PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi kick on console

Capoupacap
05-20-2017, 10:05 AM
I know the shinobi kick has been mentioned during the stream.

I feel the motion of the character very interesting and love to fight against the two new character but the shinobi kick is mostly a bit to quick (especially on console) and should be just slightly more avoidable by dodging. It's a week now we play against the two new character and shinobi now use mostly only this motion that is highly rewarding considering the damage if it connect.

so before considering massive nerf, I would rather say it should just be slightly adjust ;)

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 10:08 AM
I know the shinobi kick has been mentioned during the stream.

I feel the motion of the character very interesting and love to fight against the two new character but the shinobi kick is mostly a bit to quick (especially on console) and should be just slightly more avoidable by dodging. It's a week now we play against the two new character and shinobi now use mostly only this motion that is highly rewarding considering the damage if it connect.

so before considering massive nerf, I would rather say it should just be slightly adjust ;)

Just get rid of the hyper armor and it's perfect, honestly what sense does it make for a ninja to have hyper armor? He's probably the smallest character in the game aside from the female only characters but even then I think it's pretty close

DerHerbman
05-20-2017, 10:23 AM
The problem I have with the kick is that it seems that they can follow with a light attack much to quick on console. So here is the scenario: I doge the kick and want to do a GB but instead I land the GB the shinobi hits with a light attack. Is that intended?

DrExtrem
05-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Its the general problem of fast heroes.

Fast heroes are king on console.

Bracus_Maximus
05-20-2017, 12:17 PM
The problem I have with the kick is that it seems that they can follow with a light attack much to quick on console. So here is the scenario: I doge the kick and want to do a GB but instead I land the GB the shinobi hits with a light attack. Is that intended?

So why not do a light attack first after you dodge or if you play an assassin class its even more easy with the side.dodge attacks. I got outplayed always if i ever opened with a kick against for ex a good berzerker.

DrExtrem
05-20-2017, 12:37 PM
**** this game on console. Really.

Just had a botmatch with a valk, an orochi and surprise the new shinoobi on the enemy team (level teo and three). Bot-cheese and light/unblockable spam at its best. Ultra fast attackers, that use their optimal attacks and parry your lights. Even if you manage to hit them once in the game with a shoulder charge, they don't even get knocked back. They only stumble half a meter and are ****ing you up hard, before you recover. Best thing is, when the shinoobi starts kicking you with perfect timing and not even the fastest attack possible can stop them.

Its not a fun game to play. It's 95% cheese and speed

IesooMI
05-20-2017, 03:28 PM
I play on Xbox and have zero problems reacting to it, aswell as the people I play against have zero problem. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I really is a L2P and go hit practice for a few hours.

Egotistic_Ez
05-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Kick is easy to dodge even on console. There's an argument to be made in dominion with cc spam being op, but that isn't specific to shinobi kick.

The real question though is "why are you dodging it in 1v1?" If he lands the kick he follows up with either ranged heavy (parry to instantly win) or ranged gb (cgb to instantly win).

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Kick is easy to dodge even on console. There's an argument to be made in dominion with cc spam being op, but that isn't specific to shinobi kick.

The real question though is "why are you dodging it in 1v1?" If he lands the kick he follows up with either ranged heavy (parry to instantly win) or ranged gb (cgb to instantly win).

The heavy is confirmed how many times does this have to be said? No half decent shinobi is going to give you a free heavy by doing a ranged gb

Oupyz
05-20-2017, 04:37 PM

the heavy is confirmed afte the kick , like he said

Capoupacap
05-20-2017, 10:02 PM
I think a proper tweak on this kick would be to be something like this:

- Just make the timing to avoid it by dodge a bit more easy.
- Cost of stamina has to be more important

The issue with this kick is that it's (again) used as a vortex that is very difficult to manage except maybe for heroes that has a dodge/attack capability.

On the other hand, while under revenge this kick become nearly impossible to manage

CoyoteXStarrk
05-20-2017, 10:05 PM
I have an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

CHawkins27
05-20-2017, 10:11 PM
The shinobi kick isn't any harder to dodge than the Centurion jab. The kick is a great opener for the turtle players. I think any alterations to the kick will make it useless, and then so does the character itself.

That_guy44
05-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Why does he need hyper armor though?

dekot11
05-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Why does he need hyper armor though?

I think they need if or the move can be useless. people can just light attack on second dash and completely bypass it and the 50/50

dekot11
05-20-2017, 11:30 PM
I think they should make recovery longer though, guarantee just a light

UbiJurassic
05-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Appreciate the feedback everyone. We've seen a lot on the Shinobi kick lately and we'll continue getting that feedback over to the team.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-20-2017, 11:37 PM
Appreciate the feedback everyone. We've seen a lot on the Shinobi kick lately and we'll continue getting that feedback over to the team.

All joking aside it wouldn't be so bad if everyone else had as good of an opener as that.

The kick is just head and shoulders about everyone elses opener so people are throwing a fit.

That_guy44
05-20-2017, 11:48 PM
All joking aside it wouldn't be so bad if everyone else had as good of an opener as that.

The kick is just head and shoulders about everyone elses opener so people are throwing a fit.

+1

The new characters automatically jumped to atleast mid tier on the basis they have openers.