PDA

View Full Version : radiator function

McTriggerhappy
05-13-2004, 11:33 AM
How do you use the radiator to prevent engine overheats?

thanks

McTriggerhappy
05-13-2004, 11:33 AM

thanks

lil_labbit
05-13-2004, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McTriggerhappy:

thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Open it more (this will bleed speed though)

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

PBNA-Boosher
05-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Use prop pitch, (about 65%) and 4 notches of radiator to keep the plane moderately cool while losing the least amount of E. Once you get into combat, close everything, put pitch back up to 100, and floor it, periodically for 2-3 seconds at a time,then close it. On takeoffs and landings always keep the radiator all the way open.

LuckyNed
05-14-2004, 07:29 AM
S! Can I see changes to cowl/raidiator adjustments from within the cockpit? Do all planes allow adjustments to this? I've just started learning about engine adjustments and don't have any text appear on the screen(I turned it off upon install and forget how I did it) Must I switch back to those text mssgs to see what position my cowl is set to? I'm still in the Hurricane(cuz I can read the cockpit indicators..lol) and not even sure it has this feature.

lil_labbit
05-14-2004, 09:14 AM
You can only use it on planes that are equiped with it (not all planes have prop-pitch cowl/radiator). To get the messages back, edit the conf.ini file in the main FB folder using notepad... It's this section:

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.6689453
mapPadY=-0.046875
viewSet=33
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=0
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

ZG77_Lignite
05-14-2004, 09:27 AM
In most aircraft (I'm unfamiliar with the Hurricane) there isn't anything to indicate the radiator 'setting'.

However, it is not impossible to keep track of this even without onscreen messages. It does take a little practice to get used to it, and it might pay to turn on the onscreen messages to get used to 'counting' the radiator settings. Remember that some aircraft have an 'auto' setting, and some don't, so there are two seperate counts (depending upon which aircraft you are in) that you need to know. They go like this:

Aircraft with 'auto' radiators (they start out on 'Auto'): Closed,2,4,6,8,Open,Auto,Closed,2,4,6,8,Open,Auto, Closed.
Note that is too full 'cycles', just say that to yourself as you press the radiator key, and alwayse end it on a setting that you can remember (such as Open, or Closed).

Aircraft without 'auto' radiators cycle like this (they start out on 'closed'):
2,4,6,8,Open,Closed,2,4,6,8,Open,Closed.

LuckyNed
05-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks you for that information!!