PDA

View Full Version : Is the multiplayer scene totally dead?

pirate1802
05-20-2017, 11:03 AM
I started up uplay after a long, long while last night and started checking out the AC games that were installed. I couldn't find a single session across ACB,R, III and IV. The last time I checked was in october and I could still find a few sporadic sessions in AC IV, but now absolutely nothing. So is the MP dead?

andynaruto10
05-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Aww, the nostalgia... Unfortunately, Brotherhood and Revelations are kinda dead, although sometimes I find matches in Revelations. AC 3 should be active 'cuz now everybody has it since Ubi gave it for free, and AC 4 is the latest one, so there should be matches. Weekends should be more populated.

White.Gandalf
05-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Unity is pretty populated cuz 1) it's been 70% off recently and 2) people's hardware is catching up . 1060 3gb + 16gb ddr4 ram get me 43-48 fps at 1080p ultra in single player (with vsync on and 4*AA on), 32-35 fps in multiplayer.
If you ever need someone to help you collect sync points - friend me, i know most of them. Legendary sans-culottes gear (hence hardcore stealth gameplay, mostly) and legendary military bracers (for +7 of each blade type). Also depending on mission, can turn on group healing / ammo refill / group disguise

Lignjoslav
05-23-2017, 12:56 AM
I can confirm that, while there are a lot fewer active players than there used to be, finding a game in AC III at any time should not be a problem.

EDIT: I wish I could find people for Brotherhood, though. Those maps were so beautiful!

DSD27
05-23-2017, 01:22 PM
The good multiplayer was the one in AC Unity, I really enjoyed it. I hope they do it aagin, and improve of course.

pirate1802
05-24-2017, 05:35 AM
I can confirm that, while there are a lot fewer active players than there used to be, finding a game in AC III at any time should not be a problem.

EDIT: I wish I could find people for Brotherhood, though. Those maps were so beautiful!

I wish the same, for Revelations. It was my first AC multiplayer and the nostalgia I get just by thinking about is overbearing. It sucks that the multiplayer (actual MP not coop) went down under, there is nothing like it on the market, where you have to use social stealth (as opposed to LoS stealth) to win. It was very unique. Good to hear you can still find games on AC III though. I'll try it out. Thanks!

NetTakogo84
05-27-2017, 11:28 PM
I played for two hours with a full lobby in ACB today, so the MP is not dead yet. It's best to try on weekends.

Lignjoslav
05-31-2017, 09:40 AM
ACB? AC: Brotherhood?! Seriously?! I'll have to check it out. I changed ISP-s and my router and I can't seem to get the AC III MP to work right (NAT level medium) and that affects matchmaking, it's possible I have the same problem with Brotherhood.