PDA

View Full Version : The Division - Pre-ETF Charlie Survey

mattshotcha
05-19-2017, 04:40 PM
As mentioned during the State of the Game stream on Thursday, we want to gather feedback from the community ahead of the Elite Task Force taking place next week. In order to do so, weve put together a survey wed love for you to fill out.

This survey is meant as a way for The Division community to express their opinions on specific subjects that will be discussed during the ETF Charlie workshops. Please note that only because something is mentioned in this survey does not mean that it is coming to the game or even planned.

On the flipside, just because something is not mentioned in the survey does not mean that it is not coming or not being discussed by the development team. The questions and options in the survey are included because we know several of them are often discussed in our community, though we sadly cannot cover everything.

You can find the survey (via SurveyMonkey) here: The Division Pre-ETF Charlie Survey (http://ubi.li/z2u9g)

Thank you!

/The Division Development Team

DesignerGirlX
05-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Done! I feel like question #14 was a trick question though! :cool:

DualKnives
05-19-2017, 06:42 PM
Really good suggestions on this survey. If these are possibilities, the future for this game is quite bright. One tidbit of information I would like to give is if there is ever a new gear score increase, I HIGHLY agree that we need a gear score increase but only if we get a batch of new exotics, gear sets, weapons and other gear. If there is ever an addition of new gear I think a gear score increase is absolutely needed. My thought is, why even introduce gear score if eventually one part of your fanbase cries they don't want to reacquire their min maxed gear and then you decide on your own to never add another gear score increase. I do really think a gear score increase is super important for longevity but again, ONLY if we get new gear to grind for. I'm really hoping to see a slew of new sets, exotics and weapons coming this year. I understand you don't want to ruin the almost perfect balance we finally have now, but if we could test the sets and see how strong they really are before launching it into the main game, then I think we'd be fine.

Zer0d3viDE
05-19-2017, 07:41 PM
good survey.

but i swear to god : if zombies will added to the division,i will INSTANTLY delete the game from my harddrive

Demiz3r
05-19-2017, 08:26 PM
From this survey, it looks like a map expansion and new story missions are back on table. I hope its true.

MonsterOfMyOwn
05-20-2017, 08:48 AM
I quite not understand the purpose of a new GS level and new gears / weapons. There are so much underused contents in this game. I'd really like to "farm" for super 90, M249, M1A, M870, AK47, T821 and use revamped talents and game mechanics.
There is so much to do with DLCs, story missions (a legendary general assembly !), gear talents, weapons talents and skills that would give the game fresh new air !

There is also a lot to do about threat and suppression :
- "suppressed" is not a good game mechanic a the moment, the duration is too short for a real CC effect, it doesn't work with NPC out of cover.
- increased threat is not a good game mechanic at the moment because 1HKO melee make it too dangerous, and because the NPC behavior seems to be defined before spawning and they barely change (run through a whole room to 1HKO melee...)

1.6.1 will be great to sort things out, increased inventory size and loadout will help tuning our set-up, but many questions implied undesired game content that nobody asked for... I'm a bit puzzled about it.

What about new WT, new GS, no changes in the DZ meta appart from new faction (zombies)... :p

Y0L01989
05-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, I'm just gonna throw in my opinion for 3: If you could only do one, then it's a waste of time to re-balance, only yo then bring new stuff in the future to break that balance again. Try to bring balance with new content. It's a win-win *wink*

SilverRivet13
05-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Great survey. One thing I'd like to add. I don't have a problem with a GS increase, IF, there is a way to increase the GS of Exotics. Exotics are the only reason why I don't want a GS increase.

Maybe, dismantle an exotic get 1 "exotic part". Use 5 exotic parts to level up an Exotic weapon.

Just a thought.

Jonas.PT
05-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Good survey? For god sake. I always see the wrong questions asked. New Weapons? New Gear? New ... What about the story? The story you left behind? What about pve content? What about doing something about cheaters? And please don't come here with story's about you don see cheaters anywhere , they are everywhere in pvp , everyday. Then you say , oh but we launched survival , and last stand and bla bla bla. Survival was a copy paste of a lot of survival games out there with scenarios already done , nothing really new, but funny to play. Las stand , same thing , funny to play , without cheaters. You are always changing stuff , now you have to focus on armour , then you have to focus on health , then you have to focus on the color of your pants , now the smg are the best , then assault rifles , then throwing rocks , come on guys , you have to know where you want to take the game , where you want to go , what do you want from the game , you really don't know , that's what you are showing in all this past year. You have a great platform , a great story to explore , great graphics , great mechanics but you are ruining it , and its a shame , because it got a lot of potential. Start doing a good job guys.

Maverick_CW
05-20-2017, 05:10 PM
Great survey. One thing I'd like to add. I don't have a problem with a GS increase, IF, there is a way to increase the GS of Exotics. Exotics are the only reason why I don't want a GS increase.

Maybe, dismantle an exotic get 1 "exotic part". Use 5 exotic parts to level up an Exotic weapon.

Just a thought.

This, I agree with! For the same reason. About 1/4th of my stash is Exotics (even if stats & talents are useless to me, I tend to horde them). If there's a GR increase, I'd rather not feel obliged to chase down the newest GS Exotics until I feel ready/am geared with more essential guns/gear to chase after them; especially if I already have one or more that I really love/is of high use to me. I'd gladly sacrifice all the extras taking up prime real estate in my stash to upgrade those few favorites! Maybe add 'x' amount of weapon kits (why do we have different kinds of "weapons kits", IE. weapon, fabric, tool, ect., if we can't use them for such a purpose? Beside, as far as I know, very few people even use ATM) to the upgrade.

Agt.Kowalski
05-20-2017, 05:49 PM
zombie add to the Underground ? why Not...

modedmarauder
05-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Oh Zombie that sounds good

And I believe on u guys .. I know if u r gonna add zombies it'll be perfect.

KEEP UP

a7x000
05-20-2017, 07:25 PM
I selected other; however, no matter what I wrote it would not let me submit. Yes, I kept it within 50 characters as well.

a7x000
05-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Its not Call of Duty. Lets try and keep the game as real as possible and less fantasy ********.

RushLoongHammer
05-20-2017, 11:47 PM
My ultimate dream for the Division is for more advanced version of level 1-30 in the late game.

Mass player interaction and cooperation

Increase the RPG aspect of the game. More customization, gear visuals through design and effects, more creative skills, and more ability to mix and match gear to get kool effects.

mckrackin5324
05-21-2017, 12:59 AM
All year 2 content is free for everybody.
Spending a bunch of time and resources on Underground,Last Stand and Survival would make that statement an instant lie.

Just sayin'

shadRc.
05-21-2017, 04:20 AM

Just a thought.

Nice idea!. i agree.

Fernando_Poe
05-21-2017, 04:34 AM
if you want to attract more players make an anti cheat to this game its like you guys dont give a damn about cheating in this game

Fernando_Poe
05-21-2017, 04:40 AM
i agree with you but thats not possible at this point maybe in the division 2 and the dev must focus in creating a solid anti cheat. having a huge amount of cheaters in game is not good and not fun at all

Fernando_Poe
05-21-2017, 04:53 AM
Please save the game from mass cheating. In asian servers majority of the players are cheating here are some of the famous cheaters 1.amazingnewbie 2.beha 3.wanted group and many more its like you guys dont give a damn about the mass cheating in the game :(

N7-Capt.Future
05-21-2017, 11:27 PM
The Elite Task Force is a joke right?
Why do you not against Cheaters and Hackers?
Why are people invited to ETF for second time? WHY?? Exactly these people bounce into Facebook.. perfect ... !!

The players do not interest you..right?
I love this Game, but the Time is coming, where i delete it

xcel30
05-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Just separete even more the PVP and PVE balancing, the balance on both ends are horrible, the RPG part of game feels grindy and unalanced, the shooter part feels broken with certain mechanics not being used properly due again bad balance, not many gear is truly relevant since most things have one meta pick that are simply better than others, the console balancing leaking into PC balancing and vice versa makes everything even more weird, and the lack of story to continue makes the game look like it was made with a sequel already in planning so the players is running around in circles with nothing new to do plot wise since no changes happened

DaGranMasta
05-22-2017, 12:59 AM
My only issues with the survey was the gearscore options. It didn't have a option for a infusion system so I had to say no to a gear score increase if ya'll add that in then I 'm fine with it.

and no questions about hackers being ban or as a option of something ya'll should really focus on but maybe ya'll have some plans for that already.

Killga_NG
05-22-2017, 10:24 AM
I would actually love to see zombies of the NPC factions in a large Central Park area...

SkyNet....
05-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Surveys, surveys surveys. Actually do things and be seen to actively do it

Anti-cheat needs sorting out as DZ is full of them. I go in there simply for the weekly then leave it and I enjoy PvP in other games.

I do not see a map expansion nor additional storyline so why add these questions????? Are you trying just to keep players interested and throwing this out as a hope people will believe you????

Don't keep 'nurfin' everything - look at boosting items. Make players feel stronger with different gearset/weapons/skills. Stop 'nurfin' PvE items just because it plays havoc in PvP. Separate PvE and PvP completely and have different gear sets for the PvP DZ Area.

You need to now be seen to add quality things to the game in Year2 or, as I see it, it'll never reach Year3 with any real player-base at all.

bigblondeviking
05-22-2017, 03:18 PM
Survival Mode needs more than 2 things fixed.

Some of my Survival Mode wants:

randomize loot spots
randomize enemy spawns (LZ and DZ)
randomize paths ( block off some streets / subways , make it so we can't go straight to the DZ )
randomize make it so you can not use mapped routes ( first 3 items will help with this
allow DZ enemies to drop gold gear/guns as well as caches, ( so if we get to a cleaned out DZ we are not stuck with purple gear trying to extract )
roaming DZ bosses like the LZ Flashlight groups
allow some DZ enemy to respawn ( helps in a cleaned out DZ )
why do i never see enemies warming by the fire barrels or sheltering in buildings... ( add that, its cold for them too )
use the hunter faction more!!!, spawn a hunting party when there are 2-3 players in DZ
give us option to re-queue after death, without having to load up the terminal...

the game mode needs some love, I loved it before i memorized the map :(

stryfe..
05-22-2017, 04:06 PM
I love the ideas that are in that survey and I hope the answers I given are the top tier ones, if so, a lot of great changes to be seen in this game.

thrillseeker75
05-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Oh Zombie that sounds good

And I believe on u guys .. I know if u r gonna add zombies it'll be perfect.

KEEP UP

Zombies please!

Whether its an expansion, new dark zone levels 10-13 that only has zombies or make the zombies only come out at night or in the subways but please introduce zombies, it will be freaken awesome!

ATG_WIZz
05-23-2017, 03:30 AM
OMG DO NOT MESS WITH THE GEAR THE SCORE AGAIN!!

It ruins the game and disadvantages anyone but the super dedicated who have no life outside The Division and spend most of the day playing it!

Every time the gear score changes you have to farm all over again from scratch, having done this multiple times since the games release and each time just as I was getting some good pieces together, I'm at that stage again trying to make just 1 good build the way I want it and you want me to start over again, screw that!!

In the beginning higher gear scores were good but 14 months later I want to farm the best gear and sit back and enjoy it, I certainly do not want to start farming all over again for new gear with good rolls when I don't even have the best gear now after well over a hundred hours farming since 1.6!!

stryfe..
05-23-2017, 02:03 PM
You do realize that the amount of loot that drops is insane compared to older updates? It doesn't take someone that plays the game 20-40 hours a week to gear up with a new gear score.

sfreemanoh
05-23-2017, 07:51 PM
The lack of gear isn't what's killing the game, it's the lack of new content. My friends and I stopped playing months ago 100% because doing the same exact missions over and over got boring as hell. Add new content (and NOT just a couple 15 minute missions, or the ability to re-play old missions with new "modes") and you may get people back. Anything else is just a stop-gap measure.

TAC-338
05-24-2017, 05:21 AM
Hi Matt,
I might be a little off topic but there is a serious problem that must be looked at. I am from Australia , which means i am connected to the Australasian servers for The Division. For the past Month + , myself and many many more players are having a really hard if not impossible time Matchmaking to Last Stand. 99% of the time, we are thrown out of matchmaking as we have been waiting for over 30 minutes !!!. This is totally understandable as we are just sitting there watching our screens for 30-40 minutes for a matchmake.
I had also commented about this on reddit but, alas, it has /had fallen on deaf ears.
A few players on reddit politely invited us to team up with them and to connect onto the U.S servers. Well, the wait was 2-3 Minutes !!!!.
Otherwise Last Stand is inaccessible for us Aussie players.
If i have posted in the wrong section, or if i have taken up your time , i apologise. But i do not know what else to do.
cheers from Australia