PDA

View Full Version : Discussion for the non complainers.

IesooMI
05-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Anybody else actually finding the matchups against the DLC chars not that bad now that we are a few days in. I've got a few reps on cent and shinobi and after playing them I find them incredibly easy to counter. Cent seems to be incredibly punishable if you just side step, left dodge seems the most consistent for the kick and right dodge for the punch. A good raider eats him alive and imo I can see him being mid tier in a few weeks. Shinobi is a different animal all together, but I wouldn't say OP by any means, strong with a good kit but not op, those ranged attacks are a death sentence at high lvl play. You can immediately tell a good shinobi from bad, dodge the kick and if they still throw the heavy boom easy parry punish and bad shinobi. Once you have the timing down it's also very easy to just trade heavys with his kick (berserker is amazing at this with his top heavy using hyper) and shinobi can not make a living trading with his small pool. I've played some of my warden against them both and it's usually a walk in the park, hell even easier now that the 2 new chars can't roll out of GB, now that's a real damn vortex. Thoughts from some of you players also working them out and adapting to them quick? And for anyone coming here to cry OP, stick to your MMR where people can't even CGB.

*i base these things on 1v1 and 2s where the skill is, there's no difference in 4s where shugo,lb, warden, warlord, and nobushi can just as easily CC

darksavior1977
05-19-2017, 09:59 PM
Canturion is all forward at ya, with small range, if you dodge at all, he becomes easy. Shinobi is distracting at first, but after a day you will recognize his patterns, and becomes relatively easy as well. His kick is annoying, however, consider a raider needs to only hit him like twice before he is dead. His health pool is dramatically bad, so keep swinging with fast attacks if nothing else, Shinobi cannot win on trading hits EVER.

IesooMI
05-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Canturion is all forward at ya, with small range, if you dodge at all, he becomes easy. Shinobi is distracting at first, but after a day you will recognize his patterns, and becomes relatively easy as well. His kick is annoying, however, consider a raider needs to only hit him like twice before he is dead. His health pool is dramatically bad, so keep swinging with fast attacks if nothing else, Shinobi cannot win on trading hits EVER.

Thank you for showing me there's a few more rational players out there who embrace a new fight after 3 months of seeing the same stuff

UbiNoty
05-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Hopefully once people have had some time to acclimate to the new heroes they'll be able to get a better feel for how to play with, as well as against them. For Honor has always had a bit of a learning curve and new heroes can mean learning how different match-ups work.

I do understand how there are certain moves that can be abused in 4v4 and the debate around them. And we're watching this closely - but like we've said before, balance for a hero in one game mode can be being weaker or stronger in another game mode. It's why balancing can be so tricky since you have to take all modes into consideration.

Anyways (with my random tangent over) thank you guys for sharing your thoughts!