PDA

View Full Version : Ranked mode? NOT EVEN CLOSE TO READY - Ubifail

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 08:22 PM
1. Server issues. Having a DC during a ranked match would make the keyboard and controller industry a lot of money. P2P is a proven fail.

2. Matchmaking. Current matchmaking is dreadful. Trying to climb a ladder when facing and losing to higher ranked players will cause a lot of /delete.

3. Turtle Meta. Defense is too strong in this game. Good duels are boring to play. I faced a good Valk the other day. Once I turtled up it became stagnant very fast until he grew frustrated. I won and he stormed out of the lobby.

4. No testing of new content. Devs slow to provide feedback. Pay to Win. Imagine the debacle of playing ranked and having them nerf or buff or add a new character. Ranked play would be destroyed. They constantly and repeatedly mess things up and then take WEEKS to even admit they need to change things and then additional WEEKS to apply patches.

5. Ubi has a bad reputation. They released the game to HUGE CRITICISM for their lack of communication with the player base. The imbalance was real and very painful. it took MONTHS to start to fix. They started the slow process to fix it, and it was working. Then they release OP toons that destroy all the balance work they put in with one fell swoop behind a pay wall no less.. I dont trust these guys and in a ranked environment players who lose will blame UBISOFT for their losses. Nothing kills a ranked game quicker than this.

6. Balance - This game is one of the least balanced games I've ever played. We beg and scream and plead for months to fix balance. They take 20 steps int he right direction for balance. I started to play again and have fun. Then they release The Centurion.. All that hard work gets pissed away. YOU CANNOT HAVE RANKED PLAY WITH THINGS AS IMBALANCED AS THEY ARE... Even the original toons are imbalanced. Homogenous matches will chase players away. Getting smashed by toons that feel like they are from For Honor 2 makes the experience feel directed by money and not by competition or fun.

IN CONCLUSION - This game is years away from being able to execute and sustain ranked play at this point. Their biggest issue is balance and they just shat all over balance in this recent patch. I feel the Greed dripping from ubisoft like venom. If you cant trust the company who creates and releases the content with ANYTHING how do you think your ranked playing experience will be???

Blasto95
05-17-2017, 08:36 PM
1) Server issues, well known. No argument there. Im patient and will just take a break if things get bad (like last couple of months before the recent stability update). But ya no ranked mode until servers are good. Theyve already stated this. They will not be releasing ranked mode without stable AND dedicated servers. (theyre experimenting not using P2P with ranked mode)

2) Matchmaking also no argument. Theyve mentioned it, plan for a change during season 2, but ill have to see it to believe it.

3) Defensive meta. I think Ubisoft not only want to but needs to fix this. iSkys put on a clinic why defensive players are rewarded to much when he dueled Sacriel in group stages. Theyve mentioned it and one of the few things I have faith in them changing.

4) they announced test servers for Ranked mode.

5) Ubi has gotten a bad rap recently, however they have proven to make a number of good games. Every company has some down time. Rainbow six Siege was a decent let down at first and has turned around to be one of the best console games.

6) I think theyve done a good job on balance with how much theyve had to handle. Theyve made a number of changes, and have actively been listening to the community, and showing them reasons as to why things are changed or not. Not many games do this at all.

I agree with alot of your points. And I think a reliable ranked mode is a year away most likely, just maybe over exaggerated on some points. Ubi for sure has some greed, but they are a business first...

EDG_Avocado
05-17-2017, 10:58 PM
there aren't any server issues cuz there are no servers.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 11:23 PM
6) I think theyve done a good job on balance with how much theyve had to handle. Theyve made a number of changes, and have actively been listening to the community, and showing them reasons as to why things are changed or not. Not many games do this at all.

I agree with alot of your points. And I think a reliable ranked mode is a year away most likely, just maybe over exaggerated on some points. Ubi for sure has some greed, but they are a business first...

Thanks for your analysis.

I think every step forward with regard to balance they made in the last 2 months has been destroyed with the release of the Centurion and to a far lesser extent the Shinobi..

Just duel a lvl 3 bot or competent player for proof of just how OP a Centurion is.

If you dont feel like that go watch one of the competent streamers out there and watch the results they are getting with Cent..

SHAME

cragar212
05-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Balance is terrible if you compared it to a traditional fighter. Just an inexperienced team with this genre. They care and are trying atleast.

Think I'm picking up Injustice 2 this weekend

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 07:22 PM
Yeah Im looking for other games to play right now as well. No luck so far.