PDA

View Full Version : User Interface question/suggestion:

El Turo
03-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Just about any time I have a question on how to fix something in the game or to make the game behave in a different configuration, I (and others) are told to go into the root files with notepad to make our adjustments/additions.

Why aren't these things adjustable IN THE GAME settings?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Detail levels, gore settings, arcade "comic" bubble mode, adding/deleting aircraft from campaigns, assigning specific "roles" to each aircraft in these campaigns..

Among the other items that ONLY can be adjusted within the root files manually with notepad.

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL

El Turo
03-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Just about any time I have a question on how to fix something in the game or to make the game behave in a different configuration, I (and others) are told to go into the root files with notepad to make our adjustments/additions.

Why aren't these things adjustable IN THE GAME settings?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Detail levels, gore settings, arcade "comic" bubble mode, adding/deleting aircraft from campaigns, assigning specific "roles" to each aircraft in these campaigns..

Among the other items that ONLY can be adjusted within the root files manually with notepad.

El Turo
03-24-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm suprised no one else finds this to be a worth while addition!

Snap-pan view speed, graphical detailing settings.. why not have them in the user interface?

=/