PDA

View Full Version : Characters that can fight centurion very well(from my experience)

kumanchik
05-19-2017, 07:55 AM
so from my time playing centurion ive noticed a lot of the characters can punish centurion very well so im gonna list a few that ive seen do well feel free to list more so they are: all the assassins can fight him quite well, kensei, raider, and valk mostly b/c they have dodge attacks that can be done as a centurion kicks or jabs im still on the fence with nobushi and LB but they may work hope this helps a little bit 🙂👍

The_B0G_
05-19-2017, 01:30 PM
I find LB is too slow for Cent, I switched to kensei and I win most fights against Cent now. The problem with him is if he gets one hit in you get smashed with a never ending vortex.

Herbstlicht
05-19-2017, 01:49 PM
Amazing, how do you do this? I love Kensei too, but I feel I can not do a thing against him when he is passive or plays safe. Everything except top light gets parried and feinting leads to cent just pushing those heavys. They are faster then feint into anything ...
Maybe it's just my luck with those opponents though. Or it is my still too high solo rating that does originate from a time where you could do a lot with Kensei and Nobushi. Dunno

Gensui.Musashi
05-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Cent easy kills: Shugoki, Nobushi, Valkyrie

medium difficulty: PK, Raider, Warlord, Berserker

hard difficulty: Warden, LB, Conq, Orochi.

so the best is to take a warden or something. cant say anything about ninja yet. Never fought against a kensei. (just my experience)

TheLastPandaa
05-19-2017, 02:10 PM
I find LB is too slow for Cent, I switched to kensei and I win most fights against Cent now. The problem with him is if he gets one hit in you get smashed with a never ending vortex.

I find very interesting what you just sayed because for me is the other way around. In my opinion LB is a natural counter for the centurion with no effort at all. How do you play your LB?

Neversetdrums
05-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Any characters that have a dodge/sidestep attack should have a step up against this character. They can dodge his kick, and their sidestep attack can deny the follow up charged heavy. The only thing I would mention to those playing those characters is that, I believe that the cent can cancel mix-up that side heavy into a GB. I've done it a few times, but it's a very very tight window to do it. But if they do, they can then land a charged heavy, and go into the knockdown ground stab combo, so just be wary of that mind game.

Neversetdrums
05-19-2017, 02:35 PM
That just makes me wonder about people constantly talking about the turtle meta. There is literally no reason to play defensive as a centurion. Too many offensive tools. It's meant to go offensive. There's no reason a cent should just be waiting around for attacks, since they can apply pressure offensively.

TheLastPandaa
05-19-2017, 02:43 PM
That just makes me wonder about people constantly talking about the turtle meta. There is literally no reason to play defensive as a centurion. Too many offensive tools. It's meant to go offensive. There's no reason a cent should just be waiting around for attacks, since they can apply pressure offensively.

I did not play with the centurion yet, but i spent a looooot of hours training vs the lv3 bot and aplying what i learned on pvp. That being said, i think you are right when you say he has some tools to open a fight. BUT none of them are really efective. Your best chance as a centurion is precisely turteling because all your openings are very esaily countered with a HUGE punish. Centurion gets it max potential out of parrys.

Blasto95
05-19-2017, 02:47 PM

He doesnt have so many openers...He just has one or two good ones. Defense is still the way to go. Parry for free Damage, wait for your opponent to whif or mess up and punish. Theres no going around the defensive meta until they seriously nerf the free Parry damage.

ArcheDemonm
05-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Amazing, how do you do this? I love Kensei too, but I feel I can not do a thing against him when he is passive or plays safe. Everything except top light gets parried and feinting leads to cent just pushing those heavys. They are faster then feint into anything ...
Maybe it's just my luck with those opponents though. Or it is my still too high solo rating that does originate from a time where you could do a lot with Kensei and Nobushi. Dunno ˆˆ

same, you can mixup him all day, but any one mistake is 50% of health at the very least. Its ********

Neversetdrums
05-19-2017, 02:48 PM
I did not play with the centurion yet, but i spent a looooot of hours training vs the lv3 bot and aplying what i learned on pvp. That being said, i think you are right when you say he has many tools to open a fight. BUT none of them are really efective. Your best chance as a centurion is precisely turteling because all your openings are very esaily countered with a HUGE punish. Centurion gets it max potential out of parrys.

I suppose I'm just a berserker in Roman armor then ;)

The_B0G_
05-19-2017, 03:45 PM
I find very interesting what you just sayed because for me is the other way around. In my opinion LB is a natural counter for the centurion with no effort at all. How do you play your LB?

I just find that with Cent you need to keep him at a distance, once he gets in close you get wrecked as a LB, the vortex of unblockables never end. Stamina drain is high on some of those too. When I use Kensei he is quick enough to dodge around Cents attacks, with LB the Cents tracking still gets him half the dodges.

ImmortalBeaver
05-19-2017, 04:15 PM
As a Valk main, I'd note that the only way a Valk "counters" Centurion is when the Centurion is an awful player who doesn't know how to dodge the incredibly telegraphed, horrifically punishable sweep. I'm pretty sure a Centurion who did know how to play against Valk could dodge and punish with the Centurion ultra combo of doom and either kill or take the majority of Valk's health. Valk is no more a counter to Centurion than chucking one off a ledge - the Centurion has to screw up in the first place to let you take them out so it's not a reliable counter.

kumanchik
05-25-2017, 12:34 AM
As a Valk main, I'd note that the only way a Valk "counters" Centurion is when the Centurion is an awful player who doesn't know how to dodge the incredibly telegraphed, horrifically punishable sweep. I'm pretty sure a Centurion who did know how to play against Valk could dodge and punish with the Centurion ultra combo of doom and either kill or take the majority of Valk's health. Valk is no more a counter to Centurion than chucking one off a ledge - the Centurion has to screw up in the first place to let you take them out so it's not a reliable counter.

im a valk main and i kill cent no problem. i play on xbox btw

Antonioj26
05-25-2017, 12:46 AM

Just don't do the sweep, simple solution. I just picked up valk and have few problems with cent, you got just about every advantage on him.