PDA

View Full Version : A problem with the Centurion

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 06:32 PM
I was playing a match, and then this happened

https://youtu.be/IMno3nB0hHg

It was undodgeable, nor interruptible.

I suppose it could be slowed down a tad, And a small stamina increase on the unblockable.

darkspawn2101
05-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Git gud.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Git gud.

Lol, it seems I'm eating yesterday's words.

However, everything you said didn't have evidence and was more of a speculation, this is pretty damn concrete with video evidence.

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 06:42 PM

However, everything you said didn't have evidence and was more of a speculation, this is pretty damn concrete with video evidence.

He was hitting you with a heavy followed by a jab. So honestly he is doing very little damage. It is the second guy who is kicking your behind, but that is just like getting caught in the warden vortex in a corner.

Sorry bud. Stay away from corners.

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 06:44 PM

Forgot to add. Nothing wrong with this. He is using his kit. If you were not getting double teamed and we're playing a class with a faster guard switch you could get out of it.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 06:45 PM
He was hitting you with a heavy followed by a jab. So honestly he is doing very little damage. It is the second guy who is kicking your behind, but that is just like getting caught in the warden vortex in a corner.

Sorry bud. Stay away from corners.

But the difference is I can combat roll out of the shoulderbash, in this I couldn't even change my guard

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Forgot to add. Nothing wrong with this. He is using his kit. If you were not getting double teamed and we're playing a class with a faster guard switch you could get out of it.

Ok, so 100 to 0 with no skill input involved is balanced?

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 06:54 PM
Did you forget it was 2 on 1? Do you seriously believe he could spam that till you die alone?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Did you forget it was 2 on 1? Do you seriously believe he could spam that till you die alone?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Mature, but if you look at the video, I couldn't move before the Orochi started hitting me.

Also, that still begs the question, how is what they did skillful? the devs said this was supposed to be a skill based game. That's as bad as the LB long arm spam.

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Mature, but if you look at the video, I couldn't move before the Orochi started hitting me.

Also, that still begs the question, how is what they did skillful? the devs said this was supposed to be a skill based game. That's as bad as the LB long arm spam.

Lb long arm is stupid easy to dodge.

dekot11
05-17-2017, 07:04 PM
There are videos of this with only the centurion, no teammate needed. There already is an "official" wall splat combo that does good damage. This spam combo is most likely an oversight and will almost definitely be patched.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Lb long arm is stupid easy to dodge.

In a 1v1 yes, but in a gank it can be spammed in the same fashion as the Cent gauntlet, leaving no room for escape as certain characters. Which is not skillful on either side.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 07:11 PM
There are videos of this with only the centurion, no teammate needed. There already is an "official" wall splat combo that does good damage. This spam combo is most likely an oversight and will almost definitely be patched.

Link? I would like to see this with my own eyes.

CHawkins27
05-17-2017, 07:23 PM
In a corner, you can't even dodge the jab.

dekot11
05-17-2017, 07:27 PM
Link? I would like to see this with my own eyes.

There was a video on reddit but it's been removed for some reason. I'm sure you can find one with a little effort, a lot of people are talking about it on competitiveforhonor. The combo starts with a wallsplat, which guarantees a fully charged heavy, which guarantees a jab which leads to a wall splat, repeat. Some people are saying the heavy doesn't queue after the light jab, offering a chance to dodge out of it but no one has provided a video yet of escaping like that.

AndersenThree
05-17-2017, 07:29 PM

I suppose it could be slowed down a tad, And a small stamina increase on the unblockable.

This is probably intended. I would say it was just bad positioning, or unlucky positioning for you.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Some people are saying the heavy doesn't queue after the light jab, offering a chance to dodge out of it but no one has provided a video yet of escaping like that.

I can confirm it doesn't queue after the jab, but I don't have a friend to test if its possible to use that window to dodge. The bot does seem to regain control before the heavy after jab hits, but as its an Assassin, I'm not entirely sure.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 07:37 PM
If this is intended then Im done with for honor.

i will henceforth make it my personal mission in life to destroy this game..

I have til the 23rd off.. So prepare to be deafened by my screams of rage.

Did they not TEST THIS CHARACTER AT ALL?

Dominion is basically unplayable due to all the unblockable stun cc spam now. It basically takes your control away from your character.

They intentionally made this Cent OP AF so we would be forced to buy it or blow 15k silver on it when it does come out.. Also its a reward for all the seasons pass holders..

Have you guys watched any of the streamers with centurion? A few vids are coming out and DAMN its freaking STUPID..

Id like to be locked in a room for 5 mins with the devs from this game and their money backing.. SMASH

dekot11
05-17-2017, 07:46 PM
I can confirm it doesn't queue after the jab, but I don't have a friend to test if its possible to use that window to dodge. The bot does seem to regain control before the heavy after jab hits, but as its an Assassin, I'm not entirely sure.

Try to do it on a person, bots are weird. You can't even do guaranteed GBs on them sometimes.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Try to do it on a person, bots are weird. You can't even do guaranteed GBs on them sometimes.

I know, was just doing quick testing on the practice bot. Don't have anyone online to test it against.

And yes, the bots don't seem to follow the same rules the players do. The amount of times I've been GB well after an attack's startup is ridiculous. Also, I've been knocked down mid guardbreak by bots who activated revenge, but have NEVER been able to do it to them.

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 08:30 PM

Dominion is basically unplayable due to all the unblockable stun cc spam now. It basically takes your control away from your character.

They intentionally made this Cent OP AF so we would be forced to buy it or blow 15k silver on it when it does come out.. Also its a reward for all the seasons pass holders..

Have you guys watched any of the streamers with centurion? A few vids are coming out and DAMN its freaking STUPID..

Id like to be locked in a room for 5 mins with the devs from this game and their money backing.. SMASH

You realize the warden can do the same thing in a corner right?

kumanchik
05-17-2017, 08:31 PM

stay away from corners his corner combo does little damage and he uses a lot of stamina also lb does the same stuff but after block so stop crying plz learn to counter the advantages of a character

PheonixNight75
05-17-2017, 08:32 PM
There was a reddit post that showed that the vortex is avoidable with a dodge. Granted it wasn't 100% exactly the same in your video, and he wasn't getting doubled. But it did appear that most of your problems were coming from the double team with that Orochi. Here are the links to the video that the Reddit post had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f72TNK0pgo4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkS6c0MCbE&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djOPi4XC2Jo&feature=youtu.be

Original Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6bo286/counter_to_the_centurions_infinite_stun_chain/?st=j2tdrvoz&sh=ff4d4490

kumanchik
05-17-2017, 08:35 PM

i find your lack of intelligence disturbing

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 09:01 PM
stay away from corners his corner combo does little damage and he uses a lot of stamina also lb does the same stuff but after block so stop crying plz learn to counter the advantages of a character

Explain to me how it's balanced that they can take you from 100 to 0 with you being able to do nothing, how would you counter that?
He also doesn't even use that much stamina, seeing as he did it multiple times.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 09:05 PM
There was a reddit post that showed that the vortex is avoidable with a dodge. Granted it wasn't 100% exactly the same in your video, and he wasn't getting doubled. But it did appear that most of your problems were coming from the double team with that Orochi. Here are the links to the video that the Reddit post had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f72TNK0pgo4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkS6c0MCbE&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djOPi4XC2Jo&feature=youtu.be

Original Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6bo286/counter_to_the_centurions_infinite_stun_chain/?st=j2tdrvoz&sh=ff4d4490

I called it a situational infinite due to the fact that It didn't look like the Orochi was contributing that much, and if he has you in a corner, not a wall, it was undodgeable with slow characters. Also, the Orochi wasn't even participating in the beginning, and I was spamming dodge

Notice he was using a valk, a character with an incredibly long and fast dodge. I was using LB, the character who can't even dodge a spear sweep if hit with the second light attack of the chain. It may be an LB problem, but I wouldn't mind him getting a faster dodge lol.

HiTeHa
05-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Recovery time after unblockable kick is so small that I can not even attack him after I side steped this move with Shugoki. So the fight is more like ... kick + free hit ... kick + free hit ... etc. etc. etc.
I can fight with that, but this is another proof that Ubisoft lack of skilled people which can balance this game.

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Recovery time after unblockable kick is so small that I can not even attack him after I side steped this move with Shugoki. So the fight is more like ... kick + free hit ... kick + free hit ... etc. etc. etc.
I can fight with that, but this is another proof that Ubisoft lack of skilled people which can balance this game.

His kick is so telegraphed it isn't even funny. Very easy to dodge.

Epoqx
05-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Ok i'll say one thing about where the cent is pretty broken for sure right now : His 4th feat the shield.

Try Elimination matchs with it... And use it after 10-15 sec. Free round.

BeefMan_
05-17-2017, 09:26 PM
His follow up heavy will usually catch you before your dodge ends.

BeefMan_
05-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Epoqx
05-17-2017, 09:42 PM

Except for absolutely ALL side dodge attacks.

dekot11
05-17-2017, 09:53 PM

5 characters have those.

Moondyne_MC
05-17-2017, 10:50 PM

Ahahahahaha

Signed,
A Nobushi main

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 11:43 PM
My follow up heavy has been blocked plenty times. You can also dodge backwards and parry or dodge the follow up heavy.

Love always,
A concerned centurian

tcs1991.ts
05-17-2017, 11:44 PM
Oh and before I hear the follow up heavy is unblockabke.....if you dodge and he tries that follow up heavy it isn't unblockable.

UbiNoty
05-17-2017, 11:45 PM
We'll keep an eye on the centurion spam issue for now and see how it progresses. If it really is a causing problems and needs to be addressed, we will most definitely be doing so!

Lyskir
05-17-2017, 11:46 PM
We'll keep an eye on the centurion spam issue for now and see how it progresses. If it really is a causing problems and needs to be addressed, we will most definitely be doing so!

the next one is shinobi dash kick i guess