PDA

View Full Version : Killing off the casual player base.

xKrypticz
05-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Can you imagine if you only played this game on the weekends? I currently only have time to do just that. I was excited to see the previews for the new heroes especial the centurion with his thumbs up then thumbs down execution! I decided to download the update while getting ready for work yesterday morning(Xbox one) and wanted to try it out this morning. I was dumbfounded at the abilities these new heroes have. Played one dominion match on citadel...two centurions appeared and I thought this was great time to fight the new class! I was keeping my distance as it was two on one match up but held the zone contested until back up arrived. In conclusion I was punched and then all my stamina was gone and fell to the ground and got pounced on by not just one...but two centurions! I do not like the fact when you fall that all surrounded centurions can pounce on you like a lion. Also revenge mode does not interrupt their attacks or knock them down. The ninja on the other hand..I have no complaints about that class except the stamina drain kick.

Gray360UK
05-18-2017, 10:29 PM
As much as many people will be only too delighted to tell you it's just a get good / learn to play issue, making the game this unfriendly to walk into, requiring so much training / learning / being annihilated / felling like a victim before having any fun, is just going to put so many people off.

At the end of the day it should be fun first, earning a Masters Degree in The Art of PVP second.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 10:48 PM
it's mostly a matchmaking issue. not enough player base to constantly be matched against same skill opponents, which draws back casuals and makes the player base even tinier. it's like a vicious circle. they could go free to play to try to break out of it, transform business model to cash only cosmetics and compensate the players who paid for the game with the new in-game currency. not sure if they would have infrastructure for that though.

Anyway, I think they should really ought to look into the revenge response to centurion attacks problem. seems that's the biggest complaint from the people. at the moment fighting centurion while being outnumbered is never a good idea.