PDA

View Full Version : Some advice & help vs Centurion requested

Herbstlicht
05-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Hey there, spend a lot of time fighting the new heros now. Digging some fights vs Shinobi, but regularely fail against Centurion. Not saying he is op, but he gets me with his charged heavys like ... a lot? I only parry 1 out of 10. Though I can already parry some lights and pretty much all heavys in game. I do know cent can delay his charged heavys, but do you guys have any advice how to better pull of the parry? I sadly can't rely onnthe indicator, it seems somewhat weird on console at times.

As a sidenote, I know you can dodge this or even dodge attack, but depending on the hero, dodges work arkward too. It works with assassin class and dodge side attack though, Valky does fine against it too. Only Kensei weirdly gets parried when side attack counterng oO guess his recovery frame is just so bad.

XxHunterHxX
05-19-2017, 10:58 AM
what i do when i fight hem i imagine hem as a conqurer......he is gona shield bash me = kick me or as a warlord he is gona jump atack me = jump charge thing....and w8 for them....vs centurion you can just spam hem with atacks you need to w9 for hem to atack you...he is the new best turtle in the game.....unles you ir like the shinobi that is like the only caracter that can fight hem even then its hard if the guy knows how to block/guard break you when you kick...

guffffff
05-19-2017, 11:42 AM
I think im too busy just looking at the new guys to remember to block and dodge lol, the anims are so cool

Herbstlicht
05-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Hmm, did not see him as a turtle yet. But depending on what I play (take Kensei) being aggressive kills you immediately. But for now, most Centurion are rather agressive, what is fun. I just struggle with my parry timing :)
However, training as i am writing this.

Duuklah
05-19-2017, 12:21 PM
They charge the heavy and release it when they like.. Good luck learning the parry timing. Its needs a huge NERF!

Herbstlicht
05-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Well, to be somewhat honest here. Right now, balance overall is completely ****. Completely broken. Some characters simply are not competetive at all and only a very few specific ways of playing will net you possible wins. However, besides maybe Centurion making Dominion somewhat more unfun as he should do, the game is far from unplayable. And with the change to defensive meta, where I bet my everything on, things might really change. In the meantime, I try to improve my game and just "suck it up".

I mean Shinobi is rather funny to play for example, though I did already decide to stick with Nobushi and Kensei. Going for the occasional Orochi and Shinobi when I get to feel sneaky.

But to go back on topic: Messing with timings, giving people new stuff to learn, it is not bad in itsself. I mean it will be bad when players can't figure it out after a week of practice. I practiced the third day now, I still struggle with parrying those heavys. Could be a console problem as well, that is why I asked for advice. For now, I can say it is possible. It is somewhat safer to dodge this, but depending on the follow-up actions and in my case Kensei's weird "you can't do **** after a dodge, your dodge attack might still get parried" makes this a rather risky proposition. And for Nobushi dodge is as safe or unsafe as parry anyway. Rather weird.

Mia.Nora
05-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Hey there, spend a lot of time fighting the new heros now. Digging some fights vs Shinobi, but regularely fail against Centurion. Not saying he is op, but he gets me with his charged heavys like ... a lot? I only parry 1 out of 10. Though I can already parry some lights and pretty much all heavys in game. I do know cent can delay his charged heavys, but do you guys have any advice how to better pull of the parry? I sadly can't rely onnthe indicator, it seems somewhat weird on console at times.

As a sidenote, I know you can dodge this or even dodge attack, but depending on the hero, dodges work arkward too. It works with assassin class and dodge side attack though, Valky does fine against it too. Only Kensei weirdly gets parried when side attack counterng oO guess his recovery frame is just so bad.

If your problem is the charge, you haven seen the least of it. Wait till you meet someone who plays it akin to LB who slowly gains on you by block/parry and measured kicks.

You will beg for the aggressive angry mob that mindlessly charge at you. He is broken OP when he turtles, because noone gets as much punish potential for turtling as a centurion does.