PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft.. Important request for the next AC

elnaser80
05-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Hello Ubi

I know this is not the time , and i don't know if it is my right to request that from you .

But this is a very important request .. and i hope you can give me and all the Arab players and fans ( especially the Egyptians ) a comfortable answer .

From the rumors we understand that the next AC game will be in ancient Egypt .. And you know the Israeli crap about building the pyramids and being enslaved by the Egyptians ..

We have rumors that the assassin will be a former slave .. And We don't want to play as a Israeli Assassin !! it will give us all a bitter feeling when we play it .. so please consider that in mind before releasing the game .

You can't imagine how much excitement we have because the game will be finally in our country.. to be able to play as an Egyption assassin at last .. but not as an Israeli one.

Main protag ( past ) is apparently Israelite !! This is a Joke right ????

We want the historical accuracy which we got used from you.

You can call me an Anti-Semitic or anything else.. but i will be damned before playing as an Israeli .

Thanks .. and i hope i didn't upset or offended anyone.

Lignjoslav
05-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Dude, you're so tempting me to troll you right now and say that... playing like, for example, Moses sounds like a lot of fun. One could mingle with the Egyptian elite and do some stealth, true Assassin missions. While doing that, one would discover hints of a secret hidden underneath a temple, where they'd find a First Civilisation Vault. That would make for some awesome locations, free running, puzzles... and eventually find a Piece of Eden which could then be used to create (illusions of) the ten plagues and eventually lead the Jews out of Egypt (part the Red Sea - it would be epic!).

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

elnaser80
05-17-2017, 03:10 PM
There is no trolling in your words .. and you are welcome to reply .

But Although prophet Moses (peace be upon him ) was a prophet for the Jews .. we Muslims respect him like all the prophets ..

And in this case Ubi soft will play with fire because no company did that before .. All of them ( almost ) respect the religion of the others .

I have nothing against the Jews as a religion.

But imagine that the only AC game will take place in my country ( once in a life time ) .. i can't play a character of my ancestor !!

Instead i will have to play with an Israeli one.. and kill my owns . :)

Thanks

andynaruto10
05-17-2017, 03:46 PM
'I'm not playing as Connor, he's killing my british ancestors! He's the enemy! What if Charles Lee is my ancestor? I can't bear watching Connor kill my great great great great great grandfather!'

It's a game dude, and old history.
"Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities."

elnaser80
05-17-2017, 04:01 PM
I know my friend it is just a game ..

But Ubisoft has blown my mind and i expect all the Arab and the Egyptian will have the same blow ..

When i heard the first rumor about AC in Egypt .. I have gone mad .. exited .. Which one will be this time .. Amunet ? or Numa Al'Khamsin or another one ?

instead surprise he is your natural enemies .. Israeli one .!!!

I am not trying to force a decision on Ubisoft .. i respect their work and effort

But i am just .. want them to reconsider if possible .

There were an Egyptian slaves too in ancient Egypt .. and some of the Egyptians followed Moses too ..

why not make the hero Egyptian ?? And Jew also ??

There wasn't Israel in that time !! ( a 50 years old country ) .. so why make him Israeli one !!!

strigoi1958
05-17-2017, 04:55 PM
There wasn't Israel in that time !! ( a 50 years old country ) .. so why make him Israeli one !!!

Well I think you may have answered your own question. Israel was founded around 70 years ago... IF the next AC game (which might or might not be called Empire) is based in Egypt AND
it is set before 1948 then the protagonist could not be Israeli.... so you have no worries. :)

You need to be a little more accepting. As it has been pointed "Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities."

So it is not real, it is made by many people from many religions and they are happy to make it.

I'm British, I have no problem playing as an Alien killing humans, or as A german/ French/ Spanish/ American/ Russian/ Indian/ Egyptian or any other nationality killing British :) I'm not killing anyone, I'm just playing a video game.

Ubi are very good at setting games in historical places and even placing famous people in the game, but it is just fiction and just a game... and Ubi will make it perfect.

Your first post was just a little bit offensive and I know it was not your intention and I'm not Jewish or Israeli... I would have been equally as disappointed if an Israeli complained about it being set in Egypt... it's just a game.

elnaser80
05-17-2017, 05:03 PM
My dear strigoi1958 thank you for your comfortable replay ..

I don't know what came on me when i have seen the rumor about the Israeli Hero !!

I know it is just a game .. but i hoped that i can finally play as an Egyptian hero .. i felt that this will be the most precious game to my heart

But i had a huge disappointment .

And it is not my nature to make an offensive posts .. But this was a big blow to me .

As for the rumor .. i saw it today on more than one channel on youtube.

Ubi-JollyCharly
05-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Hello Elnaser80,

We will have more information soon.Check our website and follow us in our social channels for updates.
Rest assured that we heard your concern.

NOTE: As a general reminder, please be careful when engaging with topics that might hurt the sensibility of other forum users. The forum rules apply to every discussion without distinction and our moderation team will act if it escalates to disrespectful remarks.

elnaser80
05-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Hello Elnaser80,

We will have more information soon.Check our website and follow us in our social channels for updates.
Rest assured that we heard your concern.

NOTE: As a general reminder, please be careful when engaging with topics that might hurt the sensibility of other forum users. The forum rules apply to every discussion without distinction and our moderation team will act if it escalates to disrespectful remarks.

Thanks for your replay ..i will keep up with you .

And for the Harsh post .. like i said it is not my nature , and i didn't mean to hurt or offend anyone.

You can't imagine how the Arab players envy us ( the Egyptian players ) that the next hero will be an Egyptian .. you didn't see the Arabic topics or sites or channels talking about that !! and they congratulate us .

Simply i was defending my assassin . ( note taken :) )

Lignjoslav
05-18-2017, 12:24 AM
...But imagine that the only AC game will take place in my country ( once in a life time ) .. i can't play a character of my ancestor !!

Instead i will have to play with an Israeli one.. and kill my owns . :)
I understand how you feel. If someone decided to put an AC game in my little country, that doesn't get featured very often in games/film etc, with my people, except they are cast as the bad guys, I too would be thinking "Seriously, Ubisoft?!"

I like the first AC, among other things, for showing that being a good or a bad person does not have anything to do with one's declared religion or nationality and that wisdom and kindness, as well as greed and desire for power, unite the like minded regardless of the divides that exist on the surface. If they do feature different nationalities in their upcoming title, I hope that they will do the same.

elnaser80
05-18-2017, 01:22 AM
I understand how you feel. If someone decided to put an AC game in my little country, that doesn't get featured very often in games/film etc, with my people, except they are cast as the bad guys, I too would be thinking "Seriously, Ubisoft?!"

I like the first AC, among other things, for showing that being a good or a bad person does not have anything to do with one's declared religion or nationality and that wisdom and kindness, as well as greed and desire for power, unite the like minded regardless of the divides that exist on the surface. If they do feature different nationalities in their upcoming title, I hope that they will do the same.

Thank you my friend .. That is what i mean .I can't describe to you how the Arabic and Egyptian community feels about the upcoming game ..

joaocanas
05-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Thats easy, there was no such thing as Israel back there, the zone was called something else and embarked a a very diferente terrotory of today Israel.

elnaser80
05-18-2017, 11:59 PM
Thats easy, there was no such thing as Israel back there, the zone was called something else and embarked a a very diferente terrotory of today Israel.

My friend .. this is the video which said the rumor .. look at 2:20 you will read it from one of Ubisoft guys .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6OJMw8zKyQ&t=188s

They said :

Main protag ( past ) is apparently Israelite

strigoi1958
05-19-2017, 12:18 AM
If you look at 2.09 it says "Take it with a grain of salt" which means "it is not guaranteed to be true so if you choose to believe it, beware".

Also this did not come from Ubi... it came from 4chan which is just a bulletin board.... anyone can post anything on 4chan.

elnaser80
05-19-2017, 12:23 AM
Yes .. that's right my friend ..

lots of rumors .. When we will see something for real !!

Some channel said that tomorrow we may see something .

Btw .. I was focusing on the talking girl .. :()

strigoi1958
05-19-2017, 01:30 AM
As far as I know, Ubisoft is not announcing anything until June 12th... Yes I was looking at the girl as well :) but she is a presenter on a youtube channel... and youtube gaming channels make money by spreading rumours and being negative or basically anything that will get a subscription or a viewing to increase their income... so who knows... maybe, maybe not... but nothing official :)

MnemonicSyntax
05-24-2017, 08:42 AM
If it bothers you, just don't play it.

I understand where you're coming from. In Bioshock Infinite, at the start of the game your character gets baptized. A guy who played it wasn't happy about that and got a refund from Steam, (this was before they did refunds mainstream) on the grounds of religious beliefs.

elnaser80
05-24-2017, 09:09 PM
If it bothers you, just don't play it.

I understand where you're coming from. In Bioshock Infinite, at the start of the game your character gets baptized. A guy who played it wasn't happy about that and got a refund from Steam, (this was before they did refunds mainstream) on the grounds of religious beliefs.

Thank you my friend for your reply ..
I have played Bioshock Infinite .. and it is one of my favorite games ..and i know that the character gets baptized ( i put him in the water my self :) )
What of it ??? there is nothing wrong with that !!
My topic is about the only game which will take place on my country .. and i may have to play with an Israeli character instead of an Egyptian one !!
I don't like Israeli but at the same time i have nothing against the Jews .. ( how is that ? ! .. simple )
You say you understand where i am coming from !!
No my friend you don't .. sorry :)

But at the end i respect Ubisoft's work and decision .

If it bothers you, just don't play it..

No .. I don't give up easily .. I will not walk away just like that . Not before i fight first for what i love .. then .. I will respect the decision at the end .

strigoi1958
05-25-2017, 12:11 AM
I think MnemonicSyntax was just showing that steam case to point out, that there have been cases in the past where people have felt that an aspect of a game was something that they could not honestly play without it affecting their enjoyment of the game. Not specifically Religion (that just happened to be the factor in that case) but also on any grounds, whether that be nationality, lifestyle choices or beliefs.

We do understand where you are coming from. You are Egyptian, there are unconfirmed rumours that the next AC game will be in Egypt, (which would be a great setting, lots of famous buildings, famous people and lots of historical events). There are unconfirmed rumours that the protagonist may be an Israelite and I know you mean no offence to anyone, it is just that IF it is set in Egypt, you would be very happy, but even happier if you get to play as an Egyptian. We really do understand that. I am British, Syndicate was set in London and I love that game as it reminds me of my years living there.

When MnemonicSyntax said If it bothers you, just don't play it... it was just to remind us, it is just a video game and we do not have to play it.

Personally, I do not worry about nationality, because borders of countries change throughout the years, nobody can choose where they are born and it is possible that 2 children born at the same time in the same house but in 2 different rooms can be different nationalities just because of a few inches or centimetres.

Although this is just a game, what I believe is that when someone becomes an Assassin, they give up their nation and religion to follow the creed, so an Assassin is not native American, Italian, French, English, Egyptian, Chinese, Indian, Welsh or any other nationality. They are all a part of the Assassin brotherhood all aiming to unite the world, and that is far more important than any one or two countries.

But I still understand that you'd prefer to play as an Egyptian, if the next game is in Egypt.

elnaser80
05-25-2017, 09:50 AM
I have to confess that when our friend MnemonicSyntax said : I understand where you're coming from
I thought he is pointing that i am an Arab and a fanatic to my nationality :) .. But you as usual cleared the smoke and explained to me what he meant .. sorry my bad :)

I know it is just a game .. but what i mean that i love it very much .. and it is not easy to leave it ( for me ) just like that if it is not suitable for me ..

When i play a game i am a native American, Italian, French, English, Chinese, Indian .. even as a satanic priest .
I am a veteran gamer and i have learned to respect the developer concepts as long as it isn't mocking my religion or my country . or i have to play as a character i hate .

but when i play a video game i put the reality behind and merge myself into the game .. i live in it .i act like the hero even in the real world sometimes
the hero character still have some effects on me like being brave or adventurous or bold ( look at my profile picture i went into a lion cage in the zoo and had a photo with him :() ) i sometimes i like to act like him or give some jokes from him .. of course i will not go and kill someone :) but i am

talking about the personality .. i am a 36 years old by the way :) but i like to enjoy the game as most as i can .

Although i am a Muslim i hate to play a game which mocking the christen religion or Jesus !! and the same goes for the Jews religion .

I hate when the developers put the poison in honey .. and we had so many cases when developers ( not Ubisoft ) put some of our sacred things into

the games in a dirty way .

In cases like these i must defend my beliefs not just not play the game !! ..

And in our case here .. well .. you can call it a desperate try to have my Egyptian Assassin which i always dreamed of since the beginning of the

series .

Thank you all my friends and i am happy for the decent discussion .. and i am happier for meeting great friends like you ..

GhostAssassinLT
05-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Unfortunately Ubisoft doesn't give a rats butt about what the community wants to see added to the games, they only want your money, once they have it they flip you the bird...

KemalCS
05-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Historically speaking Jews never lived in Ancient Egypt and Moses is nothing but a myth.

BTW, correct me I'm wrong but AFAIR Ancient Egyptians have very little common with Modern Egyptians

elnaser80
05-29-2017, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE= Moses is nothing but a myth.
[/QUOTE]

Doesn't worth it to reply

naumaan
05-31-2017, 08:24 PM
elnasir

brother i dont think that you need to worry about that, when a game is made internationally, it is made to satisfy a bigger audience. Even if there is going to be an Isrealite, i dont think it will matter much cuz soon he or she will be joining the AC Cult, and in AC Cult religion does not matter ...

elnaser80
05-31-2017, 10:22 PM
elnasir

brother i dont think that you need to worry about that, when a game is made internationally, it is made to satisfy a bigger audience. Even if there is going to be an Isrealite, i dont think it will matter much cuz soon he or she will be joining the AC Cult, and in AC Cult religion does not matter ...

Yes brother naumaan..

You are right once the game is released .. We are then brothers in the same Creed and The blade is our tongue and blood is our way .

https://sprcdn-assets.sprinklr.com/1261/TEASER-dc2f688b-c4cd-411c-abbe-7bd5868f90a5-531960643.jpg

But ....

I am talking before the release and just trying to defend my own future assassin :) .

You are welcome .

naumaan
06-01-2017, 08:01 AM
I ll be honest, I thought that Altair the main protagonist of first assassins creed game was muslim, but later I found out from sources that he is not, he was an atheist. It was so infuriating you know, they never mentioned the religion of any assassin or templar for instance which is cool in its own way.

and yeah bdw welcome to the forums. thank you for your welcome in the topic.

elnaser80
06-01-2017, 11:40 PM
I ll be honest, I thought that Altair the main protagonist of first assassins creed game was muslim, but later I found out from sources that he is not, he was an atheist. It was so infuriating you know, they never mentioned the religion of any assassin or templar for instance which is cool in its own way.

and yeah bdw welcome to the forums. thank you for your welcome in the topic.

I am glad that Altair wasn't a Muslim , Although i am happy that he was an Arab :) because Islam was never about killing and forbid it but i am happy that i have managed to play with an Arabic Character ..Yes there was The Hashashin's Creed but they were criminals not Muslims .

My brother naumaan , my topic was never about religion .. it was ( you can say ) a bit related to politics .. I hate to play as an Isrealite but i have nothing against the Jews religion .

As a part of my faith i must respect and believe in Moses and Jesus and Muhammed ( peace be upon them all ) and if someone insult any of them i would be angry as hell

I was polite in all of my replys insted in my reply to this KemalCS who said that Moses is nothing but a myth.!!

I hope you have got my meaning .. thanks my friend .

naumaan
06-04-2017, 04:17 AM
I am glad that Altair wasn't a Muslim , Although i am happy that he was an Arab :) because Islam was never about killing and forbid it but i am happy that i have managed to play with an Arabic Character ..Yes there was The Hashashin's Creed but they were criminals not Muslims .

My brother naumaan , my topic was never about religion .. it was ( you can say ) a bit related to politics .. I hate to play as an Isrealite but i have nothing against the Jews religion .

As a part of my faith i must respect and believe in Moses and Jesus and Muhammed ( peace be upon them all ) and if someone insult any of them i would be angry as hell

I was polite in all of my replys insted in my reply to this KemalCS who said that Moses is nothing but a myth.!!

I hope you have got my meaning .. thanks my friend .

a muslim brother to brother, its alright, but your first post was a little offensive. Either its religion or not, we should and we must respect all the religions after all its what our religion stands for.. I ve met some Israilites on open internet forums and I ve found them perfectly sane and human.