PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Centurion as a Turtle Breaker

Butonfly
05-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Great, he can break Turtles.

What's worse is he punishes offensive players even worse. Why? His stamina drain (at very little stamina cost to himself mind you). Should you attack the centurion just a couple of times, maybe get blocked, more than likely parried (parry meta still meta) then you'll get stripped of all stamina in a move or two with very little cost to the cent, even if he gets it wrong.

People keep saying "Centurion OP", and the dissenters cry their uberl33tness. Fact is, if you pick at the details you find the devil. Stamina cost of moves, amount of stamina drained, risk vs reward, speed of attacks, spammability of attacks. It's the same problems that've been highlighted in all problem Hero's to date, and Centurion will inevitably be nerfed in the same ways.

You can add to these tracking, and range of unblockables. Such as the kick which, for a close quarters fighter, extends an incredibly long distance. The speed also means it'll land at the same time as a counter light... oversights or negligence. Same old story.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 09:31 AM
I will give you credit for at least trying to use logic to back up your claim rather than just yell OP as loudly as you can, but I still believe that for the most part the Centurian is balanced.

He is a one trick pony. Without it he gets stomped.

DrinkinMehStella
05-18-2017, 09:38 AM
that tracking though, i think i'm out of range of his charged unblockable heavy but he travels with it quite far. once backed up against the wall there not much you can do aswell.

Butonfly
05-18-2017, 09:56 AM
I will give you credit for at least trying to use logic to back up your claim rather than just yell OP as loudly as you can, but I still believe that for the most part the Centurian is balanced.

He is a one trick pony. Without it he gets stomped.

Simply branding him "OP" is to simple, and the reason people do it is because there are issues, it's just that they're complex. Cent doesn't necessarily need nerfs. But there's certainly arguments to justify shaves and tweaks.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 09:57 AM
Simply branding him "OP" is to simple, and the reason people do it is because there are issues, it's just that they're complex. Cent doesn't necessarily need nerfs. But there's certainly arguments to justify shaves and tweaks.

Agree 100%

But OP he is not.

CaptainPwnet
05-18-2017, 09:57 AM
The problem with centurion has nothing to do with being a turtle breaker or any kind of overbearing moves in 1v1. The only thing in 1v1 that is an issue is his infinite wall splat combo that is likely unintended, but the damage he can chain together guaranteed off one GB or parry is still ridiculous. The problem lies in team modes. Any 2v1 he is a part of results in a single touch from centurion, blocked or landed clean doesn't matter, and with an ally nearby it's GG 100% health to 0 with 0 chance to even try and do anything to defend yourself.