PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Help

badger3k
05-21-2017, 12:09 AM
Getting back into the game, and I went to the story missions. Apparently I can't go to vikings or samurai without beating the knight missions. But when I get to the boss battle, I give up. I spent 5+ minutes dodging around until I finally killed all the wolves, then settle in for a duel with the boss, but surprise, more wolves. Thanks devs. You really learned from that last gentile-filled Deus Ex in how to design bosses, didn't you? Since there doesn't seem to be any way to block the attacks, and he attacks me at the same time they do..how do you win? I'm not going to spend another 5-odd minutes running around and defeating the wolves if they are only going to spawn back in. I guess the whole point of the story is that there is no honor, and there sure isn't in this battle.

Any help, or any way to get around this and continue with the story missions or am I stuck with this BS until I get a friend to do coop (assuming we can do the battle 2 on 6)?

Gray360UK
05-21-2017, 12:33 AM
You can block the wolves easily, and in fact that's the only way to kill them, as when you block them they fall down and you get a free one-hit kill on them.

You just need to kite the boss around for a bit waiting for the wolves to come, they obviously come from one of the 3 block directions so you know where to guard even before the red incoming blow indicator. Once one wave of wolves is down, focus the boss, rinse and repeat.

I recommend the heal and extra health feats as well so you can take a wolf hit or two without a problem.

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:38 AM
I did the mission on realistic mode, I didn't even know you could block them until they killed me five times lol and if it is the one I remember I had to do it again because of what comes after.

Gray360UK
05-21-2017, 12:41 AM
I did the mission on realistic mode, I didn't even know you could block them until they killed me five times lol and if it is the one I remember I had to do it again because of what comes after.

I'd already done it on Normal and Hard before I got to Realistic so by then I was a campaign master and knew what to expect :)

And yes, you remember right ;)

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:49 AM
I'd already done it on Normal and Hard before I got to Realistic so by then I was a campaign master and knew what to expect :)

And yes, you remember right ;)

I hated that guy with a passion by the end of it, I only did storymode because I wanted the engravings lol

UbiJurassic
05-21-2017, 01:23 AM
You can block the wolves easily, and in fact that's the only way to kill them, as when you block them they fall down and you get a free one-hit kill on them.

You just need to kite the boss around for a bit waiting for the wolves to come, they obviously come from one of the 3 block directions so you know where to guard even before the red incoming blow indicator. Once one wave of wolves is down, focus the boss, rinse and repeat.

I recommend the heal and extra health feats as well so you can take a wolf hit or two without a problem.

Great advice, Gray! Thanks for helping him out. I'm actually going to make a note of your advice for myself as well. :)