PDA

View Full Version : Here come the conqueror

Capoupacap
05-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Well while some are crying against the centurion and shinobi, it's seems that our roman friend is really weak against our unloved conqueror who by the way has brand new stunning new shields :p

I had really good time reaping italian carnaval heavy shield hitter :p

TheLastPandaa
05-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Conq? Good vs cent? after 16?
I must try that out. My r11 conq was geting rusty.

Netcode_err_404
05-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Conq? Good vs cent? after 16?
I must try that out. My r11 conq was geting rusty.

Conq never stopped to be top tier. He is so easy to play that he is ridicolously effective against ANY opponent unless your opponent is without a doubt BETTER than you.

After the little nerf is weaker than warlords ( who isn't ?) and thab wardens, but that doesn't mean is bad, actually is one of the best. But not the best

Rikuto01.tv
05-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Conq has always been top tier. People just got salty when his bash became barely vulnerable.

Netcode_err_404
05-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Conq has always been top tier. People just got salty when his bash became barely vulnerable.
Thats not eve true. Is barely punishable by raiders only.

The only punishable charge is the unlocked one.

Conq is still top tier without any doubts. He is one of the classes that can react 100% times to the lb block shove mix ups.

Conq is a monster because is ******ed easy

Capoupacap
05-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Totally agree with a lower top tier position, meaning that his average result are quite good...but I won't risk him in a duel against a good player. I stopped playing with it because he actually was really boring and the warden actually offer a more versatile gameplay.

His superior defense and block is very effective on build like the centurion because it actually block his charged heavy and there is so no possibility to follow it with the punch ^^

Same with the imperial kick, it open an opportunity for a free shield bash reply.

So basically this character offer what is missing against a centurion charge, AIR :p

But the meaning of this post was clearly that if centurion seems to be a really good choice in death match line up, a good reply would be a warden/conqueror reply ^^

TheLastPandaa
05-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Conq never stopped to be top tier. He is so easy to play that he is ridicolously effective against ANY opponent unless your opponent is without a doubt BETTER than you.

After the little nerf is weaker than warlords ( who isn't ?) and thab wardens, but that doesn't mean is bad, actually is one of the best. But not the best

Is good to see that there are diferent opinions about it.
I truely believed that conqueror only had one good strategy, and that was his SB. I also believed that after 1'5 his sb had become very very useless because it could be easily countered with a side dodge+ light or side dodge + Gb.
I even made 2 videos proving that, but again, i guess i did something wrong. (vids on the spoiler)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQSkuDWbccw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJ7gR_gX2I

I also believed that conq atacks were very slow and very easy to parry and that his dmg was also very low. I even thought that he had no good openers to star a fight since his sb was nerfed and that his only real way to deal any dmg war turteling and blocking a heavy to get a granted side heavy. I was 100% sure until now that after 1.5 he only remained as a +- valid character on 4vs4 due to the defensive meta (that is geting destroyed eventually).

But who knows. I may have been wrong all this time!

Netcode_err_404
05-18-2017, 02:43 PM
I truely believed that conqueror only had one good strategy, and that was his SB. I also believed that after 1'5 his sb had become very very useless because it could be easily countered with a side dodge+ light or side dodge + Gb.
I even made 2 videos proving that, but again, i guess i did something wrong. (vids on the spoiler)

I also believed that conq atacks were very slow and very easy to parry and that his dmg was also very low. I even thought that he had no good openers to star a fight since his sb was nerfed and that his only real way to deal any dmg war turteling and blocking a heavy to get a granted side heavy. I was 100% sure until now that after 1.5 he only remained as a +- valid character on 4vs4 due to the defensive meta (that is geting destroyed eventually).

You opened with a shield bash, the most obvious thing you can do. Open with the 50/50 run charge.

SHield bash is too fast to be reacted 100% of the times. also the kensei needs to perfectly time the dodge attack, or you can miss the SB and even bvlock its side and free GB.

Conqueror is a beast, especially if you turtle up.
PS: was that a bot ? LOL they cheat so they don't even count.

RatedChaotic
05-18-2017, 03:40 PM

Tried to tell ya......That on consoles there is a small window when your doing your sb that if you light attack immediately after you stop the shield bash animation your light will come to fast for them to dodge and gb you. Its very difficult to do. It takes practice to hit that window.......Note I am using an elite controller so its alot easier to do.

But I agree his attacks are slow and easily parried. Thats my only issue with him really. PS I couldnt do my videos because we had game dvr issues on the xbox with For Honor at that time.

KainSirKoT
05-18-2017, 04:19 PM
heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak->heavy attack-> guardbreak

such a good player much skill

please rework conqueror ubi

TheLastPandaa
05-18-2017, 08:14 PM

Tried to tell ya......That on consoles there is a small window when your doing your sb that if you light attack immediately after you stop the shield bash animation your light will come to fast for them to dodge and gb you. Its very difficult to do. It takes practice to hit that window.......Note I am using an elite controller so its alot easier to do.

But I agree his attacks are slow and easily parried. Thats my only issue with him really. PS I couldnt do my videos because we had game dvr issues on the xbox with For Honor at that time.

Dont worry for the video Rated. I think that in fact you might be right about the light atack. Just yesterday a friend and i were trying it and his GB did not work 100% of the time. I have the feeling that p2p conection, the controler imput lag and the fact that he plays on a TV not prepared for gaming has something to see in all this. I use a standard ps4 controler (one year old) but i use a gaming monitor not a standard tv so i have no delay on the view. Could that be?:confused: