PDA

View Full Version : Why everyone is crying about centurion?

Kraxers
05-19-2017, 03:11 PM
He is too damn good on dominion but on 1v1 he is not good at all. There is nothing you can do if you are turtling. Every move of his is dodgeable and all of them gives you free gb. Is this a new "conq shield bash heavy attack is undodgeable" thing. I play against a lot of centurions on 1v1 and he is nothing but a bad 1v1 class.

kweassa1917
05-19-2017, 03:54 PM
He is too damn good on dominion but on 1v1 he is not good at all. There is nothing you can do if you are turtling. Every move of his is dodgeable and all of them gives you free gb. Is this a new "conq shield bash heavy attack is undodgeable" thing. I play against a lot of centurions on 1v1 and he is nothing but a bad 1v1 class.

Which naturally means more people play Dom, doesn't it? :)

Most players whining about the new classes are average/below average joes, just like me. Except after long years of playing games I've got no fantasy about my skill level, except for most of these young 'uns, they still think "I'm not exactly super, but I'm pretty good..." mentality.

So if they think they're pretty good, but they keep losing to new classes, then they arrive at the conclusion "there's nothing wrong with me.. .so it must mean the new classes are stupid OP."

Go easy on 'em. Players like these, and me, are around 70~80% of a game demographic.

Dr-KaBoom
05-19-2017, 03:56 PM
Most of the complaints are about 4v4.

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 04:05 PM
They cry because they die....Mad rap skills son! :cool:

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Which naturally means more people play Dom, doesn't it? :)

Most players whining about the new classes are average/below average joes, just like me. Except after long years of playing games I've got no fantasy about my skill level, except for most of these young 'uns, they still think "I'm not exactly super, but I'm pretty good..." mentality.

So if they think they're pretty good, but they keep losing to new classes, then they arrive at the conclusion "there's nothing wrong with me.. .so it must mean the new classes are stupid OP."

Go easy on 'em. Players like these, and me, are around 70~80% of a game demographic.

9/10 times I agree with you but just like prenerf revenge these characters are utter nonsense and again just like prenerf revenge I'll adapt and abuse them until they fix them.

Jos3phhdz89
05-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Becouse they are so bad playing this game...

Yeah its anoyying see a bunch of centurion's all over your face in 4v4 but like I been saying since season 2 came out, centurion has a very open window to punish him, but oh well I'm not gonna waist my time on that point...

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Becouse they are so bad playing this game...

Yeah its anoyying see a bunch of centurion's all over your face in 4v4 but like I been saying since season 2 came out, centurion has a very open window to punish him, but oh well I'm not gonna waist my time on that point...

Joseph no matter how many times you say it's only bad players complaining it won't be true. I'm saying it's horse hit and I'm not a bad player. I'll prove it to you when you stop being a coward and duel me.

kweassa1917
05-19-2017, 04:34 PM
9/10 times I agree with you but just like prenerf revenge these characters are utter nonsense and again just like prenerf revenge I'll adapt and abuse them until they fix them.

I didn't say they were perfect, and I do agree some of the skills, combos are.... how do you say.. excessive.

The design is sort of "unfamiliar" territory in FH in that both new classes are heavily into guaranteed-damage combo chains. So, whereas in "traditional" FH characters the fights have a slower rhyhm based on give-take of singular attacks, those two have longer "one chains to another" types which are difficult to counter. So, where as in "traditional" FH, if you fail defense you get damaged, with the new classes, if you fail defense it's just non-stop one-sided beating that makes people feel helpless. :rolleyes: So I do certainly understand -- while not agree to -- why many average players complain they are OP.

But even me, an aging, slow-reflexes, average guy is beginning to adjust to them in 4v4. 3 days ago, at launch, I thought they were OP as well. 3 days later, my eyes and muscle memory are finally adapting to those. I bet the real, more competitive players were able to adjust to them in day 1.

Honestly, are they really such a big threat in 4v4? Since I don't use UP+UP spam classes much, for me nothing's different.

When you're being ganked, a Lawby shi* does the exact same pancake flipping spams, shove spams, gut-spearing lameness over and over... a Valk does the exact same KD KD KD KD KD spams... headbutting madness... shouldercheck madness.. demonic bearhugs... etc etc... so no, I don't feel anything "different" or more threatening even if its 4v4. Although, I'll admit that being that done by a Cent feels a lot more "dirty" when you're pummeled by them. It's probably their class design... the looks, the "attitude" and the "swagger"... so it all feels more personal.

So it's more infuriating than the Lawb who is pancaking you mechanically like a truckstop cook, when a Cent whose attitude is like a "heel" wrestler does all that swaggering around and then throws you to the ground with that aerial pounces and shi*...

...but is that really "threatening" the 4v4 in any way? I don't think so. The only thing they threaten is your anger management -- I'll give you that :D

Jos3phhdz89
05-19-2017, 04:35 PM
Send me your id, Im on ps4

Herbstlicht
05-19-2017, 04:39 PM
People dislike loosing control. It was there before, it just got worse. So of course people complain. Doesn't mean he is imbalanced or whatever, just that people that loose a fight without any real or even illusional hope of retaliation don't like this way of loosing. And it is completely valid.

Think of those "old, golden days" - we played a melee-brawler, carved and slashed our way to victory. Now, at times, you barely swing your sword at all. This sucks. So people cry. Simple.

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 04:41 PM
Send me your id, Im on ps4

Alyssaa-3 I'll be on around 6pm pacific time

Jos3phhdz89
05-19-2017, 04:46 PM
I think I saw you before around there in duels =|.. I'm gonna added you right now!!

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 04:47 PM
I didn't say they were perfect, and I do agree some of the skills, combos are.... how do you say.. excessive.

The design is sort of "unfamiliar" territory in FH in that both new classes are heavily into guaranteed-damage combo chains. So, whereas in "traditional" FH characters the fights have a slower rhyhm based on give-take of singular attacks, those two have longer "one chains to another" types which are difficult to counter. So, where as in "traditional" FH, if you fail defense you get damaged, with the new classes, if you fail defense it's just non-stop one-sided beating that makes people feel helpless. :rolleyes: So I do certainly understand -- while not agree to -- why many average players complain they are OP.

But even me, an aging, slow-reflexes, average guy is beginning to adjust to them in 4v4. 3 days ago, at launch, I thought they were OP as well. 3 days later, my eyes and muscle memory are finally adapting to those. I bet the real, more competitive players were able to adjust to them in day 1.

Honestly, are they really such a big threat in 4v4? Since I don't use UP+UP spam classes much, for me nothing's different.

When you're being ganked, a Lawby shi* does the exact same pancake flipping spams, shove spams, gut-spearing lameness over and over... a Valk does the exact same KD KD KD KD KD spams... headbutting madness... shouldercheck madness.. demonic bearhugs... etc etc... so no, I don't feel anything "different" or more threatening even if its 4v4. Although, I'll admit that being that done by a Cent feels a lot more "dirty" when you're pummeled by them. It's probably their class design... the looks, the "attitude" and the "swagger"... so it all feels more personal.

So it's more infuriating than the Lawb who is pancaking you mechanically like a truckstop cook, when a Cent whose attitude is like a "heel" wrestler does all that swaggering around and then throws you to the ground with that aerial pounces and shi*...

...but is that really "threatening" the 4v4 in any way? I don't think so. The only thing they threaten is your anger management -- I'll give you that :D

I agree that you can adapt to a certain extent but that extent is as far as It does against pk warlord and warden and imo less than them

CommanderCrud
05-19-2017, 04:52 PM
I wonder what the percentage of people who defend these new characters have them.. The new chars. are out of control, I am easily smoked by lvl 4's (on a constant basis) while im on my prestiged 4 Zerker with 90 rated equipment. I'm not going to blabber on this much further because im sure there are adjustments to come, but for now..it's very difficult to enjoy ones self while getting smoked by something 85 levels lower than you.

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 04:55 PM
I wonder what the percentage of people who defend these new characters have them.. The new chars. are out of control, I am easily smoked by lvl 4's (on a constant basis) while im on my prestiged 4 Zerker with 90 rated equipment. I'm not going to blabber on this much further because im sure there are adjustments to come, but for now..it's very difficult to enjoy ones self while getting smoked by something 85 levels lower than you.

I legitimately don't think it's just people have the characters or even the majority. I just think it's people that are stuck in the "git Gud" mind set which I sorta understand. There really is a lot of whining on this board for attacks that don't need to be buffed or nerfed so that much saturation of salt has created the equal but exact opposite mentality.

Egotistic_Ez
05-19-2017, 04:59 PM

I own the new heroes and I'll defend the shinobi. He's fine as is (bugs aside). People just cry because they block his ranged attacks forever turtle meta style, rather than going for the easy parry and win. They also don;t bother looking up how kick works, and again just cry for no reason.

That said, the centurion as broken as **** in 4v4 modes, but I'm still on the fence for 1v1.

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Alyssaa-3 I'll be on around 6pm pacific time

Add Buhahh PSN I would love to have more ps 4 players on For Honor.

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 05:08 PM
I own the new heroes and I'll defend the shinobi. He's fine as is (bugs aside). People just cry because they block his ranged attacks forever turtle meta style, rather than going for the easy parry and win. They also don;t bother looking up how kick works, and again just cry for no reason.

That said, the centurion as broken as **** in 4v4 modes, but I'm still on the fence for 1v1.

But you don't need to be doing the long range attacks in the first place. If you aren't doing them they can't punish you for them. In terms of the kick you are being dishonest or you legitimately haven't realized it's strength. It's a low risk 50/50 with high damage

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 05:09 PM
Add Buhahh PSN I would love to have more ps 4 players on For Honor.

Sounds good my dude

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 05:11 PM
Sounds good my dude

I warn you my weekends I am mostly drunk! :cool:

Jos3phhdz89
05-19-2017, 05:18 PM
Shinobis are broken to in 4v4 bro' that R2+square and dose combos are so crazy about shinobis, I like both caracters and have fun against them, the only thing that makes me so salty and mad about this game, its the deam Lagg, people w/ orrible conections etc, etc..

But I think ubisoft don't give a *******about that, they never talk about that'

Some times it's so anoyying when I kill some one and the execution icons appear, and next second I see the other player alive and I'm almost die or already dead becouse of that little problem!!

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 05:19 PM
I warn you my weekends I am mostly drunk! :cool:

lol that's fine I'm going dry for awhile but if it wasn't for that I would be right there with you.

Jos3phhdz89
05-19-2017, 05:27 PM
You're main it's a lawbringer ??

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 05:28 PM
lol that's fine I'm going dry for awhile but if it wasn't for that I would be right there with you.

In that case I look forward to it mang! ^_^

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 05:29 PM
You're main it's a lawbringer ??

I honestly don't know who my main is, I use just about everyone except for the assassins , valk and nobushi

MysteryCookie
05-19-2017, 05:35 PM
We will see, I remember people calling lawbringer trash after getting his buffs. But look where he is at now.