's not limited to centurion.

So you play under an account that is not your forum name, you share with a another person, and neither of you have even touched centurion more than once? Seems legit. i hate playing cent and ive played at least a handful of matches with him since his release.

salekr
06-16-2017, 06:08 PM
So you play under an account that is not your forum name, you share with a another person, and neither of you have even touched centurion more than once? Seems legit.

But Antonioj26 knows numbers!
You got to listen to him!

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:09 PM
So you play under an account that is not your forum name, you share with a another person, and neither of you have even touched centurion more than once? Seems legit. i hate playing cent and ive played at least a handful of matches with him since his release.

yep totally realistic, if you look I've also never touched nobushi, zerk, Orochi, and barely touched pk, but maybe I'm one of those guys who don't play every single character in the game. Weird those guys. I also don't share an account with anyone, that's not what I said. Lol my wife play for honor? Hilarious, dude. I play under her account because my cousin was playing under mine and would spend all of his steel on his Orochi so I stopped playing under my name. https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/Antonio-J26
That's fine though, keep thinking I play cent. It's a dumb argument and like I said already more than a few times I would do the same for any other character. Everyone just happens to be b itching about centurion right now. Oh and I also never said I've never tried him out, I'm saying I don't play as him.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Everyone just happens to be b itching about centurion right now.

Hmmmm, I wonder why.

B/c they are bad any you are Gud. Dont touch cent until the game is dead to preserve his 1's at the expense of everyone's 4's. Good plan.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder why.

That's fine! They can!!!! I don't care if they do!! If they are frustrated than by all means go ahead!!! How many times do I have to say this?!?!?! Just stop spreading misinformation, Jesus Christ!!!

Please stop strawmanning me, it's getting really old dude. For someone who keeps arguing against logical fallacies that seems to be one you like to use a lot. Didn't say that either when you brought up the 4v4s, but you know that. You just don't care anymore and you want to win the argument.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:18 PM
But Antonioj26 knows numbers!
You got to listen to him!

My god! Numbers!?!?!?!? Run for your lives!!!! Facts are going to kill us!!!!! But our feelings will save us, don't worry!!!!

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 06:25 PM
That's fine! They can!!!! I don't care if they do!! If they are frustrated than by all means go ahead!!! How many times do I have to say this?!?!?! Just stop spreading misinformation, Jesus Christ!!!

Please stop strawmanning me, it's getting really old dude. For someone who keeps arguing against logical fallacies that seems to be one you like to use a lot. Didn't say that either when you brought up the 4v4s, but you know that. You just don't care anymore and you want to win the argument.

your refusal to step outside your viewpoint does not not make my statement a straw man (google it maybe. I am responding directly to your quote. If you dont see that im responding to a quote and attempting to get you to think about the game over simply "being right". I know crying strawman (or simply not reading posts because they are too long) is your silver bullet, but that does not make this a straw man. It is simply a response to a quote at a greater level of abstraction (consistent with the quote and your previous statement in this very thread about 4's balance and the reluctance to change him because he is only "mediocre" in 1's).

It seems like you just need to keep track of your arguments better chief.

JibletHunter
06-16-2017, 06:26 PM
My god! Numbers!?!?!?!? Run for your lives!!!! Facts are going to kill us!!!!! But our feelings will save us, don't worry!!!!

Any where are you getting you knowledge of cent since you have never played him?

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:31 PM
your refusal to step outside your viewpoint does not not make my statement a straw man (google it maybe. I am responding directly to your quote. If you dont see that im responding to a quote and attempting to get you to think about the game over simply "being right". I know crying strawman (or simply not reading posts because they are too long) is your silver bullet, but that does not make this a straw man. It is simply a response to a quote at a greater level of abstraction (consistent with the quote and your previous statement in this very thread about 4's balance and the reluctance to change him because he is only "mediocre" in 1's).

What reluctance? Where are you seeing reluctance? I'm saying they have to be careful, I'm not saying don't balance him until the game is dead like you said, so yes you are strawmanning me.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:32 PM
Any where are you getting you knowledge of cent since you have never played him?

Didnt say I've never played him for one and two my sparring partner plays him. Plus I've read the frame data and watch tons of for honor videos. Not to mention just me fighting him on a daily basis in game.

Antonioj26
06-16-2017, 06:36 PM

Ok let me ask you something. So if someone is complaining about valks sweep killing you from 100-0 should I just continue to let them believe that and pass around that misinformation?