PDA

View Full Version : why do you play elimination to 1v1 seriously i want to know why

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
05-20-2017, 10:40 AM
i literally do not understand
i know you aren't blind
i know you can use your eyes
haven't you seen 99% of players win a 1v1 then move on and 2v1 someone?
have you or have you not you seen the 4v1 that happens at the end of every single match? when 3 of you duelers died trying to duel because you're bad at dueling?
DO YOU or DO YOU NOT know that there is a duel mode? there is also a brawl mode.
see, when i see the worlds Elimination
and the game mode is named that
i use my brain and think, we are supposed to eliminate the other team
i dont think
"hmmm this is definitely 4 separate 1v1 duels"
it blows my mind that people honestly think thats how its supposed to be
i'm not saying theres one way to have to play
but the fact that 99% of people cant use their brains and think both ways makes me want to explode
thats one of the main reasons i stopped playing for almost half a year
i feel like some people are so disconnected with the game modes.
seeing people in dominion kill each other/die over and over and over again while the enemy has A B and C taken over and are 500 points ahead
seeing people 1v1 and die 3 times in a row while the enemy team are 3v1 and 4v1 the entire game
seeing people run into 4 other players all working together in skirmish one at a time and dying one by one instead of waiting to group up
it honestly is the most cringy experiences in gaming to see things play out like this
i hate that the developers even make you start out like that in the first place
so can someone tell me
why do you 1v1 in elimination mode when duel exists and when brawl exists
the best of all fights ive ever had in for honor have been when 4 people vs 4 people in elimination mode
that is some of the best experiences in gaming period
why do you 1v1
why do you ruin it

Jin....
05-20-2017, 11:04 AM
because they are from fighting games like tekken. they planning to drive honor into 1on1 game and think it's best. don't follow the way they have made..

Egotistic_Ez
05-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Well the original design of elimination was winner moves on, so 4 1v1 duels to start, hence the name. But like most other things in the game it was done half assed so now it's just skirmish where you spawn in separate locations.

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Well the original design of elimination was winner moves on, so 4 1v1 duels to start, hence the name. But like most other things in the game it was done half assed so now it's just skirmish where you spawn in separate locations.

Even the bots run off to gank your team mates sometimes ;)

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 01:02 PM
The Honor crowd is pretty vocal about their relentless 1v1 scenario. I thought I got rid of those turd-burglers when I left MMOS. I remember getting a couple kills on a player in a row and next thing I knew, I was gettign spammed with "LOL U NOOB, U CLASS OP, COME 1v1 ME BRO!" all because they got pissed I killed them in a team match. I personally would like to see more balance being made on the part of 4v4 as opposed to 1v1, THAT is where the "This class OP".

And that's another thing, players need to be far more clear on what is happening, where, and in what type of match. Case and point I am pretty good at skirmish, ok at elimination. **** at dominion and it's a toss up on duels and brawls. Depends on my match up. IF you complain about particular class issues, and you are saying somethings OP, this will help us find a way to actually help you. Since 80% complaints about OP topics are likely L2P issues.(now this is coming from a player that has not once claimed any class as OP or being broken, I learn to play before I talk ****, and I am in no way shape or form an expert at a game that's been out well under half a year.)

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Oi leave brawl alone >.> that is the only team game with no feats, gear stats or boosts, I play it 2v2. They have their duel mode -_-

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Oi leave brawl alone >.> that is the only team game with no feats, gear stats or boosts, I play it 2v2. They have their duel mode -_-

I agree, I think they need to add a few new game modes, though. And maybe one supporting up to 6-8 players on each side? I want bigger match up!

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 01:11 PM
I agree, I think they need to add a few new game modes, though. And maybe one supporting up to 6-8 players on each side? I want bigger match up!

I just want something to get the honour lot off of brawl so they legit have no excuse to be there >.>

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 01:19 PM
How about a Ladder mode? it puts you into a map with 8 people, and each of you are sectioned off into you own little safe space where you can have isolated duels without interruption untill all the matches are over and each player gets to move up to the next contestant. Also, the map should be done in the theme "Hello Kitty Island Adventure"

ALso, inb4 these player rage about fights taking too long and turtles ruining their respectable killing matches.

CAR0.
05-20-2017, 01:27 PM
The only contribution I have is the order that asks for 10 honorable kills in elimination mode, other than that if you would like to 1v1 there is a game mode for that :)

SJW_Kriegor
05-20-2017, 05:00 PM
"why do you 1v1 in elimination mode when duel exists and when brawl exists"

I play with two friends. We have more fun dueling (let's be honest, any 2 or 3v1 is so boring) but we can't go to duel or brawl because we are 3.

You're welcome.

Knight_Gregor
05-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Maybe they're just guarding the bodies if they didn't get an execution?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Because duel mode has boring map choices.

It also makes me happy to know that it makes people like you furious and pissed.

Yarzahn
05-20-2017, 06:46 PM
why do you play elimination to 1v1 seriously i want to know why

What the f*** do you care how I play my game? If you don't want to duel in elimination, then you are free to run away like a little b*tch. Then I'm free to either chase you or go find another duel to mess up.
Win-Win, we both do what we want.

The fact remains that when the round starts I am placed in front of an enemy. Unless we are in terrible terrain (like point C in overwatch), I'll proceed to smash his face in, because the objective of Elimination is killing sh*t, and here I have a chance to turn a 4v4 into a 4v3 by doing my job.
If you don't like it, you are free to run away. Go collect every map buff for all I care. The second you run, I'll either backstab you (if I'm faster) or I go 2v1 your team mate. Or if you happen to run the right way towards our team mates, I will do both.

Helnekromancer
05-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Just give me a game mode that says *NO HONOR* so players know coming into this mode you can expect the DIRTEH-EST of play. :D

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
05-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Because duel mode has boring map choices.

It also makes me happy to know that it makes people like you furious and pissed.

it doesnt bother me i duel a lot. it bothers me that people on my team dont stop dueling when they lose 3 times in a row and are getting 4v1 ganged up on at the end of the round. Thats the problem. i'm not saying theres one right or wrong way. But theres definitely a time and place for it. 99% of people end up ganging up the second they win a duel. That can be easily avoided by meeting up for a 2v2, or a 3v3. Those are the best fights ive ever had. That shows true skill being able to fight off multiple opponents at once and thats what really separates this game from other fighting games like mortal kombat

Sir_rage_quit
05-20-2017, 11:50 PM
it doesnt bother me i duel a lot. it bothers me that people on my team dont stop dueling when they lose 3 times in a row and are getting 4v1 ganged up on at the end of the round. Thats the problem. i'm not saying theres one right or wrong way. But theres definitely a time and place for it. 99% of people end up ganging up the second they win a duel. That can be easily avoided by meeting up for a 2v2, or a 3v3. Those are the best fights ive ever had. That shows true skill being able to fight off multiple opponents at once and thats what really separates this game from other fighting games like mortal kombat

i agree with you 3v3 or even 4v4 in elim are the best fight i got too ( btw no im not a joke ok !!!!!!! )

CoyoteXStarrk
05-20-2017, 11:53 PM

I was mostly being sarcastic.

I don't actually play duel mode lol Though it really does have crappy map choices

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
05-20-2017, 11:54 PM
i agree with you 3v3 or even 4v4 in elim are the best fight i got too ( btw no im not a joke ok !!!!!!! )

nice name you fine fella

KyleTessada
05-20-2017, 11:58 PM
What the f*** do you care how I play my game? If you don't want to duel in elimination, then you are free to run away like a little b*tch. Then I'm free to either chase you or go find another duel to mess up.
Win-Win, we both do what we want.

The fact remains that when the round starts I am placed in front of an enemy. Unless we are in terrible terrain (like point C in overwatch), I'll proceed to smash his face in, because the objective of Elimination is killing sh*t, and here I have a chance to turn a 4v4 into a 4v3 by doing my job.
If you don't like it, you are free to run away. Go collect every map buff for all I care. The second you run, I'll either backstab you (if I'm faster) or I go 2v1 your team mate. Or if you happen to run the right way towards our team mates, I will do both.

And this right here ^^^ is the point. Don't like it? Play a different match. Better yet just quit playing all together.

UbiJurassic
05-20-2017, 11:58 PM
While I don't encourage you to watch your teammate die in the name of honor, every player has their own playstyle that they bring to the table. Some like their games to be all-out brawls, while others expect to have structured engagements against their opponents.

EDIT: I will, however, endorse watching a viking teammate die though. He wanted to go to Valhalla anyways. ;)

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:01 AM
While I don't encourage you to watch your teammate die in the name of honor, every player has their own playstyle that they bring to the table. Some like their games to be all-out brawls, while others expect to have structured engagements against their opponents.

Yes which is why the structured engagement folk need a game of their own so the rest of us don't have teammates turning on us for not letting the other person kill them lol >.>

Gethseme
05-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Only issue I have is when I'm obviously on the ropes and my mate doesn't step in to save me and help me finish my opponent off, then proceeds to die when my opponent cancels the Execute, turns on my mate, and kills him, losing us the game.

THAT is rage inducing.

bmason1000
05-21-2017, 01:12 AM
I definitely like the 1v1 aspect of that initial round start. I don't like the runaway as soon as it starts to gank technique, but once my initial opponent's dead the gank is on. I do it and i expect the other team to do the same. If one of my team mates dies i fully expect to get jumped by the guy who killed him.

bmason1000
05-21-2017, 01:14 AM

EDIT: I will, however, endorse watching a viking teammate die though. He wanted to go to Valhalla anyways. ;)
If one of my team mates said "i let you die because valhalla," is be okay with that hahaha

pancakerz
05-21-2017, 01:26 AM
there are 2 reasons I like duels in elim

1)The community aspect. I like to chat and joke with people. And with only 1 other person, Duel mode can get pretty boring in that regard.
2)It's fun. A gank will lead to an easy win. That's no fun. I'd rather lose and have a good time than win for the sake of winning. It's like how I could mod single player games to give myself infinite hp and uber powered weapons, but that's just not interesting.

3) Not really a legit reason, but it reminds me of Gears of War matches, which had a great community back during the first game.

Felis_Menari
05-21-2017, 02:41 AM
Someone put forth the idea of having the eight combatants in an elimination match separated in four locked off areas, starting with four 1v1s that cannot be interfered with (though it would be nice for early winners to view the nearby fights). Winner of a contest hits a switch, opens a gate or destroys a barrier, and the next fight begins. If a player is at a numbers disadvantage, they hit a switch that opens the path for one enemy to move in. If they survive, they hit another switch. Could be an interesting alternative to elimination (I think elimination as is should stay). Let's call it lockdown, eh? ☺

Vordred
05-21-2017, 03:19 AM
It's For Honor, not With Honor.

my rule is the same in every game mode, be it Brawl or Dominion.

if i come across a teammate fighting. and he is winning, i stay out of it. and either watch or move on to the next team mate/capture point. as me getting involved gives revenge and more chances for something to go wrong.

if said team mate is losing or struggling, i jump in.

RoosterIlluzion
05-21-2017, 08:12 AM
I can agree with you except I'd prefer to fight my opponent until you see me about to get dead, that's when I'm cool with teammates jumping in. I do the same for them. But that's usually when I'm doing orders. If I'm just playing elimination for fun, it's 4v4 balls to the wall, smoke em if you got em, kill steal from me if you want.

RoosterIlluzion
05-21-2017, 08:14 AM

Even the bots run off to gank your team mates sometimes ;)

Say, maybe ubisoft could add a true elimination mode, bracket style, for season 3? Bigger rewards for winner and runner up.

RealJayDee1984
05-21-2017, 04:29 PM
I'd like to see a variant of Elimination mode where the starting positions and everything are the same, but every player is essentially a team of their own, wearing their neutral colors. There can be only one, and all that.

RoosterIlluzion
05-21-2017, 04:37 PM
I'd like to see a variant of Elimination mode where the starting positions and everything are the same, but every player is essentially a team of their own, wearing their neutral colors. There can be only one, and all that.

Sounds good, but then groups should not be allowed. That'll lead to gank city.

RealJayDee1984
05-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Sounds good, but then groups should not be allowed. That'll lead to gank city.

Well, ultimately there would only be one winning player and seven losing players in any case. Which probably might not make it too popular a mode.