PDA

View Full Version : Gear Stat Confusion

Moks1
05-17-2017, 11:10 PM
So, the new Gear System is in and needless to say it's very confusing.

No longer can you easily compare gear stats, and there is no indication which gear is of which minmax, making it hard to develop the optimal build for your playstyle.

So atm there would seem to be two types of gearsets. Each of these have their own focuses, aka the stat that they increase the most, and a stat they reduce the most:

Balanced - basically increases all of them, but at a smaller scale. This was introduced in Season 2. This gearset is objectively better than not having gear, so if you can't pick between a stat you want to upgrade, this set is your man.

Focused - increases one stat greatly, one stat slightly, and reduces a stat.

Now, you would think this would suffice, you just gotta find your minmax (the focuses for the stats that you want) and your golden.

Please let me know if I got anything wrong, and I'll amend it.

You would be wrong though.

I would like to present you two sets of gear which are seemingly identical with one... small... difference...

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNxlEOgyAMANC7cABKkU7xNgQJmikltMaPZXff3tf7mHucZ jW7apcVYDsk89isKI9Ui63M9SypH2IzX5BUU96v0lTAx0g0BU8 Y0c20BA8TBlwI8f-Xm9EFhLu9Gz_N9lbN9wcGoSLO.HBY-P7yhzDOtKEnb40DKgt27lh0?width=832&height=468

See that? The two gears in question are the middle bottom ones, both level 14. They have identical stats, except for one. They are the same rank, they upgrade in the same fashion, one is just better.

So this begs the question: should you not start upgrading your gear until you find ALL of the possible pieces? Seems like it. Otherwise there is no way you can know that the minmax you have is actually the... minmaxiest, for the lack of the better term.

I would really like to know the reasoning behind these gears as well. You would think there would be rhyme and reason to the base-stats of each, but I'm starting to have my doubts...

Anyway, what do you guys think? I originally complained about this on one of the Discords, and they recommended I post it here, so here it is. I can provide screenshots if people want them.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 11:16 PM
This is hopefully a bug.. otherwise, they just added even more rng into it, which is not the way to go in a game like this. I'de try and contact live support and see if they can shed any light on the subject.

UbiNoty
05-17-2017, 11:47 PM
I'll ask the team to see if they can give some clarification on this.

Father_Giliam
05-19-2017, 01:09 AM
Any update on this?

UbiNoty
05-19-2017, 01:16 AM
Any update on this?

We put out more detailed descriptors (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-290879-16/this-week-in-for-honor-5182017) for each stat but no real in-depth stuff yet. Will keep asking!

Gray360UK
05-19-2017, 03:53 AM
We put out more detailed descriptors (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-290879-16/this-week-in-for-honor-5182017) for each stat but no real in-depth stuff yet. Will keep asking!

Cheers for that link :)

Just a heads up, for me at least, the link in that article that says it goes to the Players Activity Website is a broken link.

REVAMPED PLAYER ACTIVITIES WEBSITE

The best destination to get your player’s stats, customize your emblem and get the latest Faction War results is the Player’s Activities website. For Season Two, we tweaked the page and revamped our stats interface so you can better track your stats for each Hero. Make sure to stop by!

This might be better:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/player-activities/index.aspx

SuomiKissa
05-19-2017, 04:50 AM
"No longer can you easily compare gear stats, and there is no indication which gear is of which minmax, making it hard to develop the optimal build for your playstyle."

This is now the biggest problem with the number display.
Since we do not know the max gear, you will pay for the wrong gears. Now I've done it twice, tons wasted.