PDA

View Full Version : I need advise on returning to the series!

Shadow.A07
05-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Hi all

So I remember finishing the first assassins creed on the ps3 and after I quit the series for a few major reasons but the biggest was the running speed seems far slower and worse for me. At the time I assumed it was because of graphical limitations which totally turned me off.

Was I wrong? Is the running speed in all the games the same or did it get slower from the first edition of the game? I did try black flag and once again the running speed turned me off. I was thinking since I know have a pc that maybe there was a way to edit the running speed but then I though to myself that it would ruin missions where I chase people.

Secondly if I was too return how are the graphics of the first game on pc on max settings at 1440p? And if I was to start again which version would be the best too play? Lastly Ive seen time attack gameplay, get from a to b in a certain way in x amount of time. Ive hated time attack modes since the PS1 and Im wondering if there is a lot of this style of gameplay and is it necessary for game progress in most cases.

strigoi1958
05-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Running speed differences between games are not really important (and they all seem similar to me) In fact, slower running speed probably helps make it easier to time actions, like tackling a thief who is running away, jumping and dodging obstacles.

As you have pointed out correctly... running speed is only important when compared to people in the same game... if you run too fast it will ruin the mission. :) I'm like you, I do not like timed missions... but I get a real sense of achievement when I complete them because they feel more difficult to me.... But I do not feel like replaying them :) AC2 is regarded as possibly the best AC game by some AC fans.. but for me, all I remember is hours of frustration in the timed lever tomb missions :( which is a shame because it is a really good game

I play in 1440p and all the games should play in 1440p here's a youtube video showing how amazing the first AC game looks (even now, 10 years later :) ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVmkFXUDe_g

As for timed levels... I cannot really remember any after AC2 apart from one (and I cannot remember which game, maybe AC3 or AC4 black flag) where you have to catch someone before they get to a gate. There are several chases in the games and thieves to catch but usually these are not timed.

If I were to start playing these all again, I would start at AC revelations then play all games since then, but Ubi has some great bundle deals now so people can buy the whole series (I think) and start from the beginning which is nice.... but if you do.... you might want to skip the tombs in AC 2 :)

Enjoy your gaming