PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. For Honor

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 06:37 AM
This game, as a competitive endeavor, is over. The Shinobi and Centrion in their released states have utterly broken the 4v4 matches, especially Dominion. This game was fun while it lasted, sad to see such potential wasted so that people can live their Naruto/Gladiator fantasies.

Someone tell me when the next patch is. Utterly regret buying the Gold Edition thinking they wouldn't butcher their game mechanics a few months after release. It's the polar opposite of the Rainbow Six effect, this game went from promising to trash. I won't even mention the worst matchmaking and connectivity in modern gaming from a major publisher... Or perhaps I just did.

Those of you who will irrationally defend your purchase of this game, I commend you. Good luck out there and enjoy it if you can. It was fun back in the Alpha and Beta with you old timers but this one is dead... Here's hoping for a resurrection someday.

R.I.P. For Honor (Feb. 2017- May 2017)

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 06:42 AM
Bye.

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Farewell.

Bjron_Ironside
05-18-2017, 06:55 AM
Bye. Another less ***** in the community.

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Your attitude right there is why this game is shrinking into irrelevance. Who wants to be in a "share my opinion or die" with a bunch of try hards? Games, even broken ones, can still be fun with the right crowd but that crowd is harder and harder to find these days and part of the reason it's just not worth sticking around right now. The Alpha and Beta crowd were fun guys and girls who actually wanted to play the game as designed, not find and abuse every exploit and bug that came with each patch. Now it's just "win at all costs" and bad attitudes to boot. Thanks for the memories but damn.

Bjron_Ironside
05-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Your attitude right there is why this game is shrinking into irrelevance. Who wants to be in a "share my opinion or die" with a bunch of try hards? Games, even broken ones, can still be fun with the right crowd but that crowd is harder and harder to find these days and part of the reason it's just not worth sticking around right now. The Alpha and Beta crowd were fun guys and girls who actually wanted to play the game as designed, not find and abuse every exploit and bug that came with each patch. Now it's just "win at all costs" and bad attitudes to boot. Thanks for the memories but damn.

Why are you still here?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 07:08 AM

Seriously. What he said. You said what you wanted to say the game is dead and you think the community is trash. So you come TO THE COMMUNITY to trash talk the community and the the game. You then say that its not worth time sticking around. No one is arguing with you.

So why are you still talking?

Eastw00tz.Pyro
05-18-2017, 07:34 AM
Well in one point I have to agree with him... 4v4 Dominion ist broken. My favorite Game Mode in the past.
Really sad of get kicked trough the hole map by 2 centurions, stuck into stuns / crowd control and get pulled by shins outa nowhere while im focusing another enemy.

Its really broken guys... no matter what the fanboys say - Dominion is broken.

Charmzzz
05-18-2017, 07:43 AM
Well in one point I have to agree with him... 4v4 Dominion ist broken. My favorite Game Mode in the past.
Really sad of get kicked trough the hole map by 2 centurions, stuck into stuns / crowd control and get pulled by shins outa nowhere while im focusing another enemy.

Its really broken guys... no matter what the fanboys say - Dominion is broken.

This. You have to jump the CC-train or get busted since the release of the DLC. But I think that it will get better in the next weeks, the new Characters were just released and all the Season Pass guys want to play them. When this calms down (after the non-Season-Pass guys had their week of Cent/Shin) there will be more diverse teams in Dominion again.

If you think that only the new Characters can form a CC-train then you are wrong. Try fighting 2-3 Warden / Conq / Valk / Lawbringer / Warlord. It is the same BS...

Eastw00tz.Pyro
05-18-2017, 07:49 AM
This. You have to jump the CC-train or get busted since the release of the DLC. But I think that it will get better in the next weeks, the new Characters were just released and all the Season Pass guys want to play them. When this calms down (after the non-Season-Pass guys had their week of Cent/Shin) there will be more diverse teams in Dominion again.

If you think that only the new Characters can form a CC-train then you are wrong. Try fighting 2-3 Warden / Conq / Valk / Lawbringer / Warlord. It is the same BS...

I agree and thats the point. Do we need even more CC-Train characters? I dont think so...
The result in 4v4 matches is just getting set up a CC-Train to a save kill / win the match.

For Honor was a great game when I started it because there was something tactical in it... guessing, mixing up your attacks so the oponent wont guess etc.
Now its just "how the fffff... I can kick this *** to get him on the ground to jump on it raaaaaawww"

You see im very sad because i loved the game, even in 4v4. That says 4v4 pre patch wasnt that balanced perfectly, BUT now its out of control.

Krell80
05-18-2017, 07:51 AM

Agree. ^

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 07:56 AM

See this guy gets it.

This is nothing new at all. It just has a new skin.

EmeraldCthulhu
05-18-2017, 08:01 AM
I agree and thats the point. Do we need even more CC-Train characters? I dont think so...
The result in 4v4 matches is just getting set up a CC-Train to a save kill / win the match.

For Honor was a great game when I started it because there was something tactical in it... guessing, mixing up your attacks so the oponent wont guess etc.
Now its just "how the fffff... I can kick this *** to get him on the ground to jump on it raaaaaawww"

You see im very sad because i loved the game, even in 4v4. That says 4v4 pre patch wasnt that balanced perfectly, BUT now its out of control.

This is so, so true. This game was so fun at lunch, before everone just exploited the cheap tactics and glitches, gear was balanced between players and there weren't so many cancer characters like centurion around. The game is in an aweful state. And yes, I play mostley dominion, and it's broken, so, so broken.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2017, 08:05 AM
4v4 has literally been broken since launch. If you thought otherwise sorry but you're delusional. Hero stacking exists. Still no mode 4v4 without gear. Skirmish has REALLY bad spawns. spawn camping is possible in dominion. Feats need a huge rebalance. Feats are off cooldown every round in elim. Revive speed should be toned back. and so on. The game will live so long as 1v1 and 2v2 continue to thrive. which it will. Since hardly anybody takes 4v4 seriously.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
05-18-2017, 08:07 AM
Ok, its probably the wrong place now, but all the "pro"'s seem to read here ;)

I know HOW to counter the centurion, but I cant time it. Cause its to fast (only for me? dont know). So ok let the cent how it is... if you are lucky you dont face 2 of them so you can counter it probably.

But theres another issue I dont get... the shinobis ranged attack / GB.
Imagine... im at a fight with 1 or 2 other guys im focusing on. I see them, I see what they do, I can guess it, counter it, block it etc.

Then... out of nowhere there are heavy attacks that hit me, GB that comes trough... and I dont see ANYTHING.
So what I want to know... Im a blind, or how can I see shinobis ranged attacks when I DONT see the attacking shinobi and Im in a fight with another enemy.

Yesterday I wasnt able to handle with it... its simple to much because I dont see any animation, any Icon... I even dont notice there is something?!

SnugglesIV
05-18-2017, 08:08 AM

But you're not even sharing your opinion dude. You're just venting on the forums and complaining about Shinobi and Centurion without giving any arguments or evidence as to why they are OP. What else do you expect people to say when you haven't said anything of substance?

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Seriously. What he said. You said what you wanted to say the game is dead and you think the community is trash. So you come TO THE COMMUNITY to trash talk the community and the the game. You then say that its not worth time sticking around. No one is arguing with you.

So why are you still talking?

Another prime example of the "Share my opinion or die crowd", creating an echo chamber of blind fanboyism will not save this game. I didn't say I was leaving the community outright, I even told someone to tell me when things are back on their feet and hoped the game will come back. This post was simply addressing the current mess it's in, and if you don't think it's a mess then I question your sanity.

I may duel from time to time but over half the game has become an unplayable mess. Sometimes criticism is hard to hear but it's also necessary at times. Like I said in my initial post, if it's still fun for you, great, I know myself and many others are pretty put off by the current and deteriorating state of the game.

Maybe their patch to address the defensive meta (other than adding these ridiculous champions) and another set of rebalancing may bring it back to viability, here's hoping it does.

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 08:14 AM
But you're not even sharing your opinion dude. You're just venting on the forums and complaining about Shinobi and Centurion without giving any arguments or evidence as to why they are OP. What else do you expect people to say when you haven't said anything of substance?

There's numerous threads addressing the myriad issues with each of the new champions, individually, feel free to use the search button and you'll find plenty. No need to repeat them here, not like Ubi reads this stuff anyway lol

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 08:15 AM
There's numerous threads addressing the myriad issues with each of the new champions, individually, feel free to use the search button and you'll find plenty. No need to repeat them here, not like Ubi reads this stuff anyway lol

So your defense for meaningless whining is that everybody else is already covering all the specific things to whine about so you just made a thread to simply whine without purpose?

Herbstlicht
05-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Well, honestly, I did jump the new OP-Train too. At least now Samurai got the Shinobi and play along with this stuff as well. So until Nobushi and Kensei get fixed, I can have some fun with Shinobi. I mean he play lovely, so much fun .. really enjoying it. In 1on1 I am stull crushing my opponents. So Shinobi is at least stronger then my former Main :) But it is ok, Game will be evolving, we might be playing the fotm more often then not, but .. will all be part of the game.

I mean, who cares as long as it's fun, right?

Tech-comment: Game is very stable for me still. 0 Problems since S2.

kweassa1917
05-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Another prime example of the "Share my opinion or die crowd", creating an echo chamber of blind fanboyism will not save this game. I didn't say I was leaving the community outright, I even told someone to tell me when things are back on their feet and hoped the game will come back. This post was simply addressing the current mess it's in, and if you don't think it's a mess then I question your sanity.

I may duel from time to time but over half the game has become an unplayable mess. Sometimes criticism is hard to hear but it's also necessary at times. Like I said in my initial post, if it's still fun for you, great, I know myself and many others are pretty put off by the current and deteriorating state of the game.

Maybe their patch to address the defensive meta (other adding these ridiculous champions) and another set of rebalancing may bring it back to viability, here's hoping it does.

Why the fek are u still here? Please go away.

You're not part of the community anymore, so why harrass people from a game you don't even play? We really don't care about what you think of the game. Hey, maybe you hate it. Cool, dude. Keep hating, but STFU and go hate it yourself in some unaudible corner of the earth, instead of showing up on people who actually like the game and continuously harrassing and bothering people with your broken, twisted obnoxious crusade.

No amount of your incessant and continuous whining and crying and doomsaying is going to make us change our minds, so stop preaching to a hostile crowd and GTFO of your martyr fantasy, and please, just go away.

Please don't come back! :D Nobody likes whiney leeches like an ex that just won't stay away, dude.

See, I'll be blunt here. People aren't being hostile to you because they have different opinons. People hate you because you're attitude is that of a whiney lil spoiled brat throwing a tantrum in the middle of a mall, and it's obnoxious.

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 08:18 AM
So your defense for meaningless whining is that everybody else is already covering all the specific things to whine about so you just made a thread to simply whine without purpose?

If it's so meaningless why are you sitting here reading it? You can click the "back" button in your browser if you don't wish to read it buddy.

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 08:20 AM
Why the fek are u still here? Please go away.

You're not part of the community anymore, so why harrass people from a game you don't even play? We really don't care about what you think of the game. Hey, maybe you hate it. Cool, dude. Keep hating, but STFU and go hate it yourself in some unaudible corner of the earth, instead of showing up on people who actually like the game and continuously harrassing and bothering people with your broken, twisted obnoxious crusade.

No amount of your incessant and continuous whining and crying and doomsaying is going to make us change our minds, so stop preaching to a hostile crowd and GTFO of your martyr fantasy, and please, just go away.

Please don't come back! :D Nobody likes whiney leeches like an ex that just won't stay away, dude.

The fact that you consider yourself a "hostile crowd" kinda says a lot about the situation doesn't it?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 08:20 AM
If it's so meaningless why are you sitting here reading it? You can click the "back" button in your browser if you don't wish to read it buddy.

We aren't talking about me. Nice try at deflection though.

You said the game is dead.

You said the community is trash.

You said the communities attitude is trash.

I will ask again.

Why are you still here talking then?

SnugglesIV
05-18-2017, 08:22 AM

It's common courtesy to lay out your argument when you are trying to prove a claim my dude. Asking someone to "look for yourself" generally means you can't rationally defend yourself.

Also, if you actually posted YOUR problems then people could give some advice and constructive criticism (like I have been doing when people are asking for it). I'm sorry that you can't be bothered to learn new things. =,)

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 08:22 AM
We aren't talking about me. Nice try at deflection though.

You said the game is dead.

You said the community is trash.

You said the communities attitude is trash.

I will ask again.

Why are you still here talking then?

Well, you keep replying so I don't want to leave you hanging. I'm also reading other threads and this one keeps popping back up because you have some weird obsession with it lol

jeffero77
05-18-2017, 08:27 AM
It's common courtesy to lay out your argument when you are trying to prove a claim my dude. Asking someone to "look for yourself" generally means you can't rationally defend yourself.

Also, if you actually posted YOUR problems then people could give some advice and constructive criticism (like I have been doing when people are asking for it). I'm sorry that you can't be bothered to learn new things. =,)

I learn plenty of new things, unfortunately trying to relearn the same game every time there's a patch is a bit more than should be required for a typical leisure activity. Not all of us spend every day and night playing one particular game. Wouldn't be as much of an issue if there was a Ranked vs. Casual playlist but alas that it is also missing as well so... I guess we'll be waiting for that too.

SnugglesIV
05-18-2017, 08:29 AM
I learn plenty of new things, unfortunately trying to relearn the same game every time there's a patch is a bit more than should be required for a typical leisure activity. Not all of us spend every day and night playing one particular game. Wouldn't be as much of an issue if there was a Ranked vs. Casual playlist but alas that it is also missing as well so... I guess we'll be waiting for that too.

I don't spend all day and night learning the game. I literally spent less than an hour to learn Centurion and watched Klyka's quick tips on Centurion and Shinobi. I'm totally fine. The only thing I have a problem with is Centurion stacking, and even then I know that once a hero limit is implemented then it will be fine.

DrExtrem
05-18-2017, 08:31 AM
I think, that the rest of the players will join the fotm-train next Tuesday.

At least in dominion - and everybody with half a brain can pull

The game is certainly not in a good shape.

However, it is neither helpful to write "goodbye" threads, nor to comment them with smug crap. This community is toxic enough - even without it.

kweassa1917
05-18-2017, 08:32 AM
I mean like, when you break up with a partner, spouse, boy/girlfriend, do you usually linger around and try to badmouth them to anyone who comes in contact with them?

I've seen a few losers like that way back in high school... they never end the relationship cleanly. They hang around like a sad fart lingering in the air that won't go away.

It's sad, and it's creepy. :rolleyes:

You hate this game? Fine by me.
Go away, get a new game.
I wish you have a blast with it.

...but ohhh no, people like this, when they find a new game, they come back to the boards, and then start preaching how that game is more superior than this game, don't they :D

Predictable, these losers.