PDA

View Full Version : If your losing to Shinobi than...

AdeptusLupos
05-17-2017, 12:36 PM
You need to get more offensive.

The new classes are not op they have glaring weaknesses.

For example, if you get in a shinobis face, and keep putting offensive pressure on him, and force him to defend, he is easily defeated.

If you try to use the turtle Metta and play defensively, he will destroy you. He is a can opener, he wrecks defensive players but has trouble defending himself.

Don't let him get offensive, once he gets in offensive rythem it's over.

Also the ranged attacks are slow and predictable, and easy to dodge the further away you are because they have no target tracking. And you can counter his ranged guard break, giving you AT LEAST 1 free heavy attack.

I'm a fairly good player, I have a rank 15 orchids that I have a good k/d ratio, and can carry bad teams with.

But I have a negative kd on my shinobi, because he is easy to kill by experienced players that know what they are doing

Tl:DR

Get good noob, stop freaking out over a balanced class

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Shinobi is fine.. i have no issues with them..

Centurions are an entirely different matter. WAY too much unblockable spam and guaranteed dmg.. plus a 120 dmg punish from a gb into a wall.. WOW..

**** UBI

Herbstlicht
05-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Hm, would not advise this personally. Shinobi can be countered, he has no "guaranteed" damage out of nothing. He is strong and fast, but you only need a few punishes to kill him. His defence though, combined with his ability to punish you for attacking, is incredibly strong. I mean he can evade like pretty much everything. A rather cool and working concept if you ask me, very strong in 1on1, not so much in 4on4 though. However - there need to be tradeoffs for ranged heavys and guardbreaks, those can wreak havok in dominion

AdeptusLupos
05-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Hm, would not advise this personally. Shinobi can be countered, he has no "guaranteed" damage out of nothing. He is strong and fast, but you only need a few punishes to kill him. His defence though, combined with his ability to punish you for attacking, is incredibly strong. I mean he can evade like pretty much everything. A rather cool and working concept if you ask me, very strong in 1on1, not so much in 4on4 though. However - there need to be tradeoffs for ranged heavys and guardbreaks, those can wreak havok in dominion

The evade "double dodge" burns up the shinobis stamina bar faster than a joint at snoop dogs house. Also it does no allow you to double backward, it only circles you around the target, still in striking distance.

For example any tracking attack like kensi or warlord, or valkerie has, will still hit you, unless you follow it up with an attack to interrupt them and get back on offensive. Just because you go invisible does not mean they can't hit you. Quite the contrary, I have be hit by tracking attacks while double dodging.

The backflip will get you out of striking distance, but again you have to attack first to be able to use it. So if a hit is comming in you probably won't have much time to use it.

I'll state it again, if your losing to the shinobi, you are being to defensive,

The orochi is a counter attacker. The shinobi is all offense. His only real defense is trying to keep his opponents at range.

He also struggles in close quarters and forests

Herbstlicht
05-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Uhm, i do not imagine a 100% passive Shinobi. Take Kensei, i got lots of experience whith him. Shinobi easily dodges everything and he has the option to kick or attack after his double dodge. Besides, you have a little window where to activate the second dodge. I know that it doesn't render you invincible, but it really is strong due to another few iframey it provides. Maybe, on a side note, i should add that i can deflect almost everything of Kensei beside maybe his top light at 95% accuracy.
Anyway, I only want to say that Shinobi has a rather incredible defence. Not in HP, not in block, but in his simply ultra-fast chainable dodgemoves that can be linked into kick or attacks. Vs Kensei, btw, take care with the kick. He will dish out damage, you kick, he comes out top. And last and least: consider the speed you can use your defensive options, when you can block or parry again after dodges etc - Shinobi has incredible recovery frames.