PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den May 18th

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 04:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBuXKYP5VE

First warrior's den of season 2. I will say nice and early now that next week I am away from the computer at least part of the afternoon, odds are I will be back before the stream but don't be surprised if it goes up late.

They spent time recapping the stream from monday.

News of the week

They are working on tournament and rank mode, first step for this will be to do it through test servers with stuff they want to test before they release to everyone. They are not saying dedicated servers are coming just to clarify.

This week in for honor will contain more information on gear stats, so things like defence penetration.

Maintenance caused an unknown nat issue, should be fixed by now.

They haven't activated reputation parameter on matchmaking yet, they are still gathering data to get that right. Could be this week, could be next week,they're looking at it in general.

They have a known issue list in support. Orders you would usually complete with the shinobi and centurion are bugged, they are working on it. This has been the biggest update since launch, so any issues you come across, send them a note.

Global order, takedowns in dominion.

They have a hot fix for pc in the making now to fix the sound issue.PvAI is also being worked on, mostly happens on pc, occasionally console.

New content, bat mood effects. Outfits for all heroes.

Reservist, for honor and active duty have all been problematic, fixes are coming for those achievements.

Xbox update, when microsoft unleashed new update, it also gave problems with the for honor game,teams are working on it together.

Someone reported drop of framerate on ps4,something to do with the centurion. News to the devs, they will look into it.

Another 4 crates **** off yell on twitch

People who contacted support over rewards should get them today. Anyone else contact them, they should reach you in the next batch update.

They are doing an eight person duel tournament with the dev team using centurion and shinobi.

Shinobi won the first.
Chalk one up for the centurion.
Two centurions now through
Semis have two of each
There will be a shinobi in the final.
And a centurion
Among the devs at least shinobi is king, or Alex is at least

Q&A

People seem to think they are only taking the win/loss matrix for balancing. They have a first filter that sets the mmr of the players they want to focus on in the balancing. For example, they have one that is the top 7-8% of the players. The other feature they take into account is the reputation score of the character with those players. They only take into account the matches where these characters are at least rep one. They also look at streams, community feedback, player perception, whole bunch of things.

They are working on spawn camping, particularly ledging, they know it is an issue, they are working on it.

The current dev team focus is on the defensive meta patch and doing a layer of balancing on the characters. The pace in the coming weeks on changes will slow down a little but the one in the works is pretty big. They are looking at the samurai characters to try to address issues before the defensive meta patch, they want to give some love to kensei and orochi and the hidden stance of nobushi.

They want to do the defensive meta patch first then come back to the conqueror.

Quit penalty was ready-ish but they found last minute bugs, it should be coming in the next patch. Disconnects shouldn't receive a penalty.

Gear stats: The quickest way to add numbers was to take away the gauges, they know they lost some accessibility there in terms of references in which is buffed more. They wanted the numbers, they aren't saying they won't look at at it ever, but it would mean a complete re-do so not in the short term. What they will do is look at putting in the caps to each skill in terms of reference.

Single revive in elimination is not currently working, they are working on it.

Shinobi kick, currently looks to be slightly too powerful, it has top priority over the unblockables currently. It is maybe too strong but they want more than three days of data before doing anything with that. They are looking at it, they haven't yet decided if it is op or not.

On the flip side, guard decay on the shinobi is not a bug, it is a deliberate thing. The playstyle in defending is around dodge and deflect, blocking is strictly last second, the defence is not around block.

There is a bug with centurion and shinobi in that dodge roll is gb-able, it was in testing and something they are thinking of as a punish across the board but was not supposed to go live.

Season 1 reward ornament for centurion for centurion and shinobi is something they are looking into.

Controllers on pc is being looked at, remapping controls is in the process.

They want to wait two or three weeks of everyone playing all the characters before looking at anything, see how people play it and if they find counters in play and such.

Weekly content will be returning to thursdays. But not next week, they got yelled at for suggesting it.

Any bugs with the dlc like guardbreak feints, tell them.

There are already tutorial videos out with the new characters apparently, they mentioned klyka so the same guy that did hero school

And that is a wrap.

Found those videos so I will link them. Klyka will do a full blown Hero School video for each when they are available to everyone. I would suggest even people not intending to use them to watch the videos, tends to be how I learn the moves and habits of characters I struggle against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afqmnq7mjeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH_b1S9O7Lo

cragar212
05-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Ahh good call i forgot.

Pincopallino097
05-18-2017, 05:52 PM
Happy to see it in sticky :) thanks

Vingrask
05-18-2017, 06:12 PM
You should gain in-game Steel for those topics, Candle. Thanks, man.

I'm so excited to know the defense patch is "close". Damn, Devs! Put everyone to work on it, even the visitors, haha!

Scotti_Chill
05-18-2017, 06:13 PM
no word about defense penetration :mad:

Gray360UK
05-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Weekly content will be returning to thursdays.

Not next week though apparently, they got yelled at for suggesting that ;)

I so wanted that new PK execution too .... :(

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Not next week though apparently, they got yelled at for suggesting that ;)

I so wanted that new PK execution too .... :(

Yes I laughed at that lol, will add.I am pretty pleased with what they said over shinobi block, that was pretty much my exact thought on it.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 06:24 PM
no word about defense penetration :mad:

They said they are putting all that stuff in the newsletter.

Dizzy4213
05-18-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm a little disappointed about the Shinobi guard decay speed. I can understand that they want you to dodge attacks instead, but the problem then is the enemy gets an untechable GB on you and there goes half your HP. It is what it is I guess. I thought the low HP and damage was already a big disadvantage. It's not so bad in 1v1 but in 4v4, he has zero chance of surviving a gank because of it.

No idea what they're planning to do with the kick, but I hope it's not anything to drastic. It cost stamina to double dodge and then even more stamina to kick. It's more or less his bread and butter move.

In regards to Roman's comment about deflect, I would love to use it more often. However, with Shinobi, it is far too much of a risk when he has such low HP. It also teleports you off the map when you're near a ledge. It's just so much safer to go for a parry because of the different timing.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm a little disappointed about the Shinobi guard decay speed. I can understand that they want you to dodge attacks instead, but the problem then is the enemy gets an untechable GB on you and there goes half your HP. It is what it is I guess. I thought the low HP and damage was already a big disadvantage. It's not so bad in 1v1 but in 4v4, he has zero chance of surviving a gank because of it.

No idea what they're planning to do with the kick, but I hope it's not anything to drastic. It cost stamina to double dodge and then even more stamina to kick. It's more or less his bread and butter move.

In regards to Roman's comment about deflect, I would love to use it more often. However, with Shinobi, it is far too much of a risk when he has such low HP. It also teleports you off the map when you're near a ledge. It's just so much safer to go for a parry because of the different timing.

I've had some dominions where i have top scored. My own strategy is to get stealth up as soon as possible, boosting zone if I can, then snipe people in battles from range with charged heavies,if anyone is stunlocking one of my teammates, go in with a kick.. You really have to stay mobile and keep your head on a swivel with that health pool.

Dizzy4213
05-18-2017, 06:55 PM
I've had some dominions where i have top scored. My own strategy is to get stealth up as soon as possible, boosting zone if I can, then snipe people in battles from range with charged heavies,if anyone is stunlocking one of my teammates, go in with a kick.. You really have to stay mobile and keep your head on a swivel with that health pool.

I know that, but I don't think giving him the normal assassin reflex guard would be a problem. His low health pool is more than enough. It's not too much of a problem overall. I just wanted to know if it was intended or not. I guess that's why they gave him the ability to super sprint. If I see 2 enemies coming towards me I know I'm super sprinting out of there because I know it's a guaranteed death for me. Almost got him to Rep 3 now and I'm starting to think Shinobi is more of a harasser than anything else. Like a fly you can't swat.

cragar212
05-18-2017, 07:09 PM
When thet were talking about spawn ledging video and I yelled MY VIDEO...

Eric Pope said " Hey Mighty Oakk (thats me) is in the chat"!

Im so famous

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 07:12 PM
I know that, but I don't think giving him the normal assassin reflex guard would be a problem. His low health pool is more than enough. It's not too much of a problem overall. I just wanted to know if it was intended or not. I guess that's why they gave him the ability to super sprint. If I see 2 enemies coming towards me I know I'm super sprinting out of there because I know it's a guaranteed death for me. Almost got him to Rep 3 now and I'm starting to think Shinobi is more of a harasser than anything else. Like a fly you can't swat.

Yeah I play peacekeeper differently, she is tanky enough with defence gear I have walked away the winner of a 1v3, I would try 1v2 but overall I am looking to be a sniper/disruptor that they can't catch hold of.

Vordred
05-18-2017, 09:06 PM
they said on the stream that the gear stats stuff was on the forum, but i can't seem to find it.

detrigg
05-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Defensive meta patch...where can I find info on this?

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 09:35 PM
Defensive meta patch...where can I find info on this?

There has been nothing solid said, they said a few dens ago they are looking at parry, dodge, making out of stamina stage punishing,chip damage, flicker is intended to be fixed that same patch, they implied today that an idea was to make roll away dodge vulnerable to guardbreak as it was being tested with shinobi and centurion and accidentally slipped in to the live patch.

Dizzy4213
05-18-2017, 10:04 PM
I don't play on PC, so hopefully someone who does can confirm this. The heavy after a ranged GB from Shinobi is unblockable, which allows you to go into the Sickle Rain combo. However, on console at least, it's 100% blockable making the ranged GB all but useless, unless you're trying to go for a ledge kill. At that point you risk being pulled to the ledge yourself.

Just have to hope one of the devs see this because it really needs to be fixed. Hopefully it won't take 3 months to fix.

Edit: Can confirm it's guaranteed on PC. Don't know why it's not on console. Trying to use it just gets you killed.

Chucky_Jones
05-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Kensei love!!! After getting to rep 12 I got tired of maining a trash tier hero that the devs didn't seem to care about. I switched to shinobi but I guess now their is hope for kensei.

W0ulfe
05-19-2017, 03:02 AM
I don't play on PC, so hopefully someone who does can confirm this. The heavy after a ranged GB from Shinobi is unblockable, which allows you to go into the Sickle Rain combo. However, on console at least, it's 100% blockable making the ranged GB all but useless, unless you're trying to go for a ledge kill. At that point you risk being pulled to the ledge yourself.

Just have to hope one of the devs see this because it really needs to be fixed. Hopefully it won't take 3 months to fix.

Edit: Can confirm it's guaranteed on PC. Don't know why it's not on console. Trying to use it just gets you killed.

This. Despite the question being repeatedly asked during the livestream earlier today they completely ignored it. It's honestly extremely irritating as It makes the ranged guardbreak utterly useless. It's a high risk move with no reward.

Dizzy4213
05-19-2017, 03:24 AM
This. Despite the question being repeatedly asked during the livestream earlier today they completely ignored it. It's honestly extremely irritating as It makes the ranged guardbreak utterly useless. It's a high risk move with no reward.

Yeah, it sucks. I think Roman noticed it, he just didn't say anything. I'm praying that it doesn't take months to fix is all.

At least we now know the insanely fast guard decay of the Shinobi is intended.

razabak10mm
05-19-2017, 04:30 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Candle for posting this again. Forgot to earlier.

Here's some tacos bro!!
🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

bmason1000
05-19-2017, 06:26 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Candle for posting this again. Forgot to earlier.

Here's some tacos bro!!
🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

I still owe you that gofundme account haha

Plutonium Bug
05-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Candle legend as always! thank you as I never can watch it!

GladiatorHood
05-23-2017, 10:27 AM
*replies