PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened.....

thapsycho
05-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Before the new season came out i could handle 2v1s and 1v3s that was pretty easy to do but now that season 2 has dropped in it seems like all the players just want to keep playing together.... i don't remember the last time that i fought someone alone in dominion and it looks like i lose waaaay more health than i did before i don't know why you guys also added the option to be grabbed while rolling... that was just stupid of you guys..

SkatGameManic
05-20-2017, 04:08 PM
before season 2, it is not hard to fight against 2 or 3 guys at dominion or skirmish.

but in season 2, it is impossible to fight against 2 or 3 guys if at least one of them are centurion or shinobi

Bracus_Maximus
05-20-2017, 04:13 PM
before season 2, it is not hard to fight against 2 or 3 guys at dominion or skirmish.

but in season 2, it is impossible to fight against 2 or 3 guys if at least one of them are centurion or shinobi

You mean only shin and cent can stunlock you if you are against 2? Are you kidding?

Felis_Menari
05-20-2017, 04:14 PM
The defense stat may very well be rendered completely ineffective by defense penetration. Not even bleeds are hammered so hard by max debuff resistance, so this definitely is an unusual turn of events.

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 04:19 PM
The defense stat may very well be rendered completely ineffective by defense penetration. Not even bleeds are hammered so hard by max debuff resistance, so this definitely is an unusual turn of events.

I think people have a misconception about the Defense Penetration stat. In Ubisofts updated description they made it clear that your % of Defense Penetration is deducted from their Defense. So if they have 10 Defense and you have 20% Defense Penetration, you remove 2 of their Defense and they now have 8. if they have 5 Defense you will remove 1 and they will have 4, and so on.

Felis_Menari
05-20-2017, 04:27 PM
I think people have a misconception about the Defense Penetration stat. In Ubisofts updated description they made it clear that your % of Defense Penetration is deducted from their Defense. So if they have 10 Defense and you have 20% Defense Penetration, you remove 2 of their Defense and they now have 8. if they have 5 Defense you will remove 1 and they will have 4, and so on.

Well if that's how it works then that's fine. I've only been able to go off of forum info; no internet, spotty phone service, so watching the dev streams is not an option right now.

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Well if that's how it works then that's fine. I've only been able to go off of forum info; no internet, spotty phone service, so watching the dev streams is not an option right now.

Have a look here mate, the 'more on stats' section in particular:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-290879-16/this-week-in-for-honor-5182017

Felis_Menari
05-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Have a look here mate, the 'more on stats' section in particular:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-290879-16/this-week-in-for-honor-5182017

Thanks! Totally forgot about attack no longer affecting bleed damage.

Yarzahn
05-20-2017, 06:31 PM

Direct Quote from Ubisoft's description:
"your Hero ignores as much of the opponent’s Defense as the value of the Defense Penetration"
They also said the same explicitly on the Warrior's Den they explained the item rework. Defense Penetration directly nullifies defense, POINT FOR POINT. 15 defense penetration against a target with 15 or less armor, makes him have 0 armor and take 100% damage.

Each point of defense is 1% damage reduction (except against feats and bleeds). Each point of defense penetration removes one point of defense. If the enemy has 0 defense, then penetration does nothing.

This is what we KNOW at the moment.

So if you max defense on all your 3 pieces of gear (15% defense), I can completely counter it with only ONE piece of gear as the SECOND stat. Penetration is completely broken at the moment and it makes defense meaningless.

I still need to know a few more things:
1) Can armor become negative and make me take increased damage, if I sacrifice defense on every gear piece.
2) Can penetration affect feats (like warlord, shugoki and peacekeeper damage mitigation.

XxHunterHxX
05-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Thing is people cry about revenge to good to have ubi please nerf it...NOW !!! and now that they did.....you cry that you cant 2-3 v 1 people in 4 v 4 ?? relly ? how about you play as team ?? or just play 1 v 1 ? people cry about evry little thing now a days they cant do anything they need something to help them....be the best rather then practice and play the dam game pff

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1671989-How-to-beat-shinobi-relly-ez-and-make-the-kick-useles-!-ubi-dont-Nerf-hem

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 07:51 PM
This is what we KNOW at the moment.

This is what you THINK.

20% reduction to their Defense fits the description you quoted just fine, despite you quoting it as if it somehow makes what I said wrong, it doesn't. The description does not make a % or point distinction, all we KNOW is that our Penetration stat IS a % value.

You are changing the value into points to suit what you think. I am 99% sure you are totally wrong. As others have said, no one would have Defense if you are right and a player has max Defense Penetration. It would be a no brainer to max it and they were trying to avoid no brainer stats that everyone takes.

As you said yourself, if it was how you think it is, it would be broken and meaningless. That's why I believe you are wrong.