PDA

View Full Version : POOL - Did the new DLC made the game MORE fun or LESS fun?

DeLatv
05-18-2017, 10:03 PM
How do you feel about the game with the new DLC characters in the game?

Do you think they are good addition to the overall game, or bad?

Dr-KaBoom
05-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Someone peed in the POOL.

Vingrask
05-18-2017, 10:06 PM
You should put the game mode.

Except for the Centurion stamina drain, new heroes are totally fine in Duels.

So, more fun for me.

SetMySail4Fail
05-18-2017, 10:08 PM

So, more fun for me.

Same for me, however I do not like the way they changed the gearsystem. Bring back the old bars and add the percentages on top. Plus, I feel like it was unnecessary to change the stats.

tcs1991.ts
05-18-2017, 10:18 PM
More fun.

Mia.Nora
05-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Until I saw how exploitable shinobi is in 1v1 I was fine with it mostly; but no that kick;

- overrides other classes' unblockables, shinobi still landing attack while other staggering
- drains stamina on top of that
- is spammable with very little risk, because its recovery is still extremely fast even after he misses it

Since it is pretty much impossible to catch and engage them on your own terms, they dictate the whole fight with spamming kick, which is low risk high reward.

----------

Centurion is OP asf even in 1v1; but not by being aggressive. He is the best new turtle in the game in 1v1 at the hands of someone good with parry.

He parries you near a wall; you will get stuck in charged heavy > jab infinite until he is OOS. You lose control of character for whole duration.
He GB near a wall same.

He parry you in open, he GB > Light > Light > GB (throw). If you were not at max stamina when you did that, this till knock you on ground OOS and he will leap. Afterwards you are still OOS and he is on top of you.

If nerf doesn't come I will jump aboard the OP train, no need to play most of old rooster characters anymore. New characters are much more rewarding for executing similar mechanics compared to old ones.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 10:25 PM
New heroes are more or less fine in 1v1, but complete cancer in 4v4, especially Centurion. New patch made game way less fun.

Gray360UK
05-18-2017, 10:25 PM
Reserving final judgement, but so far, less. Then again I don't have the new characters yet so I am not enjoying annihilating everyone who is unable to get off the floor to do anything about my attacks ;)

We.the.North
05-18-2017, 10:39 PM
I enjoy playing against the Shinobi, in my eyes, he's strong and he hurts, but his low hp makes him balanced. You can actually really feel yourself punishing him when succesfully counter him.

Centurion on the other hand is a real cancer. Never has a turtle guard breaker been able to punish as hard as a centurion. He basically REALLY reinforce the ****in bullsh*t turtle meta ... while also being able to be an offensive powerhouse when he ganks 2v1 against someone.

So my vote goes to "no" since I'm seeing a lot more centurion and the frustration I get from playing against him far outweights the fun and challenge I have against shinobi players.

Dr-KaBoom
05-18-2017, 10:40 PM
I don't mind fighting Shinobi. Centurion on the other hand, especially in 4v4, my god what were they thinking...

Helnekromancer
05-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Less fun. I love 4v4 and 2v2 working with other people and fight when outnumbered, winning the odds. I 1v1 from time to time but its so boring and running into the same 3 people isn't fun. Running into 2-3 Cents every game is very annoying to play against and becomes so draining over time. It took me weeks if not months to learn my Nobushi and figure the ins n outs and I'm still learning new things but getting killed by 2 character who also have the "hard" difficulty when the one who used them haven't even gotten to lvl 15 yet is able to just wreck mains , it gets a bit ridiculous. If they are going to release broken fighters atleast give players a pick and ban phase. I know this game isn't a moba but there is no way to escape this bs other than taking a break from the game, which some players are deciding or just pick them but not everyone wants to play cheesy assassins.

If they had a pick and ban phase or limit the amount of clones to 1 like in brawl we wouldn't have this problem.

Sir_rage_quit
05-18-2017, 10:56 PM

So, more fun for me.

i agree they are fine in duel but in any 4v4 they are crazy good and may destroy the fun for other classe

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Until I saw how exploitable shinobi is in 1v1 I was fine with it mostly; but no that kick;

- overrides other classes' unblockables, shinobi still landing attack while other staggering
- drains stamina on top of that
- is spammable with very little risk, because its recovery is still extremely fast even after he misses it

Since it is pretty much impossible to catch and engage them on your own terms, they dictate the whole fight with spamming kick, which is low risk high reward.

----------

Centurion is OP asf even in 1v1; but not by being aggressive. He is the best new turtle in the game in 1v1 at the hands of someone good with parry.

He parries you near a wall; you will get stuck in charged heavy > jab infinite until he is OOS. You lose control of character for whole duration.
He GB near a wall same.

He parry you in open, he GB > Light > Light > GB (throw). If you were not at max stamina when you did that, this till knock you on ground OOS and he will leap. Afterwards you are still OOS and he is on top of you.

If nerf doesn't come I will jump aboard the OP train, no need to play most of old rooster characters anymore. New characters are much more rewarding for executing similar mechanics compared to old ones.

This is all truth...

So many liars out here.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 11:16 PM
If they had a pick and ban phase or limit the amount of clones to 1 like in brawl we wouldn't have this problem.

The only way you can really do either of those is if you don't have gear stats and even then you would need more characters like the level of variety you have in league of legends. There's only three characters I liked before these two extra came in and the one I like from this lot I am still getting used to, I only have one character in epic gear (was 108 before new gear). So taking an extreme example where both are in place as they are in LoL I get in, immediately my geared up character is gone because no one is going to pass up banning peacekeeper, so immediately I don't even have a blue gear score, someone snaps up the warden (somehow not banned) bang that is the character I am second most confident with gone, shinobi goes because I was going for warden first, then berserker goes...and that leaves me with no character I have any confidence playing in dominion.

UbiNoty
05-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Appreciate the feedback everyone - we'll be taking what you said here and using that when we do our post-release hero evaluation in 2-3 weeks.
We'll be looking at the numbers and feedback before making a decision on balance changes for the new guys in town.

We.the.North
05-18-2017, 11:47 PM
Appreciate the feedback everyone - we'll be taking what you said here and using that when we do our post-release hero evaluation in 2-3 weeks.
We'll be looking at the numbers and feedback before making a decision on balance changes for the new guys in town.

I dont know how the new guys do in duels / brawl ; but I can tell you how they are doing in Dominion :

Shinobi is fine. He is strong but definitely fun to play against and surely not unbeatable. I dont mind his unblockable kick. It is hard to dodge, but doable and you can still fight him afterward. You guys did an amazing job with that hero, I love him and can't wait to try him out in a week.

Centurion is sucking the fun out of dominion at an alarming rate. He is a turtle able to punish for way more than any other turtle while also able to go offensive on steroid in a 2v1 with his extremely good combo of unblockables that CC and damage way more than a Valkyrie can disable, yet at the same time being way safer for you and your teamates around you. In another tread I wrote, I already pointed out how dreadful it was going to be playing against turtle centurion and looks like I was right. That character reaches a low score of 1/10 when we play against him. I'm not calling him overpowered, I'm calling him a serious fun killer. Granted, I played 2 days against him (and DCed 90% of those games btw). Despite not being 100% familiar with the character, I can still pick up on how fun killer his mechanics are compared to other heroes.

Turtle : someone playing ultra defensively until you make a mistake and then, punishes you for way more than you were able to do to him before he countered you. This often leads to "starring contest" where nobody wants to make the first move.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 11:52 PM
Typical new DLC overreaction lol Happens in literally every PvP game.

*Insert Character here* has been released!!!

You lose to *New Character*

ERHMAHGERD NEW CHARACTER IS OP PLEASE NERF!!! WHY U RUIN THE GAME LIKE DIS DEVELOPER!??!?!

2 weeks later

Oh sorry I see my problem now. I just didn't understand how the new character worked and didn't understand how to fight it with my character. I see now after two weeks of playing that I was wrong. I will take this experience and apply it to my own playstyle in order to adapt to the new content.

But I can't admit I was wrong on the forums I will just move on and act like I never said those things :D

Dr-KaBoom
05-19-2017, 12:00 AM
I dont know how the new guys do in duels / brawl ; but I can tell you how they are doing in Dominion :

Shinobi is fine. He is strong but definitely fun to play against and surely not unbeatable.

Centurion is sucking the fun out of dominion at an alarming rate. He is a turtle able to punish for way more than any other turtle while also able to go offensive on steroid in a 2v1 with his extremely good combo of unblockables that CC and damage way more than a Valkyrie can disable, yet at the same time being way safer for you and your teamates around you. In another tread I wrote, I already pointed out how dreadful it was going to be playing against turtle centurion and looks like I was right. That character reaches a low score of 1/10 when we play against him. I'm not calling him overpowered, I'm calling him a serious fun killer.

Turtle : someone playing ultra defensively until you make a mistake and then, punishes you for way more than you were able to do to him before he countered you. This often leads to "starring contest" where nobody wants to make the first move.

I agree he gets way too much off of a parry. If he is going to be this turtle breaker than he needs to have the draw back of being a poor turtle himself. They need to go with the best defensive is a strong offense theme with him rather than I can do it all theme. I think the most he should be able to get off of a parry is a light attack. Maybe buff his turtle breaking capabilities even more but nerf him to have the worst parry options in return.

Divenity
05-19-2017, 12:04 AM
Typical new DLC overreaction lol Happens in literally every PvP game.

2 weeks later

I'd call this reaction justified, to centurion at least... being able to stunlock a player for 6 seconds off just landing a heavy is absolutely absurd.

Hormly
05-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Me and a few of the guys I work with had a 'meeting' in the break room today and pretty much collectively decided it was time to retire from For Honor.

I had lots of fun with this game but lately have felt like the end was drawing near, though cautiously optimistic about season 2 maybe breathing life and renewed hope to the game. All I can say is I went to bed after my first session in S2 feeling what can best be described as 'bummed out'. Im not sure if its any one thing or an overall feeling that the game is heading in the wrong direction, but I quickly got the impression that my spare time is probably spent better elsewhere at this point.

But just for the heck of it I'll sum up my opinions on season 2;

1- Gear stats: I like that gear stats are being reworked, and the overall effects of gear minimized (stats in a fighting game is stupid IMO), though a minor gripe would be how unclear everything is, a visual representation (bar) is sorely missed from season 1.

2- New maps: They add nothing new in terms of gameplay but more is always welcomed, theyre pretty. Not much to say

3- New modes: Their arent any. Id argue that their are less since 4v4s are no longer playable, more on that in a moment...

4- New characters: Boy oh boy does this sum up everything wrong with the direction this game has gone in. When I was first being sold on this game it was advertised as a very "reactionary" fighting game, less about robotic combo strings and more about watching your opponent, being mindful of distance and timing, patience, something akin to a real duel.

and then they threw these two characters in the mix and basically said 'F- ALL THAT SH- PREPARE FOR STUN LOCK'

These characters are so poorly designed it makes me think that the devs really have no experience with fighting games at all, did they even test these guys out?

IMO this game was nowhere near ready to add new fighters, as a general rule id say you should NOT increase your roster when your original lineup is in such need of reworking, I mean, how many characters can you count that have only 1-2 viable moves? If anything, development time should have been put towards reworking and expanding the original characters move sets, rather than adding two new problems that will do little more than ruin 9 out of 10 games and most definitely soak up even more dev time with their inevitable nerfing.

I certainly dont feel cheated at all, I payed full price for this game and enjoyed well over 100 hours, so I certainly got my moneys worth. But in the wake of what will surely be the much more popular Injustice 2, I feel this was a major mistake in a critical point in For Honors life, and it will likely be a fatal one.

RIP For Honor,

Netcode_err_404
05-19-2017, 12:19 AM
I won't speak about 1v1, because 1v1 atm is ridicolous broken.

BUT on 4v4 both classes are extremely overpowered, for many reasons

SHINOBI

1) outspeeds half of the roaster, in elimination he can just outrun you, taking 1234000 buffs
2) that big slide is basically the shugoki's oni cheese, they nerfed it to shugo, but they gave it to shinobi for "REASONS"
3) they can keep spamming unblockable kicks that in 1vx scenario is even more AIDS that shugo's hugs.
4) just because they outspeed you, you won't stand a chance if 1 shibobi decides to chase you. You can't escape gg. Dead.

CENTURION

1)That unblockable combo is one of the main reason people left the game, months of threads about braindead spamming, concentraded in one character
2) the damage output he can pull off is beyond the absurd, and the pression he can do is absurd.
3)If they charge the punch which has godlike tracking, in 1vx you are basically dead.
4) LB, valk and shugo should be the disablers, centurion is better by far in disabling people than all of them combined, and he is not even a disabler.
5) 2 or more centurions in dominion are pure AIDS, if you fight them both you will lose 100% sure.
6) the warlords turtle that can block all and punish you with a god like Gb throw were not enough, ubisoft improved the game with another cancer turtlelord that can destriy you in a single GB

Now on point 6 I blame the turtle meta.

IM NOT SAYING THEY ARE OP, they need more time, BUT in 4v4 are just cheap characters that ruin the fun for vanilla classes

TGBent
05-19-2017, 12:30 AM
4v4 modes are just not fun anymore, simple as that. No matter if you win or lose, fights involving the new classes are just boring and feel more like WoW PvP than For Honor.

Thr3shHo1d
05-19-2017, 12:40 AM
I enjoy playing against the Shinobi, in my eyes, he's strong and he hurts, but his low hp makes him balanced. .

I wouldn't say he hurts. He has some pretty flashy moves, but its takes a lot of flashy moves to be killed by Shinobi. Even if you run into a kick spam shinobi, they'll have to do the kick like 6 or 7 times to actually kill you, at least this is my experience in Dominion PvP. I main Nobushi and of course had a spamming shinobi who kicked > heavy > kicked > heavy and once I caught on to the spam, I just dodged the kick > poke and they die so easily. I honestly feel like the utilities and flashiness of shinobi makes it appears that he hurts. lol

Even Centurion hasn't really pissed me off unless i'm stuck against a wall. Once he has you trapped, you're pretty much done.

EmeraldCthulhu
05-19-2017, 07:51 AM
I wrote this in many other topics, but I will write it again - new characters are very badly design, it's like devs decided to put everything wrong about the game into those two and hypercharge it. More spam, knockdowns and stun. Devs really seem to dislike their own fighting system and all they can to avoid it.
Dominion is dead, and this is the mode I played 90% of the time. If you don't thinkit's dead, you were just super lucky and not run into the organised centurion spam yet. It's not like they are hard to fight - there is no fight, it's constant stunlock.

I'm more of a casualy player, only rep 14, but I still played the game now and then - I think I will stop now and wait to see if it gets fixed. There is no fun to be had here anymore. Clearly no one has tested the DLC before release, the flaws are so obvious it took the community a couple of hours to see them.

I really like this game, I find it quite addicting and want to come back despite all the flaws. But there's a limit you know - how am I supposed to play a game in an unpleyable state?

kumanchik
05-19-2017, 08:05 AM
i say good shinobi kick is the only problem i see

Phallicmenace
05-19-2017, 08:19 AM
These forums polls just show how salty the forum trolls are typing in all caps to get attention.

EmeraldCthulhu
05-19-2017, 08:53 AM
These forums polls just show how salty the forum trolls are typing in all caps to get attention.

Well, I know I'm salty - they broke a game I payed for and I used to enjoy, who wouldn't be salty.

BeefMan_
05-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Both new characters are absolute cancer and have ruined every gamemode.

matt89connor
05-19-2017, 09:11 AM
MORE fun, but cent draw too mouch stamina with kicks an pounch, and the new gear sys give easy 1 shot kill...before,after rep1 you can defend welll vs108 gear stats, now the over 100 gear can destroy your defense with def penetration, and give to you 15% of more dmg, and that's i don't like it...

XxHunterHxX
05-19-2017, 09:34 AM
So glad i preorderd this **** !

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/766021473709344540/0DFB1457862DBA90D0F730ABCB079C67C66B6841/

Flipmeisters
05-19-2017, 09:38 AM
The feeling of the game is different but I would say that 4v4 is no fun anymore.

Dude_of_Valor
05-19-2017, 09:39 AM
About the same. New maps and characters are always welcome, just need to learn effective ways to deal with Centurion and Shinobi. Will come with time but think I have sussed them out.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
05-19-2017, 09:43 AM
Okay... so just because Ubisoft replied to this thread I write down some things that in my opinion brakes the hole game.

First of all im a frustrated player, that loved the game till season 2.
Since season 2 its only a spammy, crowd controled, MESS. Especially in 4v4. Very often you can lay your controller next to you, go for a drink and watch you stuck in a stun chain till you are dead.

Well... to the heros

Shinobi:
- WAY to fast. I cant just react to that much stuff he can trow out. Sure im not the best player, but do i have to be the best to be aible havin fun in this game? hum, i dont think so.

- His double dash kick is nearly unavoidable. I tried it so much in the last days. Sometimes i get it, but i would say if a player is good with shinobi, its safe.

- His ranged attacks! In 4v4 the shin can be out of sight while you are facing another enemy and throw all of his **** to you. It has to be CLEARLY shown on your guard stance that there is a ranged shin attacking you. Because you just cant see any Animation, you dont even notice there is something till they have you in their chain. Its simply impossible to react in 4v4 when a shinobi is out of sight.

Centurion

- His Kick. Needs a rework. He must not get the ability to spam this ****, till he kicked you half a mile over the map. Kick have to be slower or even cost MUCH MORE stamina. Look at the conq... 2 shield bashes and he is out of stam

- Stamina penetration. Way to much - if i fight with a conq against a centurion, im out of stamina instant and never get my stamina back. Its so stupid.

There are sure more things to get adjusted both sides, but thats the main things i mentioned.

I see the Centurion more balanced these days as the Shinobi. Shinobi is pure cancer in 4v4 and duells. I have 200 hours in this game (not that much i know, but something) and i cant imagine how a newer player will counter all his ****. I just cant imagine... because i cant counter it after 200 hours spent on the game mechanics!

Why im posting all this and still play the game? Because i paid a lot of money in season 1 and for season pass. Im hoping this game will come up again. But at this time, its broken, really broken!

My.Insanity
05-19-2017, 09:52 AM
Less fun.. i realy tried not to cry over the new Heros.. i was like okay.. its the first day you have no idea how they work.. a day later is was like.. okay i nearly lost every dominion match so far cuz i cant hold a single Point without getting kicked / knocked down / or stabed... maybe it would be the same if everyone on the enemy team would play Conq with SB or Warden with SB... but i start to realize that every Dominionmatch was getting shorter and shorter... no one was able to "HOLD" a point in Dominion... everyone was just roaming and ganking and i was like.. huh? I can normaly defend a point against 2 or 3 enemys till one of my mates come and help me.. but now it was diffrent the Centurio can break your defense so god damn fast that no one is able to help you.. even if you use revenge its a f**king joke i mean.. what is revenge good for if you cant attack or defend till help is comming??

Im always aware of my Stamina i know the enemy can take a lot of it by parry my attacks but the Centurio is like a Pornstar who is sucking out the Stamina of your ****.. ech kick each hit each throw each parry... and when he finaly has sucked you dry you cant do **** and you wont get any Stamina back no matter how much +% your gear has because all of his combos inclued kicks and punches and throws...

And dont get me startet on how ****ed you are when he makes you fall and he can jump in your face.. for example: if the Valk hits you with her speersweep you fall down... and she can land 1 heavy attack and its done.. if an Ally hits the target on the ground before or after that heavy you are able to block. (note: speersweep can be easy doged and does 0 dmg at all)

Centurio can punch you to the ground (wich deals dmg if he got the feat and tracks very hard) when you hit the dirt.. he can jump in your face (which is 1 heavy attack with more dmg then normal) and also his whole team can follow up with attacks and there is nothing you can do.. even if you want cuz your camera is going crazy after this awesome jump..

Long story short.. Centurio is the King in Dominion and the only way to play Dominion anymore is ganking the enemys.. defend a point to get 2points/sec is useless stay in group and gank.

DrinkinMehStella
05-19-2017, 10:10 AM
i love concept of the new DLC but putting characters with these capabilities in a game where some heroes broken and are just not geared up to play against. Centurion, way too many unblockables and stunning attacks with too many guaranteed hits. shinobi, way too many moves to mix up a really good player will be unstoppable with him/her and soon everyone will be unstoppable imagine a geared up rep 5 team of shinobis! that is not going to be fun and then your going to punish me for quitting the match.

MrForz
05-19-2017, 10:52 AM
It feels less fun. I once said that Warden was on the right track to breaking that turtle meta and I expected all the base characters to have access to more combos and openers for more guesses. Instead of that you get to have 2 new characters LOADED with those moves and the rest except for like Valk and Warden is obselete.

Taediumx
05-19-2017, 10:53 AM
I'd call this reaction justified, to centurion at least... being able to stunlock a player for 6 seconds off just landing a heavy is absolutely absurd.

This.

Butonfly
05-19-2017, 10:59 AM

So, more fun for me.

So 10% of all game modes are fine.

Meanwhile 90% of game modes consisting of 99% of the player-base isn't.

Hmmmm,

Hillbill79
05-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Shouldn't be doing a poll yet. You should wait until the new guys are available to everyone.

I'm looking forward to you guys getting the new guys.

I know how they play, so come the 23rd, ill be playing some of my other guys who can smash Cent and shinobi pretty consistently.

You'll all be on here then crying they need a buff hahahahaaa.

Butonfly
05-19-2017, 11:07 AM

There's a couple of issues

-To much damage flying around in 4v4 modes, especially with the amount of CC. This is tied to the gear stat changes.

-New heroes have to many unblockables. To much spam.

-1vX is a death sentence now, especially if the new heroes are involved. If two guys want to focus one guy, it's run away or GG.

-It's just not fun anymore. I've played For Honor every day since release. My number 1 go to game. I'd complete my order if nothing else. Tonight I turned it off and swapped to another game without bothering to finish orders. I don't want to touch For Honor until something changes now. It's not just not fun, it's a disgusting experience.

-You dun gone broke the game.

guffffff
05-19-2017, 11:24 AM
More fun!

Infidel.Castro
05-19-2017, 12:59 PM
So 10% of all game modes are fine.

Meanwhile 90% of game modes consisting of 99% of the player-base isn't.

Hmmmm,

210% of percentages on forums are made up.

EmeraldCthulhu
05-19-2017, 01:04 PM
210% of percentages on forums are made up.

Doesn't change the fact that 4v4 modes, especially dominion, are broken.

Vingrask
05-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Both new characters are absolute cancer and have ruined every gamemode.

They are totally fine in Duels and I love face them. Say for yourself.

Their big problem is the 4v4 modes.

tcs1991.ts
05-19-2017, 02:30 PM
I think it is so funny that a week ago warden's were OP and broken due to an infinite vortex and people are threatening to quit. Now you have people saying that warden was on the right track to break the meta and that both new classes are OP. Yet I see centurions at rep 3 going 3 kills with 6 deaths. I see older classes completely dominating the new classes.

I just think it is so funny how quickly people complain, and the thing about the forums is the people that do enjoy the game and actually learn to fight against the new hero are not on the forums they are playing the game. The overwhelming majority here are people that are average players that have less than 10 hrs played against the new heroes that think they have all the answers.

Sad. Ubisoft would be misguided to believe this farce. I am glad they are waiting several weeks.

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 02:44 PM
I think it is so funny that a week ago warden's were OP and broken due to an infinite vortex and people are threatening to quit. Now you have people saying that warden was on the right track to break the meta and that both new classes are OP. Yet I see centurions at rep 3 going 3 kills with 6 deaths. I see older classes completely dominating the new classes.

I just think it is so funny how quickly people complain, and the thing about the forums is the people that do enjoy the game and actually learn to fight against the new hero are not on the forums they are playing the game. The overwhelming majority here are people that are average players that have less than 10 hrs played against the new heroes that think they have all the answers.

Sad. Ubisoft would be misguided to believe this farce. I am glad they are waiting several weeks.

Bad players don't mean the character is bad. I'm sick of this dumb argument. Rep means nothing other than they have a lot of free time to be able to play that much. I think it's so funny that people are so in love with the "git gud" mentality that even when there's a character or attack that legitimately broken or needs rework that they just turn a blind eye.
You are just as bad as everyone who says everything needs to be nerfed.

There's another dumb argument right there with the people who enjoy the game are not on the forums and learning how to fight. You act like people can't go on the forums during the long load times or on their phone away from their house. Every person who keeps defending this utter nonsense and is calling people noobs for recognizing this bs backs down when I challenge them to 1v1 and it's because in their heart of hearts they know it's bull crap and they know I'll stomp them tf out with these cancer incarnate characters.

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 03:02 PM
This poll is a bit too early. And that is for one reason only. THE CONTENT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYS. Just a thought guys. :rolleyes:

Lyskir
05-19-2017, 03:18 PM
I won't speak about 1v1, because 1v1 atm is ridicolous broken.

BUT on 4v4 both classes are extremely overpowered, for many reasons

SHINOBI

1) outspeeds half of the roaster, in elimination he can just outrun you, taking 1234000 buffs
2) that big slide is basically the shugoki's oni cheese, they nerfed it to shugo, but they gave it to shinobi for "REASONS"
3) they can keep spamming unblockable kicks that in 1vx scenario is even more AIDS that shugo's hugs.
4) just because they outspeed you, you won't stand a chance if 1 shibobi decides to chase you. You can't escape gg. Dead.

CENTURION

1)That unblockable combo is one of the main reason people left the game, months of threads about braindead spamming, concentraded in one character
2) the damage output he can pull off is beyond the absurd, and the pression he can do is absurd.
3)If they charge the punch which has godlike tracking, in 1vx you are basically dead.
4) LB, valk and shugo should be the disablers, centurion is better by far in disabling people than all of them combined, and he is not even a disabler.
5) 2 or more centurions in dominion are pure AIDS, if you fight them both you will lose 100% sure.
6) the warlords turtle that can block all and punish you with a god like Gb throw were not enough, ubisoft improved the game with another cancer turtlelord that can destriy you in a single GB

Now on point 6 I blame the turtle meta.

IM NOT SAYING THEY ARE OP, they need more time, BUT in 4v4 are just cheap characters that ruin the fun for vanilla classes

i kinda agree with u

RatedChaotic
05-19-2017, 03:27 PM
I dont have the new heroes yet so I wont vote since my vote could change. I've been spending my time these past few days testing the gear stats and finding my build. But so far the new gear and gear stats made the game a bit more enjoyable for me.

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 03:43 PM
I dont have the new heroes yet so I wont vote since my vote could change. I've been spending my time these past few days testing the gear stats and finding my build. But so far the new gear and gear stats made the game a bit more enjoyable for me.

Well said. AND I think everyone can take away from this exact mentality.

NCS Karios
05-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Honest opinion, changing stats, buffing and nerfing always takes time to adjust to for obvious reasons. The one problem I have though is the stats view, yea I was all in for viewing stats rather than red and green bars, but id say for the convenience of class building there should be a toggle option to view the gear stats in their season 1, less # more visually asisting format, other than that loving season 2👍👍

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 04:33 PM

I understand this approach and like many others this is the way I was going to form my opinion but after seeing the hard data and these characters put into action it's hard for me to not see the flaws in it. I have faith that things will get fixed but it's still a real let down.

tcs1991.ts
05-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Bad players don't mean the character is bad. I'm sick of this dumb argument. Rep means nothing other than they have a lot of free time to be able to play that much. I think it's so funny that people are so in love with the "git gud" mentality that even when there's a character or attack that legitimately broken or needs rework that they just turn a blind eye.
You are just as bad as everyone who says everything needs to be nerfed.

There's another dumb argument right there with the people who enjoy the game are not on the forums and learning how to fight. You act like people can't go on the forums during the long load times or on their phone away from their house. Every person who keeps defending this utter nonsense and is calling people noobs for recognizing this bs backs down when I challenge them to 1v1 and it's because in their heart of hearts they know it's bull crap and they know I'll stomp them tf out with these cancer incarnate characters.

So if bad players don't mean the character is bad then how can you make the argument that good players make the character OP? I mean do you have any empirical evidence showing the character's kit is to powerful for an average players to fight against? So tired of the stupid arguments like yours that are not factual or based on evidence....oh wait.....

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 05:09 PM
So if bad players don't mean the character is bad then how can you make the argument that good players make the character OP? I mean do you have any empirical evidence showing the character's kit is to powerful for an average players to fight against? So tired of the stupid arguments like yours that are not factual or based on evidence....oh wait.....

Well said.

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 05:16 PM
You're being intentionally re tarded right now. So if I handed the controller to my five-year-old nephew and pick warlord for him does that mean the character is underpowered when gets stomped out by some rando kensei? Far from it dummie. The empirical data is there dude. Frame data, damage values, and footage all shows the power of these characters and still dill does like you fail too see their strengths and hone in on their easily avoidable weaknesses. If I see one more dumbie say just cgb the shinobi and one shot him in gonna lose my mind. No half decent player is going to be using these high risk low reward Attacks

DeLatv
05-19-2017, 05:28 PM
I have just seen enough good players playing the new champs! (Tru3Talent / Praise the sun / Galahad) they are destroying opponents with centurions and shinobi.

Like, I see Galahad struggle more with his Lawbringer which is rep 21? Than his centurion...

tcs1991.ts
05-19-2017, 05:32 PM
You're being intentionally re tarded right now. So if I handed the controller to my five-year-old nephew and pick warlord for him does that mean the character is underpowered when gets stomped out by some rando kensei? Far from it dummie. The empirical data is there dude. Frame data, damage values, and footage all shows the power of these characters and still dill does like you fail too see their strengths and hone in on their easily avoidable weaknesses. If I see one more dumbie say just cgb the shinobi and one shot him in gonna lose my mind. No half decent player is going to be using these high risk low reward Attacks

Please show me the damage values in relation to the other characters pulease! Also, videos are not and never will be considered empirical in any standard. So before you bring your "I am the man and poop gold bars" attitude bring the stuff.

And why did you have to bring your nephew into this. That is not fair to him. So I was saying is you cannot feasibly say that someone is overpowered or underpowered on what little information was have. We are all making assumptions.

MightyZig
05-19-2017, 05:33 PM
Definitely more fun for me, in particular the changes to the gear stats.

I like how new players can fire up dominion and they wont be at such a huge disadvantage like they were going up against people with 108 gear last season. The new characters are awesome as well just started playing Centurion and having a blast, I wont go into weather the new characters are balanced or not but personally I think Centurion and Shinobi are fine.

New maps are really nice as well. Honestly this game looks and sounds so good and the combat is amazing, the only downside for me is connectivity. If Ubisoft can get it sorted out and add some ranked playlists sooner rather than later then this game can only get better and better imo.

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Please show me the damage values in relation to the other characters pulease! Also, videos are not and never will be considered empirical in any standard. So before you bring your "I am the man and poop gold bars" attitude bring the stuff.

And why did you have to bring your nephew into this. That is not fair to him. So I was saying is you cannot feasibly say that someone is overpowered or underpowered on what little information was have. We are all making assumptions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/htmlview#gid=0

How are videos not empirical evidence? If I kicked you in your gut and your mom recorded that would be some pretty strong evidence when you bring up charges on me. We don't have just little information though and that's what I'm telling you. I completely understand the wait and see approach I honestly do, and I don't even fault you for it but we have more than enough to know that a 600ms unlbloackable that leads to 5 or so mixups and a 400ms kick that has low recovery frames and a guaranteed heavy are asinine to have in this game when most things that were similar were either nerfed (conqs sb) or down right made it unusable (shugos charge).

tcs1991.ts
05-19-2017, 05:56 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/htmlview#gid=0

How are videos not empirical evidence? If I kicked you in your gut and your mom recorded that would be some pretty strong evidence when you bring up charges on me. We don't have just little information though and that's what I'm telling you. I completely understand the wait and see approach I honestly do, and I don't even fault you for it but we have more than enough to know that a 600ms unlbloackable that leads to 5 or so mixups and a 400ms kick that has low recovery frames and a guaranteed heavy are asinine to have in this game when most things that were similar were either nerfed (conqs sb) or down right made it unusable (shugos charge).

The funny thing is....with those damage values you showed. Centurion may have fast attacks but a warden can still kill you faster with less effort and less skills but is not considered OP. Funny.

Dhaleks
05-19-2017, 05:56 PM
"New DLC, Fun or Not?"

Well, the turtle meta hasn't changed a bit, wich makes duels, brawls and elimination a no-go for me.
And skirmish and dominion are completely messed up by the 2 new characters... Between the centurion's ridiculous stun chain combo, the stupidly OP traps of the shinobi, and the fact that neither of those characters seem to be affected by revenge (or way less than other classes), it's turned the game into a complete, boring mess.

The fun I had holding off 2 or 3 enemies at the same time is completely gone; it's now a constant "watch those 2 guys relaying each others to stun you non-stop".

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 06:07 PM
The funny thing is....with those damage values you showed. Centurion may have fast attacks but a warden can still kill you faster with less effort and less skills but is not considered OP. Funny.

Are you new here? People always talk about warden being op. He's widely considered one of the top 3 preseason 2

Oni-Nikuya
05-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Eh I'll vote more my a razor thing margin. New characters are mixed bag. It's nice that they're different but they feel like they belong in a different game and the Shinobi feels very loose and awkward with his animation timings relative to the originals that all feel very deliberate. The new maps are both very nice looking...forge feels to me and my friends as if it's crying out for another lane. Temple Garden I haven't gotten enough times in dominion to say but it feels like there's a lot of open space that will almost never see combat. All in all I'd say more bad than good.

Sakansis
05-19-2017, 06:28 PM
How do you feel about the game with the new DLC characters in the game?

Do you think they are good addition to the overall game, or bad?

I feel the poll should ask if the experience has become better or worse, and then ask each question twice. Once for if players have played the new characters and the other for players that have not played the new characters.

My opinion is that the game has gotten strictly worse since the new update. Not only have the stats been butchered, but the new characters are just too unbalanced and have far too many options for controlling the other characters in a fight. I consider the game to be broken in its current state and I refuse to play it anymore until the game more closely resembles how it played during the Off-season.

tcs1991.ts
05-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Are you new here? People always talk about warden being op. He's widely considered one of the top 3 preseason 2

I am aware of that which is my point. This is the fotm argument. So prior to the new characters everyone wanted to nerf the warden because it too was OP. Just like this current argument there was a pretty even split.

So do we pause fixing the warden to fix cent and shin?

CommanderCrud
05-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Worse

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 06:36 PM
I am aware of that which is my point. This is the fotm argument. So prior to the new characters everyone wanted to nerf the warden because it too was OP. Just like this current argument there was a pretty even split.

So do we pause fixing the warden to fix cent and shin?

They are even split because people don't know wtf they are talking about and are so quick to attack people who call bs on mechanics. I guarantee if you give me these characters and throw me in the ring with the people defending the shin and cent I'll make them reconsider their position.

tcs1991.ts
05-19-2017, 06:40 PM
They are even split because people don't know wtf they are talking about and are so quick to attack people who call bs on mechanics. I guarantee if you give me these characters and throw me in the ring with the people defending the shin and cent I'll make them reconsider their position.

How would you do so? Also would you be playing against a good or bad player?

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 06:44 PM
How would you do so? Also would you be playing against a good or bad player?

I'm more than happy to show you if you play on psn, and if they are arguing these attacks and characters are balanced it's likely they are bad but not always. Mudflaaaps is wrong on just about everything he says here but he's an excellent fighter

JamaasK
05-19-2017, 06:46 PM
People will stop getting angry and whinge in a couple weeks when they learn to play against the new heroes. This reaction happens in all games across all genres. New change that people aren't used to? You will ALWAYS get complaints and it'll die down after some time.

ShadowStepped
05-19-2017, 07:00 PM
I agree 100%. Out of 15 dominion matches i played yesterday there wasn't a single time that there were less than 2 centurions and a shinobi. Which normally wouldn't be a big deal because they are new but there abilies, especially the centurion are far better overall this includes moveset and feats, than everyone else in the game. I was playing yesterday thinking, do these guys even play there characters before they release them. They would have to i would imagine and yet to me, it seems like the devs are more worried about getting people to play again rather than increasing the level of fun for those who remained loyal the entire time. Just my opinion. Like ok guys, were gonna do this and someone in the back of the room is like, "well they seem unbalanced." The original speakers say, yeah but still got connection issues so we can just fix the balance again and again some other time. UBISOFT, how long will it take for you guys to realize you don't have an unlimited amount of time. It is going to get to the point were there wont be enough players to even keep this game going financially.

tcs1991.ts
05-19-2017, 07:03 PM
I'm more than happy to show you if you play on psn, and if they are arguing these attacks and characters are balanced it's likely they are bad but not always. Mudflaaaps is wrong on just about everything he says here but he's an excellent fighter

How does that determine OPness?

Antonioj26
05-19-2017, 07:11 PM
How does that determine OPness?

Like I said I'm happy to show you, what better way than demonstrate it live? Looks like I might not be able to though it seems a few nerfs are already happening.

Netcode_err_404
05-19-2017, 07:11 PM
shinobis can keep to spam their dodge kick, centurion will shut you down even in revenge, No class should be so effective in completely disabling and remove the control of your character.

They are completely broken in 4v4. Both of them. Beeing Gbroken from 40 meters by a shinobi during an 1v1 is priceless, especially because he will stunlock you in the ground.

These characters ruined completely 4v4 modes. And lets be honest 4v4 never has been balanced, but now..lol

Dizzy4213
05-19-2017, 07:22 PM
The simple fix for all of this crap is to is to make revenge mode immune to CC/UB. For example, if I activated revenge and my opponent shoulder bashes me, I won't be knocked back or stunned.

It's somewhat of a buff to revenge mode, but since it has been nerfed it's hardly an issue. Revenge can then act as the escape tool the developers intended it to be.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
05-19-2017, 07:30 PM
I really do not like all the spammable stuns, unblockables and those long *** combos you have to sit and watch that is a death sentence in anything but 1v1

Hillbill79
05-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Those combos get interrupted by your team mates more often than not. Because they don't think before they spam heavies. Raiders and kenseis are terrible for this... They do side heavies and unblockables in raiders case, and interrupt anything you try do. Rather than using their loaf and doing top heavies.

I really do not like all the spammable stuns, unblockables and those long *** combos you have to sit and watch that is a death sentence in anything but 1v1

BeefMan_
05-19-2017, 08:03 PM
The simple fix for all of this crap is to is to make revenge mode immune to CC/UB. For example, if I activated revenge and my opponent shoulder bashes me, I won't be knocked back or stunned.

It's somewhat of a buff to revenge mode, but since it has been nerfed it's hardly an issue. Revenge can then act as the escape tool the developers intended it to be.

Just bring back old revenge, but remove any increased offensive capability

KSI K9 HANDLER
05-19-2017, 08:06 PM
there is no option for "pretty much stayed the same"

Pope138
05-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Less.

It's all just personal opinion, but Shinobi needs to go back to Mortal Kombat (not even making a Scorpion comparison) and the Centurion is nothing like an actual Roman Centurion.
I know this game plays loose with several of the warrior archetypes we have to choose from, but these new characters would seem more at home in some highly stylized fantasy fighting game.
Shoehorning in these characters cheapens the game a bit imo.

buhahh125
05-19-2017, 08:24 PM
IM KRUNKKKKK BEEECHES! That's how I feel about a poll that is asking for an opinion from everyone when there is a huge portion of the population has not even had the chance to try the new DLC but think they can form an opinion because they died to a character from there.

ELDRIX_
05-19-2017, 08:34 PM
I think the centurion fits really well in the meta
he really is an outstanding character with many mixups that may be very strong, but also punishable.

Now to the shinobis....
I don't have many problems fighting them, but i think it's just boring,
because you actually have to turtle while dodging kicks and spamming guardbreaks.

You can't really do any mixups on them because the keep vanishing, keeping their distance.
the most useful strategie to fight against them is to catch them when they vanish.
I'm just tired of always running after the shinobi trying to land an attack

In my opinion the shinobi needs a rework on the moveset to make him less mortal combat like.

rossato2109
05-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Less fun to me. New characters seem to be playing a whole diferent game from the rest of us. Also the matchmaking off is still broken when you want to play with your friends. Ah, and don't forget the region lock crap, that just killed multiplayer to many players.

Sir_rage_quit
05-19-2017, 08:35 PM
less.

It's all just personal opinion, but shinobi needs to go back to mortal kombat (not even making a scorpion comparison) and the centurion is nothing like an actual roman centurion.
I know this game plays loose with several of the warrior archetypes we have to choose from, but these new characters would seem more at home in some highly stylized fantasy fighting game.
Shoehorning in these characters cheapens the game a bit imo.

amen

Vordred
05-19-2017, 08:40 PM
I think the centurion fits really well in the meta
he really is an outstanding character with many mixups that may be very strong, but also punishable.

Now to the shinobis....
I don't have many problems fighting them, but i think it's just boring,
because you actually have to turtle while dodging kicks and spamming guardbreaks.

You can't really do any mixups on them because the keep vanishing, keeping their distance.
the most useful strategie to fight against them is to catch them when they vanish.
I'm just tired of always running after the shinobi trying to land an attack

In my opinion the shinobi needs a rework on the moveset to make him less mortal combat like.

the Centurion does not fit in the current meta. he is just immune to the current meta, but reinforces the turtle meta for everyone else. as you can let him hit you, or god forbid parry you.

and thats the thing if the Centurion wants to be, he is the best turtle in the game, his punishes are brutal.

Vingrask
05-19-2017, 08:46 PM

That's the best idea I saw so far for 4v4 modes without interfere in the Duel.

Ubisoft should do a patch with this for tomorrow.

Ggshadow
05-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Less fun...
Too much Cancerion each time, toooo boring

MasterChiefPON
05-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Right now fights again the new characters are fast paced which is something I like and I'm doing relatively decent against them one at a time but more than one is really bad. We are not supposed to win a 4v1 or 3v1 but even a 2v1 is getting really bad with 2 Centurion spamming unblockables on you. I know that Warden, Warlord, Shugoki, Lawbringer, Valkyrie can disable you but fighting 2 of them at the same time is not that bad because with skill you can avoid them better and you got a chance if you use revenge wisely, but when fighting two Centurion at a time feels like you can't even move and revenge doesn't do ****.
I think that the new characters are not that bad in 1v1 but 1v 2,3,4 is too much.

ELDRIX_
05-19-2017, 09:27 PM
the Centurion does not fit in the current meta. he is just immune to the current meta, but reinforces the turtle meta for everyone else. as you can let him hit you, or god forbid parry you.

and thats the thing if the Centurion wants to be, he is the best turtle in the game, his punishes are brutal.

i ment that he fits well in a more aggressive meta forgot to say that

Carnifisch
05-19-2017, 09:56 PM
My problem with the new characters are that they ignore existed rules.

(Tested with Berserker against Shinobi kick and Shugoki against Centurio stab- did NOT test the other chars with hyper armor)
E.g. Hyperarmor: The Shinobi kick and the Centurio heavy attack completly bypass hyper armor. In the case of the Centurio you get the "stab" cinematic and a punch to the face.
A Berserker should be able to punish the Centurio and Shinobi if they attack in the combo.
A Shugoki should be able to trade if he has hyper armor.
A Warden should be able to shoulder push his opponent.
A Warlord should be able to trade.

And for 2vs1: i would rather fight against 2 Shugoki than 2 Shinobis/Centurios

Shinobi and Centurio have to much CC.

The Shinobi has the slide (Charge of the Oni) and the heavy attack that forces the opponent on his knees( mini Demon's Embrace) and his kick (Shoulder Bash/ Kick/ Shield Bash)

The Centurio has the punch and the kick.

One of the easier knockdown is the Valkyrie Spear Sweep but it has a major drawback - you also knockdown your teammates. The Centurio has no drawback for his CC in a teamfight.

And i think the Shinobi is too flashy for this game. The Shinobi shouldnīt be able to teleport(deflect) nehind someone. All the characters were somewhat realistic in their fighting style but the Shinobi is to much fantasy. I fear that the next character is a Highlander that is able to shoot fireballs if he lifts his skirt and i donīt want that(even if it sounds awesome)for this game.

Vordred
05-19-2017, 10:08 PM
i ment that he fits well in a more aggressive meta forgot to say that

and there in lies the reason for the imbalance, because he is the only one in that meta.

it's not like the rest of the cast play defensively for fun, due to the way they and the game is designed, your best way of doing any damage is by being defensive,
the Centurion breaks this mold, by giving him every tool in the for honor play book to smash through someones defences, and once in be able to combo with no chance of escape until he is done. plus the victim is blind for most of it, and with the ability to let his heavy go when he wants, makes parrying almost impossible.

add to this that they also gave him Parry counters too, that are very punishing, and stamina drain so even if you survive the onslaught, you can't fight back.
further reinforcing the Turtle Meta for everyone else.

the Shinobi is guilty of this to a lesser extent too, he is pretty much a character you can't hit. so you have to play defensive and wait for the mistake. but really the only iffy thing about the Shinobi is that kick, it's very safe and the priority it has over everything make it a bit op, but take away those two things from the kick, and the shinobi is much more reasonable. due to that tiny health pool. meaning he can't afford to make many mistakes.

Butonfly
05-20-2017, 12:18 PM
bump

Oupyz
05-20-2017, 12:32 PM
i don't play domination or any 4v4 , but from what i understand heroes are not limited per players thus u can use 4 cent/shonobi in 4v4, no ?

if so make it like overwatch one hero of that type in the game

less UB/CC , can fix the 4v4 problem until they figure something out

Netcode_err_404
05-20-2017, 12:34 PM
i don't play domination or any 4v4 , but from what i understand heroes are not limited per players thus u can use 4 cent/shonobi in 4v4, no ?

if so make it like overwatch one hero of that type in the game

less UB/CC , can fix the 4v4 problem until they figure something out

Yes, would be a good temporarely suggestion

I already can foresee the insults between people that want that warlord/warden LOL

However gear once again prevents this type of choices.

jakamo212003
05-20-2017, 01:21 PM
When this game was being developed they talked about realistic war and fighting styles for characters. Until the recent update the game was great. I looked forward to the new characters, though I am disappointed there is not a new Viking.
The shinobi character seems like he belongs on Mortal Kombat. He would fit in great with Scorpion, they should even have him yell "get over here!!!" every time he throws that damn blade. How does a 120lbs character throw a blade 20ft and drag my character without any difficulty? The grab distance should only be a couple of feet, and beyond that should not be accurate or effective.
If they are going to make the game less and less real I hope the Vikings get Thor as their next character and he can throw is hammer any distance with perfect unstoppable and deadly accuracy.

Butonfly
05-20-2017, 01:38 PM
There is nothing fun about this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohV4qubBgM

Also, the continual crashes that occur in almost every single match now.

Oupyz
05-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Yes, would be a good temporarely suggestion

I already can foresee the insults between people that want that warlord/warden LOL

However gear once again prevents this type of choices.

with gear without gear cent/shinobi are on rampage

watsonclan335u
05-20-2017, 07:06 PM
If shinobi is controlling any fight, you aren't putting enough pressure on, shin"s moves are awesome but complex and require time to pull off so if you charge the gap and press the action from the beginning of the match he is nothing but a low-health peacekeeper. Two or three decent hits ruins his entire day. If you stay at a distance and fight re-actively, he will own you, its his STRENGTH.

when battling Centurion, you need to be at a slight distance and always ready to sidestep the footstomp. Once successfully dodged he is HIGHLY punishable. This means being aware of your surroundings not unlike fighting next to a cliff because if he gets you into a corner or against an object, you're done, its his STRENGTH we all have those thingies don't we?

Most here would agree Raider is still bottom tier and if I'm able to beat the new characters with relative ease following these simple guidelines with him, then I think you need to put some more time into learing how to capitalize on their weaknesses, no neither of them are OP, just different.

Butonfly
05-20-2017, 10:36 PM
If shinobi is controlling any fight, you aren't putting enough pressure on, shin"s moves are awesome but complex and require time to pull off so if you charge the gap and press the action from the beginning of the match he is nothing but a low-health peacekeeper. Two or three decent hits ruins his entire day. If you stay at a distance and fight re-actively, he will own you, its his STRENGTH.

when battling Centurion, you need to be at a slight distance and always ready to sidestep the footstomp. Once successfully dodged he is HIGHLY punishable. This means being aware of your surroundings not unlike fighting next to a cliff because if he gets you into a corner or against an object, you're done, its his STRENGTH we all have those thingies don't we?

Most here would agree Raider is still bottom tier and if I'm able to beat the new characters with relative ease following these simple guidelines with him, then I think you need to put some more time into learing how to capitalize on their weaknesses, no neither of them are OP, just different.

Such wisdom, much wow. Please Master, tell me how to get out of this situation- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohV4qubBgM

watsonclan335u
05-21-2017, 02:27 AM
Such wisdom, much wow. Please Master, tell me how to get out of this situation- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohV4qubBgM

Are you really serious? Do you actually think you should be able to get out of a 4v1 scenario against ANY heroes never mind your back to a wall vs a centurion? You sir are the problem with these nerf threads.

Ggshadow
05-21-2017, 03:32 AM
When this game was being developed they talked about realistic war and fighting styles for characters. Until the recent update the game was great. I looked forward to the new characters, though I am disappointed there is not a new Viking.
The shinobi character seems like he belongs on Mortal Kombat. He would fit in great with Scorpion, they should even have him yell "get over here!!!" every time he throws that damn blade. How does a 120lbs character throw a blade 20ft and drag my character without any difficulty? The grab distance should only be a couple of feet, and beyond that should not be accurate or effective.
If they are going to make the game less and less real I hope the Vikings get Thor as their next character and he can throw is hammer any distance with perfect unstoppable and deadly accuracy.

Lol really????

Do you think a LB can grab a Shugo lol, do you think the GB is realistic too?

Do you think the bleed (poison) is realistic? You can kill a guy in 1 hit with a good poison.

Do you think you can run during 84837362818h without use of stamia lol

Do you think the SB of the Warden is realistic?

Now stop to talk for nothing ;D

Sorry for the grammar :P

DeLatv
05-21-2017, 09:32 AM
AS a POST owner i think its finally to give my piece of mind...

What people dont understand, and Ubisoft made a small calculation making/ballancing the game is - Having fun in a video game is the most important thing for all players. And this game is/was fun!
Who of you guys having blast fighting against Warden? Or Conqurer? Maybe Warlord? Im not saying they are OP or anything, to be honest i dont care if they are OP or not, this tipic is not about that. This post if about having fun for me, you and other people in the game... BUT!

Im pretty sure its fun to play Centurion or Shinobi....
But I dont care if I can dodge his kicks or parry attacks, I do NOT enjoy playing vs the new classes. I just get frustrated and angry, because the only defence option i have is dodge, from unblockable spam.

To elaborate my viewpoint is, do you really having fun, when you are Out of stamina and enemy warden starts the vortex??? Im doubting that...
The ONLY person who is having fun is the attacking Warden, its fun to remove 1,2,3 bars of life while opponent can only guess to dodge or not dodge and getting punished for the wrong action. But its not fun for recieving party, its frustrating, it feels unfair, it feels wrong, its feels terrible.
This is how i feel playing against Shinobi and Centurion. It doesnt matter if I learn for hours to dodge attacks and learn all their moves, I just dont find the gameplay fun.

This is why I made this post, to ask people if they think the same...

Did the new patch made the game more fun? Does developers needs to learn from this DLC and go even more crazier with the move set than Shinobi and Centurion? Or its actually made the game less fun and unblockables or other silly moves are just not fun to play against...

And the poll agrees with me, I hope devs read this and learn from players as to, what makes the game more fun an better experience for everyone...

AmericanBalls
05-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Fix the tracking on the jab for the centurion and perhaps make his kick not dizzy you..I think that would help. Cent isn't too tough in 1v1 but in the bigger game modes they become a bit of a problem for me as it really locks you down for way too long compared to other heroes. The problem I have in general with the 2 new characters is the amount of stamina drain they have coupled with their great offensive abilities. I think the stamina draining is the real issue and should be reduced a bit. We shall see though, I'm still enjoying it.....I can't fight Shinobi worth a damn with y LB but its fun trying to figure it out.

DeLatv
06-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Bumping post, maybe new people want to add something.

We.the.North
06-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Bumping post, maybe new people want to add something.

I bet a bunch of old people would like the possibility to change their vote.

AzureSky.
06-06-2017, 10:47 PM

@UbiNoty Just a recommendation, look at the numbers and also make changes based on high elo players feedback, its a very high skill ceiling game, nerfing something based on the skill of people that cant side dodge centurion kick or punch its not really a good idea. (im talking about the guys that says that centurion is op in 1vs1)

AzureSky.
06-06-2017, 10:51 PM
AS a POST owner i think its finally to give my piece of mind...

What people dont understand, and Ubisoft made a small calculation making/ballancing the game is - Having fun in a video game is the most important thing for all players. And this game is/was fun!
Who of you guys having blast fighting against Warden? Or Conqurer? Maybe Warlord? Im not saying they are OP or anything, to be honest i dont care if they are OP or not, this tipic is not about that. This post if about having fun for me, you and other people in the game... BUT!

Im pretty sure its fun to play Centurion or Shinobi....
But I dont care if I can dodge his kicks or parry attacks, I do NOT enjoy playing vs the new classes. I just get frustrated and angry, because the only defence option i have is dodge, from unblockable spam.

To elaborate my viewpoint is, do you really having fun, when you are Out of stamina and enemy warden starts the vortex??? Im doubting that...
The ONLY person who is having fun is the attacking Warden, its fun to remove 1,2,3 bars of life while opponent can only guess to dodge or not dodge and getting punished for the wrong action. But its not fun for recieving party, its frustrating, it feels unfair, it feels wrong, its feels terrible.
This is how i feel playing against Shinobi and Centurion. It doesnt matter if I learn for hours to dodge attacks and learn all their moves, I just dont find the gameplay fun.

This is why I made this post, to ask people if they think the same...

Did the new patch made the game more fun? Does developers needs to learn from this DLC and go even more crazier with the move set than Shinobi and Centurion? Or its actually made the game less fun and unblockables or other silly moves are just not fun to play against...

And the poll agrees with me, I hope devs read this and learn from players as to, what makes the game more fun an better experience for everyone...

i have fun playing vs the actual warden, its because of the mind game part of the game (whats supposed to make you feel) its directed toward people with high skill, not everyday "gamers" that play lol and nerf all the things that they dont like.

Its supposed to have strong and weak points, no warden beats me after the nerf they did to him (the punish time after he misses his shoulder bash) but he still have the options to do the things he used to make, its a very good pick, im ok with you on the warlord point, the headbutt spam is just too fast and boring to play against, they need to rework that move with other thing.

Stamina drain is part of the game and its good, you are supposed to turtle when you are out of stamina and dodge attacks.

Hormly
06-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Since the new season all I do is log on after work to do my orders against the AI, then log off.

New classes completely ruined the gameplay for me

Illyrian_King
06-07-2017, 12:02 AM
new heroes (which deserve some DISlove indeed in form of a tasty nerf, BUT .... ) and new maps ... give me more :cool: