PDA

View Full Version : Refund My Steel Invested in Gear

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 03:57 AM
I've spent hundreds of dollars equipping my many characters to be 108. Ya I know, pay to win. But now you nerfed my investment. My gear means nothing now. I feel like I have been scammed. You will not get another penny out of me.

Terrible idea destroying our gear.

SanaMinatozaki-
05-17-2017, 04:09 AM
I've spent hundreds of dollars equipping my many characters to be 108. Ya I know, pay to win. But now you nerfed my investment. My gear means nothing now. I feel like I have been scammed. You will not get another penny out of me.

same situation. i have 4 x 108 geared samurai heroes.

Lexi_Unnerum
05-17-2017, 04:15 AM
lol

That_guy44
05-17-2017, 04:18 AM
Thank the heavens I only had 1 character maxed out. The first thing I did when I noticed the change was laugh. I knew a lot if people were about to be ****ing pissed lol

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-17-2017, 04:24 AM
u guys should have learn that the only winner in p2w is the developers...

Egotistic_Ez
05-17-2017, 04:29 AM
Oh look, more people who've never played games before.

Tundra 793
05-17-2017, 04:41 AM
I'm not sure I follow the logic of you people, saying your 108 gear is now worthless.

Pre and Post Revenge Nerf, I've killed plenty of 108s, before getting there myself. Post 108, plenty of grey level players have killed me, and vice versa.
Now as a 144 geared, I've spent all day with a healthy mix of giving, and receiving healthy amounts of *** whuppin's, from all levels and gears.

The gear doesn't make the player; The player makes the gear.

shadowjonh
05-17-2017, 04:49 AM
AHAHAH!!! good think I used steel currency for my upgrade!
No need to spend real money for that xP

Juuzaam
05-17-2017, 04:53 AM
Nobody asked for this gear redesign. Revenge was already nerf, and all people more or less was happy... Didnt heard about users requests about it.... Then... Why ubisoft did it?

Hmm...i did...but not like this. Imo the max def>att>stamina weapons been so overpowered that something had to be done.

But the way they changed the gear system is close to a scam. I can only assume how many people spent real money to get a specific item, with specific stats and Ubi is like: " Lets make all the spent money useless, so we get more money"

SanaMinatozaki-
05-17-2017, 04:57 AM
yeah and season 3 new gear rarity!! legendary gear!! Diamond in color!!
rip to all epic gears!! rip steels and mats!!

Egotistic_Ez
05-17-2017, 05:01 AM
yeah and season 3 new gear rarity!! legendary gear!! Diamond in color!!
rip to all epic gears!! rip steels and mats!!

You say that like it's suppose to be sarcastic or something, but everyone expects this. That's how games with loot progression work and I'm fine with it, as are most people I'd wager.

Tundra 793
05-17-2017, 05:04 AM
You say that like it's suppose to be sarcastic or something, but everyone expects this. That's how games with loot progression work and I'm fine with it, as are most people I'd wager.

I agree, and on top of that, you have the entire duration of a season to theoretically prepare for the following season.

When Season 2 launched today, I'd saved up a little over 17000 Steel and 12 Scavenger crates specifically to get my gear maxed out, in a way that complimented my playstyle. And I had more than enough Steel leftover to get the new Bats effect.

Tundra 793
05-17-2017, 05:14 AM
They are bastards...

Y'know, It's people like you that make me ashamed to be a gamer.

Every man and woman who wakes up every morning, Monday through Friday, to go to work at Ubisoft, sit at their desk all day. Some make new sword blades, work on maps. Others code, relentlessly pouring through millions of lines of code, trying to find places to improve, fix bugs and glitches, work on connectivety, making the game more stable.
Some of them get paid to read through comments like yours, and give us direct feedback, or send our thoughts directly to the developers.

All these people work so very hard, to make the best game they can, which isn't as easy a task as some of you make it out to be.

And they do it all despite you taking the time to call them bastards, just for trying to make a good game.

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 05:30 AM

Every man and woman who wakes up every morning, Monday through Friday, to go to work at Ubisoft, sit at their desk all day. Some make new sword blades, work on maps. Others code, relentlessly pouring through millions of lines of code, trying to find places to improve, fix bugs and glitches, work on connectivety, making the game more stable.
Some of them get paid to read through comments like yours, and give us direct feedback, or send our thoughts directly to the developers.

All these people work so very hard, to make the best game they can, which isn't as easy a task as some of you make it out to be.

And they do it all despite you taking the time to call them bastards, just for trying to make a good game.

They completely trashed the gear system that used steel which is bought with real currency so trashed our investment so that we spend more.

Bastards.

Tundra 793
05-17-2017, 05:35 AM
They completely trashed the gear system that used steel which is bought with real currency so trashed our investment so that we spend more.

Bastards.

Steel can be earned in game, for free. Those 17000 Steel I saved up? All earned in game, all it cost was time.

I don't begrudge anyone buying Steel packs to make up for time they can't spend grinding, I've purchased a few myself, usually reserved for an Outfit, or Emotes.

The terms of buying Steel are clear. The means to earn Steel are clear. What Steel can buy you is clear. You have all the relevant information available to decide if It's worth the money to purchase Steel packs.
When you find that it isn't, that's your fault, not Ubisoft's.

pancakerz
05-17-2017, 05:38 AM
What do you need gear for? I haven't upgraded anything and have been sitting pretty with a mid 80's gear score and the game has felt fine. The only advantage to a high gear score is that you can pop revenge like skittles and ruin the experience for everyone.
In the past, 108's annoy me more than anything else in elimination, because they always pop their revenge in 1v1's because that's the only way they can win (sometimes it still doesn't even help).

actual experience is worth far more than gear score. In other words: git gud.

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 06:01 AM
This is not a discussion about whether skill or gear makes you a better player. Skill outweighs gear every time obviously. However, some people, who like to make multiple characters and outfit them, who cant grind steel for hours a day to gear out every character, buy steel to upgrade their gear based on the PRIOR gear system. That gear system has been removed, destroying the investment which was made with real money. It feels like a scam, since there is absolutely NO value to the gear which was bought using steel which was bought with real money.

bananaflow2017
05-17-2017, 06:07 AM
Wow really? Am i geh only one who really doesnt care about this?
I nearly had 20 chests and like 60000 Steel.
New season new gear. Like in other Games... new Patch new gear.
Finally leveling gear is not that expensive...

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 06:12 AM
Doesn't anyone actually read the EULA when they buy a game...?? :confused:

9. CHANGES TO THIS EULA OR TO THE PRODUCT.

UBISOFT reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revise, update, change, modify, add to, supplement, or delete certain terms of this EULA for security, legal, best practice or regulatory reasons. Such changes will be effective with or, as applicable, without prior notice to You. You can review the most current version of this EULA by clicking on the “EULA” link located on the Product or on ubi.com. You are responsible for checking this EULA periodically for changes. If any future changes to this EULA are unacceptable to You or cause You to no longer be in agreement or compliance with this EULA, You may terminate this EULA in accordance with Section 8 and must immediately uninstall the Product and destroy all copies of the Product. Your continued use of the Product following any revision to this EULA constitutes Your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.

UBISOFT may modify the Product for any reason or without any specific reason, at any time and at its entire discretion, in particular for technical reasons such as updates, maintenance operations and/or resets to improve and/or optimize the Product. You agree that the Product may install or download the modifications automatically. You agree that UBISOFT may stop to support previous versions of the Product upon availability of an updated version. UBISOFT’s channel partners and associated service providers shall have no obligation to furnish any maintenance or customer support with respect to the Product. UBISOFT also reserves the right to amend the Rules of Conduct set out in Section 1 to place limits on the use of the Product.

So technically, we all agreed to the terms that they can do whatever they want with their game, when we bought and installed this game.

XxHunterHxX
05-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Still id love to ghet back the steel i wasted on upgrading something im not gona use....

Herbstlicht
05-17-2017, 09:56 AM
This is so incredibly stupid.
What I did: Destroying everything except current equip. Since then collecting new stuff of new rarity and totally enjoying it. Well, armor redesign is pathetic, but the weapons are nice.
So weird people always demand instant gratification. So weird people blow money for .. skipping what is fun? You could have given those bucks to some charity organization, would have been better spend.

Dhaleks
05-17-2017, 10:11 AM
This is so incredibly stupid.[...] You could have given those bucks to some charity organization, would have been better spend.

Agreed! How people can spend so much into a game, that is beyond me...
Some guys really don't know what to do of their money.

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 10:14 AM
This kind of gear progress that makes your old gear redundant is a very common model, used in MMOs for decades. However, you don't usually pay for your gear in those. The problem with For Honor is that a lot of people have spent real money on Steel to get the gear they want and to upgrade it. Obviously the lesson here is don't buy Steel, but for those that have done so, there is a genuine issue of paying for something that is now redundant.

Obdach01
05-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Well, I don't agree with changing things when players have invested time (money is your thing, so I leave this out). BUT
I have invested in my toon and have enjoyed it since. I don't have a lot of time so I played said toon 'only' 50 hours since release (it is the only one I played... Valk from the start). Now gear has changed and all investment was for nothing. However, I did get my ammount of fun out of the toon. It shouldn't be too bad starting a new one or re-investing in new stuff for the toon (I will do the later). After that I will enjoy another 50 hours with said toon, and when the time come and they change everything again, I will have had my fun time with that toon.
Basically, you did have your fun time, now it's time to rethink tactics and gear, and maybe the main (not in my case... I simply like Valk too much).
I don't think a refund is needed. And one more thing... don't spend real money on steel, if you mind changing your investment, because you already know what will happen in season 3 (and the majority, if not all, knew what will happen in season 2). If you spend money, don't be upset when season 3 hits.

Edit: I spent money, as well. But for cosmetics (only the mythic one for Valk). These don't change and I'm fine. Simply don't spend cash on things, which obviously will change.

Alchemist..
05-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Lol i cant understand peoples who cry about new gear lvl. I can bet that everyone is going to loot>upgrade new gear anywaya and the old ones would become useless anyway. It's just a matter of time ut it is good to try to force some compensation from ubi.

This kind of gear progress that makes your old gear redundant is a very common model, used in MMOs for decades. However, you don't usually pay for your gear in those. The problem with For Honor is that a lot of people have spent real money on Steel to get the gear they want and to upgrade it. Obviously the lesson here is don't buy Steel, but for those that have done so, there is a genuine issue of paying for something that is now redundant.

It works the same with everything. If you buy some outfit / ornament, it means that the ubi can not release new ones because you have to pay a new one? No, its just your choice

Kalsiner
05-17-2017, 11:11 AM
That kind of thread are funny. Did you really think gear would not evolve and stay the same forever ?

You paid for steel not for the best gear, what you do with it is up to you. I'm not sorry for you.

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 11:17 AM
You paid for steel not for the best gear, what you do with it is up to you. I'm not sorry for you.

That's being pointlessly pedantic. This game does allow you to buy your way to maxed out gear, because Steel, the currency with which we all buy our gear and upgrade it, is buyable with real money. Actual cash. Whether or not you believe Steel is something that people should spend real money on is another matter. But the fact that they can is not up for debate.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 11:34 AM
My 108 Valk gear is useless.

I had her maxed out for peak offense.. Now half my gear only gives a VERY small bonus to Attack.

Its like they changed which pieces give attack bonus to PURPOSELY MAKE US buy more silver to upgrade new gear.

FORCED US to buy new gear if we want our same stats (with higher lvl) as before.

So basically they pulled the rug out from under us to trick us into spending more money....

**** this game now.

Captain-Courage
05-17-2017, 11:35 AM
The real purpose of a gear system in what is supposed to be an arena lobby skill based game is monetization and player retention, to give the player a false sense of progression (where the avatar progress, not the player). Nothing else, and certainly not gameplay enrichment.
The comparisons with MMORPGs are kinda stupid since the game is the total oppositie of that, organically. Maybe they come from low standards players, or players who actually never played them, or just never thought about what the actual gemplay and gamedsign tropes of what they play are, I don't know (good example just below my post, mentionning World of Warcraft :nonchalance: ....)

Still, what we know now is that Ubi will use every poor F2P exploiter tactics to try to squeeze as much money as they can from their remaining userbase, since there are actual whales out there.

By the way to all the wanabe Mother Theresa down there, emphasizing with these poor, poor developpers : the production costs has already been covered by the initial sales (even if people stoped playing very quickly when faced with the actual quality of service provided, money was already in Ubi's pockets), the devs were and are still paid (they are salaried employees, even if Ubi tends to pay less than other companies in the sector), and the margins are enormous in digitlal industry compared to tradional industry.
Stop believing that they are like homeless starving people fighting to survive and get food in their plates please.
This is an AAA company on the stock market, not a little start up.

Corvy
05-17-2017, 11:56 AM
What a bunch of kids, for **** sake...
if you spen tons of steel in your character, ITS YOUR PROBLEM, You could have saved and got equipment just playing, but no, you decided to buy it.
now you have to play more, or spend more, its not different.

Do you people realize that the gear obviusly is gonna be outdated the next time the add a new level of gear?. just like every game?. (wow, for exaple)
Conclusion: Save the money for executions and stuff like this, and get the stupid gear by playing or opening free chest!.

Obdach01
05-17-2017, 12:00 PM
My 108 Valk gear is useless.

I had her maxed out for peak offense.. Now half my gear only gives a VERY small bonus to Attack.

Its like they changed which pieces give attack bonus to PURPOSELY MAKE US buy more silver to upgrade new gear.

FORCED US to buy new gear if we want our same stats (with higher lvl) as before.

So basically they pulled the rug out from under us to trick us into spending more money....

**** this game now.

You don't have to spend a single dime to upgrade your new gear. All you need to do is play. I didn't spent even one cent to upgrade the gear on my Valk. Nothing, nada, niente. Spending money was your choice, whatever the reason. But you could've done it the classic way. Just play the dailies and you will have enough. After upgrading the Valk gear I still sit on 28k of steel. I could upgrade the new gs with this... just missing the scrap. And all I did is play her for 50 hours. That's it. And that's all I played. All in all 50 hours.
Complaintrs that someone spend real cash out of his free will cannot be put on UBI. The only one responsible for this is you and you alone.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 12:00 PM
They already admitted their **** is way to expensive.. So why argue against what people are saying here.

You are basically starting at square one. That nice spear head you had that was max attack?? NOW IT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

So even If you wanna stay 108 you have to upgrade new gear to get back to where you were before their money grubbing ****ed you over.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 12:04 PM
You don't have to spend a single dime to upgrade your new gear. All you need to do is play. I didn't spent even one cent to upgrade the gear on my Valk. Nothing, nada, niente. Spending money was your choice, whatever the reason. But you could've done it the classic way. Just play the dailies and you will have enough. After upgrading the Valk gear I still sit on 28k of steel. I could upgrade the new gs with this... just missing the scrap. And all I did is play her for 50 hours. That's it. And that's all I played. All in all 50 hours.
Complaintrs that someone spend real cash out of his free will cannot be put on UBI. The only one responsible for this is you and you alone.

So are you Champion status then?

Im not a damn idiot.. I know how to farm silver. It costs 1000s and 1000s of silver to go to 108. Now the old stats have changed so much the new(old) gear is unrecognizeable.

Also I find your logic flawed. I bought this game for a ton of money. I want to play the game to its fullest. I shouldnt be foreced to redo all the work I did getting 108. I should be able to just stay at 108 with what io have and be happy. THEY SWITCHED EVERYTHING AROUND...

My old spear was max attack. Now its 5.5% attack?? WTF???

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 12:20 PM

Just so you know, that's good now. There is no +50% or +70% attack gear. I think the highest I have is on a Dagger and that's 6% or so.

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Just so you know, that's good now. There is no +50% or +70% attack gear. I think the highest I have is on a Dagger and that's 6% or so.

Around 20~25% max for ATT and DEF. Buff/Debuff related figures can go higher.

As it is, a 2x max ATT weapon piece plus a one weapon piece dedicated to DEFpen and Blockdamage is way better than 3x ATT pieces.

Obdach01
05-17-2017, 01:09 PM
So are you Champion status then?

Im not a damn idiot.. I know how to farm silver. It costs 1000s and 1000s of silver to go to 108. Now the old stats have changed so much the new(old) gear is unrecognizeable.

Also I find your logic flawed. I bought this game for a ton of money. I want to play the game to its fullest. I shouldnt be foreced to redo all the work I did getting 108. I should be able to just stay at 108 with what io have and be happy. THEY SWITCHED EVERYTHING AROUND...

I did not want to insult you, mate. I have the same champ status everyone got from the melee packs. I was just mentioning that you do not have to buy steel with cash. All you need you can grind... and I think grind here is a bit too harsh, as it is one of the least grinding games I have played, which involved grinding. All I ment was, just play and you will have new maxed gear in no time. But be aware... this will change the next season, so don't be upset by then.

Lumina-US
05-17-2017, 01:25 PM

And they do it all despite you taking the time to call them bastards, just for trying to make a good game.It's called doing your job at work - welcome to the real world!

The customers have EVERY RIGHT to be angry, given what Ubisoft delievered with (and in) "For Honor" so far.

Seriously, if i would do my work like what they did/still do with this very game, i would have been fired ages ago - twice even!

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 01:32 PM
i've spent hundreds of dollars equipping my many characters to be 108. Ya i know, pay to win. But now you nerfed my investment. My gear means nothing now. I feel like i have been scammed. You will not get another penny out of me.

lmao.........Why would you do that knowing that gold gear was coming. I knew it was from playing the betas. You people truely amaze me sometimes.

And spending hundreds just to increase your gs....Sorry but that was just stupidity on your part.

Its funny when I think about it. I shopped around a week after release and found 2 copies for 60 bucks. I just been casually playing and learning the game. Saving my rewards and just leveling heroes. I'm sitting on 21 crates and loads of nonupgraded purples. Yet you spent all that money to uprade your gear and I spent hardly anything and I'm sitting in a better spot just because I had patience.

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 01:48 PM
hundreds of dollars... say that out loud again.... lol sucks dude. should have thought about that. did ya'll think the gear wouldn't ever be changed? sucks though losing that money... but the other side of it is. no one made you spend your money xD you did. I spent about 100-150. not on gear on feats for chars, executions xD stuff that lasts, because well i gotta grind them levels so... might as well grind them levels and gear at same time that you will get anyway xD

If I had known that Ubisoft would be so reckless with their gear stats I may not have spent a penny, and just grinded it, or just paid for executions & cosmetics.

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 01:51 PM
This is so incredibly stupid.
What I did: Destroying everything except current equip. Since then collecting new stuff of new rarity and totally enjoying it. Well, armor redesign is pathetic, but the weapons are nice.
So weird people always demand instant gratification. So weird people blow money for .. skipping what is fun? You could have given those bucks to some charity organization, would have been better spend.

You miss the point. If I had spent steel on executions or emotes, that investment is permanent and meaningful. Right now the steel I invested in gear is wasted, since the gear is now different than what it was when I paid to buy steel to upgrade it. They did not announce such a change.

ThelwVizia
05-17-2017, 01:52 PM
how stupid can u be to give more money to a fail product of a fail company.....

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Well, I don't agree with changing things when players have invested time (money is your thing, so I leave this out). BUT
I have invested in my toon and have enjoyed it since. I don't have a lot of time so I played said toon 'only' 50 hours since release (it is the only one I played... Valk from the start). Now gear has changed and all investment was for nothing. However, I did get my ammount of fun out of the toon. It shouldn't be too bad starting a new one or re-investing in new stuff for the toon (I will do the later). After that I will enjoy another 50 hours with said toon, and when the time come and they change everything again, I will have had my fun time with that toon.
Basically, you did have your fun time, now it's time to rethink tactics and gear, and maybe the main (not in my case... I simply like Valk too much).
I don't think a refund is needed. And one more thing... don't spend real money on steel, if you mind changing your investment, because you already know what will happen in season 3 (and the majority, if not all, knew what will happen in season 2). If you spend money, don't be upset when season 3 hits.

Edit: I spent money, as well. But for cosmetics (only the mythic one for Valk). These don't change and I'm fine. Simply don't spend cash on things, which obviously will change.

I am not spending money on steel anymore, that is my point. They use the same currency to upgrade gear as for buying executions, emotes, effects, etc. They should be different, such as just using scrapped gear parts to make upgrades rather than using the scraps plus steel.

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 01:56 PM
What a bunch of kids, for **** sake...
if you spen tons of steel in your character, ITS YOUR PROBLEM, You could have saved and got equipment just playing, but no, you decided to buy it.
now you have to play more, or spend more, its not different.

Do you people realize that the gear obviusly is gonna be outdated the next time the add a new level of gear?. just like every game?. (wow, for exaple)
Conclusion: Save the money for executions and stuff like this, and get the stupid gear by playing or opening free chest!.

You also miss the point. Their currency system is flawed since you can buy emotes, effects, and upgrade gear with the same currency, which can be earned in game or bought. Some of us bought currency. If it was spent on emotes and such, then you spent wisely, since that investment is permanent. If you upgraded gear, you got screwed, because the gear is now completely worthless, and they never gave any hint that they would normalize gear so much, change it so such a drastic degree, and essentially make it worthless.

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 02:00 PM
You also miss the point. Their currency system is flawed since you can buy emotes, effects, and upgrade gear with the same currency, which can be earned in game or bought. Some of us bought currency. If it was spent on emotes and such, then you spent wisely, since that investment is permanent. If you upgraded gear, you got screwed, because the gear is now completely worthless, and they never gave any hint that they would normalize gear so much, change it so such a drastic degree, and essentially make it worthless.

Gold gear was in the betas. FYI. Was enough of a hint for me not to waste money or my ingame resources on the purple gear.

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 02:03 PM

You are right. Nobody forced me to buy steel, nobody forced me to spend steel on gear, and I wouldn't have if I had known that they would normalize gear, nerf it into the ground, and change it so completely that the stats no longer have any true meaning. If I had known that they would completely overhaul gear and make my investment worthless, I would never have bothered spending steel on it. I would have just bought cosmetics (emotes, effects, etc) which are permanent. But my point is they did this without considering the player's investment, and now people like me who have spent money to buy currency no longer wish to. Perhaps some people will continue to buy steel to upgrade gear, but I will not. Bad business decision on their part.

Prophet Filth
05-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Gold gear was in the betas. FYI. Was enough of a hint for me not to waste money or my ingame resources on the purple gear.

What does gold gear existing in the betas have to do with anything? I played beta as well, and was never once told that the gear stats I was investing in such as revenge and attack would be nerfed into the ground and normalized so that there is no significant advantage to upgrading gear vs playing with gray gear.

Obdach01
05-17-2017, 02:10 PM
You are right. Nobody forced me to buy steel, nobody forced me to spend steel on gear, and I wouldn't have if I had known that they would normalize gear, nerf it into the ground, and change it so completely that the stats no longer have any true meaning. If I had known that they would completely overhaul gear and make my investment worthless, I would never have bothered spending steel on it. I would have just bought cosmetics (emotes, effects, etc) which are permanent. But my point is they did this without considering the player's investment, and now people like me who have spent money to buy currency no longer wish to. Perhaps some people will continue to buy steel to upgrade gear, but I will not. Bad business decision on their part.

I hear ya, mate. One word of advice... games today always change, especially when they are PvP. Don't spend cash for gear in those games. spend it for vanity. What you did, I did as well in my first PvP game. I did regret it, and have never done it again. You will be more satisfied.

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 02:30 PM
What does gold gear existing in the betas have to do with anything? I played beta as well, and was never once told that the gear stats I was investing in such as revenge and attack would be nerfed into the ground and normalized so that there is no significant advantage to upgrading gear vs playing with gray gear.

It actually had alot to do with me saving my resources. The stat changes didnt really effect me at all. I didnt upgrade any of those purples because I knew gold gear was coming. So all I had to do was switch out a few pieces.

So your not as powerful against grey gear wearers....So what.....

Prophet Filth
05-18-2017, 03:19 AM
It actually had alot to do with me saving my resources. The stat changes didnt really effect me at all. I didnt upgrade any of those purples because I knew gold gear was coming. So all I had to do was switch out a few pieces.

So your not as powerful against grey gear wearers....So what.....

So what is that we PAID for the currency which made our gear substantially better than gray gear. They should never have mixed currency used for cosmetics with gear. Since they did they should not have destroyed the value of it. The currency was used because it DID make the gear significantly better than crap gear, but with them normalizing the gear, we were ripped off. They should refund EVERYONE who invested steel to upgrade gear. I am not asking for a financial refund, but an in-game currency refund.

Obdach01
05-18-2017, 01:21 PM
So what is that we PAID for the currency which made our gear substantially better than gray gear. They should never have mixed currency used for cosmetics with gear. Since they did they should not have destroyed the value of it. The currency was used because it DID make the gear significantly better than crap gear, but with them normalizing the gear, we were ripped off. They should refund EVERYONE who invested steel to upgrade gear. I am not asking for a financial refund, but an in-game currency refund.

The melee packs are a refund, mate. But some people are never satisfied. Again... spending your hard earned cash is your choosing. You can't ask for a refund for a car, because after 5 years it's not worth the same ammount you paid for it. Or a TV, or your PS. I have a PS3 which now is useless, because Sony came with the PS4. Should they refund me?
Seriously, mate... 99% of things you can buy with your hard earned cash will loose value over time. That's how the world works. The game i bought for 60 buck is given out on sale for 20 six months after its release. I didn't play until then, for whatever reason... should I get 40 bucks refund?

rossato2109
05-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Meanwhile refund the gear I spent upgrading the WRONG items after the stupid stat change that doesnt make clear what stat is the highest and what is midle :mad:

Infidel.Castro
05-18-2017, 01:59 PM
Meanwhile refund the gear I spent upgrading the WRONG items after the stupid stat change that doesnt make clear what stat is the highest and what is midle :mad:

Lol! Maybe a bit of research would have saved you the pain, rather than rushing to 144.

rossato2109
05-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Lol! Maybe a bit of research would have saved you the pain, rather than rushing to 144.

I was hardly rushing to 144, mister bear. Was just adjusting the new items I got as my builds got messed up due to the stat changes.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-18-2017, 08:46 PM
Everyone is just having problems with this new GS, and here I am realizing I had so much steel and loot packs that I didn't need to play a single game to get to 144 GS

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-18-2017, 08:50 PM

But it does make it clear, the higher percentage is the highest, the The nagative is lowest, and medium is the lower percentage increase.

That's pretty clear.

crunchynutman
05-18-2017, 10:44 PM
I just do not understand why Ubisoft did nothing to refund anyone who maxed out gear. Even the simple choice of choosing the way your old gear stats applied to the new gear stats would have been fine. They literally just made most of my gear useless to my playstyle.

Alustar.
05-18-2017, 11:55 PM
accept that I haven't payed a single cent towards gear and I'm not complaining? I mean, I am at 131 now, so, getting close to cap again. You do know how a pay to win scenario actually works, right?
In a pay to win setting, you HAVE to pay money to progress in content and or to perform.
Also bear in mind, all the gear and stats in the world will make no difference if you cannot play your character to begin with. Not to mention, they didn't erase your gear, you still have it, it's the same level, it just now functions under new parameters.

Here you guys come making it sound like Ubisoft just straight, took your toys away and sent you to bed without dinner.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 11:56 PM

Its your own fault for trying to pay to win. They announced weeks in advance that the gear system would be changed and the stats would be different and that they were raising the gear score level. This is not some new outrageous things. Many games have done this.

I am ecstatic that people like you got screwed in the end. Next time just earn your gear like the rest of the players.

By paying money you get no special treatment. It does not entitle you to be treated any different than a player who has not spent ANY money beyond the initial purchase price. You payed to win and you won for that period of time. Now the gear score it higher and the gear system has been improved. You don't deserve a refund. You are not going to get a refund. They are not obligated to give you a refund.

Obligatory

http://i.imgur.com/1HWQIPa.gif

EDIT: Sorry need to tweak my response

Alustar.
05-19-2017, 02:39 AM
This is hilarious because I got loot crates 5 for free 4 I know of were for off season. Not to mention the steel I was saving because I got my PK to 108 and decided to just save up for new characters.

In total I had 10 crates because I kept the ones I got from the end round results and such. Had more than enough to get my PK set up with 3 new load outs all between 124 and 131.

This is hilarious because if you can't tell which numbers are bigger than others you should put the controller down and go back to kindergarten, kiddo.

TheMalakith
05-19-2017, 02:50 AM
I don't really care a whole lot about the gear stat changes. I just wonder why they didn't just let everyone choose the stats 1 time on the gear they currently have, that way no-one could complain about having the wrong stats on their old gear. MMO's tend to give skill point resets etc for free as well ones they make drastic changes to them, it can't be that hard.

Prophet Filth
05-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Its your own fault for trying to pay to win. They announced weeks in advance that the gear system would be changed and the stats would be different and that they were raising the gear score level. This is not some new outrageous things. Many games have done this.

I am ecstatic that people like you got screwed in the end. Next time just earn your gear like the rest of the players.

By paying money you get no special treatment. It does not entitle you to be treated any different than a player who has not spent ANY money beyond the initial purchase price. You payed to win and you won for that period of time. Now the gear score it higher and the gear system has been improved. You don't deserve a refund. You are not going to get a refund. They are not obligated to give you a refund.

Obligatory

http://i.imgur.com/1HWQIPa.gif

EDIT: Sorry need to tweak my response

You sound bitter that there is an option to "pay to win" in that players can buy currency in which they can upgrade gear. You chose not to, for whatever reasons which are not my business, and I have no right to dictate how you enjoy the game you paid for, such as you have no right to dictate how I enjoy the game I paid for. Ubisoft made it possible to buy steel with real money, which is used to buy gear crates. You should be mad at Ubisoft, not me. I for one have a family, full time job, attend school at night, own a house etc which means that my time to game is limited. I cannot grind out days worth of time to accumulate enough steel and drops to gear out my characters to max gear progression. I find it more fun to get a character to rep 3, gear him out, and play casually. Competitively, this game WAS based on GEAR and skill, now mostly skill. That is fine. However, before the gear changes, with my limited time I would not find it fun to get my characters leveled up to rep 3 and then constantly get my rear handed to me by people in max gear who are rep 15+ because my multiple rep 3 characters = my overall rep 20+.

You are criticizing me for paying to gear out my characters, because I can afford to, but can't afford to sit on my couch for 15+ hours a day and grind out the gear. Some people can afford to do that, I cannot. When you say earn your gear like the rest of the players, not every player is disabled, living on momma's basement and off daddy's income, unemployed living off the taxpayer, etc. So do not include the entire community in your estimation. Some of us want to be able to enjoy the game without being destroyed by people with better gear cuz they have more time to invest in it. Now that has changed, gear is not so important, which is fine, but at the time we bought this gear, it was NOT announced that gear would be changed and nerfed into the ground.

I do not care what you do with your time and money, and I am not sorry that what I do with mine offends and angers you so much.

Prophet Filth
05-19-2017, 05:24 PM
This is hilarious because I got loot crates 5 for free 4 I know of were for off season. Not to mention the steel I was saving because I got my PK to 108 and decided to just save up for new characters.

In total I had 10 crates because I kept the ones I got from the end round results and such. Had more than enough to get my PK set up with 3 new load outs all between 124 and 131.

This is hilarious because if you can't tell which numbers are bigger than others you should put the controller down and go back to kindergarten, kiddo.

10 gear crates do not compensate for the hundreds spent to get the right gear and scraps to upgrade the gear on multiple characters.

Prophet Filth
05-19-2017, 05:28 PM
The melee packs are a refund, mate. But some people are never satisfied. Again... spending your hard earned cash is your choosing. You can't ask for a refund for a car, because after 5 years it's not worth the same ammount you paid for it. Or a TV, or your PS. I have a PS3 which now is useless, because Sony came with the PS4. Should they refund me?
Seriously, mate... 99% of things you can buy with your hard earned cash will loose value over time. That's how the world works. The game i bought for 60 buck is given out on sale for 20 six months after its release. I didn't play until then, for whatever reason... should I get 40 bucks refund?

A few gear packs do not compensate the hundreds of crates bought to upgrade multiple characters by getting the correct gear and enough scraps to upgrade them.

The car analogy is inaccurate. To be more accurate, let's say you bought a car to help you get to your place of work, that all your neighbors also work at but take the bus. Everyone ends up at the same place, it just takes your neighbors longer. Well one day without warning you go to your driveway and instead of your car, you find a bus pass that your neighbors all have. Everyone still ends up at work, just now your car is magically gone no fault of yours. That is a better analogy.

Supercool5150
05-19-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm just stoked Coyote used a Willy Wonka reference.:cool: RIP Gene Wilder

lllWARCHILDlll
05-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Consumer wise, you should never spend real money to quicken an advance in a recreational medium. Especially in this day and age due to the existence of E.U.L.A.s, and HOW those protect Developers and publishers.

In this particular instance, while I can understand that not everyone has the time to spend earning steel in game that would make progress painfully slow, it is in this situation something that wouldnt have benefited some who opted to buy Steel (if you just don't have as much time as others to play) to then purchase any in game gear. Because if you hadn't, you'd still have that money, the new tier would've come into effect, and if it is the only tier they are adding (which I don't believe I'm sure there will be more), then you could've spent it now, and with how healthy the RNG appears to be in FHonor youd probably have been better off.

As a rule of thumb I never spend real money on microtransactions in ANY game that has "progressive levels dictated by what is being sold". In other words any recreational medium containing levels dictated by UOC (User Oriented Content: any content in a video game that can be activated at will by a person playing a video game) is a form of revenue that can be increased at will by the developers.

Tomorrow if they wished, they could opt to increase their revenue by putting out anything UOC obtainable by steel, making anything already purchased essentially of lesser worth.

The moment microtransactions were introduced into For Honor that had purchases that provided a number system in game, was the moment I knew any number can be increased so buying anything in game with that number would be irrelevant.

I understand why people are frustrated. It is however a frustration of your own making if you opted to spend real money on in game numerical values.
**shrug

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Ok, think about it this way, if you buy a 2016 Honda Civic, which your boss would have given to you for free had you just waited. But now you're pissed that the 2017 Civic came out and now you're demanding a refund. Doesn't sound too smart does it?

SirCorrino
05-19-2017, 07:20 PM
10 gear crates do not compensate for the hundreds spent to get the right gear and scraps to upgrade the gear on multiple characters.

You knew from the start that new gear would be introduced with S2 and you still spent money on upgrading your gear. That was your choice, this is par for the course for any game with gear. New content is released and your old gear is no longer the best and it might get changed if there are reworks. You never get refunds for that, lol.

FledgeSRondo
05-19-2017, 07:55 PM
The problem is not that there is new gear. New gear is actually encouraging, in the sense that it continuously gives new goals to aim for in-game.

The problem is that, with the gear system changing, all our old gear statistically became worse than worthless, it became a detriment to gameplay. I prefer to save my salvage crates and grind for all my loot gear, and it was inordinately painful to watch as my Rep29 GS108 Warden was destroyed by gank teams without any Rep or GS whatsoever, because ALL my Heroic gear now had NEGATIVE Defense percentiles such that she could only take a few hits before dying. Thankfully it didn't take me very long to earn Epic gear and rebuild all my loadouts, but it was painful getting there, especially without any useful in-game guidance to aid in understanding the nuances of the new system.

I just don't understand why, given such a dramatic gear system overhaul that would necessarily break all our old gear, they wouldn't allow players a one-time option to fix the statistics on their old gear to make the transition less painful, instead of simply rolling a dice and giving most people crappy stats.

I imagine that for people who actually invested real-world money the pain was even worse, though I suppose Ubisoft will ultimately pay the price, as these consumers are far less likely to purchase steel packs for gear-building in the future. I mean, why would anyone buy something for specific properties when those properties could be changed anytime at the whim of the company? That would be like buying a customizable car, then the company gives you the ability and encourages you to buy customizations for said car, and then they randomly change all those customizations down the road without you having any choice or say. At least for this one time the company benefits by literally forcing people into adopting a new system, but consumers are far less likely to buy into the whole customization system down the road, and I wouldn't doubt that their sales from these customers will drop. It's a bad business practice to effectively disincentivize your paying demographic by punishing them for using the systems they were encouraged to use.

Prophet Filth
05-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Consumer wise, you should never spend real money to quicken an advance in a recreational medium. Especially in this day and age due to the existence of E.U.L.A.s, and HOW those protect Developers and publishers.

In this particular instance, while I can understand that not everyone has the time to spend earning steel in game that would make progress painfully slow, it is in this situation something that wouldnt have benefited some who opted to buy Steel (if you just don't have as much time as others to play) to then purchase any in game gear. Because if you hadn't, you'd still have that money, the new tier would've come into effect, and if it is the only tier they are adding (which I don't believe I'm sure there will be more), then you could've spent it now, and with how healthy the RNG appears to be in FHonor youd probably have been better off.

As a rule of thumb I never spend real money on microtransactions in ANY game that has "progressive levels dictated by what is being sold". In other words any recreational medium containing levels dictated by UOC (User Oriented Content: any content in a video game that can be activated at will by a person playing a video game) is a form of revenue that can be increased at will by the developers.

Tomorrow if they wished, they could opt to increase their revenue by putting out anything UOC obtainable by steel, making anything already purchased essentially of lesser worth.

The moment microtransactions were introduced into For Honor that had purchases that provided a number system in game, was the moment I knew any number can be increased so buying anything in game with that number would be irrelevant.

I understand why people are frustrated. It is however a frustration of your own making if you opted to spend real money on in game numerical values.
**shrug

Very well said. It is not the progression of the gear that angers me, but changing it so much that what was initially invested in is gone, making the investment irrelevant. Can they do it based on the EULA? Yes. Is it good business practice? No.

Ok, think about it this way, if you buy a 2016 Honda Civic, which your boss would have given to you for free had you just waited. But now you're pissed that the 2017 Civic came out and now you're demanding a refund. Doesn't sound too smart does it?

I am not angered about new gear, new gear levels, and new gear progression. That makes me happy. It adds more goals for people to obtain, keeping the game interesting. It is the normalization, removing stats and gains that people invested in the first place. I would still buy gear crates and invest in the game if they never changed it. I could still use the gear I upgraded if they never normalized it. Now it is irrelevant garbage. Gear becoming outdated is part of progression, but completely changing how it works and normalizing it is garbage and a slap to the face to everyone who spent money to obtain and upgrade that gear.

Prophet Filth
05-19-2017, 07:59 PM
You knew from the start that new gear would be introduced with S2 and you still spent money on upgrading your gear. That was your choice, this is par for the course for any game with gear. New content is released and your old gear is no longer the best and it might get changed if there are reworks. You never get refunds for that, lol.

New gear that comes along making old gear obsolete is good. Gear progression is good. Completely destroying a system people invested in to introduce a new system making all previous investments wasted is bad. No more investments from people like me.

BGEEZY1982medic
05-19-2017, 08:12 PM
The problem is they stole from us, it's no different than call of duty supply drops, b like them going into our account and changing the perks we have on weapons we bought in supply drops, it's stealing and cheating us, who gives them the right to change the stars on the gear we purchasers with money for steel, I get changing stats on all gear we get from here on out but to change the stats on gear people spent hundreds of dollars on is stealing, people bought those packs to get the perfect piece of gear to upgrade, it is stealing by Ubisoft, that is gear we purchased, they have no right to change stats on it!!!!!!!!

Krell80
05-19-2017, 08:29 PM
they have no right to change stats on it!!!!!!!!

Yes,you just don't want to accept.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-19-2017, 09:25 PM
Very well said. It is not the progression of the gear that angers me, but changing it so much that what was initially invested in is gone, making the investment irrelevant. Can they do it based on the EULA? Yes. Is it good business practice? No.

I am not angered about new gear, new gear levels, and new gear progression. That makes me happy. It adds more goals for people to obtain, keeping the game interesting. It is the normalization, removing stats and gains that people invested in the first place. I would still buy gear crates and invest in the game if they never changed it. I could still use the gear I upgraded if they never normalized it. Now it is irrelevant garbage. Gear becoming outdated is part of progression, but completely changing how it works and normalizing it is garbage and a slap to the face to everyone who spent money to obtain and upgrade that gear.

So if gear is normalized how is 108 gear useless?

Balance doesn't wait on your wallet

Prophet Filth
05-19-2017, 09:34 PM
So if gear is normalized how is 108 gear useless?

Balance doesn't wait on your wallet

Before the huge nerfs and normalization to gear, if you upgraded all your gear to 108 following specific traits, you saw a result from it. Now, there isn't much difference between gray gear and max level 144. Ubisoft has normalized the gear so a new player will not feel overwhelmed against an experienced player with amazing gear. That balancing, while in some ways makes sense, also feels like a bait and trap, in that Ubisoft got us to spend our money to get that gear while it was still good, then taking it away after we spent our money. Now do you see what I am saying?

They should never have made steel part of the requirement for upgrading gear. Gear crates should never have been able to been bought with steel. Gear and cosmetics should be kept separate, that way you can pay to change your character's appearance, but only earn gear and upgrades. They didn't do it that way, they combined them, allowed people to spend money to get steel to upgrade gear, then took away the benefits of doing so. Since they have drastically changed the game on us, I wish I spent my steel on cosmetics, and wish I never spent money to buy crates and upgrades. I did not regret it, not even aware of the prospect of new gear outdating the gear, until they completely destroyed the gear system and made it not worth investing into at all now.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Before the huge nerfs and normalization to gear, if you upgraded all your gear to 108 following specific traits, you saw a result from it. Now, there isn't much difference between gray gear and max level 144. Ubisoft has normalized the gear so a new player will not feel overwhelmed against an experienced player with amazing gear. That balancing, while in some ways makes sense, also feels like a bait and trap, in that Ubisoft got us to spend our money to get that gear while it was still good, then taking it away after we spent our money. Now do you see what I am saying?

They should never have made steel part of the requirement for upgrading gear. Gear crates should never have been able to been bought with steel. Gear and cosmetics should be kept separate, that way you can pay to cosmetic, but only earn gear and upgrades. They didn't do it that way, they combined them, allowed people to spend money to get steel to upgrade gear, then took away the benefits of doing so. Since they have drastically changed the game on us, I wish I spent my steel on cosmetics, and wish I never spent money to buy crates and upgrades. I did not regret it, not even aware of the prospect of new gear outdating the gear, until they completely destroyed the gear system and made it not worth investing into at all now.
This game is trying to be toted as a game of skill, while that is still is a long ways away, this is a step in the right direction. I still feel a gear difference, but now it doesn't feel game breaking

If you partake in anti consumer practices, you will reap the rewards of doing so.

Poetic Justice really.

Kraxers
05-19-2017, 09:46 PM
This thread shows how pitiful this community is. They want ****in everything.
When you play WoW do you ask for refund when they release new expansion? Since yours is pretty much useless after that.

Prophet Filth
05-19-2017, 10:01 PM
This thread shows how pitiful this community is. They want ****in everything.
When you play WoW do you ask for refund when they release new expansion? Since yours is pretty much useless after that.

The difference is that in WoW you actually save money, since you don't have to ever spend money on birth control. For Honor players don't die virgins. Well some don't.

Alustar.
05-19-2017, 11:17 PM
So, I'd love to know how your gear is useless now, outside of being like me and already rep9 and the lvl 18 gear pieces I had were all useless since I was unloading lvl 21-22. Outside of that they only reworked the stats and adjusted how far the gains reach. All of that to provide more balance over all (which is one thing I heard several people, possibly lurking in this very thread, complain about.)
But that aside, how does your gear mean nothing now?

Secondly here's some math to help you out:
A steel pack of 25000 units costs around $20.
Each premium pack costs 500 steel, which makes that 50 premium packs.
It takes 6 slots to gear a character, and you get 5 random items with two at rare quality, and if I'm correct (which normally is the case) your rep lvl also helps your rng a bit. so that means you have a 1-5 chance to get a piece of gear for a slot.
Basically what I'm trying to say is, you mean to tell me it took more than 250 pieces of gear for you to get what you needed? That's not even counting the gear drops you get from matches or the steel you make from just being in one and completing orders.
By your own admission it appears that you didn't even play the game!

Also, just an FYI we define "skill based games" as such:

" games in which the outcome of the game is determined by the player's physical skill (like fast reaction or dexterity) or mental skill (logic abilities, strategic thinking, trivia knowledge). "

Anyone Care to try that again?

FledgeSRondo
05-20-2017, 06:36 AM
@alustar24 At the moment I've just become a Rep 30 GS 144 Warden, all of which I earned only by grinding in the game. To address your first part, I had spent a long time fine tuning all my gear across the loadouts for various situations. After the new gear system patch pretty much all my gear became worthless because all the values were randomized for every armor/weapon part in incompatible ways that completely broke my strategic builds, and what's worse, the new Defense statistic was set negative on ALL my old gear, as was the new Attack statistic. So when I ventured to the battlefield in order to grind for new gear I found my high-level Warden, still wearing her old gear, was apparently now made of wet tissue paper and was utterly bulldozed over by hordes of low-level gank squads, it was demoralizing. Given how much time I had spent collecting all the gear for the different loadouts, fine-tuning and upgrading their statistics and changing their specific looks with grinded steel, it would have been nice at the least if Ubisoft had set up a one-time statistics reset to ease this transition.

As for the second part, I wouldn't doubt that some paying customers actually built up multiple loadouts for multiple characters in the cast. When you factor in the costs of upgrading high level gear to max levels, playing around with changing their specific looks, and then the whole testing and recalibrating period for each build as you tinker around figuring out what combinations work best for you, I can see it costing that much, there were previously 12 characters with 3 loadouts apiece for 36 different possible builds, so it could conceivably cost a ton of money to outfit them to your liking.

As for the third part, well, you should ask Ubisoft why they put a stats-based gear system into a skill based game. Personally, like any RPG I enjoy tinkering around with numbers to get strategic and visually appealing builds, it's like having another game within the game itself. And being able to create different builds that play to different strengths adds even more variety and strategy to the various modes of play (atm I have a "Jack of All Trades" Warden build for Dominion, a "Revenge Killer" build for Deathmatch and another build with a focus on defense and providing support depending on team dynamics), so overall I think it adds a considerable amount of depth and nuance to what could have otherwise been a simple fighter. And if you want to limit the game simply to the skill aspect, heck, there's always Duels and Brawl.

Prophet Filth
05-20-2017, 08:08 AM
@alustar24 At the moment I've just become a Rep 30 GS 144 Warden, all of which I earned only by grinding in the game. To address your first part, I had spent a long time fine tuning all my gear across the loadouts for various situations. After the new gear system patch pretty much all my gear became worthless because all the values were randomized for every armor/weapon part in incompatible ways that completely broke my strategic builds, and what's worse, the new Defense statistic was set negative on ALL my old gear, as was the new Attack statistic. So when I ventured to the battlefield in order to grind for new gear I found my high-level Warden, still wearing her old gear, was apparently now made of wet tissue paper and was utterly bulldozed over by hordes of low-level gank squads, it was demoralizing. Given how much time I had spent collecting all the gear for the different loadouts, fine-tuning and upgrading their statistics and changing their specific looks with grinded steel, it would have been nice at the least if Ubisoft had set up a one-time statistics reset to ease this transition.

As for the second part, I wouldn't doubt that some paying customers actually built up multiple loadouts for multiple characters in the cast. When you factor in the costs of upgrading high level gear to max levels, playing around with changing their specific looks, and then the whole testing and recalibrating period for each build as you tinker around figuring out what combinations work best for you, I can see it costing that much, there were previously 12 characters with 3 loadouts apiece for 36 different possible builds, so it could conceivably cost a ton of money to outfit them to your liking.

As for the third part, well, you should ask Ubisoft why they put a stats-based gear system into a skill based game. Personally, like any RPG I enjoy tinkering around with numbers to get strategic and visually appealing builds, it's like having another game within the game itself. And being able to create different builds that play to different strengths adds even more variety and strategy to the various modes of play (atm I have a "Jack of All Trades" Warden build for Dominion, a "Revenge Killer" build for Deathmatch and another build with a focus on defense and providing support depending on team dynamics), so overall I think it adds a considerable amount of depth and nuance to what could have otherwise been a simple fighter. And if you want to limit the game simply to the skill aspect, heck, there's always Duels and Brawl.

This. Thank you.

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 12:45 PM

Firstly the stats on your odl gear weren't "Randomized" in values as many claim. If you had taken the time to notice, any value for slot 1 on the gear was transfered over and given new values to fit the new system.

Which mean if you had a head piece, with stats favoring exhaustion recover, debuff resistance, and limiting revenged mode duration(not sure if that's exactly what was there, then they simply altered the values, they gave you a headpiece with stats favoring exhaustion revover, debuff resist and limiting your defense now.And if you are rep 30 now, then you were loikely far enough along that you were going to upgrade your gear anyway, since all the drop youd be getting woulld make your old gear obsolete. Cause, progression.

Second, it's not Ubisofts fault, nor do they have any responisbilty for what players have spent their money on. QQ smoe moar?

I image Ubisoft put stat based gear in the game to allow people a modicum of control over how they play a character differently than others. The stat gains aren't enough to garunetee a win, so it's still a skill based game. Maybe you are confusing the styles of gear and stating with MMOs, but this type of customization is negligable at best. It's fluff to help me play the way I want.Like you said, add subtle nuances to the gameplay that can affect how players run the same hero.

With the time contrsraints on the patch rol out and how much MORE time it would have taken to give everyone the optino to restat, I don't see how that would have been much better, honestly.especially when you take in to account how other titles have handled such, and no. No MMO I've ever played did they give you the optino to restat after changing gear. Maybe after overhauling skill trees and such, you were alotted a free respec, but nothing to do with gear. Typically if anything happened to the gear, you dealt with the changes/upgrade, and worked on getting the new pieces as needed.

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 12:46 PM
This. Thank you.

Lol, it's always awesome to have someone else do your work, huh? Too bad you couldn't be fcked to come up with halfway intelligent responses like that.

Prophet Filth
05-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Firstly the stats on your odl gear weren't "Randomized" in values as many claim. If you had taken the time to notice, any value for slot 1 on the gear was transfered over and given new values to fit the new system.

Which mean if you had a head piece, with stats favoring exhaustion recover, debuff resistance, and limiting revenged mode duration(not sure if that's exactly what was there, then they simply altered the values, they gave you a headpiece with stats favoring exhaustion revover, debuff resist and limiting your defense now.And if you are rep 30 now, then you were loikely far enough along that you were going to upgrade your gear anyway, since all the drop youd be getting woulld make your old gear obsolete. Cause, progression.

Second, it's not Ubisofts fault, nor do they have any responisbilty for what players have spent their money on. QQ smoe moar?

I image Ubisoft put stat based gear in the game to allow people a modicum of control over how they play a character differently than others. The stat gains aren't enough to garunetee a win, so it's still a skill based game. Maybe you are confusing the styles of gear and stating with MMOs, but this type of customization is negligable at best. It's fluff to help me play the way I want.Like you said, add subtle nuances to the gameplay that can affect how players run the same hero.

With the time contrsraints on the patch rol out and how much MORE time it would have taken to give everyone the optino to restat, I don't see how that would have been much better, honestly.especially when you take in to account how other titles have handled such, and no. No MMO I've ever played did they give you the optino to restat after changing gear. Maybe after overhauling skill trees and such, you were alotted a free respec, but nothing to do with gear. Typically if anything happened to the gear, you dealt with the changes/upgrade, and worked on getting the new pieces as needed.

In all these MMOs you played, were you able to use real money to buy gear, upgrade it, or in other ways directly give you an advantage over other players? I doubt it. And yet if you could, I bet you were crying there too, criticizing everyone who spent money, telling them to git gud, calling them pay2win losers. In your righteous anger, you go after the players who spent money, when you should have attacked the game that allows it. Just because you either can't or won't spend money doesn't make you better, or more skilled than those who do.

Prophet Filth
05-20-2017, 02:41 PM
Lol, it's always awesome to have someone else do your work, huh? Too bad you couldn't be fcked to come up with halfway intelligent responses like that.

QQ smoe moar?

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 02:47 PM
QQ smoe moar?

Lol, typical response from a fail troll. Sorry you wasted over a hundred bucks trying to pay to win. If you are going to tell some one "QQ MOAR" you need to first be sure THEY are complaining about something. In which I am not. I was trying to spread logic and reasson. Not my fault you can't tell the difference. Tell me again, how did that work out for you? proof positive you only have two brain cells to rub together in a vain attempt to mimic abstract thought.

But go on, I'm dying to know how I am the one QQing on your post where you whine cause your gear is obsolete.

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 02:51 PM
In all these MMOs you played, were you able to use real money to buy gear, upgrade it, or in other ways directly give you an advantage over other players? I doubt it. And yet if you could, I bet you were crying there too, criticizing everyone who spent money, telling them to git gud, calling them pay2win losers. In your righteous anger, you go after the players who spent money, when you should have attacked the game that allows it. Just because you either can't or won't spend money doesn't make you better, or more skilled than those who do.

I steered away from games like Guild wars, Neverwinter and even TESO because I wasn't willing to invest money into them. For Honor is not p2w. Only idiot kids who don't understand how mechanics work think this game is pay to win. lol, but nice try. It's about time you actually put forth a modicum of effort into your responses. too bad they are still wild and baseless assumptions about a player you don't know. Care to try again? lol

Prophet Filth
05-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Lol, typical response from a fail troll. Sorry you wasted over a hundred bucks trying to pay to win. If you are going to tell some one "QQ MOAR" you need to first be sure THEY are complaining about something. In which I am not. I was trying to spread logic and reasson. Not my fault you can't tell the difference. Tell me again, how did that work out for you? proof positive you only have two brain cells to rub together in a vain attempt to mimic abstract thought.

But go on, I'm dying to know how I am the one QQing on your post where you whine cause your gear is obsolete.

First off, I quoted your troll quote from above. But now I am feeding the troll. If you actually read previous posts, you would see that I am not complaining about spending money, nor about gear progression. I am complaining about the bait and trap, normalizing gear that people spent money on.

Second, you were complaining.

Third, in this last post with your pay to win comment you are obviously against pay to win in general, and again you should attack the developers, not the players.

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 02:59 PM
I don't attack professional developers on their forums because of idiot player choices. point number one is false, you are complaining, this game is not pay to win. in your first post its pretty obvious. If you can't be fcked to learn what words mean and how they relate to this topic, you can't be helped,

Point number 2 is funny because you essentially said "I know you are but what am I!?" nice try kid.
Next

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 03:01 PM
express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.
"local authorities complained that they lacked sufficient resources"
synonyms: protest, grumble, whine, bleat, carp, cavil, grouse, make a fuss; More
state that one is suffering from (a pain or other symptom of illness).
"her husband began to complain of headaches"
state a grievance.
"they complained to the French government"

There is the deffinition if youd like some help. I know kids these days have poor vocabularies, cause they don't read books,

Never let it be said I wasn't helpful.

EDG_Avocado
05-20-2017, 03:53 PM
no , because they want you to spend more money. That is the whole point of having higher gear. No refunds sorry. Just keep spending

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 05:17 PM
no , because they want you to spend more money. That is the whole point of having higher gear. No refunds sorry. Just keep spending

Still haven't spent money to buy loot and I'm 132, 18 more levels and will be capped and that's less than a week after this update.
So much for that theory, huh?

Care to try that again?

berserker7331
05-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Still haven't spent money to buy loot and I'm 132, 18 more levels and will be capped and that's less than a week after this update.

Care to try that again?

Try capping 4 or 5 characters to max level, i've spent because of it. Prior to this, i grinded up every steel and time to level up all of them. Max rep 62, though im saving up crates for my new second main cent

Alustar.
05-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Try capping 4 or 5 characters to max level, i've spent because of it. Prior to this, i grinded up every steel and time to level up all of them. Max rep 62, though im saving up crates for my new second main cent

Do you even know how asinine that retort is? It is literally not my problem, nor anyone else's that you CHOSE to play and gear more than one hero. And the simple fact that you fall back to that argument is laughable.

Ever heard of the terms "impulse purchase" or "buyers remorse"? That's exactly what's happening. Players are being impulsive with their finances and suffering regret and blaming the dev team.

If you don't want to feel like you wasted money, consider first of you NEED that purchase first. For honor is a game of leisurely activity, therefore any purchase is a desire, not a necessity. Stop trying to raise this wildly illegitimate claim that Ubisoft stole from/cheated/screwed you over with this patch. Any gamer with half a decade of experience and the wherewithal to discern patterns knew that gear would be changed/updated/reworked.

FledgeSRondo
05-20-2017, 07:10 PM

That's simply not the case. On all my previous builds I always left debuff res. at minimum (since it's pretty rare to get hit by a debuff feat in most matches) and maxed out Defense either as a primary or secondary stat, but when the new gear system hit it was actually reversed on my builds, I actually had negative Defense on ALL my armor and in some cases high Debuff, and when I took my Warden online she was ripped to shreds in a matter of hits. It was a singularly painful experience.

That Ubisoft can absolve itself from any responsibility for the consequences of their modifications is covered in the EULA, but being conscientious of how decisions affect paying patrons is good business practice. Point in case, it's very doubtful anyone who previously spent Steel to customize their characters will do so in the future, meaning lost business. The sword cuts both ways.

I agree, the gear system is a fun extra feature to the game, I find tooling around with stats and outfitting new looks to be a pleasant break between matches. It can take a lot of effort to get things where you like, though, and you can definitely feel the difference on the battlefield. I'm not sure how this kind of revamp is handled in other games, but if they don't offer respecs they really ought to in my opinion, it would only be fair to those who invested time (or money) to at least let them personally transition their old gear to a new system. Then again, it might not be worth the company's investment to develop a respec system if only a few players are occasionally inconvenienced, and I wouldn't doubt that most players weren't terribly affected by the change at all if they even noticed. I personally found the transition to be initially painful, but thankfully shorter-lived than it could have been.

EDG_Avocado
05-20-2017, 08:15 PM

Care to try that again?

They want to earn more money. NOT EVERYONE will spend moeny but money will still be earnt with new gear. Understand now?Good

Prophet Filth
05-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Do you even know how asinine that retort is? It is literally not my problem, nor anyone else's that you CHOSE to play and gear more than one hero. And the simple fact that you fall back to that argument is laughable.

Ever heard of the terms "impulse purchase" or "buyers remorse"? That's exactly what's happening. Players are being impulsive with their finances and suffering regret and blaming the dev team.

If you don't want to feel like you wasted money, consider first of you NEED that purchase first. For honor is a game of leisurely activity, therefore any purchase is a desire, not a necessity. Stop trying to raise this wildly illegitimate claim that Ubisoft stole from/cheated/screwed you over with this patch. Any gamer with half a decade of experience and the wherewithal to discern patterns knew that gear would be changed/updated/reworked.

You have made it perfectly obvious that you do not spend in this game. You have made it obvious how you feel about people spending. This thread obviously does NOT apply to you, since you don't spend. I do not know why people have to invade threads that do not apply to them, to lord their opinions over others. I cannot tell if you are trying to just the fact that YOU do not spend, or are trolling.

Vingrask
05-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Everytime an online game have a change this kind of topic appear.

You used that on Season 1. You-used.
They said a good time before Season 2 that stats would be reworked, Reason I didn't wanted to upgrade any equip of my alt and ended the season with 19k Steel, I think. Another reason was because they said, before the Season 2 too, that the costs for upgrade would be reduced.

So with that information you could have decided if wait or use already. If you did before the information was released, then you used the upgraded equipment a lot!

If you have 108 geared heroes, this 108 gear worth nothing just because you need Epic now, what you will start drop right on the first match. Any Epic gear is superior to Heroic without the need for any upgrade.

I ****ing can't understand this generation of players!

RatedChaotic
05-21-2017, 03:46 PM
You have made it perfectly obvious that you do not spend in this game. You have made it obvious how you feel about people spending. This thread obviously does NOT apply to you, since you don't spend. I do not know why people have to invade threads that do not apply to them, to lord their opinions over others. I cannot tell if you are trying to just the fact that YOU do not spend, or are trolling.

Because it is a public forum and a General Discussion portion of the forums. Therefore threads are not just for people that it applys to, its for the whole community to discuss it.

Gold gear was in the betas. I knew not to waste materials to upgrade purples. Majority of games use white/grey,blue,purple, and gold rarity colors. It wasnt hard to figure out that I needed to save up to upgrade the golds not purples.

SangLong524
05-21-2017, 05:00 PM
I've never spent any real buck for fake buck aka steels. And I didn't even read every reply in this thread either. I just want to state my opinion in this matter.
First, skill or no, it has nothing to do with the OP spending real money on his upgrading. He can afford and It's his right. U have a problem with it, keep it to yourself and shut up. Monetary envy is so degrading. Have a little of your so called "honor".
Second, I don't claim to understand this micro transactions of theirs but to me, it's separate from the main product aka the game which requires patches till it's almost unrecognizable from the original,. Totally acceptable since it, subjectively, change the game for the better. Now, purchased steel for upgrading is another thing. Like another purchased product (say, a 4-leg table) that I have brought home. The producers can't just go into my home and take out one leg because their other customers have been b*tching about it, now they decide to remove 1 leg of every 4-leg table they already sold. NO, I bought a 4-leg table, not 3-leg one. It's similar to this situation, if such dramatic change concerning gears that in a way it's linked to any real money transaction, they should have post a giant notice everytime someone purchases a package so they buy it at their own risk. Maybe they did post a notice somewhere, but not everyone care for something called "warrior's dens" or "tournaments" or whatever.
So, in MY opinion, people who spend real money on steel packs should have some sort of compensation for their loss. Might be difficult, though. One can purchase steel pack and only buy cosmetics, in this case they suffer no loss.
There, I said my piece. If someone somehow feeling offended, i'I'll say this: I'm not your f**king parent.
I'll go back to the netherworld now. Bye bye :)

DrExtrem
05-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Well ...

I invested my steel in the only things, I get my investment back.

Every time is use a non standard execution.

Gear is short lived and I stopped upgrading or buying it the moment, they announced a rebalancing.

I am sorry for everybody, who invested money into gear, to be competitive. Sadly, this game is not really competitive. The 5 free boxes were the biggest insult to injury though.