PDA

View Full Version : Centurions, finally something I enjoy playing!

Air_Force_101
05-19-2017, 07:04 AM
I know most of the time people only come on to the forums to discuss balance issues, complain about issues and request certain features. However, I wanted to take the time out to thank you guys for releasing the Centurion and Shinobi. I was kind of in a weird place with this game, none of the classes had playstyles that I could really get into, I felt like most of them were either far to simplistic and linear, or their move sets were boring or spamable. But Centurion, and their interesting mixup combinations immediately struck me as interesting and fun, and required me to actively think when engaging opponents. I like the aggressiveness of the class, they are very in your face and offensive. After playing centurion I had an epiphany; this play style was what I had been looking forward to in this game before I even played it.

If anything, I think you should take the negative feedback on Shinobis and Centurions with a small grain of salt. In my personal opinion, I believe that most of the other classes would benefit from some skill reworking and adding more skills added to them in order to allow for a broader play style and more variety during the fight. This would help make each class feel less linear and less stagnate, and allow players to explore different combat strategies/keep other players on their toes. Would feel a little less meta-ish. But this is just my conjecture.

Anyways, I wanted to finish up with saying that Centurion has really lit a fire under me in terms of overall enjoyment in the game. Thanks for introducing two really fun classes! Looking forward to future content/new characters. (Legionnaire, with a shield and gladilus!)

CoyoteXStarrk
05-19-2017, 07:29 AM
Glad you found your main guy.

A game becomes so much more fun when you find your niche and start to Thrive. Took me awhile to decide, but I am a Beserker main.

Air_Force_101
05-20-2017, 04:18 AM
Coyote, I agree with you totally.

I will say after today's Centurion nerfs I feel a little disappointing with what they did. I know they needed a bit of a re-work, I will acknowledge they were tough to fight. With that being said, it now it feels like I'm playing in slow motion. The skill chain combos now feel like I'm swinging with exhaustion mode. There needs to be a little middle ground here with the changes in balance, it feels like the devs went full tilt 400% nerf mode, when it only needed a 25% adjustment. I was actually enjoying this class very much too.

Too slow, too slow, I think centurions issue was they had way to much stamina mitigation. In my opinion, their speed needs to be brought back (its what makes the class fun) and stamina drain needs to be lowered or removed altogether from a few of their abilities. Kick has a like 4000% increase in cast time, I'll go make dinner while my kick skill charges

I think the two new classes were implemented to beat the defense meta. But then their speed gets a major nerf forcing them to play much more defensibly.

All you had to do to counter Centurion was side step. Everything misses! But we don't even get a week before the hate train causes a League of Legend style dev nerf. Fix what was broken (guaranteed heavy attack, too much range on leap, kick spamming, too much stamina drain) but killing the classes strength and removing the main aspect that made the class fun (the aggressive attack speed pressure) is a critical crushing blow to the class. Minor nerfs for balance, not c4 style reworks (specially since the class isn't even available for a lot of players!)

Butonfly
05-20-2017, 04:51 AM
Lights should be the primary attacks used in a fight, followed by the odd heavy blended in. Then an assortment of GB's and alternative moves mixed in to keep a player on their toes.

Centurion came out of the gate with unblockables as his primary form of attacked with just as many followup heavies. Players didn't get to stay on their toes as all the built in stamina drain had them on their back if they weren't dead already.

I find it ironic your choice of "main" also happened to be the most blatantly OP and fastest nerfed hero in For Honor history. Rofl.

Air_Force_101
05-20-2017, 06:14 AM
I liked his play-style. His fast and aggressive fighting mixup satiated my appetite, and I feel like this is how the game was supposed to play, instead of people circling each other and just waiting for a parry. I could actually go on the offensive instead of just baiting a defensive meta block.

Like I said, I knew he needed some rework. Particularly, I think his primary problem is still his stamina mitigation. I didn't choose him as a main character because of the fact that he was op (I'm clearly acknowledging the fact that he needs some revisions) but because he was genuinely interesting to play, and not so linear, like the majority of the other classes in this game.

Make his kick not drain stamina. Increase the speed of his charge punch a little bit (it is so predictable now its practically worthless) I feel like he would be in a good place after.

That_guy44
05-20-2017, 06:22 AM
Centurion was/is a menace to society in 4v4. If they're are atleast 2 centurions on the other team, you bound to spend much of the match looking at a white screen or on your back. You won't get any attacks off in revenge because of him. He makes the other disablers seem like child's play. They right to tweak him. I bet they knew from the start he was broke.

UrWaifuAintReal
05-20-2017, 06:30 AM
Lights should be the primary attacks used in a fight, followed by the odd heavy blended in. Then an assortment of GB's and alternative moves mixed in to keep a player on their toes.

Centurion came out of the gate with unblockables as his primary form of attacked with just as many followup heavies. Players didn't get to stay on their toes as all the built in stamina drain had them on their back if they weren't dead already.

I find it ironic your choice of "main" also happened to be the most blatantly OP and fastest nerfed hero in For Honor history. Rofl.

You're aware that all of his openers are easily dodgeable and heavily punished, right? All of his lights are heavily telegraphed and easily parried.

Like, nobody actually uses the dodge button or pay attention to the animations, instead just look for indicator and react like a whack-a-mole game?

Air_Force_101
05-20-2017, 07:25 AM
You're aware that all of his openers are easily dodgeable and heavily punished, right? All of his lights are heavily telegraphed and easily parried.

Like, nobody actually uses the dodge button or pay attention to the animations, instead just look for indicator and react like a whack-a-mole game?

BOP IT! TWIST IT! PULL IT! PARRY IT! (lets not dodge it or evade it, not part of the game) :p

CaptainPwnet
05-20-2017, 08:10 AM

Wrong, only the knopckdown punch is heavily punishable. But it's also guaranteed if a charged heavy lands for the impale which is not easy to parry and also has insane tracking. Can you dodge it? yes you can but again it's the hardest heavy attack in the game to dodge cause it's tracking is a little ridiculous. Just to put it out there I think this is mostly fine. There should be more attacks with similar properties in the game so parrying isn't quite so easy.

Kick is not that punishable by most characters besides orochi/zerker/kensei/shinobi and is among the faster unblockables and also stuns. His lights are also not slow or telegraphed, they are 500 ms on par with pk/shinobi lights lol.

More on the knockdown punch from my experience as well, You can only side dodge it. But if there is any kind of terrain or wall or anything that hampers your side dodge in the slightest it still seems to hit. This is different from most unblockables in the game like for example LB longarm and valk sweep. With those 2 if you are cornered and have 3 enemies stuffing you into a corner you can still dodge those unblockables as long as you timed it properly you will simple dash on top of the attack and it will go right through you. On one occasion I have even forward dodged a valk sweep when she had me cornered. The cent knockdown punch says no to any of this, if your side dodge is not completed clean and unhindered it almost always hits you anyways and that's instant death in any 2+v1 situation.

Like what is the point of shugoki,valk, and LB while centurion is around? All cent has to do is charge up a heavy when his ally GB's, tech'd or not and let it rip and then it's game over. Knock down heavy plunge and 2 heavies from any ally nearby. This is just the simplest way he can end your life instantly in any team fight scenario it doesn't even take long and carries very little risk for the centurion and if your worried about his animation after the plunge getting you hit just don't do it and let your allies do the dirty work. He could even be fighting someone else in a 2v2 then charge a heavy and switch targets just before letting it rip and again GG.

Not to mention the charged stab impale also says "that's cute" to super armor and goes right through it. All other disabling unblockables again like sweep, longarm, shugo grab even are stopped by super armor so why is this one different? I even think the stab goes right through revenge parries lol. Not confirmed but I have had it happen more than once.

People need to stop talking about easily dodge this, slow that on cent because you are likely talking about 1v1. He is fine in 1v1 aside from his ridiculous and extremely overtuned GB/parry punish into damage for more free damage chains. Where he is broken, and yes I will say broken once you take into account his feats and team fight capabilities with his moveset, is team modes.