PDA

View Full Version : Survey question 7

Profy_le_Troll
06-02-2004, 12:37 PM
7) How much time are you willing to spend in a mission (patrol) in SH3?
1 hour max
2 hours max
3 hours max
5 hours max
historically accurate (2-3 months)

I assume this is ingame time.

I think mission (patrol) must be ingame time month not just some hours of action. We should be to start from harbour, going freely to sea, patrol abit without order until Bdu (U boats command) send us an enigma message with our patrol zone, making random encounter, fighting a convoy (mission) then calling in a supply ship or boat or being ordered to go back to harbour for resupply then off to another patrol.

Real time for a entire patrol ? probably many hours (with the freely use of time compression during game) Maybe it can take some days assuming we are not playing 24/24.

SHIII must not be an arcade game but a real simulation game including it may take times to go to action. That time maybe will be longer than the action time, thats what a simulation is. Otherwise just play games like Enigma rising tides. Pure action, thats all.

Profy_le_Troll
06-02-2004, 12:37 PM
7) How much time are you willing to spend in a mission (patrol) in SH3?
1 hour max
2 hours max
3 hours max
5 hours max
historically accurate (2-3 months)

I assume this is ingame time.

I think mission (patrol) must be ingame time month not just some hours of action. We should be to start from harbour, going freely to sea, patrol abit without order until Bdu (U boats command) send us an enigma message with our patrol zone, making random encounter, fighting a convoy (mission) then calling in a supply ship or boat or being ordered to go back to harbour for resupply then off to another patrol.

Real time for a entire patrol ? probably many hours (with the freely use of time compression during game) Maybe it can take some days assuming we are not playing 24/24.

SHIII must not be an arcade game but a real simulation game including it may take times to go to action. That time maybe will be longer than the action time, thats what a simulation is. Otherwise just play games like Enigma rising tides. Pure action, thats all.

HeibgesU999
06-02-2004, 03:12 PM
If the Patrols in SilentHunter1 and playing the Raiders and Atlantik Missions, that a "typical" patrol takes 8-12 real hours to play. This represents 50 to 60 days at sea.

SH2 takes a lot longer than SH1 to finish a patrol. If dc'd in SH1, once you get below 300ft you can run on 64x time compression.

but in SH2 you have to play all encounters where you are dc'd in real time.