PDA

View Full Version : A few things For Honor could learn from Injustice 2

cragar212
05-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Hey just figured I'd post a few things Injustice 2 released with that could improve player experiences in For Honor. I'm not going to bother with the obvious stuff like ranked, proper netcode, proper combos, reasonable balance etc.

1 - Guild system - Great way to promote community play and competition. Everything from guild dailies, rankings, customization, events etc.

2 - Character Sheet information - IJ2 has way more moves then FH. Yet every move has all its values listed. This includes damage, speed, startup, recovery etc.

3 - Proper training mode - Give us programable bots. This game has worst training mode I have ever seen.

Anyways just a few things that could be easily changed and would improve the player experience imo.

Needless to say I'll be focusing on IJ2 for awhile atleast. I hope FH can turn it around!!!

Oupyz
05-21-2017, 12:28 PM
let them sort out the crap balance and the bad design unblockable on some character first . sadly no IJ2 on pc yet :/

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:35 PM
I have to confess, I used to like DC but I've been off them since the whole Killing Joke anime thing. Still, decent ideas there I think.

DrExtrem
05-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Point three is the most important one if you ask me. Followed by point two. We need actual values and how they are effected by gear.

Thumbs up.

XxHunterHxX
05-21-2017, 01:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8FWC5c3.jpg

SnugglesIV
05-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Hey just figured I'd post a few things Injustice 2 released with that could improve player experiences in For Honor. I'm not going to bother with the obvious stuff like ranked, proper netcode, proper combos, reasonable balance etc.

1 - Guild system - Great way to promote community play and competition. Everything from guild dailies, rankings, customization, events etc.

2 - Character Sheet information - IJ2 has way more moves then FH. Yet every move has all its values listed. This includes damage, speed, startup, recovery etc.

3 - Proper training mode - Give us programable bots. This game has worst training mode I have ever seen.

Anyways just a few things that could be easily changed and would improve the player experience imo.

Needless to say I'll be focusing on IJ2 for awhile atleast. I hope FH can turn it around!!!

All of these suggestions are quite reasonable, except for your initial statement. For Honor is NOT like other fighting games. It was never meant to be like other fighting games. We don't need the same combos that games like SF, Tekken, Injustice, MK, KoF or BlazBlue have. The Art of War system is a deliberate departure from those games. For Honor's combat and "combos" should be distinct from these games.

XxHunterHxX
05-21-2017, 02:07 PM
All of these suggestions are quite reasonable, except for your initial statement. For Honor is NOT like other fighting games. It was never meant to be like other fighting games. We don't need the same combos that games like SF, Tekken, Injustice, MK, KoF or BlazBlue have. The Art of War system is a deliberate departure from those games. For Honor's combat and "combos" should be distinct from these games.

Yes i do enjoy the super sayan mode that revenge gives me

SnugglesIV
05-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Yes i do enjoy the super sayan mode that revenge gives me

Well, that wasn't mentioned in the OP's post so I didn't feel the need to bring it up.

cragar212
05-21-2017, 03:03 PM

Combos dont have to be like other fighting games. I'm not a fan of the current FH spam system. Turtling until you get a parry and then spamming vortex is a poor combat system imo.

Lord_Nirgal
05-21-2017, 03:09 PM

mmmm
mmmm
mmmm
Shinobi?

smoke teleport, sub-zero slide, sonya back kick, scorpion spear... and ofc the various fantastic animation with lightning, fire wings, god rays and so on that are for every character.

I'm waiting for Ermac (i love that character) or for a Wizard... Ninja-Wizard!

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FO4rGj9ynH0Q%2Fh qdefault.jpg&f=1

XxHunterHxX
05-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Combos dont have to be like other fighting games. I'm not a fan of the current FH spam system. Turtling until you get a parry and then spamming vortex is a poor combat system imo.

That is something we at ubisoft dont talk about ! so Stop that ! next you will be going around saying that you want dedicated servers...crazy i tell you !

Vingrask
05-21-2017, 04:12 PM

Even so, this do not invalidade QoL features that other games have which For Honor could implement. Bad argument.

For Honor is a new type of game, never made before on that scale. It is being explored yet and there is a lot of things Devs are figuring out to improve. Just look how in just a few months they overhauled the entire stat system.

We should give ideas for them, ask for things we think could help the game, but we need patience. They are working hard to make this game great, nobody can deny that.

About the ideas, my opinions:

The guild system is something I think will in fact be a team system when the ranked drop, and I preffer that way, because create guilds diminish even more the importance of the factions. For Honor need make the factions more latent, more important, more needing of us, not the contrary.

A character sheet information, or these stats under the moves would be damn great, but when you look to much better consolidade fighting games like Street Fighter, that was never needed, at least not in the common player level. We can all live without that.

Training stage like big fighting games out there would be awesome. The gameplay for players like us who love practice and improve would skyrocket. It's almost a needed feature for ranked.

And my own suggestion since we are talking about improve the game, make the Faction War more important, more relevant. Give us hotspots and ways to show to the faction where we are placing assets. Make the assets who players didn't manually drop be distributed to everyone online at that moment (is it possible without demand too much server?).
The Faction War have a lot of potential to make players active and bring new ones. Planetside 2 was awesome with the buffs every territory give to the faction, look for ideas there.

UbiJurassic
05-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Injustice 2 definitely brings some interesting things to the table. I'll be sure to make a note of the ideas and suggestions in this thread. :)

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 11:37 PM
And my own suggestion since we are talking about improve the game, make the Faction War more important, more relevant. Give us hotspots and ways to show to the faction where we are placing assets. Make the assets who players didn't manually drop be distributed to everyone online at that moment (is it possible without demand too much server?).
The Faction War have a lot of potential to make players active and bring new ones. Planetside 2 was awesome with the buffs every territory give to the faction, look for ideas there.

I think that level of communication would help the faction war aspect of things, part of the reason the knights did so badly, apparently,was not allocating assets wisely, so communication of some kind would make people feel more involved and like they are pushing on the same targets.

SplugeKing
05-22-2017, 12:19 AM
mmmm
mmmm
mmmm
Shinobi?

smoke teleport, sub-zero slide, sonya back kick, scorpion spear... and ofc the various fantastic animation with lightning, fire wings, god rays and so on that are for every character.

I'm waiting for Ermac (i love that character) or for a Wizard... Ninja-Wizard!

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FO4rGj9ynH0Q%2Fh qdefault.jpg&f=1

Hahaha lol and mean while all my raider can do is punch

SplugeKing
05-22-2017, 12:20 AM
Injustice 2 definitely brings some interesting things to the table. I'll be sure to make a note of the ideas and suggestions in this thread. :)

I'm so gladall your posts end in happy faces it really makes me optimistic for the future of for honor 👍