PDA

View Full Version : UBI really needs to let us know what the gear stat changes actually mean

SplugeKing
05-17-2017, 06:49 PM
For example if i have negative 25% on my debuff resistance, does that mean that a peacekeepers GB and bleed do more than the (I think) 32 max damage?

If anyone knows the answer to this or another example, please respond.

CHawkins27
05-17-2017, 06:56 PM
I'd rather just go back to the old gear system. These new numbers are confusing and give us really no insight to what the difference is. I can get +3 attack on a level 3 sword, but that same sword gives me -23% block damage and I there's no explanation for it. At least the old system there was a simple bar

SplugeKing
05-17-2017, 07:04 PM
I tend to agree. I understand necessary trade offs for balance purposes but with 4 crates used (saving the others) and a handful of games played yesterday, i haven't received any positive gear for revenge gained on either heroes. I gained revenge once, maybe twice in probably 8ish games played yesterday even standing my ground fairly well against 2-3 players. If the trade off is that big its almost like for most builds i'd just rather have all three be mediocre but ive only received one or two of those types of gear as well.

At the same time i got some stupid high plus for exhaustion and the stamina stats for my raider. It was almost if i could constantly attack without ever having to take a break... Whatever, UBI if you read this make sure to clear up questions on the gear revamp this week

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 07:06 PM
I think the way to look at it is that they have simply replaced the old bars with a numerical % value that basically does the same job as the bars.

So, on old gear, one bar would go backwards, right? Into the red. It would start big and you would get an item of gear that would make the bar have a big red chunk that is what you were going to lose, and if you then equipped it, your previously big bar would be small. Now, instead of a big bar becoming smaller, we have a starting stat that has -23% applied to it. So in old gear / bar terms, your bar got 23% smaller.

Likewise on old gear, if you got an item with a big attack stat, your attack bar went from medium to full, or whatever. Basically your attack bar got larger by a %. Now with new gear your attack still gets larger by a % only now you have a % value for that increase instead of a bar value.

I think it has to be assumed that your stats all start from some kind of middle point and are either made smaller or bigger with the new gear system, which is basically all the old display bars used to show you.

I still think the old display bars were better, the micro level of detail in the % values is pointless, especially when you have no idea what the value of the mystery starting point is.

CHawkins27
05-17-2017, 07:14 PM
I think the way to look at it is that they have simply replaced the old bars with a numerical % value that basically does the same job as the bars.

So, on old gear, one bar would go backwards, right? Into the red. It would start big and you would get an item of gear that would make the bar have a big red chunk that is what you were going to lose, and if you then equipped it, your previously big bar would be small. Now, instead of a big bar becoming smaller, we have a starting stat that has -23% applied to it. So in old gear / bar terms, your bar got 23% smaller.

Likewise on old gear, if you got an item with a big attack stat, your attack bar went from medium to full, or whatever. Basically your attack bar got larger by a %. Now with new gear your attack still gets larger by a % only now you have a % value for that increase instead of a bar value.

I think it has to be assumed that your stats all start from some kind of middle point and are either made smaller or bigger with the new gear system, which is basically all the old display bars used to show you.

I still think the old display bars were better, the micro level of detail in the % values is pointless, especially when you have no idea what the value of the mystery starting point is.

Yea i pretty much understood that it's just we don't really have anything to compare it to. Say for example the normal attack at 0% attack for a character is 10 damage, does the 3% increase now make the damage 10.3%?

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Yea i pretty much understood that it's just we don't really have anything to compare it to. Say for example the normal attack at 0% attack for a character is 10 damage, does the 3% increase now make the damage 10.3%?

I guess we need someone to test it all out in-game and report back with actual damage numbers. People did this for the old gear. There was a really good YouTube video showing you exactly how the ingame numerical values for attack and duration and so on changed depending on what stats you picked on your gear.

Lets hope someone does this for the new gear, or Ubisoft start explaining things better. Either one would do.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 07:48 PM
For example if i have negative 25% on my debuff resistance, does that mean that a peacekeepers GB and bleed do more than the (I think) 32 max damage?

If anyone knows the answer to this or another example, please respond.

Does bleed count as a debuff? I always assumed debuff resistance applied to negative affects gained through feats. If it does apply to bleed that actually does give it some use, although it would be very situational.

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Does bleed count as a debuff? I always assumed debuff resistance applied to negative affects gained through feats. If it does apply to bleed that actually does give it some use, although it would be very situational.

Yes it does.