PDA

View Full Version : I need advise on returning to the series!

Shadow.A07
05-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Hi all

So I remember finishing the first assassins creed on the ps3 and after I quit the series for a few major reasons but the biggest was the running speed seems far slower and worse for me. At the time I assumed it was because of graphical limitations which totally turned me off.

Was I wrong? Is the running speed in all the games the same or did it get slower from the first edition of the game? I did try black flag and once again the running speed turned me off. I was thinking since I know have a pc that maybe there was a way to edit the running speed but then I though to myself that it would ruin missions where I chase people.

Secondly if I was too return how are the graphics of the first game on pc on max settings at 1440p? And if I was to start again which version would be the best too play? Lastly Ive seen time attack gameplay, get from a to b in a certain amount of time. Ive hated time attack modes since the PS1 and Im wondering if there is a lot of this style of gameplay and is it necessary for game progress in most cases.

JWRK
05-19-2017, 10:32 AM
I don't find the characters run more slowly.

The cities do get bigger so it takes more time to run across them.

I'm not that interested in graphics so can't comment on the rest. It looks fine to me.

cawatrooper9
05-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the streets in Syndicate are a whole lot wider than ACII's Florence. Partially because they're trying to be more strict about the 1:1 ratio, partially because... well, that's just kind of how cities developed over that change of time and place. Given that change, it's gonna feel like you're going a lot more slowly.

SixKeys
05-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Yeah, the running speed hasn't changed, probably just feels that way due to the reasons stated above.

As for AC1, I play it on max at 1440p. You have to keep in mind it's a 10-year-old game, so obviously it shows its age in some parts, but IMO it still looks great after all these years. Superior to the console versions in textures and scaling. PC version has always had a few extra missions that are not found in console versions, though these are nothing special.

By time attack do you mean QTEs (quicktime events)? Only AC2, AC3 and AC4 (somewhat) have made heavy use of those. In most titles they're rare. If you mean races (get from A to B in X amount of time), each game has them, but most of them are optional side missions.