PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing connection issues and a ridiculous matchmaking system

tombrune8
05-18-2017, 02:03 AM
UbiNoty
Hi all, we sincerely apologize for the difficulties you've been having. We're still working to improve connection and network stability and appreciate your patience and understanding as you bear with us.

Please report the problems you're experiencing to support - they'll be able to help you out more there.
I'll also move this over into community support. We have a few megathreads in which you can post your issues and someone should be there to help you.

I appreciate the "good intentions", but you and I both know that no one in the world can "help" me with this "issue", because it's not an issue, it's Ubisoft's conscious, stubborn choice to use P2P instead of ip servers.
instead of trying to shut people up by transferring their threads to "community support" forum, just accept it - there is nothing you can do that will make P2P work for this game, unless you really have a new revolutionary technology up your sleeves, and judging by how your game looks 3 months after launch, you clearly don't.

so no, I am not going to submit a useless support ticket. just going to remind you every once in a while that your game is still ridiculously faulty.

Mia.Nora
05-18-2017, 03:01 AM
Community Support is the carpet they sweep threads under.

Best part is with 1.07 nothing is fixed, but they added a new line to error messages saying: Please check your internet connection.

At this point they are just trying to save face hoping they can make a few more bucks before game totally bunks.

UbiNoty
05-18-2017, 03:04 AM
We're trying to have more of a presence in community support as we've put in a new system for players to report issues. The more organized we can keep the error reports, the more focused and efficient we can be on the problems and how we go about solving them. I apologize if you feel that way, but I'm merely trying my best to direct anyone having issues to the proper channel for help.

Mia.Nora
05-18-2017, 03:15 AM
We're trying to have more of a presence in community support as we've put in a new system for players to report issues. The more organized we can keep the error reports, the more focused and efficient we can be on the problems and how we go about solving them. I apologize if you feel that way, but I'm merely trying my best to direct anyone having issues to the proper channel for help.

If there were solid examples of people actually getting help by their threads being in community forums, the perception would not be that way.

As someone who had a major issue, whose threads were consistently thrown into community support to be left there, where tickets were left unanswered for weeks, only to be answered with cookie cutter 'did you forward your ports' nonsense after weeks AGAIN.

Whole thing is clearly a delay tactic, where the purpose is making people wait long enough that they will eventually drop it.

Dutchie21
05-18-2017, 03:15 AM
Bro the issue is we are sick of getting disconnected from games and the constant resyncing screwing up our fights. P2P was and is the single dumbest idea for a 2017 AAA online game.

Mia.Nora
05-18-2017, 03:33 AM
Bro the issue is we are sick of getting disconnected from games and the constant resyncing screwing up our fights. P2P was and is the single dumbest idea for a 2017 AAA online game.

1v1 online game,it is ok. For a teambased 8 man online game yeah it is the dumbest thing they couid do.. But hey they saved 7 cents, so that is a good thing!

kweassa1917
05-18-2017, 03:40 AM
It's the slew of new players and old players returning for season2 that's the problem, rather than matchmaking or connection.

1. People with crap connections/ISPs stopped playing the game for some time
2. Season2 comes, they start logging in again, also certain amount of new players are playing as well

Result: Crap connection players + players who are either obsolete due to lack of practice + new players = the exact things you are experiencing right now.

It'll probably return to normal once the novelty wears off.

GlaciesD
05-18-2017, 03:41 AM
I recently got back to this game after a few months break. And I'm sad to see that the long long queue times and connection issues still presist. I still really like the game play, but the aformentioned issues are more than enough to limit my time with this game to 2-3 matches per session (which stupidly can take up to 2 hours still).

mammakamelen
05-18-2017, 05:21 AM
The game died out. Understandably, reading the reviews from the people who bought it.

tombrune8
05-18-2017, 10:58 AM

I absolutely don't blame you for doing your job. I totally understand that you are currently in the worst possible position, having to take the heat for something you have no control over and obviously is not your fault.

I commend you for your patience under the circumstances.

your job right now is damage control. Unfortunately - damage control is all Ubisoft is actually doing. god knows they are not solving anything. only shoving new content down our throats.

It's not going to work, and I encourage you to bring this notion to your employers, if you'r really trying to help.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Connection issues? 0 since the update.

The matchmaking? No issues since the game released.

tombrune8
05-18-2017, 11:17 AM

good for you.

you'r the absolute exception.

unfortunately, the vast majority of comments and threads on this forum beg to differ.

but thanks for the private status report. much appreciated.

I'll clear something out: when mentioning the matchmaking system, I didn't mean the waiting times (which admittedly were improved), I'm talking about things like when there are 6 players in a dominion game, and the system not only doesn't take level and renown into account, but also puts 4 players against 2 players + 2 bots. (sometimes the 4 players are of a higher lvl and renown than the 2 players paired with the 2 bots...)

M0nty_1
05-18-2017, 03:08 PM

Lucky you. It has chucked me out of Dominion 5 times in a row on 2 different days since the update.
Matchmaking seems to be slower at the start also.

Re the "uneven" matchmaking tombrune8 refers to - I believe it matchmakes people on their overall renown, not that of the hero they choose, and that is assuming it can find a match for your skill level. This will mean that my overall renown is 20 it will try to match me with other people at that level, and it doesn't matter that I am playing a particular hero for the first time. This makes it look very uneven, becase we can't see the overall renown of people we are matched with.

Also, I have observed people dropping out while in the loading screen, so if there are uneven numbers of bots, it could be that the game originally had them even, but a player dropped out. Fortunately, I find that usually the bots are replaced by real players pretty quickly.

xATMxLILMARC
05-18-2017, 03:20 PM
we're trying to have more of a presence in community support as we've put in a new system for players to report issues. The more organized we can keep the error reports, the more focused and efficient we can be on the problems and how we go about solving them. I apologize if you feel that way, but i'm merely trying my best to direct anyone having issues to the proper channel for help.

we dont want to hear this crap anymore just get dedicated servers