PDA

View Full Version : Centurion is dead allready. (R.I.P)

TheLastPandaa
05-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone.

After spending a few hours in the hyperbolic time chamber training with my LB vs a lv3 centurion i ended with a few conclusions.

1. His recovery time is awfull.
2. His range is very low.
3. He is only dangerous if he parryes you. Or if he stuns you with a wall.

I might be wrong because i was using my LB (perfect counter for this heroe) but in my opinion Centurion is one of the easyest heroes to beat of the entire game. All he does can be easily punish VERY HARD. He might seem hard to beat at first because he has new animations and moves, but once you undertand his moveset and posible mixups he becomes SUPER EASY. Ok, i know i am talking about the lv3 bot, but if you end with a 20/0 with no effort at all... well, i think that talks for it self.

I will repeat that i might be wrong on this because bots do not use by default cheese exploits as humans does some times, but i really think i am right here. No matter how many cheese you use if you know how to counter it and punish it.

I just wanted to share my opinion with you guys, but i would also like to know your thoughts about this.

PD: Shinobi, in the other hand... Lets say that i have to keep training. :rolleyes:

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Hello everyone.

After spending a few hours in the hyperbolic time chamber training with my LB vs a lv3 centurion i ended with a few conclusions.

I might be wrong because i was using my LB (perfect counter for this heroe) but in my opinion Centurion is one of the easyest heroes to beat of the entire game. All he does can be easily punish VERY HARD. He might seem hard to beat at first because he has new animations and moves, but once you undertand his moveset and posible mixups he becomes super easy. Ok, i know i am talking about the lv3 bot, but if you end with a 20/0 with no effort at all... well, i think that talks for it self.

I will repeat that i might be wrong on this because bots do not use by default cheese exploits as humans does some times, but i really think i am right here. No matter how many cheese you use if you know how to counter it and punish it.

I just wanted to share my opinion with you guys, but i would also like to know your thoughts about this.

PD: Shinobi, in the other hand... Lests say that i have to keep training. :rolleyes:

Level 3 bots aren't a great indicator they have patterns that they always follow. He lunged at you with his jump attack like 50 percent of the time off the bat which is a free parry. After the kick he does a fully charged heavy another free parry. Light attack is always followed by another light attack, another free parry. Bots lack variety

Captain-Courage
05-18-2017, 04:59 PM
And if that

3. He is only dangerous if he parryes you. Or if he stuns you with a wall.:

is actually the case, then it kills in utero his vocation of being a turtle meta breaker

TheLastPandaa
05-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Totally agree with you Antonio. A bot is a bot and the patrons they use are predictible but im training vs him since the day the new heroes were released. I think i have seen all what Cent can do. I also played dominion and a few duels vs some ramdom cents and nothing they tryed surprised me at all. Ofcourse that i did not won all my duels, but when i did lost i did not feel it was because the character was OP but because my oponent played better than me or because i made to many mistakes.

Vingrask
05-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone.

I might be wrong because i was using my LB (perfect counter for this heroe) but in my opinion Centurion is one of the easyest heroes to beat of the entire game. All he does can be easily punish VERY HARD. He might seem hard to beat at first because he has new animations and moves, but once you undertand his moveset and posible mixups he becomes SUPER EASY. Ok, i know i am talking about the lv3 bot, but if you end with a 20/0 with no effort at all... well, i think that talks for it self.

PD: Shinobi, in the other hand... Lets say that i have to keep training. :rolleyes:

I completely disagree.

Shinobi is the easyest hero to beat in the game.
Centurion is the second.

xSov3r3igNx
05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this shuts up all the "Meeh-Eehh" "Mueeeeh " crying how op Centurion is. I been saying it forever that he can be countered and punished very hard, never mind his low HP pool. He can however punish a GB tacticians that just spam it and do nothing else..Centurion wants you to make the first attack so he can counter it and punish, kind of like LB but he does not have a good riposte on block/parry

Krell80
05-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Hopefully this shuts up all the "Meeh-Eehh" "Mueeeeh " crying how op Centurion is.

It's not going to happen,people won't stop until he get nerfed and will probably find something else to complain after about him.Same for Shinobi.

Ggshadow
05-18-2017, 06:07 PM
All bot suck and bot don't spam with Centurion. ..

Thasnatos
05-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Centurion is OP i can't dodge his kick he has 69 unblockables and they don't need to start a chain to activate i can't parry because my opponent play centurion, Heck i can't even block because of centurion. Its not like i'm bad, its just centurion is OP.

https://youtu.be/mQAsL0MqOjk

TheLastPandaa
05-18-2017, 06:52 PM
1) have no problem with my cents recovery time
2) I agree his range is low.
3) I disagree.. im quite dangerous without parrying. Anyone that parries an atk has the potential to be dangerous. Also I rarely use a wall. I like to keep my enemies out in the open. walls are for pussies. I'll mow people down all day without a wall. Besides I find the bounce back from the wall keeps me from GB. I always GB and never grabs so I have to setup my opponent back away from the wall. or do a different routine.

Im sure you know more than me about the Cent because i did not try that char just yet, but im very sure that your recovery time when you miss a hit makes you incredible vulnerable. That single thing united with your low range and with how linear your atacks are make the centurion an oponent incredible easy to dodge and punish. I have the impresion that if you try to fight on an open field with no walls arround, you are puting your self on an "incredibilis" (see what i did there?) unfavorable position and giving a huge advantage to your oponent.

Lyskir
05-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Centurion is OP i can't dodge his kick he has 69 unblockables and they don't need to start a chain to activate i can't parry because my opponent play centurion, Heck i can't even block because of centurion. Its not like i'm bad, its just centurion is OP.

https://youtu.be/mQAsL0MqOjk

just perfect XD