PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi and centurion unplayable for other heroes.fix it or this game is over

GannicusWarrior
05-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Shinobi and centurion much more powerful and faster than other heroes its almost impossible to beat them.you should fix this that you did or else everyone will leave from this game.we had connections errors we lived with that but the issue not to be fair to play with the 2 new ones i wont tolerate that.i have given more than 150 euros for this game and dlc but this situation is so bad.

KalkPost
05-17-2017, 10:13 PM
crybaby

I bet you were also one of those *****ing about PK.

Enjolras_ABC
05-17-2017, 10:15 PM
Shinobi and centurion much more powerful and faster than other heroes its almost impossible to beat them.you should fix this that you did or else everyone will leave from this game.we had connections errors we lived with that but the issue not to be fair to play with the 2 new ones i wont tolerate that.i have given more than 150 euros for this game and dlc but this situation is so bad.

The problem is that you need to play more games against them to understand their moves. They will be avalible next week so this wont be an issue anymore.

Sekiro...
05-17-2017, 10:19 PM
resume of today:
centurion kick... stab, stab, stab, i'm dead without do a single attack

UbiNoty
05-18-2017, 12:15 AM
We'll be keeping an eye on the new heroes to see where they stand compared to the other heroes and collecting community feedback - if we see that a balance change needs to be made we will most certainly address it.

PecarCZ
05-18-2017, 12:30 AM
Centurion:his drain enemy stamina is too high 2x-3x kicks and im out of stamina and his dmg combo is so broken 50-60% hp + all my stamina.At open fields its easy to dodge but in small place or if he gets you to wall is auto gg.His kick need have more stamina spend.Shinobi: too big revenge gain (today i play vs level4 shinobi with level7 gear and he got revenge every 3 light attack what he got or some attack what i got) his revenge gain is 200-300% bigger vs other heroes with rep4-rep5 gear.His range GB is so broken (have incredible little window to counter vs normal GB and sometimes his GB symbol show with delay (he use gb and when he catch me i see GB symbol) his range GB need same time to Counter as normal GB.His kicks need to be fixed because when he use side kick and i dodge he turn in air and kick me with Heroes what have small dodge like nobushi its almost impossible dodge his unblockable.

Oupyz
05-18-2017, 12:46 AM
i do hope they look at Shinobi kick , it's so ****ing broken and has no recovery frame so even if u dodge it which is highly unllikely to happen u can't push it , instead he will punish you with a gb :(

how did that pass testing , god knows ***** UBISOFT :@

XxHunterHxX
05-18-2017, 12:49 AM
OMG shut UP i got my *** kicked ALOT if you know how to parry or doge concurer and shinobi ir ****

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 12:57 AM
My experience was rough the first day, but now I am winning consistently against the Centurian and roughly 60% of the time against the Shinobi

For the record I use Beserker, Raider, Conqueror and Orochi.

Just like everything else that is new and unfamiliar you are gonna have issues, but once you get the combos down and the timings down its just like any other match up.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 12:59 AM
My experience was rough the first day, but now I am winning consistently against the Centurian and roughly 60% of the time against the Shinobi

For the record I use Beserker, Raider, Conqueror and Orochi.

Just like everything else that is new and unfamiliar you are gonna have issues, but once you get the combos down and the timings down its just like any other match up.

These threads started appearing eight hours after release. After eleven hours, someone complained that a purple gear level 'turtle breaker' wrecked his warlord in two shots. let's put that into perspective, someone was claiming that someone on one of the new heroes had more than 63 levels in eleven hours.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:03 AM
These threads started appearing eight hours after release. After eleven hours, someone complained that a purple gear level 'turtle breaker' wrecked his warlord in two shots. let's put that into perspective, someone was claiming that someone on one of the new heroes had more than 63 levels in eleven hours.

I know lol

Thats why you haven't seen me here. I knew that these threads would be here and felt like enjoying the content rather than worrying about what the reactive crybabies would have to say.

The new heroes are Mid to High Tier so they are powerful, but they are FAR from broken.

BeefMan_
05-18-2017, 01:05 AM
someone was claiming that someone on one of the new heroes had more than 63 levels in eleven hours.
Entirely possible if you nolife

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 01:07 AM
I know lol

Thats why you haven't seen me here. I knew that these threads would be here and felt like enjoying the content rather than worrying about what the reactive crybabies would have to say.

The new heroes are Mid to High Tier so they are powerful, but they are FAR from broken.

Which have you used? I have been working with the shinobi.

SerArthur-Dayne
05-18-2017, 01:16 AM
i do hope they look at Shinobi kick , it's so ****ing broken and has no recovery frame so even if u dodge it which is highly unllikely to happen u can't push it , instead he will punish you with a gb :(

how did that pass testing , god knows ***** UBISOFT :@

Get the class to rep 1 and come back here with feedback. You complain about literally everything saying its "inescapable" or "unavoidable" over the months, theyve been out for a single day and your asking for nerfs before anyone knows how to play with them/ counter then yet.

Your stats say your in the bottom KD with a lot of chars/ to average on your best chars. Your obviously inexperienced at the game and still learning basic stuff. Sorry but you are the EXACT type of people Ubi need to stop listening to. They need to let the win % of chars speak for themselves over a decent period of time, and see what the compedative play is, and who is used.

MASTAHKILLER48
05-18-2017, 01:17 AM
Hey I am curious how did you do it exactly? I have been using raider but getting my butt kicked! These new characters have been rough on me, they seem like crazy with their combos not sure if it's just me or what.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:18 AM
Which have you used? I have been working with the shinobi.

I have been using the Centurian on my buddies account. (House sitting for him till the weekend)

He is a one trick pony, but the trick is a good one. I like the Utility of the Kick as well. In group fights if someone is going off on a friend that kick can save some lives.

Vordred
05-18-2017, 01:19 AM
the Shinobi's kick really needs looking at, that thing has priority over everything, even if i hit or shove them, it still goes through and kicks me

SendRickPics
05-18-2017, 01:20 AM
We'll be keeping an eye on the new heroes to see where they stand compared to the other heroes and collecting community feedback - if we see that a balance change needs to be made we will most certainly address it.

As of right now, the Shinobi is by and far the most infuriating character to fight against. The Centurion is powerful and dangerous with his crowd control, yes, but the Shinobi is the ultimate king of spam right now.

Playing as a Centurion myself right now, fighting against a Shinobi is almost impossible. They move too quickly and are almost impossible to punish with a guardbreak, they have ranged attacks, and their light spam outpaces the Centurion's ability to change guard. Even if the guard could keep pace, it wouldn't matter as the animations for the Shinobi's attacks are so quick that I'd dare to say they are almost impossible to react to without a dodge.

Overall, I think the Shinobi needs to be slowed down.

To note, the above experience was played on PS4, Console and is not indicative of a PC user's experience.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:22 AM
The Shinobi kick is the ONLY Thing I could see needing a slight adjustment.

Other than that the Shinobi and Centurian are 100% balanced in my opinion.

BeefMan_
05-18-2017, 01:24 AM
The current (or previous, I suppose) was turtling. Both these characters are insanely good at beating turtles. Do the math.
They are, at best, examples of extreme powercreep.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 01:29 AM
The Shinobi kick is the ONLY Thing I could see needing a slight adjustment.

Other than that the Shinobi and Centurian are 100% balanced in my opinion.

I don't know with the kick, people are talking like they only react after the second dodge. Here is the thing, if a shinobi is dodging towards you, what can they do off it except dodge again? I think if people learned to react to the first dodge which has no utility but for positioning or for a second dodge, they would find it easier.

That_guy44
05-18-2017, 01:32 AM
I think the word balanced gets thrown around too lightly. If everyone was balanced there wouldn't be different tiers.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:33 AM
People seem to see the Shinobi dancing all over the place and think he is OP because of his movement. The reality is he NEEDS that movement because he has NO health. One good combo and he is either dead or dying. His hits do not do unbelievable damage individually. His strength lies in combos and breaking up combos in this game is hilariously easy.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Once people get the timing down and the combos down the Shinobi and the Centurian will be just like every other Hero. They will have strengths, weaknesses, good matchups and bad matchups.

All will be calm and all will be good.

BeefMan_
05-18-2017, 01:35 AM
Shinobi can delay the kick. If you dodge it, he can GB you. If you don't , he can continue with the kick and get his free heavy/chain.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 01:36 AM
People seem to see the Shinobi dancing all over the place and think he is OP because of his movement. The reality is he NEEDS that movement because he has NO health. One good combo and he is either dead or dying. His hits do not do unbelievable damage individually. His strength lies in combos and breaking up combos in this game is hilariously easy.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Once people get the timing down and the combos down the Shinobi and the Centurian will be just like every other Hero. They will have strengths, weaknesses, good matchups and bad matchups.

All will be calm and all will be good.

There is one combo that is nasty, and if anything I would say needs toning down, however it is a difficult chain to get the first two hits in (technically it only needs the second but both for full damage). I took a warden from full to critical with spider silk whip chained into forward roll crush into the sickle rain.

Shinobi can delay the kick. If you dodge it, he can GB you. If you don't , he can continue with the kick and get his free heavy/chain.

Or you could stab him out of his kick, or you could dodge after the first dodge rather than react to the second.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:39 AM
There is one combo that is nasty, and if anything I would say needs toning down, however it is a difficult chain to get the first two hits in (technically it only needs the second but both for full damage). I took a warden from full to critical with spider silk whip chained into forward roll crush into the sickle rain.

See this is where people who want nerfs and me differ.

My official stance is that if you can land the blows you deserve the damage. I hate the Turtle meta and the fact both of these Heroes are specifically designed you mess you up if you turtle up is amazing to me.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 01:41 AM
See this is where people who want nerfs and me differ.

My official stance is that if you can land the blows you deserve the damage. I hate the Turtle meta and the fact both of these Heroes are specifically designed you mess you up if you turtle up is amazing to me.

Oh certainly, I love that they can open turtles. That chain was probably what caused a warden to meltdown at me and write a rant so long it took two xbox messages lol, and the opener to the chain is punishable if you can parry, it is just the only one until the hatemail I thought...ok I might feel a little bad lol.

BeefMan_
05-18-2017, 01:42 AM

Yes
These new characters are extremely good at countering the rest of the cast
That is the problem

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 01:44 AM
Yes
That is the problem

Here is the thing though, I think that will go down as people learn the new characters. There is a simple reason that anyone who has the moveset down is currently at an advantage, because they are fighting opponents they have fought for three months, they know their tricks. If people stick with it, get into a few bot battles and learn them, quality of life goes up right away.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:45 AM
Yes
That is the problem

Thats the thing.

ONLY IF YOU TURTLE UP

I have had no issues on my Zerker or my Raider with these guys because I don't bother trying to parry or GB my way to victory. I go in guns blazing and FIGHT them.

If you try to fight them the way you have been fighting since the game came out you are gonna have a bad time.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 01:47 AM
Thats the thing.

ONLY IF YOU TURTLE UP

I have had no issues on my Zerker or my Raider with these guys because I don't bother trying to parry or GB my way to victory. I go in guns blazing and FIGHT them.

If you try to fight them the way you have been fighting since the game came out you are gonna have a bad time.

Zerkers in dominion...after one match I think my shinobi has nightmares, sudden flash of axes from behind, respawn screen. Shinobi have to keep their head on a swivel in general in dominion lol.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:52 AM
Zerkers in dominion...after one match I think my shinobi has nightmares, sudden flash of axes from behind, respawn screen. Shinobi have to keep their head on a swivel in general in dominion lol.

Exactly.

Shinobi are meat to any of the hardest hitting classes in Dominion. I just need a few hits and you are gonna be dead if you are Shinobi.

The Shinobi is the ultimate Risk/Reward class. Yeah everything you do is fast and intricate, but if you mess up you are gonna get smacked.

BeefMan_
05-18-2017, 01:54 AM
Thats the thing.

ONLY IF YOU TURTLE UP

There is a reason turtling is the meta, my dude, and it's because playing aggressively will get you killed. These characters are just as good at countering aggressive play as the rest of the cast, the only difference is that they are completely safe while being hyperaggressive themselves.

CandleInTheDark
05-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Exactly.

Shinobi are meat to any of the hardest hitting classes in Dominion. I just need a few hits and you are gonna be dead if you are Shinobi.

The Shinobi is the ultimate Risk/Reward class. Yeah everything you do is fast and intricate, but if you mess up you are gonna get smacked.

Which I quite like about it, I have to pick my battles, even in 1v1 I have to pick my moments, the moment I let someone get behind me or the moment I get predictable I am dead very quickly.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 01:57 AM
There is a reason turtling is the meta, my dude, and it's because playing aggressively will get you killed. These characters are just as good at countering aggressive play as the rest of the cast, the only difference is that they are completely safe while being hyperaggressive themselves.

Whoa whoa whoa

You are telling me that if I fight in a fighting game I could die?

I for one am shocked and deeply disturbed by this unbelievable discovery.

BeefMan_
05-18-2017, 01:58 AM
Whoa whoa whoa

You are telling me that if I fight in a fighting game I could die?

I for one am shocked and deeply disturbed by this unbelievable discovery.

Nice counterpoint, my dude, totally wrecked my argument

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 02:06 AM
Nice counterpoint, my dude, totally wrecked my argument

Your argument is that they can't be punished for being aggressive. The fact that many people (Myself included) have been spending the last few days doing exactly that tells me that your argument is not a very good one so I made a joke my bad.

The entire point of the Turtle meta is people don't wanna die and keep their precious K/Ds as high as possible so they get all the womenz with their ballin stats.

News Flash.

Stats are meaningless overall and the only one that matters is the Win/Loss ratio and the moment that this becomes clear to the majority of the playerbase will be the moment this game becomes truly fun to play. People will sit and dance all over just to avoid fighting because they don't wanna die. In my experience the people who fight that way are the people who most often die and lose the matches.

Those are also the kind of people that come to the forums and endlessly whine and moan about how *Insert Hero* is totes OP cuz reasons and thats a fact because I say so.

The turtle meta does NOTHING but make players think the best way to win is to do nothing and that by taking the initiative and fighting like hell people are doing something wrong when they aren't. The best games I have had in this game are when I play my characters without a care in the world. I don't worry about what my opponent is doing because my opponent needs to be worried about what I am doing.

These heroes are the first in what I am hoping is gonna be a long line of changes in this game that rewards the people who actually FIGHT rather than the people who wanna WAIT.

BeefMan_
05-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Your argument is that they can't be punished for being aggressive. The fact that many people (Myself included) have been spending the last few days doing exactly that tells me that your argument is not a very good one so I made a joke my bad.

The entire point of the Turtle meta is people don't wanna die and keep their precious K/Ds as high as possible so they get all the womenz with their ballin stats.

News Flash.

Stats are meaningless overall and the only one that matters is the Win/Loss ratio and the moment that this becomes clear to the majority of the playerbase will be the moment this game becomes truly fun to play. People will sit and dance all over just to avoid fighting because they don't wanna die. In my experience the people who fight that way are the people who most often die and lose the matches.

Those are also the kind of people that come to the forums and endlessly whine and moan about how *Insert Hero* is totes OP cuz reasons and thats a fact because I say so.

The turtle meta does NOTHING but make players think the best way to win is to do nothing and that by taking the initiative and fighting like hell people are doing something wrong when they aren't. The best games I have had in this game are when I play my characters without a care in the world. I don't worry about what my opponent is doing because my opponent needs to be worried about what I am doing.

These heroes are the first in what I am hoping is gonna be a long line of changes in this game that rewards the people who actually FIGHT rather than the people who wanna WAIT.

The point of the turtling meta is that waiting for your opponent to make a mistake is a much more sure-fire way to win than actually outplaying him. Not to mention parries are extremely easy to pull off (especially on PC) and will usually lead to decent amounts of free damage. None of the other cast has as much as offensive capability as the new characters, but the new characters have exactly the same defensive capability (Shinobi probably has more) as the old ones. They were deliberately powercreeped in, but the rest of the cast has not had the necessary buffs to play on the same aggressive level as Shinobi/Centurion.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 02:19 AM
The point of the turtling meta is that waiting for your opponent to make a mistake is a much more sure-fire way to win than actually outplaying him. Not to mention parries are extremely easy to pull off (especially on PC) and will usually lead to decent amounts of free damage. None of the other cast has as much as offensive capability as the new characters, but the new characters have exactly the same defensive capability (Shinobi probably has more) as the old ones. They were deliberately powercreeped in, but the rest of the cast has not had the necessary buffs to play on the same aggressive level as Shinobi/Centurion.

Then we will simply have to agree to disagree.

I have ZERO issues going full on Wolverine Bezerker against either of them. I am able to regularly walk up and just start laying into them without much more trouble than I have with anyone of the older heroes. As for THEM playing aggressively I have no issues dealing with their aggression anymore than I do with any other class.

It all comes down to the player not the Hero. Having a great kit helps, but the higher skilled player will win out 90% of the time.

subnet
05-18-2017, 02:22 AM
resume of today:
centurion kick... stab, stab, stab, i'm dead without do a single attack

how about you dodge left or dodge back or dodge right?!, duh!